Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Importance of eye colour
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
fairly important! it's one of the things you absolutely cannot change about a dragon, so people have plenty of reason to be picky. for oldie Imps, mostly i'll take what i can get, but otherwise i steer clear of Arcane. that particular shade of pink just doesn't tend to go with the rest of the dragon's colors, and/or the apparel i want to give them, and/or their skin/accent, and then it tends to be the only pink thing in an otherwise matching combination... and then i can't help noticing it more because i don't like it and it doesn't work. |D Nature, Water, and Earth are second-to-least favorites, not because i actually dislike them, but because they seem to be weird shades sometimes? Earth is more neutral and dark, but i tend to be more fond of the lighter and more, well, colorful colors, like Lightning, Light, Wind, Fire. Nature and Water can be really saturated, so sometimes they're oddly bright compared to the rest of a dragon's colors and don't quite fit as well. odds are i'll still buy the oldie/G1/what have you if i like the rest of it, but those three are more on my "hmm i'll think about this" list rather than "OMG INSTABUY."

i could cover the eyes in such cases, but even then, i still notice the flight icon on their page and just sorta go "...okay but you could be better." so it still nags at me a bit.

so yeah, eyes can be a huge part of that #Aesthetic. 's why so many people love Ice and Light, it's because they match more with more colors.
fairly important! it's one of the things you absolutely cannot change about a dragon, so people have plenty of reason to be picky. for oldie Imps, mostly i'll take what i can get, but otherwise i steer clear of Arcane. that particular shade of pink just doesn't tend to go with the rest of the dragon's colors, and/or the apparel i want to give them, and/or their skin/accent, and then it tends to be the only pink thing in an otherwise matching combination... and then i can't help noticing it more because i don't like it and it doesn't work. |D Nature, Water, and Earth are second-to-least favorites, not because i actually dislike them, but because they seem to be weird shades sometimes? Earth is more neutral and dark, but i tend to be more fond of the lighter and more, well, colorful colors, like Lightning, Light, Wind, Fire. Nature and Water can be really saturated, so sometimes they're oddly bright compared to the rest of a dragon's colors and don't quite fit as well. odds are i'll still buy the oldie/G1/what have you if i like the rest of it, but those three are more on my "hmm i'll think about this" list rather than "OMG INSTABUY."

i could cover the eyes in such cases, but even then, i still notice the flight icon on their page and just sorta go "...okay but you could be better." so it still nags at me a bit.

so yeah, eyes can be a huge part of that #Aesthetic. 's why so many people love Ice and Light, it's because they match more with more colors.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
It really just depends on the dragon you have and what you're going for. Most of the time, they don't even matter since most dragons' eyes are small. Yet they do pop out interestingly, so really just play around to see what you get! I find eyes one of the most beautiful pieces on a dragon, but they don't matter too much!
It really just depends on the dragon you have and what you're going for. Most of the time, they don't even matter since most dragons' eyes are small. Yet they do pop out interestingly, so really just play around to see what you get! I find eyes one of the most beautiful pieces on a dragon, but they don't matter too much!
IMG_7102_50.jpg
Science and Music are the magicks of men, but when combined, Vocaloid truly takes flight.
sometimes, sometimes not. on a big-eyed breed (spirals) and it clashes with the dragon's colours i dont get it, or i have to cover it up somehow. cecil is an example of this!

i usually only care if im looking for coli-dragons; then it's the elemental invulnerability to a certain zone rather than about how it goes with the colours... :>
sometimes, sometimes not. on a big-eyed breed (spirals) and it clashes with the dragon's colours i dont get it, or i have to cover it up somehow. cecil is an example of this!

i usually only care if im looking for coli-dragons; then it's the elemental invulnerability to a certain zone rather than about how it goes with the colours... :>
For me, it isn't the actual color that matters, but the element it represents.

