Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 304 305
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER OMG THE EYES AND THE FAMILAR FINALLY EYES THANK YOU!!!
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER OMG THE EYES AND THE FAMILAR FINALLY EYES THANK YOU!!!
water.gif --- she/her
FR +9
working adult
@Akiri
Is Firage getting new eyes?
@Akiri
Is Firage getting new eyes?
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
First:
I love the different eyes! The different shades and primal eyes are really nice & cool.

Second:
Why did the Common eyes change? It they're the default eyes that everyone has gotten before now why did they change? Plague eyes are very noticeably different and comparing an older ref of my avatar dragon with a new ref from the scrying workshop Common Wind eyes seem to have become more yellowy. (Which in Athyriums case I actually really like because she has yellow wings and they kind of match better but still. Why?)

- - - - -
Third:
I have to agree with all the people suggesting something to change eyes to Common. After all there are Basic gene scrolls, Tincures of Dissolution and Scrolls of Maturity. All of these set your dragon back to their 'default' so to say. I don't see why eyes should be any different.

EDIT: There are also RENAMING SCROLLS.
Seriously. I don't care if there are never ever going to be vials for any of the Natural Eye Types I just want to be able to reverse this.

I genuinely like this update - I really do! - but it isn't prefect.

Even if you ignore how this is going to effect breeding projects and such adding a reverse eye vial or something just makes sense LOGICALLY.

If I breed a dragon and it gets Jupiter I can go and change that dragon to its default: Basic
If I train a dragon but allocate its points wrong I can change its stats back to its default.
If you make a dragon a Permababy you can still change it back by buying a Scroll of Maturity.

Basically everything that can happen to a dragon can be reversed. Even EXALTING (so long as you do it soon enough). Logically, it makes no sense for this to be the one thing that doesn't have a reverse.
- - - - -

Fourth:
I don't really have a big problem with the eyes being random. They're basically mutations which can be random and I get that lore wise it's because of magical weirdness going on. I'm also totally fine with them not being able to be passed down through breeding.

But again, I'd like to be able to switch to default if a hatchling does get new eyes. I have a breeding project requiring Nature eyes and while the Nature Primal eyes are cool they really wouldn't fit with the project.

Fifth:
That familiar is absolutely beautiful and I feel the need to find a dragon to match it despite having no lair space.

Sixth:
(WOw this is getting long haha.. oops?)

I am SO EXCITED about the World Map update and lair groups! Seriously. So excited. I can finally separate out my Nocturne enclave from my main clan and my travelers from everyone else and ahhhh! YES!
First:
I love the different eyes! The different shades and primal eyes are really nice & cool.

Second:
Why did the Common eyes change? It they're the default eyes that everyone has gotten before now why did they change? Plague eyes are very noticeably different and comparing an older ref of my avatar dragon with a new ref from the scrying workshop Common Wind eyes seem to have become more yellowy. (Which in Athyriums case I actually really like because she has yellow wings and they kind of match better but still. Why?)

- - - - -
Third:
I have to agree with all the people suggesting something to change eyes to Common. After all there are Basic gene scrolls, Tincures of Dissolution and Scrolls of Maturity. All of these set your dragon back to their 'default' so to say. I don't see why eyes should be any different.

EDIT: There are also RENAMING SCROLLS.
Seriously. I don't care if there are never ever going to be vials for any of the Natural Eye Types I just want to be able to reverse this.

I genuinely like this update - I really do! - but it isn't prefect.

Even if you ignore how this is going to effect breeding projects and such adding a reverse eye vial or something just makes sense LOGICALLY.

If I breed a dragon and it gets Jupiter I can go and change that dragon to its default: Basic
If I train a dragon but allocate its points wrong I can change its stats back to its default.
If you make a dragon a Permababy you can still change it back by buying a Scroll of Maturity.

Basically everything that can happen to a dragon can be reversed. Even EXALTING (so long as you do it soon enough). Logically, it makes no sense for this to be the one thing that doesn't have a reverse.
- - - - -

Fourth:
I don't really have a big problem with the eyes being random. They're basically mutations which can be random and I get that lore wise it's because of magical weirdness going on. I'm also totally fine with them not being able to be passed down through breeding.

But again, I'd like to be able to switch to default if a hatchling does get new eyes. I have a breeding project requiring Nature eyes and while the Nature Primal eyes are cool they really wouldn't fit with the project.

Fifth:
That familiar is absolutely beautiful and I feel the need to find a dragon to match it despite having no lair space.

