Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 304 305
Eye debate aside, thank you staff for your commitment to the game. Whether you are for or against these eyes, no one can deny that you put effort into keeping this game up to date and interesting.
Happy aniversary everyone!
Eye debate aside, thank you staff for your commitment to the game. Whether you are for or against these eyes, no one can deny that you put effort into keeping this game up to date and interesting.
Happy aniversary everyone!
8mIb4Hl.gif
Oh, you can preview the eyes in the Predict Morphology. I don't know why I didn't think of that...
Oh, you can preview the eyes in the Predict Morphology. I don't know why I didn't think of that...
Keen on the Hibernal Den... I'm only worried that we can only store, like, ten dragons or something like this...
Keen on the Hibernal Den... I'm only worried that we can only store, like, ten dragons or something like this...
arcane_lightinig_banner.png dividerlightning.png arcane_lightinig_banner.png
Love the eyes so much! <3
But really, please don't retire the Scaterdights, or at least add treasure/gem items of all the "natural" eye types.
What if someone breeds the perfect dragon and has the worse eyes?
Now they have to breed another one or buy the glowing eyes that might look as bad.
What about people with a bunch of permas they want with new eyes? I want a bunch of my Imps with Primal eyes, but are this 3 days of brewing is not really going to be enough.
It would be so much better to at least add a treasure item of the common eyes.

In a happy note THAT FAMILIAR IS SOOO GOOOD
I'M IN LOVE
Would die for a recolor in NotN, like the loga got, I need 50000 QwQ (That I can't get because my cauldron will be scattersights only)
Love the eyes so much! <3
But really, please don't retire the Scaterdights, or at least add treasure/gem items of all the "natural" eye types.
What if someone breeds the perfect dragon and has the worse eyes?
Now they have to breed another one or buy the glowing eyes that might look as bad.
What about people with a bunch of permas they want with new eyes? I want a bunch of my Imps with Primal eyes, but are this 3 days of brewing is not really going to be enough.
It would be so much better to at least add a treasure item of the common eyes.

In a happy note THAT FAMILIAR IS SOOO GOOOD
I'M IN LOVE
Would die for a recolor in NotN, like the loga got, I need 50000 QwQ (That I can't get because my cauldron will be scattersights only)
rairai_by_thecomposerrn-dbrohjs.pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame_me_by_thecomposerrn-dbrogh4.png
WOOOOOO!!!!

What an update!! Happy 5th Anniversary!! <3 <3 I can't even pick one thing I love the most about this update!! lol
WOOOOOO!!!!

What an update!! Happy 5th Anniversary!! <3 <3 I can't even pick one thing I love the most about this update!! lol
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 10:27:22" ] [quote name="@MommaNessy" date="2018-06-08 10:19:20" ] [quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-06-08 10:06:07" ] I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not [/quote] I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based. [/quote] I would argue that it would be more offensive for them to ignore the fact that a startlingly large number of players are asking/requesting/demanding that they not retire the eye-scroll, with or without long and detailed explanations of how that decision affects them. I would much rather a "We have listened to player feedback and we have changed our decision" than radio silence in the face of hundreds of pages of scattered upset. [/quote] I strongly disagree with this. It is known that the disappointed minority is often more vocal than the majority. These hundreds of pages are not full of "scattered upset". Personally I think that a "revert to basic eyes" scroll would make the vast majority happy, and that's it. In my opinion, the scrolls shoul definitely be retired, first of all because the admins are supposed to stick to their words especially when they use the magic formula "retire permanently". This goes for the Sprite series, the Imp scrolls etc. If they go back on something like this, the trust built over the years between them and the community of players would waver. In the second place, this scroll is a huge help and [b]investment for new players[/b], and this is the perfect occasion to introduce it: few months after the boon of the elements. If they make the scroll purchasable in the market, the same old/rich players would be able to afford it, while the new players couldn't. Same thing if they make it a very high Baldwin recipe: it would only widen the gap between the old players with means and the new "poor" players. Keeping the scroll only for this weekend, new and dedicated players will be able to store some of them (since the recipe is low level and the scrolls drop a lot even in Traning Fields), giving the players an important item that is bound to be sought-after by collectors, breeders, old and new players alike. I for one am very happy with this decision and I believe that helping and awarding new/dedicated players is the right choice for the future of FR. And I am saying this while being one of the oldest players here.
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 10:27:22:
@MommaNessy wrote on 2018-06-08 10:19:20:
Shougoney wrote on 2018-06-08 10:06:07:
I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item

but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not

I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based.

