Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MJam] Poetry Jam Contest - Done!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Drakenhart [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] Player ID Name Here [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Reshara [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 816087 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=816087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8161/816087_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Renewal [b]Entry: [/b] Warm breath, the world sighs Trees whisper back to the sky Spring renewal comes.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

FR Player Name: Drakenhart
FR Player ID#: Player ID Name Here
Poet Dragon's Name: Reshara
Poet Dragon ID#: 816087

Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:

816087_350.png

Entry Category: Haiku
Entry Title: Renewal

Entry:
Warm breath, the world sighs
Trees whisper back to the sky
Spring renewal comes.
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Amariel [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 86020 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Dyrim [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 9054785 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9054785] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90548/9054785_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] A Cup of Tea [b]Entry: [/b] Small leaves unfurling Inhale a comforting scent Hands cradle this warmth

FR Player Name: Amariel
FR Player ID#: 86020
Poet Dragon's Name: Dyrim
Poet Dragon ID#: 9054785

9054785_350.png

Entry Title: A Cup of Tea

Entry:

Small leaves unfurling
Inhale a comforting scent
Hands cradle this warmth
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Solaira [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 367873 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Elsie [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] #39929292 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39929292] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/399293/39929292_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Land-Bound Lament [b]Entry: [/b] Toes brushing the stars I dream of faraway skies Awakened, I fall
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

FR Player Name: Solaira
FR Player ID#: 367873
Poet Dragon's Name: Elsie
Poet Dragon ID#: #39929292

39929292_350.png

Entry Title: Land-Bound Lament
Entry:
Toes brushing the stars
I dream of faraway skies
Awakened, I fall
dT9HQge.png 5vnsOgE.png
Y7MOfeL.png LGvol4P.png
RDt6LqI.png cdqdRxL.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Cheshly [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 322302 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Breeze [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 35050374 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35050374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350504/35050374_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Joyous Dragons [b]Entry: [/b] Dragons soar upwards Reaching for the bright blue sky Singing songs of joy

FR Player Name: Cheshly
FR Player ID#: 322302
Poet Dragon's Name: Breeze
Poet Dragon ID#: 35050374

35050374_350.png

Entry Title: Joyous Dragons

Entry:
Dragons soar upwards
Reaching for the bright blue sky
Singing songs of joy

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Cheshly [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 322302 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Breeze [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 35050374 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35050374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350504/35050374_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Song Parody [b]Entry Title:[/b] Never Gonna Stop Flying [b]Entry: [/b] Never Gonna Stop Flying Original: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up We're no strangers to heights You know the sky and so do I The whole flight's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other kind I just wanna tell you what I'm feeling Gotta make you understand Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna be quiet Never gonna stop singing Never gonna forget why I love wind We've known this feeling for so long Our heart's been aching to be back here to see it Inside we both know it's where we belong We know the game and we're gonna play it And if you ask me how I'm feeling Don't tell me you're too blind to see Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna stop singing Never gonna be quiet Never gonna forget why I love wind Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna stop singing Never gonna be quiet Never gonna forget why I love wind Never gonna stop, never gonna stop (Stop flying) (Ooh) Never gonna stop, never gonna stop (Stop flying) We've known this feeling for so long Our heart's been aching to be back here to see it Inside we both know it's where we belong We know the game and we're gonna play it I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna stop singing Never gonna be quiet Never gonna forget why I love wind Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna stop singing Never gonna be quiet Never gonna forget why I love wind Never gonna stop flying Never gonna touch the ground Never gonna give it up and be grounded Never gonna stop singing

FR Player Name: Cheshly
FR Player ID#: 322302
Poet Dragon's Name: Breeze
Poet Dragon ID#: 35050374

35050374_350.png

Entry Category: Song Parody
Entry Title: Never Gonna Stop Flying

Entry:
Never Gonna Stop Flying
Original: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

We're no strangers to heights
You know the sky and so do I
The whole flight's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other kind
I just wanna tell you what I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna touch the ground
Never gonna give it up and be grounded
Never gonna be quiet
Never gonna stop singing
Never gonna forget why I love wind

We've known this feeling for so long
Our heart's been aching to be back here to see it
Inside we both know it's where we belong
We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna stop singing
Never gonna be quiet
Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna stop singing
Never gonna be quiet

