Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 304 305
[quote name="Flightqueen" date="2018-06-08 16:44:33" ] I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like **** [/quote] Eventually the scrolls will run out. There is a point where there are NO scrolls available. (this is ignoring the point it may get to where people are paying 1000g for a 1% chance at primal) Retiring this item doesn't really make sense, as the eyes will be available for all hatching dragons from here on out. Additionally, I haven't seen a single person threaten or personally insult staff. (granted I haven't read all of 180+ pages of comments) The opinions of people in regards to this change are some of the least angry/yelling screaming I've seen of any debate on site. I mean, do people remember the un/retiring sprites/bears debate. That was a NIGHTMARE. This is NOTHING.
Flightqueen wrote on 2018-06-08 16:44:33:
I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like ****

Eventually the scrolls will run out. There is a point where there are NO scrolls available. (this is ignoring the point it may get to where people are paying 1000g for a 1% chance at primal) Retiring this item doesn't really make sense, as the eyes will be available for all hatching dragons from here on out.

Additionally, I haven't seen a single person threaten or personally insult staff. (granted I haven't read all of 180+ pages of comments) The opinions of people in regards to this change are some of the least angry/yelling screaming I've seen of any debate on site.

I mean, do people remember the un/retiring sprites/bears debate. That was a NIGHTMARE. This is NOTHING.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru [b]NANI?![/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=6&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=79bc1bbbea6f77e93c75d09dc628f1c0a0b20153&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

NANI?!

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=6&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=79bc1bbbea6f77e93c75d09dc628f1c0a0b20153&dummyext=prev.png
:]
AAHAHHAHH THIS IS AMAZING!
AAHAHHAHH THIS IS AMAZING!
[quote name="Flightqueen" date="2018-06-08 16:44:33" ] I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like **** [/quote] @flightqueen I understand your frustration, but the thing is that's not how things work. If they were to make a scroll or vial to set the eyes back to default I'd hope they'd be as common/as cheap as renaming scrolls or remove gene scrolls. I dont think anyone wants the only item to reverse a change to be 200 gems. We complain because we [i]do[/i] love and care for this game a lot. We give it construction criticism in the hopes of helping the site improve so we and others can love it more. From what i can tell most people actually do really enjoy the eyes, including myself, but it's the implementing and the RNG aspects are what people are concerned about. It's not that we think the staff are running a bad site/game. Mistakes happen and sometimes decisions aren't very well thought through. We know they can do better and should know more about the game more than we do so that these mistakes and this kind of backlash doesn't happen. They want feedback and we give them feedback. my apologies if this comes off as rude or anything at all, thats not my intention ;o; I just want to help you understand whats going on a bit more. I do agree theres a couple people that may be acting out of line, but from looking through almost 100 pages of this forum most people seem to be pretty civil about it.
Flightqueen wrote on 2018-06-08 16:44:33:
I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like ****

@flightqueen
I understand your frustration, but the thing is that's not how things work.
If they were to make a scroll or vial to set the eyes back to default I'd hope they'd be as common/as cheap as renaming scrolls or remove gene scrolls. I dont think anyone wants the only item to reverse a change to be 200 gems.
We complain because we do love and care for this game a lot. We give it construction criticism in the hopes of helping the site improve so we and others can love it more.
From what i can tell most people actually do really enjoy the eyes, including myself, but it's the implementing and the RNG aspects are what people are concerned about.
It's not that we think the staff are running a bad site/game. Mistakes happen and sometimes decisions aren't very well thought through. We know they can do better and should know more about the game more than we do so that these mistakes and this kind of backlash doesn't happen. They want feedback and we give them feedback.

my apologies if this comes off as rude or anything at all, thats not my intention ;o; I just want to help you understand whats going on a bit more. I do agree theres a couple people that may be acting out of line, but from looking through almost 100 pages of this forum most people seem to be pretty civil about it.
Oh, the lore possibilities for random-eyed hatchlings! They have rekindled my interest in breeding for something other than exalt-fodder, which is all I've been doing for a couple of years now. Nest hatching has a nice little twinge of excitement that was lacking before.

This, plus the eventual lair tabs, means my lair can have a coherent story again ::happy dance::
Oh, the lore possibilities for random-eyed hatchlings! They have rekindled my interest in breeding for something other than exalt-fodder, which is all I've been doing for a couple of years now. Nest hatching has a nice little twinge of excitement that was lacking before.

