Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Neopets: Discussion and Rants
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I wouldn't say "super" rich because I could buy maybe two or three items on my to-get list and I'd be out of neopoints. ;_;
I go on the BD chat occasionally and see all these sets pushing 30-50+ million and other people who get 100K a day at the bank. I just... can't.

The most I had was 30m. Spent a lot on trading/customs/working on my pets then I just stopped restocking. I wouldn't join a guild that requires you to have something. Be it a 5m+ equipment set, 4+ draiks, 4+ UCs, etc.

But I agree, it's easy, just time consuming. It loses my interest fairly easily as well. I don't know. Since draiks/krawks deflated and FFQs are somewhat common now, I don't see how people judge accounts now unless you have TONS of NC items and/or UCs. High-tiered draiks with RW/RN/short names are a possibility. IDK. I don't try to judge people based on their account but it seems a lot of people do.

I'm not visiting daily anymore. Haha. That's saying something as I used to be on that site all the time.
I wouldn't say "super" rich because I could buy maybe two or three items on my to-get list and I'd be out of neopoints. ;_;
I go on the BD chat occasionally and see all these sets pushing 30-50+ million and other people who get 100K a day at the bank. I just... can't.

The most I had was 30m. Spent a lot on trading/customs/working on my pets then I just stopped restocking. I wouldn't join a guild that requires you to have something. Be it a 5m+ equipment set, 4+ draiks, 4+ UCs, etc.

But I agree, it's easy, just time consuming. It loses my interest fairly easily as well. I don't know. Since draiks/krawks deflated and FFQs are somewhat common now, I don't see how people judge accounts now unless you have TONS of NC items and/or UCs. High-tiered draiks with RW/RN/short names are a possibility. IDK. I don't try to judge people based on their account but it seems a lot of people do.

I'm not visiting daily anymore. Haha. That's saying something as I used to be on that site all the time.
gif_256x100_9c6446_zps629f60df.gif
@Dean Oh god yeah.

I managed to get into a 'super high req' guild despite having a pretty terrible account.

I think you had to have two of the following: 300 avs, 700+ HSD pet, 50 m set, several rows of trophies, etc. It was mental. But anyway, I managed to get in based on my battle pet and something else. It was absolutely terrible. So snobby. They were posting gossiping about people in the AC constantly.

I got out of there ASAP.
@Dean Oh god yeah.

I managed to get into a 'super high req' guild despite having a pretty terrible account.

I think you had to have two of the following: 300 avs, 700+ HSD pet, 50 m set, several rows of trophies, etc. It was mental. But anyway, I managed to get in based on my battle pet and something else. It was absolutely terrible. So snobby. They were posting gossiping about people in the AC constantly.

I got out of there ASAP.
ice_rune_50x50.png
Ugh ew. Yeah, I've been in art guilds that required complete petpages, lookups, original coding, etc. Most of them just complained and insulted people on the BC/Art forum in the guild chat. It was ridiculous. I, too, got out of there quickly.

Either I got older, or the majority of people on Neo became more immature and full of themselves. Although my current account doesn't show it, I've been on there since 2000, so I've been through most of Neo's incarnations. Never have I been more appalled by the userbase. :C

Also- side question. For pinging, is it just @ then the link to a userpage? /isnewhere
Ugh ew. Yeah, I've been in art guilds that required complete petpages, lookups, original coding, etc. Most of them just complained and insulted people on the BC/Art forum in the guild chat. It was ridiculous. I, too, got out of there quickly.

Either I got older, or the majority of people on Neo became more immature and full of themselves. Although my current account doesn't show it, I've been on there since 2000, so I've been through most of Neo's incarnations. Never have I been more appalled by the userbase. :C

