Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 91 92
@Vhyxalas, I am sorry, we don't have any plans to adjust gem marketplace prices.

Something I did when I was just a player was trade dragons. I didn't want to spend money on gems to get everything I wanted so I made some friends and we all worked together to get dragons, trade Hatchlings to achieve our goals. There are many gem-breed dragons out there with gem-genes and not all of them are very expensive. It is possible to breed your way to your ideal dragon without having to spend any money on gems.

To earn treasure, I've made quite a bit of money just by selling Familiars, selling items from Gathering/Swipp, bonding with Familiars and the reward chests, Crim, Exalting dragons I've bred. It's not instant money but it does build up over time and faster than you might think. I was very surprised to see just how much treasure I earned over a few days doing everything I listed.

Regarding generating treasure: We are looking at some adjustments in the Fairgrounds to address the player feedback on the rewards in this area.

Editing to add: Chests and Exalting reward not just treasure but gems too. Not all the time with Exalting but it does happen. Keep your well-fed bonus to earn a free gem every day, too.
@Vhyxalas, I am sorry, we don't have any plans to adjust gem marketplace prices.

Something I did when I was just a player was trade dragons. I didn't want to spend money on gems to get everything I wanted so I made some friends and we all worked together to get dragons, trade Hatchlings to achieve our goals. There are many gem-breed dragons out there with gem-genes and not all of them are very expensive. It is possible to breed your way to your ideal dragon without having to spend any money on gems.

To earn treasure, I've made quite a bit of money just by selling Familiars, selling items from Gathering/Swipp, bonding with Familiars and the reward chests, Crim, Exalting dragons I've bred. It's not instant money but it does build up over time and faster than you might think. I was very surprised to see just how much treasure I earned over a few days doing everything I listed.

Regarding generating treasure: We are looking at some adjustments in the Fairgrounds to address the player feedback on the rewards in this area.

Editing to add: Chests and Exalting reward not just treasure but gems too. Not all the time with Exalting but it does happen. Keep your well-fed bonus to earn a free gem every day, too.
@Aequorin Will there be any chance of adding different art for the jigsaw puzzles? I have migraines so runestones/shock switch is a little difficult to play, but the puzzles are great. I just was wondering if there will be added art, say coatl's or familiars.
@Aequorin Will there be any chance of adding different art for the jigsaw puzzles? I have migraines so runestones/shock switch is a little difficult to play, but the puzzles are great. I just was wondering if there will be added art, say coatl's or familiars.
tumblr_inline_mwjmqyjk1X1qbzf9f.png
@Valithria, yes we will be adding more artwork for the puzzles, the Familiars and new breeds. :)
@Valithria, yes we will be adding more artwork for the puzzles, the Familiars and new breeds. :)
@Vhyxalas it is quite possible to buy gem genes, apparel and familiars without ever spending real life money. I have bought dozens of gem scrolls, several scatter scrolls and several boons with gems. I've only ever bought gems off another player once because I was too impatient to wait a couple of days to gather the last fifty gems. Generally I get my gems through the well fed bonus, chests and selling items on the AH for gems (for examples treasure scrolls for gems, dragons for gems, familiars for gems). I generally sell items on the AH for gems while my treasure comes from chests, exalting, Crim, and the like.
@Vhyxalas it is quite possible to buy gem genes, apparel and familiars without ever spending real life money. I have bought dozens of gem scrolls, several scatter scrolls and several boons with gems. I've only ever bought gems off another player once because I was too impatient to wait a couple of days to gather the last fifty gems. Generally I get my gems through the well fed bonus, chests and selling items on the AH for gems (for examples treasure scrolls for gems, dragons for gems, familiars for gems). I generally sell items on the AH for gems while my treasure comes from chests, exalting, Crim, and the like.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Aequorin So what's supposed to be the main source of income for us players? Every time we complain about fairgrounds output or the depreciating of dragons/items, I notice us getting met by the admins crowing "Oh, that's not supposed to be the main source of income anyway!" So what is? Something has to be, or else how can we be expected to afford things? The MP scrolls are especially hard for a lot of people to afford, because their prices are fixed at a high price while the methods to gaining treasure are becoming less and less effective.
@Aequorin So what's supposed to be the main source of income for us players? Every time we complain about fairgrounds output or the depreciating of dragons/items, I notice us getting met by the admins crowing "Oh, that's not supposed to be the main source of income anyway!" So what is? Something has to be, or else how can we be expected to afford things? The MP scrolls are especially hard for a lot of people to afford, because their prices are fixed at a high price while the methods to gaining treasure are becoming less and less effective.
[quote name="Snapdragon" date="2014-01-31 10:18:53"]I talked about it on my Tumblr a bit, but I figured it was worth an ask, in light of the impromptu interest survey in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1031849]the other thread[/url]. I admit, I am kinda curious as to what the staff expects the average player experience to be. I’m wondering if the staff expectations and the things the survey are turning up match or not! [LIST] [*] Do you guys expect players to use the fairgrounds? To max their lucky streak daily? [*] The high cost of lair expansions/scrolls/most apparel being in the 10-20K range makes me think this is expected to be the sort of game where you can turn over treasure fairly rapidly. Is that what was planned? Or is it meant to be the kind of game where a purchase like a gene should be a prize you spend a month working toward, etc.? [*] What did you guys intend the general average player’s main sources of income to be? I know dragon breeding was never meant to be especially profitable, but what was meant to be? [*] How much time per day do you expect most players should/would spend on FR? Are the multiple hours/day for coli grinding/maxing lucky streak what you intended? [*] What kind of rough general range would you expect to be the average amount of treasure for a player to have? At what point is a player considered to have low treasure and at what point is someone the FR Uncle Moneybags? [/LIST][/quote] @Draven, I asked that two weeks ago (in a pretty hefty long-winded question), so I'd love to know about that too! I'm assuming the admins have been busy with all the site hiccups popping up. (Darn those baby Snappers and their appetites!)
Snapdragon wrote on 2014-01-31 10:18:53:
I talked about it on my Tumblr a bit, but I figured it was worth an ask, in light of the impromptu interest survey in the other thread.

