Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91
[quote name="@Autopsy" date=2017-11-22 23:48:06] I was against a change until I kept reading and saw it would be a BONUS chance, and now I’m cool with them leaving. Didn’t want them to take up a spot in my precious Joxar pulls This is just making me 100% more hyped for NOTN, can’t wait to see what takes their place!! [/quote] Probably nothing because many players aren't reading the bonus chance and they never reset the poll when they decided to put them in as a bonus (instead of just moving them to Joxar) so the poll is inacurate and many players have probably voted to keep them in NotN to avoid 'ruining' Joxar
@Autopsy wrote on 2017-11-22:
I was against a change until I kept reading and saw it would be a BONUS chance, and now I’m cool with them leaving. Didn’t want them to take up a spot in my precious Joxar pulls

This is just making me 100% more hyped for NOTN, can’t wait to see what takes their place!!

Probably nothing because many players aren't reading the bonus chance and they never reset the poll when they decided to put them in as a bonus (instead of just moving them to Joxar) so the poll is inacurate and many players have probably voted to keep them in NotN to avoid 'ruining' Joxar
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
But isn't there a ton of other completely worthless familiars in the chests of NotN? It's just personal taste but I like all of the bears better than the other familiars so I wouldn't mind seeing them instead of Smoldering Sconces or such familiars (but as I said that's just personal taste. But then again so is "I'm sick and tired of seeing those darn bears!"). As for value: I made my peace with never owning anything of value as barely anything retires anymore and I joined to late to have any of the old stuff. I'd rather see the bears worthless and the admins keeping their promise of not retiring anything they said they wouldn't retire and have some new items retire that we are explicitly told will retire beforehand.

I voted for moving them to Joxar but I think if they were to be kept in NotN and the probability of receiving a bear and other older familiars was to be drastically dropped I'd be completely fine with it. As many said before, we'd get plenty of new stuff and the old familiars would still be available. Or just move them to Joxar. I buy the chests for the tokens and rarely receive any extra items. And the extra items aren't worth a lot most of the time anyway, so I'd still appreciate the bear. After all, it's an extra and I don't think it would be very nice to complain about something you got on top.
But isn't there a ton of other completely worthless familiars in the chests of NotN? It's just personal taste but I like all of the bears better than the other familiars so I wouldn't mind seeing them instead of Smoldering Sconces or such familiars (but as I said that's just personal taste. But then again so is "I'm sick and tired of seeing those darn bears!"). As for value: I made my peace with never owning anything of value as barely anything retires anymore and I joined to late to have any of the old stuff. I'd rather see the bears worthless and the admins keeping their promise of not retiring anything they said they wouldn't retire and have some new items retire that we are explicitly told will retire beforehand.

I voted for moving them to Joxar but I think if they were to be kept in NotN and the probability of receiving a bear and other older familiars was to be drastically dropped I'd be completely fine with it. As many said before, we'd get plenty of new stuff and the old familiars would still be available. Or just move them to Joxar. I buy the chests for the tokens and rarely receive any extra items. And the extra items aren't worth a lot most of the time anyway, so I'd still appreciate the bear. After all, it's an extra and I don't think it would be very nice to complain about something you got on top.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
Poor Joxar, he looks so confused!

BAMBOOZLE
Poor Joxar, he looks so confused!

BAMBOOZLE
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
Move them to Joxar's, I think. Also, what is the elemental Ice bear called?
wIa7Sm8.png3ypBj6a.jpgcE39hI3.png
[quote name="Shadowhunter43" date=2017-11-23 05:45:03] Move them to Joxar's, I think. Also, what is the elemental Ice bear called? [/quote] Ice bear is Polarfreeze Defender
Shadowhunter43 wrote on 2017-11-23:

Ice bear is Polarfreeze Defender
I thought of something better, if enough people would support it to get a re-vote somehow...

Why not make the bears additional drops from Strange Chests instead of occupying the regular drop slot? Like the Joxar skins, but instead of diluting the Joxar box pool with bears *instead* of a cool old skin (ugh, who wants that?), make that system work for Strange Chests. So you get your regular item, and a bonus chance of a bear that doesn't interfere with your chances of getting new things. Basically, the best parts of each option. That way we're not paying 80k treasure for a chance to let bears dilute the skin drop pool, and we're not having them dilute the strange chest pool either.

That, and make them all meltable. So the spares are still useful.
I thought of something better, if enough people would support it to get a re-vote somehow...