This, plus the eventual lair tabs, means my lair can have a coherent story again ::happy dance::
Attermire Scar
[quote name="Andrewsarchus" date="2018-06-08 16:48:50" ] [quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:37:54" ] -snip- [/quote] I don't see anybody here threatening the staff?? If you mean "I will leave the game", I think that's a legitimate thing to say. Staff wants people to play their game, if something is making them so angry they will leave, they'll want to fix it. Hopefully. However I do understand the point you're making, being an asshole won't get you anywhere, the FR staff is human too. I was a bit emotional earlier today, mostly due to the shock of all of this, and lack of sleep and food. I'm still angry but I'm trying to tone my message in a better manner. My opinion still stands. If there isn't a way to revert a dragon's eyes to common, I will leave the game. [/quote] Yes, that's what I meant. Like I said, I think that's [i]fair[/i], but I think it can be hard to take seriously sometimes. The staff hears a lot of that whenever something new shakes things up, but they still haven't lost enough players to make "I'm going to leave" a serious threat. I'm not trying to say that your feelings [i]don't[/i] matter, or that I [i]don't[/i] believe people will leave if they feel this change really ruins their game. It's just that there are [i]so[/i] many players who [i]won't[/i] leave, and people don't always follow through on their quit-the-game threats. If you can share the same opinion in a way that sounds calmer and less reactionary, I think it will be easier for devs to take it seriously and really consider it. I do think it's fair for people to be angry. I do think it's fair for people to leave if they feel this really ruins their game (and I can understand why). I just think that calmer communication is more effective. (And the level of calmness you've got going on right now is exactly what I mean: I think you're still passionate, but it's not the same kind of ranting I saw from a lot of people earlier (not calling anyone out specifically because I'm really not keeping track of names)) Edit: That said, I'd [i]really[/i] like a confirmation from the devs that they hear what we're asking for, and are at least considering it. The silence about a request so many people are making is discouraging.
Andrewsarchus wrote on 2018-06-08 16:48:50:
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:37:54:
-snip-

I don't see anybody here threatening the staff??

If you mean "I will leave the game", I think that's a legitimate thing to say. Staff wants people to play their game, if something is making them so angry they will leave, they'll want to fix it. Hopefully.

However I do understand the point you're making, being an ******* won't get you anywhere, the FR staff is human too. I was a bit emotional earlier today, mostly due to the shock of all of this, and lack of sleep and food. I'm still angry but I'm trying to tone my message in a better manner. My opinion still stands. If there isn't a way to revert a dragon's eyes to common, I will leave the game.

Yes, that's what I meant. Like I said, I think that's fair, but I think it can be hard to take seriously sometimes. The staff hears a lot of that whenever something new shakes things up, but they still haven't lost enough players to make "I'm going to leave" a serious threat. I'm not trying to say that your feelings don't matter, or that I don't believe people will leave if they feel this change really ruins their game. It's just that there are so many players who won't leave, and people don't always follow through on their quit-the-game threats.

If you can share the same opinion in a way that sounds calmer and less reactionary, I think it will be easier for devs to take it seriously and really consider it.

I do think it's fair for people to be angry. I do think it's fair for people to leave if they feel this really ruins their game (and I can understand why). I just think that calmer communication is more effective. (And the level of calmness you've got going on right now is exactly what I mean: I think you're still passionate, but it's not the same kind of ranting I saw from a lot of people earlier (not calling anyone out specifically because I'm really not keeping track of names))

Edit: That said, I'd really like a confirmation from the devs that they hear what we're asking for, and are at least considering it. The silence about a request so many people are making is discouraging.
event-sig-small-4.png
Hmmm, is there any way that you could revert back to the basic clan eyes for free if you don't like the special eyes you end up getting? Most of them are really cool, but some are just, ick.
Hmmm, is there any way that you could revert back to the basic clan eyes for free if you don't like the special eyes you end up getting? Most of them are really cool, but some are just, ick.
th72tUi.png tumblr_ojpzfkodsb1u8m70ho5_r1_100.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.pngnV0BWDQ.gif
whoa dang. this looks awesome i'm feelin it
whoa dang. this looks awesome i'm feelin it
image.png

| hello
| becca | she/her |
| FR +2
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:03:54" ] I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge. That's just that. [/quote] And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here. In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.). As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising. How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want. So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of? Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what? Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that. I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so.
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 16:03:54:
I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge.
That's just that.

And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here.

In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.).
As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising.
How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want.

So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of?
Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what?

Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that.
I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so.
ZVpCPil.png
Some more of my thoughts since I have been trying to collect vials. I'm reminded why I loathe limited event items that are rng based. Especially ones that are only available for a very short time (why did you think 2 days would be enough!)

I didn't have enough materials to make the vials initially so now I'm racing to try and craft as much purple goo as I can, which is frustrating because baldwin is rng based and I can chuck in as many materials as I want but it doesn't mean I'm going to get the colour I need. Meanwhile in the coliseum I haven't had a vile drop once.

It's incredibly frustrating to know that I may come out of this event not having collected any viles due to poor rng and that, no matter how hard I try or how long I play for, I still may not find any viles. Please reconsider the issue of retiring them, please listen to your userbase. The new eyes may not act like genes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the option to scatter them. Especially if they're rng and we have no control over what we will get.

Even if you keep the viles as a coli drop or an expensive baldwin item, or you put them in the gem marketplace! Please don't just get rid of them.

Some more of my thoughts since I have been trying to collect vials. I'm reminded why I loathe limited event items that are rng based. Especially ones that are only available for a very short time (why did you think 2 days would be enough!)

I didn't have enough materials to make the vials initially so now I'm racing to try and craft as much purple goo as I can, which is frustrating because baldwin is rng based and I can chuck in as many materials as I want but it doesn't mean I'm going to get the colour I need. Meanwhile in the coliseum I haven't had a vile drop once.

It's incredibly frustrating to know that I may come out of this event not having collected any viles due to poor rng and that, no matter how hard I try or how long I play for, I still may not find any viles. Please reconsider the issue of retiring them, please listen to your userbase. The new eyes may not act like genes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the option to scatter them. Especially if they're rng and we have no control over what we will get.

Even if you keep the viles as a coli drop or an expensive baldwin item, or you put them in the gem marketplace! Please don't just get rid of them.

1 2 ... 180 181 182 183 184 ... 304 305