Never gonna stop, never gonna stop
(Stop flying)
(Ooh) Never gonna stop, never gonna stop
(Stop flying)

We've known this feeling for so long
Our heart's been aching to be back here to see it
Inside we both know it's where we belong
We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna stop singing
Never gonna be quiet
Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna stop singing
Never gonna be quiet
Never gonna stop flying
Never gonna stop singing

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] tigressRising [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 169234 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Bonfire [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 16086228 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16086228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160863/16086228_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Jam for the Jamboree [b]Entry: [/b] Jam at festivals Unexpected but tasty Sweet treat for parties

FR Player Name: tigressRising
FR Player ID#: 169234
Poet Dragon's Name: Bonfire
Poet Dragon ID#: 16086228

16086228_350.png

Entry Title: Jam for the Jamboree

Entry:
Jam at festivals
Unexpected but tasty
Sweet treat for parties
Na5WGHa.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Syceris [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 309916 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b] Cookie [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b] 37872758 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37872758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/378728/37872758_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b]Free Style [b]Entry Title:[/b] While I was Dreaming [b]Entry: [/b] WHILE I WAS DREAMING ------------- While I was dreaming a wondrous dream Of roast beef and pork in clouds of steam A foul smell intruded upon my snout A gagging stench without a doubt The dream ruined I woke with a sigh With stinging eyes and nose held high The odor rose up from my person I smelled ripe and was beginning to worsen With much creaking and snapping of bone I stretched and rose with a sigh and a groan I looked around at all the clutter My den looked worse than a skid row gutter I scratched a patch behind my ear And cleaned my claws of leftover deer I stretched and unkinked all of my tail And checked all over for flaky scale Slowly emerging with much blinking of eye How good it felt to leave that sty I looked down as far as I could see And saw the ocean a bath just for me I grinned and shivered with delight I spread my wings and jumped into flight Spiraling higher and higher I rose I folded my wings and then I dove I shouted and laughed so merrily I had forgotten what fun a bath could be Splashing water in a great gout Flinging sand and mud all about I floated relaxed in the salty sea And then I heard someone laughing at me I turned to the shore looking about Searching in vain to find the lout Straining my eyes to see who would dare "Whats that noise? Is someone there? I am bathing as anyone can see Why won't you go away and let me be?" In reply I heard a snicker I turned to the sound but they were quicker Little children--boys and girls-- Weaving and moving in little whirls From under rock and bush they came And sang a song that gave me fame My bad reputation so proudly kept Was ruined, broken, I could have wept I roared and growled to scare them away I stoked my fire to keep them at bay And opened my jaws to crisp them well done And emerged a touch of smoke, not a flicker, none Sea water had quenched my coals dark No brimstone, no fire, not even a spark Just a soggy hiccup escaped All I could do was sit there and gape Quickly I waded out of the water Working hard to make my breath hotter The children all laughed as I rose even higher Desperately trying to produce some fire Singing and laughing, giggling with glee The children all scattered, turning to flee Down the path running away Home to where their village lay But to my dismay the breeze still carried That awfull sound I wish I could bury To tease and torment me the rest of my days I keep hoping and praying it's just a phase "Puff the magic dragon lives by the sea and frolicks in the autum mist in a land called Honalee..........."

FR Player Name: Syceris
FR Player ID#: 309916
Poet Dragon's Name: Cookie
Poet Dragon ID#: 37872758

37872758_350.png

Entry Category:Free Style
Entry Title: While I was Dreaming

Entry:
WHILE I WAS DREAMING
While I was dreaming a wondrous dream
Of roast beef and pork in clouds of steam
A foul smell intruded upon my snout
A gagging stench without a doubt

The dream ruined I woke with a sigh
With stinging eyes and nose held high
The odor rose up from my person
I smelled ripe and was beginning to worsen

With much creaking and snapping of bone
I stretched and rose with a sigh and a groan
I looked around at all the clutter
My den looked worse than a skid row gutter

I scratched a patch behind my ear
And cleaned my claws of leftover deer
I stretched and unkinked all of my tail
And checked all over for flaky scale

