Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oh no, I Rip van Winkled myself.
You know that feeling when you've been away from a game (especially an online one) for a while, mysteriously decide to return to it, but oh no what is happen where am I?

Yeah. I've been away from FR for... over a year? I think they were still revealing the new ("new") colors when I fell out of the loop. And now I have to relearn all the things. I had charts and graphs, but who knows where I put them! I have these skins I was working on, but now I need to relearn all 108 rules and regulations governing their production! What are all these new genes?

And most of all-- did they change how seafoam looks? I don't remember it being that vibrant-- am I having a stroke?

Does anyone else share my pain?
You know that feeling when you've been away from a game (especially an online one) for a while, mysteriously decide to return to it, but oh no what is happen where am I?

Yeah. I've been away from FR for... over a year? I think they were still revealing the new ("new") colors when I fell out of the loop. And now I have to relearn all the things. I had charts and graphs, but who knows where I put them! I have these skins I was working on, but now I need to relearn all 108 rules and regulations governing their production! What are all these new genes?

And most of all-- did they change how seafoam looks? I don't remember it being that vibrant-- am I having a stroke?

Does anyone else share my pain?
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
@Sedge
I've never taken a long hiatus, but I can confirm there was a slight change in how Seafoam works! A few colors got slight tweaks when the colorwheel expansion came out.
@Sedge
I've never taken a long hiatus, but I can confirm there was a slight change in how Seafoam works! A few colors got slight tweaks when the colorwheel expansion came out.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
@Sedge
Yep, they brightened Seafoam, it's terrible, ruined the whole color for me. You're better off with Peridot if you don't the yellow tint now. Pistachio is also good but it's even paler then Seafoam was.

You're definitely going to want to go read all the announcements in the forum to see all the genes, clothes, familairs, and new venues you missed plus all teh updates like teh AH, CR, Dressing Room, Joxar, the ability to search the forums and subscribe to threads, etc.
@Sedge
Yep, they brightened Seafoam, it's terrible, ruined the whole color for me. You're better off with Peridot if you don't the yellow tint now. Pistachio is also good but it's even paler then Seafoam was.

You're definitely going to want to go read all the announcements in the forum to see all the genes, clothes, familairs, and new venues you missed plus all teh updates like teh AH, CR, Dressing Room, Joxar, the ability to search the forums and subscribe to threads, etc.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Ohai. We joined on the same day. There have been a lot of changes in the past year but apart from the colour wheel expansion, the new venues and the dressing room nothing dramatic. Oh wait, an the Bogsneaks. Those very much also happened.
Ohai. We joined on the same day. There have been a lot of changes in the past year but apart from the colour wheel expansion, the new venues and the dressing room nothing dramatic. Oh wait, an the Bogsneaks. Those very much also happened.
shop_banner.png
You joined a LONG time ago. A lot has changed!
You joined a LONG time ago. A lot has changed!
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@BezimiennyRaptor If you look at seafoam iridescent and ignored the sheen, that was how seafoam looked on all the genes. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=6&gender=0&tert=83&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=15&auth=4706c4501347ebb519218b3e7913f6c95b2569fb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] To give an 'old' gene as comparison ([i]just superimpose the tiger pattern on iri[/i]) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=2&breed=9&element=6&gender=0&tert=83&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=15&auth=809f1e7d9a34f2dff94d716b03f67ab7a4d16349&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@BezimiennyRaptor If you look at seafoam iridescent and ignored the sheen, that was how seafoam looked on all the genes.

dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=6&gender=0&tert=83&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=15&auth=4706c4501347ebb519218b3e7913f6c95b2569fb&dummyext=prev.png

To give an 'old' gene as comparison (just superimpose the tiger pattern on iri)
dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=2&breed=9&element=6&gender=0&tert=83&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=15&auth=809f1e7d9a34f2dff94d716b03f67ab7a4d16349&dummyext=prev.png
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
What monster brought forth this travesty into our lives.
What monster brought forth this travesty into our lives.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
@laxi ^
@laxi ^
TvGyETb.gif
@Sedge
The sun?
@Sedge
The sun?
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
@Sedge
Not sure exactly when you stopped, but I'm in similar circumstances--I stopped playing around January 2016, and I just stop by around FlameForgers' every year to catch up with friends.

I actually kinda like seeing what all has changed, but how well do I really remember things from last year's vacation back here? XD
@Sedge
Not sure exactly when you stopped, but I'm in similar circumstances--I stopped playing around January 2016, and I just stop by around FlameForgers' every year to catch up with friends.

I actually kinda like seeing what all has changed, but how well do I really remember things from last year's vacation back here? XD
Rule #1:
There are always exceptions to the rules.

KnCHVU9.png
J9uDXUp.png

//
tumblr_inline_ny1gxqcPe11qmzhvw_540.png
//

I never saw my shadow till I saw the light
now I need more light to drown it out
-Massivivid