I admit, I am kinda curious as to what the staff expects the average player experience to be. I’m wondering if the staff expectations and the things the survey are turning up match or not!
  • Do you guys expect players to use the fairgrounds? To max their lucky streak daily?
  • The high cost of lair expansions/scrolls/most apparel being in the 10-20K range makes me think this is expected to be the sort of game where you can turn over treasure fairly rapidly. Is that what was planned? Or is it meant to be the kind of game where a purchase like a gene should be a prize you spend a month working toward, etc.?
  • What did you guys intend the general average player’s main sources of income to be? I know dragon breeding was never meant to be especially profitable, but what was meant to be?
  • How much time per day do you expect most players should/would spend on FR? Are the multiple hours/day for coli grinding/maxing lucky streak what you intended?
  • What kind of rough general range would you expect to be the average amount of treasure for a player to have? At what point is a player considered to have low treasure and at what point is someone the FR Uncle Moneybags?

@Draven, I asked that two weeks ago (in a pretty hefty long-winded question), so I'd love to know about that too! I'm assuming the admins have been busy with all the site hiccups popping up. (Darn those baby Snappers and their appetites!)
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
@Snapdragon, I answered your questions on page 29.

@Draven, look at our answers to Snapdragon's questions, that may help.
@Snapdragon, I answered your questions on page 29.

@Draven, look at our answers to Snapdragon's questions, that may help.
@Aequorin That doesn't really answer my question at all.
@Aequorin That doesn't really answer my question at all.
@Aequorin Ack! Sorry, the ping for that didn't seem to show up in my alerts. I should have read the thread more carefully! Thanks for answering my question! It is neat to know those sort of stats on the average players.

I do sort of agree with @Draven that it doesn't address what the expected income sources are supposed to be. You're very right that everyone is going to play differently, according to what they like doing, but it is still something I'm curious about. c:

Dragon selling wasn't meant to be a cash cow, and it seems like the Fairgrounds aren't used by much of the playerbase because of the time vs. payout commitment. Is the coli expected to be the big moneymaker, through grinding/selling level 25 dragons/leveling services/leveling and exalting dragons? Is there no real income source that most players would be expected to use outside of gathering and bonding with familiars?
@Aequorin Ack! Sorry, the ping for that didn't seem to show up in my alerts. I should have read the thread more carefully! Thanks for answering my question! It is neat to know those sort of stats on the average players.

I do sort of agree with @Draven that it doesn't address what the expected income sources are supposed to be. You're very right that everyone is going to play differently, according to what they like doing, but it is still something I'm curious about. c:

Dragon selling wasn't meant to be a cash cow, and it seems like the Fairgrounds aren't used by much of the playerbase because of the time vs. payout commitment. Is the coli expected to be the big moneymaker, through grinding/selling level 25 dragons/leveling services/leveling and exalting dragons? Is there no real income source that most players would be expected to use outside of gathering and bonding with familiars?
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
@Snapdragon, @Draven, there is no one intended main source of income for a player. Anything that rewards treasure is a potential source of income for players. How you make your treasure or gems on Flight Rising is what you choose to do, how you choose to do.

We are open to adjusting or tweaking mechanics over time and have had some discussions of late to that effect.
@Snapdragon, @Draven, there is no one intended main source of income for a player. Anything that rewards treasure is a potential source of income for players. How you make your treasure or gems on Flight Rising is what you choose to do, how you choose to do.

We are open to adjusting or tweaking mechanics over time and have had some discussions of late to that effect.
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 91 92