For example, if a really tropical-looking dragon is of the ice element, it isn't a match in my eyes, despite the fact that ice dragons have white eyes and white should technically go well with all colors

If that makes sense
For me, it isn't the actual color that matters, but the element it represents.

For example, if a really tropical-looking dragon is of the ice element, it isn't a match in my eyes, despite the fact that ice dragons have white eyes and white should technically go well with all colors

If that makes sense
Light eyes generally fit most dragons, so I don't really worry about eye color with dragons that I breed. However, I can see how something like arcane eyes could ruin a dragon for me... I am usually ok with eyes not matching my dragons completely. For example, I have a triple orca skydancer with plague eyes. She might look better with ice or light eyes, but plague works fine on her too. I suppose it is important to me that my dragons have eyes that look good on them, but necessarily matching, if that makes sense?
Light eyes generally fit most dragons, so I don't really worry about eye color with dragons that I breed. However, I can see how something like arcane eyes could ruin a dragon for me... I am usually ok with eyes not matching my dragons completely. For example, I have a triple orca skydancer with plague eyes. She might look better with ice or light eyes, but plague works fine on her too. I suppose it is important to me that my dragons have eyes that look good on them, but necessarily matching, if that makes sense?
For me, eyes don't matter if they're bad, but if they're really awesome and fitting and perfect, they make me want the derg more. Example: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40020509] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400206/40020509_350.png[/img] [/url] When Arkoniel was a hatchie, I fell in love with how his eyes matched his tert, and that's part of why I bought him in particular when my goal was a bee-wasp baby.
For me, eyes don't matter if they're bad, but if they're really awesome and fitting and perfect, they make me want the derg more.

Example:

40020509_350.png

When Arkoniel was a hatchie, I fell in love with how his eyes matched his tert, and that's part of why I bought him in particular when my goal was a bee-wasp baby.
tumblr_inline_pa2yqg5zHz1rvb92q_540.png
eye colour is one of the main reasons i've considered changing flights (currently arcane) but more often than not, i'm looking to buy dragons with smaller eyes anyway? and even then, i go for warm colours, sometimes pinks, that go well with arcane eyes. my icon imp has green eyes on a red body, but it's not too distracting and actually part of why i bought him.
eye colour is one of the main reasons i've considered changing flights (currently arcane) but more often than not, i'm looking to buy dragons with smaller eyes anyway? and even then, i go for warm colours, sometimes pinks, that go well with arcane eyes. my icon imp has green eyes on a red body, but it's not too distracting and actually part of why i bought him.
I think the only time the eye color has any importance to me based strictly on aesthetic appeal is for male spirals since their eyes are so prominent
I think the only time the eye color has any importance to me based strictly on aesthetic appeal is for male spirals since their eyes are so prominent
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I don’t really care if the eyes match the rest of the dragon, but I do prefer to have a verity of elements in my lair. I would rather buy an element I have few of than an element I have lots of.
I don’t really care if the eyes match the rest of the dragon, but I do prefer to have a verity of elements in my lair. I would rather buy an element I have few of than an element I have lots of.
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
It's very important to me- more often than not the dragon's eyes are a make-or-break kind of deal to me, and i usually end up saying "if this dragon had X eyes I'd buy it." My most recent example of this is this lovely skydancer, who I wouldn't have bought if she was any other element. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40034595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400346/40034595_350.png[/img] [/url] I even have a few whose eyes are covered by apparel... but i still wouldn't have bought them if they were the wrong element. Just knowing they have the wrong eye color would irk me.
It's very important to me- more often than not the dragon's eyes are a make-or-break kind of deal to me, and i usually end up saying "if this dragon had X eyes I'd buy it."
My most recent example of this is this lovely skydancer, who I wouldn't have bought if she was any other element.

40034595_350.png

I even have a few whose eyes are covered by apparel... but i still wouldn't have bought them if they were the wrong element. Just knowing they have the wrong eye color would irk me.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10