Sixth:
(WOw this is getting long haha.. oops?)

I am SO EXCITED about the World Map update and lair groups! Seriously. So excited. I can finally separate out my Nocturne enclave from my main clan and my travelers from everyone else and ahhhh! YES!
NcSflKP.png
My bones are made of feathers, and my heart beats with the breeze.
D91RBvR.pnglHdQ8WC.gifOY3P2op.png
NQaOZu9.png
stW7qZC.png
IbGi8gf.png
While the eyes are super cool, I can see their randomness messing with a LOT of people's breeding plans in ways that cannot be controlled or negated.

Cool idea! But the execution was... not so cool.
While the eyes are super cool, I can see their randomness messing with a LOT of people's breeding plans in ways that cannot be controlled or negated.

Cool idea! But the execution was... not so cool.
-sips tea-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLIGHT RISING!

Here's to the awesome staff! I love this game I hope I will be playing it for many years to come.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLIGHT RISING!

Here's to the awesome staff! I love this game I hope I will be playing it for many years to come.
she/her b15qr82.gifuh5MgPj.giflBzKJkE.png+3 fr time
[quote name="@MommaNessy" date="2018-06-08 10:19:20" ] [quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-06-08 10:06:07" ] I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not [/quote] I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based. [/quote] I would argue that it would be more offensive for them to ignore the fact that a startlingly large number of players are asking/requesting/demanding that they not retire the eye-scroll, with or without long and detailed explanations of how that decision affects them. I would much rather a "We have listened to player feedback and we have changed our decision" than radio silence in the face of hundreds of pages of scattered upset.
@MommaNessy wrote on 2018-06-08 10:19:20:
Shougoney wrote on 2018-06-08 10:06:07:
I understand both sides, those who wanna have the item limited (I agree with those) and those who wanna have it as a permanent item

but thing is, the admins said it will retire, so it should retire- if they go back now and change their mind, it will also be unfair to those who already invested in the item or spent time getting it etc and even more important, it will bring back the 'unretire the sprites' discussion because then, it won't matter anymore whether the admins said something will stay retired or not

I don't care if they "promised" in the first post, it's been less than 24 hours and they can say "due to player feedback, after this event the scroll will be a rare coli drop / gem item" and I wouldn't hate it as much. Creating value for an item that's only useful if you dislike the eyes you've got it a cop-out for the bad decision of making this 100% rng based.

I would argue that it would be more offensive for them to ignore the fact that a startlingly large number of players are asking/requesting/demanding that they not retire the eye-scroll, with or without long and detailed explanations of how that decision affects them.

I would much rather a "We have listened to player feedback and we have changed our decision" than radio silence in the face of hundreds of pages of scattered upset.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Happy 5th Anniversary, FR!
AND FINALLY, LAIR GROUPS. THANK YOU.
Happy 5th Anniversary, FR!
AND FINALLY, LAIR GROUPS. THANK YOU.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 10:15:27" ] [quote name="MewMew34" date="2018-06-08 10:02:13" ] [quote name="Snek" date="2018-06-08 09:17:05" ] I'm a little stunned by everyone who is asking for the scatter vials to stick around permanently. Y'all know this is like the greatest thing to happen to newbies in forever, right? Because when these vials disappear, the only way to change up eyes will be to either spend gems to get ones that glow or to keep breeding. And there will be people who want to blow money getting the Perfect Eyes on their dragons, especially if the alternative is spending another eight months breeding. Or if they've got a G1 they just need to make exactly right. If people are patient for long enough, supplies for this will go down, down, down, prices will go up, up, up... and then you've got good money on your hands. Which doesn't really happen with the majority of familiars or skins anymore because, hey, you only ever need one of those. [/quote] I don't know that people being able to make big money later on is really a good enough reason to keep the scatter vials a short term item. Too many people are going to want to scatter their dragon's eyes. Some folks have already mentioned using a few dozen vials and still not getting the eyes they were hoping for. Anything we have after this event won't last long and few people beyond that will want to save up that much for such a slim chance at getting the eyes they want. I don't think greed should ever be the reason to make something limited time. [/quote] I do think this is one of the main problems with limited items in general. It always turns to "How much money can I make when I flip this later". It's never about, y'know, the enjoyment of the thing. Something should not be more valuable to you just because you can have it and other people can't. That kind of mindset is, in the end, toxic in many ways. The fact that some of these eye-types are actively triggering people with eye-related phobias and the fact that there's no way to control them via breeding means that the scroll should always be available. Imagine hatching your dream dragon and it has horrible pustles for eyes...and there's nothing you can do about it. Either you deal with that possibly squicking attribute, or you get rid of that dragon and try again -- possibly for years if you're breeding Coatl or Wildclaw with 35 day cooldowns. This is not a good thing. If the admins listen to the majority voice they will NOT retire the eye scrolls. [/quote] But the short time make the item more special. I know this is brutal, but there are super old light apparel in price od 30kg, so this would be nothing new. Maybe They will add more of these with no time control? It could be good if we can get the Vial maybe on next anniversary or something like that? If We trying to get something expensive is also more fun. I started to collect old apparel pieces because I was bored - and this keep me in the game. Maybe thats why I dont see anything bad in this. Also I dont think that making money on this game is bad - look at gem marketplace items. They have high prices too, and to get them We need to make more money on different things. I just hope They will make that removal scroll, so people what arent happy with their dragons can change them to normal (:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 10:15:27:
MewMew34 wrote on 2018-06-08 10:02:13:
Snek wrote on 2018-06-08 09:17:05:
I'm a little stunned by everyone who is asking for the scatter vials to stick around permanently. Y'all know this is like the greatest thing to happen to newbies in forever, right? Because when these vials disappear, the only way to change up eyes will be to either spend gems to get ones that glow or to keep breeding. And there will be people who want to blow money getting the Perfect Eyes on their dragons, especially if the alternative is spending another eight months breeding. Or if they've got a G1 they just need to make exactly right. If people are patient for long enough, supplies for this will go down, down, down, prices will go up, up, up... and then you've got good money on your hands. Which doesn't really happen with the majority of familiars or skins anymore because, hey, you only ever need one of those.

