Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Auction House revamp is coming!
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 127 128
The subpar auction house was my largest complaint with Flight Rising! I'm happy to see these much needed improvements.
The subpar auction house was my largest complaint with Flight Rising! I'm happy to see these much needed improvements.
[quote name="Nryenth" date=2017-02-09 10:04:24] Thank you for the answer! I'm not sure, however, if I was clear with what I wrote; I didn't mean the parameters themselves, but rather the container to be kept open - if I wanted to check, for instance, the price for each pieces of a silk set with the new AH, I'd have to go through the 'enter parameters' -> 'search' -> 'expand the collapsed container' cycle for every piece I'm searching instead of just 'type item name' -> 'search', is that correct? [/quote] @Nryenth That is the way it is going to work at launch, yes. The box containing all of the search options collapses when you submit a search, so you would have to expand it again to change parameters. Since dragons especially have so many search options, we did not want players to have to scroll past them on every page, but we will see if there is something that can be done to improve this use case as well.
Nryenth wrote on 2017-02-09:
Thank you for the answer! I'm not sure, however, if I was clear with what I wrote; I didn't mean the parameters themselves, but rather the container to be kept open - if I wanted to check, for instance, the price for each pieces of a silk set with the new AH, I'd have to go through the 'enter parameters' -> 'search' -> 'expand the collapsed container' cycle for every piece I'm searching instead of just 'type item name' -> 'search', is that correct?

@Nryenth

That is the way it is going to work at launch, yes. The box containing all of the search options collapses when you submit a search, so you would have to expand it again to change parameters. Since dragons especially have so many search options, we did not want players to have to scroll past them on every page, but we will see if there is something that can be done to improve this use case as well.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Not sure if this has been asked already but:
Will we have the option to "relist": an expired auction at the same price or different price, without having to go back and select the item all over again? So if you had a dragon that expired at 90 gems, could you just hit a button and relist the same dragon for the same 90 gems or change to 80 gems?

Oh this just looks wonderful! Thank you! I'm so happy that soon I'll no longer have to go through tons of auction messages either collecting things or deleting them because all they said was "auction expired". And that unit price feature will really help me out when I list large numbers of one item. Now I won't have to divide the price by the item number to figure out how much I should sell mine for!
(used to be if someone was selling 99 of something at 475 gems, I'd have to divide 475/99 = 4.7gems and then drop that to say 4 gems to make sure mine would be the lowest and then multiple the 4 gems by the amount of that item I was planning to sell to get the total price).

Not sure if this has been asked already but:
Will we have the option to "relist": an expired auction at the same price or different price, without having to go back and select the item all over again? So if you had a dragon that expired at 90 gems, could you just hit a button and relist the same dragon for the same 90 gems or change to 80 gems?

Oh this just looks wonderful! Thank you! I'm so happy that soon I'll no longer have to go through tons of auction messages either collecting things or deleting them because all they said was "auction expired". And that unit price feature will really help me out when I list large numbers of one item. Now I won't have to divide the price by the item number to figure out how much I should sell mine for!
(used to be if someone was selling 99 of something at 475 gems, I'd have to divide 475/99 = 4.7gems and then drop that to say 4 gems to make sure mine would be the lowest and then multiple the 4 gems by the amount of that item I was planning to sell to get the total price).

6epgHfG.png
FREE Arcane Nests. Nest conditions on profile
FR +3
@Tunesmith i don't think it actually has to calculate anything? the way it's worded seems like "g1," "not g1", and "everything." [quote=Xhaztol]You can search for dragons that are first generation, second generation and beyond, or all dragons.[/quote]
@Tunesmith i don't think it actually has to calculate anything? the way it's worded seems like "g1," "not g1", and "everything."
Xhaztol wrote:
You can search for dragons that are first generation, second generation and beyond, or all dragons.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="Tunesmith" date=2017-02-09 10:08:02] How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen? [/quote] @Tunesmith The generation search only lets you filter to 1st gen or 2nd+ gen. As you pointed out, past gen1 it is not necessarily clear what "generation" a dragon belongs to.
Tunesmith wrote on 2017-02-09:
How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen?

@Tunesmith

The generation search only lets you filter to 1st gen or 2nd+ gen. As you pointed out, past gen1 it is not necessarily clear what "generation" a dragon belongs to.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
This is lovely! No more sorting through tons of babys lol
This is lovely! No more sorting through tons of babys lol
BPpOUJu.png
Will private auctions only be available from one user to one other?

So.. I wouldn't be able to list a private auction to three users?
Will private auctions only be available from one user to one other?

So.. I wouldn't be able to list a private auction to three users?
Holy cow. All the changes I wanted, and more! Can't wait!
Holy cow. All the changes I wanted, and more! Can't wait!
0cenukq.png
1vxCLIO.png
So we're finally going to know which "Unnamed" we sold in the ledger? That always annoyed me, not being able to figure out which dragon I sold when I had a lot for sale.
So we're finally going to know which "Unnamed" we sold in the ledger? That always annoyed me, not being able to figure out which dragon I sold when I had a lot for sale.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
I have a ton of messages in my inbox with money from auction sales, because I don't have the time to open them and collect the money. Do I have to open them before the new AH is implemented and will they not be affected?
I have a ton of messages in my inbox with money from auction sales, because I don't have the time to open them and collect the money. Do I have to open them before the new AH is implemented and will they not be affected?
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 127 128