Why not make the bears additional drops from Strange Chests instead of occupying the regular drop slot? Like the Joxar skins, but instead of diluting the Joxar box pool with bears *instead* of a cool old skin (ugh, who wants that?), make that system work for Strange Chests. So you get your regular item, and a bonus chance of a bear that doesn't interfere with your chances of getting new things. Basically, the best parts of each option. That way we're not paying 80k treasure for a chance to let bears dilute the skin drop pool, and we're not having them dilute the strange chest pool either.

spaceflight_rising250x100.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png
[quote name="FelisImpurrator" date=2017-11-23 07:22:53] I thought of something better, if enough people would support it to get a re-vote somehow... Why not make the bears additional drops from Strange Chests instead of occupying the regular drop slot? Like the Joxar skins, but instead of diluting the Joxar box pool with bears *instead* of a cool old skin (ugh, who wants that?), make that system work for Strange Chests. So you get your regular item, and a bonus chance of a bear that doesn't interfere with your chances of getting new things. Basically, the best parts of each option. That way we're not paying 80k treasure for a chance to let bears dilute the skin drop pool, and we're not having them dilute the strange chest pool either. That, and make them all meltable. So the spares are still useful. [/quote] They already are meltable. My biggest issue is that the bears should have went into Joxar's chest when it was first announced. They are elemental festival familiars and even their recolors fit as the Admins are recoloring old festival items so even those fit. I have said this before, but I personally feel that instead of diluting ANY pool, stick the bears and their recolors in the spare inventory for a token, or perhaps even their respective festival currency for the regular bears (IE the Nature bear would take nature currency to buy) and the recolors for a token. That way people who want them can still get them, but people who don't want them won't have them cluttering up the pools of available items in chests.
FelisImpurrator wrote on 2017-11-23:

They already are meltable. My biggest issue is that the bears should have went into Joxar's chest when it was first announced. They are elemental festival familiars and even their recolors fit as the Admins are recoloring old festival items so even those fit.

I have said this before, but I personally feel that instead of diluting ANY pool, stick the bears and their recolors in the spare inventory for a token, or perhaps even their respective festival currency for the regular bears (IE the Nature bear would take nature currency to buy) and the recolors for a token. That way people who want them can still get them, but people who don't want them won't have them cluttering up the pools of available items in chests.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="FelisImpurrator" date=2017-11-23 07:22:53] I thought of something better, if enough people would support it to get a re-vote somehow... Why not make the bears additional drops from Strange Chests instead of occupying the regular drop slot? Like the Joxar skins, but instead of diluting the Joxar box pool with bears *instead* of a cool old skin (ugh, who wants that?), make that system work for Strange Chests. So you get your regular item, and a bonus chance of a bear that doesn't interfere with your chances of getting new things. Basically, the best parts of each option. That way we're not paying 80k treasure for a chance to let bears dilute the skin drop pool, and we're not having them dilute the strange chest pool either. That, and make them all meltable. So the spares are still useful. [/quote] Since they made Joxar's box it makes far more sense to move the bears and their recolors over to Joxar with the rest of the cycled festival stuff. Personally I'd much rather a bear over a skin--I can melt down a bear; skins just sit in my hoard collecting dust.
FelisImpurrator wrote on 2017-11-23:

Since they made Joxar's box it makes far more sense to move the bears and their recolors over to Joxar with the rest of the cycled festival stuff. Personally I'd much rather a bear over a skin--I can melt down a bear; skins just sit in my hoard collecting dust.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Oof nice
Oof nice
I honestly never knew the bears were even a thing in the NotN chests. I've been extremely unlucky so far when it comes to the holiday and next to never get chests, let alone even getting a bear. In even more honesty I'm rather fond of said bears and have either traded for/bought the ones I do have. I'd be happy with only getting bears haha. (judge me if you want, I'm weird lol)

I'd add in some bear puns but seeing as they're not something I'm sick and tired and needing to go into hibernation about, I'm good. Although I am a little worried about some people here going into kodiak arrest due to the issue...
I honestly never knew the bears were even a thing in the NotN chests. I've been extremely unlucky so far when it comes to the holiday and next to never get chests, let alone even getting a bear. In even more honesty I'm rather fond of said bears and have either traded for/bought the ones I do have. I'd be happy with only getting bears haha. (judge me if you want, I'm weird lol)

I'd add in some bear puns but seeing as they're not something I'm sick and tired and needing to go into hibernation about, I'm good. Although I am a little worried about some people here going into kodiak arrest due to the issue...
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90 91