I don't know that people being able to make big money later on is really a good enough reason to keep the scatter vials a short term item. Too many people are going to want to scatter their dragon's eyes. Some folks have already mentioned using a few dozen vials and still not getting the eyes they were hoping for. Anything we have after this event won't last long and few people beyond that will want to save up that much for such a slim chance at getting the eyes they want. I don't think greed should ever be the reason to make something limited time.

I do think this is one of the main problems with limited items in general. It always turns to "How much money can I make when I flip this later". It's never about, y'know, the enjoyment of the thing.

Something should not be more valuable to you just because you can have it and other people can't. That kind of mindset is, in the end, toxic in many ways.

The fact that some of these eye-types are actively triggering people with eye-related phobias and the fact that there's no way to control them via breeding means that the scroll should always be available. Imagine hatching your dream dragon and it has horrible pustles for eyes...and there's nothing you can do about it. Either you deal with that possibly squicking attribute, or you get rid of that dragon and try again -- possibly for years if you're breeding Coatl or Wildclaw with 35 day cooldowns.

This is not a good thing. If the admins listen to the majority voice they will NOT retire the eye scrolls.

But the short time make the item more special. I know this is brutal, but there are super old light apparel in price od 30kg, so this would be nothing new. Maybe They will add more of these with no time control? It could be good if we can get the Vial maybe on next anniversary or something like that? If We trying to get something expensive is also more fun. I started to collect old apparel pieces because I was bored - and this keep me in the game. Maybe thats why I dont see anything bad in this.

Also I dont think that making money on this game is bad - look at gem marketplace items. They have high prices too, and to get them We need to make more money on different things. I just hope They will make that removal scroll, so people what arent happy with their dragons can change them to normal (:
xx1_by_jatrwarnettezilth-dcmqp4c.png
IT'S SO AMAZING!
IT'S SO AMAZING!
cc0bb6df-8e45-43b1-a569-fbf5268ecce8.gif
[quote name="Terhothyl" date="2018-06-08 10:11:03" ] That being said, everyone should remember that the original eye color is still statistically most likely, and the next two rarity levels are mild color variations. You're not going to get freaky eyes in every nest or even most nests, if it's anything like how breeding rarity works. [/quote] Except it isn't, because the original eye colour was changed, too. The statistical likelihood of original eyes is currently [i]zero[/i].
Terhothyl wrote on 2018-06-08 10:11:03:
That being said, everyone should remember that the original eye color is still statistically most likely, and the next two rarity levels are mild color variations. You're not going to get freaky eyes in every nest or even most nests, if it's anything like how breeding rarity works.

Except it isn't, because the original eye colour was changed, too.

The statistical likelihood of original eyes is currently zero.
jtgoRWq.png
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 304 305