Slowly emerging with much blinking of eye
How good it felt to leave that sty
I looked down as far as I could see
And saw the ocean a bath just for me

I grinned and shivered with delight
I spread my wings and jumped into flight
Spiraling higher and higher I rose
I folded my wings and then I dove

I shouted and laughed so merrily
I had forgotten what fun a bath could be
Splashing water in a great gout
Flinging sand and mud all about

I floated relaxed in the salty sea
And then I heard someone laughing at me
I turned to the shore looking about
Searching in vain to find the lout

Straining my eyes to see who would dare
"Whats that noise? Is someone there?
I am bathing as anyone can see
Why won't you go away and let me be?"

In reply I heard a snicker
I turned to the sound but they were quicker
Little children--boys and girls--
Weaving and moving in little whirls

From under rock and bush they came
And sang a song that gave me fame
My bad reputation so proudly kept
Was ruined, broken, I could have wept

I roared and growled to scare them away
I stoked my fire to keep them at bay
And opened my jaws to crisp them well done
And emerged a touch of smoke, not a flicker, none

Sea water had quenched my coals dark
No brimstone, no fire, not even a spark
Just a soggy hiccup escaped
All I could do was sit there and gape

Quickly I waded out of the water
Working hard to make my breath hotter
The children all laughed as I rose even higher
Desperately trying to produce some fire

Singing and laughing, giggling with glee
The children all scattered, turning to flee
Down the path running away
Home to where their village lay

But to my dismay the breeze still carried
That awfull sound I wish I could bury
To tease and torment me the rest of my days
I keep hoping and praying it's just a phase

"Puff the magic dragon
lives by the sea
and frolicks in the autum mist
in a land called Honalee..........."
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
Pinging all judges for an important question!
@Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

(i read through the rules multiple times and could not find an answer to this, aha)

So I have been looking through my old sketchbooks lately, to archive my older art as digital files, and I came across a poem I wrote in oct of 2010! Rereading it, it still holds up well, and I'd like to type it up.

My question then is, Do the poems entered have to be written this week for MistJam, or can they be older works that fit one of the themes (and do not break any rules)?

If we are allowed to enter older poems, how old can the poem be? Must it have been written this year, or is any poem eligible as long as the person entering is the author?
Pinging all judges for an important question!
@Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07

(i read through the rules multiple times and could not find an answer to this, aha)

So I have been looking through my old sketchbooks lately, to archive my older art as digital files, and I came across a poem I wrote in oct of 2010! Rereading it, it still holds up well, and I'd like to type it up.

My question then is, Do the poems entered have to be written this week for MistJam, or can they be older works that fit one of the themes (and do not break any rules)?

If we are allowed to enter older poems, how old can the poem be? Must it have been written this year, or is any poem eligible as long as the person entering is the author?
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
~ he/they ~
~ FR time + 0 ~
~ introvert ~
~ artist ~
~
tumblr_inline_njw5itnLdZ1qg2i5p.gif
9TTYsPU.pngtumblr_osymzb0x6C1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
@SpiritKin

You are completely okay to submit older poems! The age of it doesn't matter at all. We just ask that you are the writer of them!
@SpiritKin

You are completely okay to submit older poems! The age of it doesn't matter at all. We just ask that you are the writer of them!
mjam2018s_by_thestorykeeper-dc5oykm.pngmjam2018p_by_thestorykeeper-dc5oyjz.pngROyFQqy.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @Paintminion @Levanaael @Vortexes07 [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Dandydots [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 24446 [b]Poet Dragon's Name:[/b]Jello [b]Poet Dragon ID#:[/b]11072624 [b]Paste Poet Dragon Image Code Here: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11072624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/110727/11072624_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Free Verse [b]Entry Title:[/b] Hello Sun [b]Entry: [/b] Sun Sun in the sky Don't be shady, don't be shy Come on out and chase the gloom So all of Sorneith may nicely bloom.

FR Player Name: Dandydots
FR Player ID#: 24446
Poet Dragon's Name:Jello
Poet Dragon ID#:11072624

11072624_350.png

Entry Category: Free Verse
Entry Title: Hello Sun

Entry:
Sun Sun in the sky
Don't be shady, don't be shy