I would argue that it would be more offensive for them to ignore the fact that a startlingly large number of players are asking/requesting/demanding that they not retire the eye-scroll, with or without long and detailed explanations of how that decision affects them.

I would much rather a "We have listened to player feedback and we have changed our decision" than radio silence in the face of hundreds of pages of scattered upset.

I strongly disagree with this. It is known that the disappointed minority is often more vocal than the majority. These hundreds of pages are not full of "scattered upset".
Personally I think that a "revert to basic eyes" scroll would make the vast majority happy, and that's it.

In my opinion, the scrolls shoul definitely be retired, first of all because the admins are supposed to stick to their words especially when they use the magic formula "retire permanently". This goes for the Sprite series, the Imp scrolls etc.
If they go back on something like this, the trust built over the years between them and the community of players would waver.

In the second place, this scroll is a huge help and investment for new players, and this is the perfect occasion to introduce it: few months after the boon of the elements. If they make the scroll purchasable in the market, the same old/rich players would be able to afford it, while the new players couldn't. Same thing if they make it a very high Baldwin recipe: it would only widen the gap between the old players with means and the new "poor" players.

Keeping the scroll only for this weekend, new and dedicated players will be able to store some of them (since the recipe is low level and the scrolls drop a lot even in Traning Fields), giving the players an important item that is bound to be sought-after by collectors, breeders, old and new players alike.

I for one am very happy with this decision and I believe that helping and awarding new/dedicated players is the right choice for the future of FR. And I am saying this while being one of the oldest players here.
ZVpCPil.png
Okay, I have to take back my previous statement. Or rather, add something. While I still enjoy the eyes a lot, especially the creepier ones (multiple eyes, yay <3), I have to join the chorus of people asking to please not retire the vial. It would just male things 120% more frustrating and not fun at all. I can imagine that this must be horrible for breeders, and it could turn out to be quite nuiscance for gen1s collectors such as myself as well... It takes most of the fun out of the gaming experience.

The vial could still be made an expensive gem item so there'd even be a potantial new income source for the site. Either way, please staff, listen to the huge amount of users begging you to overthink this...
Okay, I have to take back my previous statement. Or rather, add something. While I still enjoy the eyes a lot, especially the creepier ones (multiple eyes, yay <3), I have to join the chorus of people asking to please not retire the vial. It would just male things 120% more frustrating and not fun at all. I can imagine that this must be horrible for breeders, and it could turn out to be quite nuiscance for gen1s collectors such as myself as well... It takes most of the fun out of the gaming experience.

The vial could still be made an expensive gem item so there'd even be a potantial new income source for the site. Either way, please staff, listen to the huge amount of users begging you to overthink this...
Congrats on the site's anniversary! Here's hoping to see the userbase grow more and bring in more activity!
I'm excited for new genes (even if they aren't really genes), but I agree with a few people I saw saying that this will mess up breeding projects, and there needs to be a way to revert to classic for people who... don't want that. I also saw someone post that the colors have changed slightly on existing dragons as part of this, and as someone who is to-the-shade specific about what apparel I give who based on that, that could get fairly upsetting...
Congrats on the site's anniversary! Here's hoping to see the userbase grow more and bring in more activity!
I'm excited for new genes (even if they aren't really genes), but I agree with a few people I saw saying that this will mess up breeding projects, and there needs to be a way to revert to classic for people who... don't want that. I also saw someone post that the colors have changed slightly on existing dragons as part of this, and as someone who is to-the-shade specific about what apparel I give who based on that, that could get fairly upsetting...
Happy Birthday Flight Rising.
Hope everyone enjoys the cebrations.

And thank you for the interesting new eye feature.
I love the chance to get different tinted eyecolors, and the other options are somewhat cute/funky as well (also I really hope there will be a feature to remove unwanted eye settings or at least set them back to common. Or would we need to use another eye change scroll for that? Because as far as I understand those are available only for a limited time...
Happy Birthday Flight Rising.
Hope everyone enjoys the cebrations.

And thank you for the interesting new eye feature.
I love the chance to get different tinted eyecolors, and the other options are somewhat cute/funky as well (also I really hope there will be a feature to remove unwanted eye settings or at least set them back to common. Or would we need to use another eye change scroll for that? Because as far as I understand those are available only for a limited time...
Idaz8GD.gif
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
~ Roald Dahl ~

sellerie's PWYW | sellerie's Sales
Personal Project Log
As much as I love the eyes there should definitely be added a scroll in treasure market to reverse any changes back to basic common eye colour :)
As much as I love the eyes there should definitely be added a scroll in treasure market to reverse any changes back to basic common eye colour :)
drgfly0.gif
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 304 305