Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sornieth Globe Headcanons
1 2 3
Whether or not the globe is sentient depends on who you ask. Some dragon claim it's not even alive, others swear it's even smarter than most dragons.

Pearlcatchers particularly devoted to exploration (or really anything the globe could be useful for) can replace their pearl with the globe. However, this isn't very common.
Whether or not the globe is sentient depends on who you ask. Some dragon claim it's not even alive, others swear it's even smarter than most dragons.

Pearlcatchers particularly devoted to exploration (or really anything the globe could be useful for) can replace their pearl with the globe. However, this isn't very common.
bogsneaks are the best breed
I'm thinking it's not sentient in the traditional way, but has kind of an AI type thing? I'm going to give it to a librarian or tactician or something similar when I get a suitable dragon, and it's going to like float along behind them and provide information. Like Alexa or Siri. And it can like grow and shrink at will. And maybe it keeps track of dragons from our clan, and will show them on its surface as little dots
I'm thinking it's not sentient in the traditional way, but has kind of an AI type thing? I'm going to give it to a librarian or tactician or something similar when I get a suitable dragon, and it's going to like float along behind them and provide information. Like Alexa or Siri. And it can like grow and shrink at will. And maybe it keeps track of dragons from our clan, and will show them on its surface as little dots
Y02PS6v.png
Well in my lore it's a tool that Deception uses to move his armies around the realm. He can also zoom in and use it as an all seeing device to see any dragon in the land. Using both of these he is able to manipulate and cause chains of events that act in his favor.
Well in my lore it's a tool that Deception uses to move his armies around the realm. He can also zoom in and use it as an all seeing device to see any dragon in the land. Using both of these he is able to manipulate and cause chains of events that act in his favor.
FMab3MX.gif
I liked the familiar anyway, but I look at it as like a novelty money box type thing, spin it a few times and goodies fall out the bottom. But also, consider this. People are disappointed in the fact it's an inanimate object, but what about this guy [item=golden idol]? This familiar is just a gold statue, not a living thing either if you go by the tool tip.
I liked the familiar anyway, but I look at it as like a novelty money box type thing, spin it a few times and goodies fall out the bottom.

But also, consider this. People are disappointed in the fact it's an inanimate object, but what about this guy Golden Idol ? This familiar is just a gold statue, not a living thing either if you go by the tool tip.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I was thinking it would be used for storytelling, to make images come to life and recreate the way the world came to be. So as someone is describing it, the globe would cast exactly what happened to give hatchlings a visual
I was thinking it would be used for storytelling, to make images come to life and recreate the way the world came to be. So as someone is describing it, the globe would cast exactly what happened to give hatchlings a visual
Quote:
"A mistake made more than once is a decision."
what if most dragons THINK its just a boring old sornieth globe with no sentient whatsoever but then it's actually just a dog in the form of a globe. like you can play fetch with it and everything. the tiny wyrmwound replica is its mouth, imagine it growling, and you can pet the clouds. This is the worst thought I have ever had
what if most dragons THINK its just a boring old sornieth globe with no sentient whatsoever but then it's actually just a dog in the form of a globe. like you can play fetch with it and everything. the tiny wyrmwound replica is its mouth, imagine it growling, and you can pet the clouds. This is the worst thought I have ever had
20130.png
The dragon who is paired with the globe as its 'familiar' has constructed a magical, ever changing and pinpoint-accurate miniature representation of sorienth as a way to test her magical abilities. She is a nature dragon who practices Arcane magic in her free time. As a way to prove to herself that she was indeed improving, she challenged herself to animate a once still, painted pottery Sorienth, and it worked! it's like 3D google earth and sometimes you see dragons on it in real time, usually doing embarrassing things. While it hasn't shown to be sentient (yet) She treats it like a pet puppy and calls it a good boy.. Planet. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/theoffice/images/0/03/Oh_dwight.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111213062005.png[/img]
The dragon who is paired with the globe as its 'familiar' has constructed a magical, ever changing and pinpoint-accurate miniature representation of sorienth as a way to test her magical abilities. She is a nature dragon who practices Arcane magic in her free time. As a way to prove to herself that she was indeed improving, she challenged herself to animate a once still, painted pottery Sorienth, and it worked!

it's like 3D google earth and sometimes you see dragons on it in real time, usually doing embarrassing things.

While it hasn't shown to be sentient (yet) She treats it like a pet puppy and calls it a good boy.. Planet.
latest?cb=20111213062005.png
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
1 2 3