Also- side question. For pinging, is it just @ then the link to a userpage? /isnewhere
gif_256x100_9c6446_zps629f60df.gif
Last I checked my account was 8 years but I haven't been able to log in for almost a yearish now. Once I got my goal of the pack rat avi I lost complete interest this was right when NC opened and they were introducing clothes for the very first time and everything went down hill and meh..
Last I checked my account was 8 years but I haven't been able to log in for almost a yearish now. Once I got my goal of the pack rat avi I lost complete interest this was right when NC opened and they were introducing clothes for the very first time and everything went down hill and meh..
On the search for Shadow Primals!
vista_snapper1.pngearthanimsm_by_javen-d6bldqc.gifshadowanimsm_by_javen-d6bldqs.gifvista_bog1.png
Please ping if you need my attention!
I've never gotten pack rat, actually. Heh. I prefer to have a clean SDB!
I've never gotten pack rat, actually. Heh. I prefer to have a clean SDB!
ice_rune_50x50.png
I started playing there in 2001 and back then it was pretty awesome. Then they got rid of the General Chat board and it all changed. I stopped feeling comfortable talking on there, as I saw people being iced for pretty silly reasons.
Then they sold out and became all about the advertising and merchandise, so I cut back on playing big time.
Now I still go and zap my lab rat daily, out of habit really, but I don't do an awful lot else there. I have the lab bookmarked, so mostly I just click first thing, zap and then close the tab again.
I started playing there in 2001 and back then it was pretty awesome. Then they got rid of the General Chat board and it all changed. I stopped feeling comfortable talking on there, as I saw people being iced for pretty silly reasons.
Then they sold out and became all about the advertising and merchandise, so I cut back on playing big time.
Now I still go and zap my lab rat daily, out of habit really, but I don't do an awful lot else there. I have the lab bookmarked, so mostly I just click first thing, zap and then close the tab again.
my main account is now 10 years old, and i still log in daily to get my dailies done and pick up whatever few neopoints i need. i've achieved most of the goals i wanted, so i'm really just cruising around the site now.
i'm not very fond of the whole 'pay-to-play' aspect of accessorising your neopets and the pay-for-bonuses. i liked neopets back when the yellow sidebar was still around, but alas, times have changed and i suppose there's been a lot of progress.
needless to say, i still enjoy the site from time to time, comparing pets with friends and having a good time chatting with new and old friends. still not fond of guilds, but the forums can be good. i just enjoy talking. :D
prettiest pets on the site will always be draiks and unis. gotta love 'em.
nice to see some other neo-users around, nice to meet you all!
my main account is now 10 years old, and i still log in daily to get my dailies done and pick up whatever few neopoints i need. i've achieved most of the goals i wanted, so i'm really just cruising around the site now.
i'm not very fond of the whole 'pay-to-play' aspect of accessorising your neopets and the pay-for-bonuses. i liked neopets back when the yellow sidebar was still around, but alas, times have changed and i suppose there's been a lot of progress.
needless to say, i still enjoy the site from time to time, comparing pets with friends and having a good time chatting with new and old friends. still not fond of guilds, but the forums can be good. i just enjoy talking. :D
prettiest pets on the site will always be draiks and unis. gotta love 'em.
nice to see some other neo-users around, nice to meet you all!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
I've played Neopets since 2004, but I've fallen away from it. Like RuinofDarkness said, it's really hard to earn money on that site without being a GREAT restocker or getting super lucky. I come back a couple times a year, though, and play the Altador Cup and stuff.
I've played Neopets since 2004, but I've fallen away from it. Like RuinofDarkness said, it's really hard to earn money on that site without being a GREAT restocker or getting super lucky. I come back a couple times a year, though, and play the Altador Cup and stuff.
I have an account over on Neo and play it everyday :) I'm part of a fantastic guild on there as well. I am mainly on there for my friends and chatting since I have accomplished a lot of my goals on there. It took so long though... I mean, my account is 10 years old, going on 10 and half and I just now finished one of my biggest goals xD

For the longest time I was trying for my favorite pets on the site and then the conversion happened. That set me back a bit, but now all my pet hunting is done with. I have the UCs I want and the Converteds I want. Phew. I was also going for the Avatar collectors avatar and got that this year as well. This year has just been full of awesome for me on neopets actually.

My final goal is to finish my gallery. I need 2 more items, 3 if they would just release it already. You guessed it, Ghostkerchieves! :D Oh yes, those cute little ghosties :3

My ever ongoing goal is to train my battle pet. I just like being able to go far in the battling events.

I would have loved to get into an art guild, but I don't much care for the BC on there. I mean... the spamming of votes x.x Honestly, the BC should not be about who can spam the most >:[

I'm probably going to be playing for years to come. I just feel, I don't know, I just can't leave it. Neopets got me practicing my art, and then I branched off onto other sites and started practicing more. It really did help me grow.
I have an account over on Neo and play it everyday :) I'm part of a fantastic guild on there as well. I am mainly on there for my friends and chatting since I have accomplished a lot of my goals on there. It took so long though... I mean, my account is 10 years old, going on 10 and half and I just now finished one of my biggest goals xD

For the longest time I was trying for my favorite pets on the site and then the conversion happened. That set me back a bit, but now all my pet hunting is done with. I have the UCs I want and the Converteds I want. Phew. I was also going for the Avatar collectors avatar and got that this year as well. This year has just been full of awesome for me on neopets actually.

My final goal is to finish my gallery. I need 2 more items, 3 if they would just release it already. You guessed it, Ghostkerchieves! :D Oh yes, those cute little ghosties :3

My ever ongoing goal is to train my battle pet. I just like being able to go far in the battling events.

I would have loved to get into an art guild, but I don't much care for the BC on there. I mean... the spamming of votes x.x Honestly, the BC should not be about who can spam the most >:[

I'm probably going to be playing for years to come. I just feel, I don't know, I just can't leave it. Neopets got me practicing my art, and then I branched off onto other sites and started practicing more. It really did help me grow.
982x.pngDegrabyHanjamuffin.gif Degra-Signature.png
I've been playing neopets for many years. My oldest account is 11 years old, though part of that time I had stopped playing completely. I still play daily, though x) I don't know why. Maybe it's because it was the first pet site I played? No idea. I just can't quit it.

Neopoints are really slow to earn, and a lot of things are really expensive, so it gets kind of discouraging at times to try to go for any high end goals. I have most of my pet goals complete, only one remaining. But I've pretty much stopped trying to go for that. I'm not doing too badly with the avatars, though. So that is good x)

I pretty much only go there to chat with my friends anymore. I love the guild I'm in, but there are plenty of things that annoy me to end on that site. The filters in the mail system drive me up the wall, for sure. I'll have to try and send one mail 6-7 times before I find the word that triggered the filter.

I miss the old Neo days :( Less filters and the like. I'm also not a big fan of the way to new battledome looks.
I've been playing neopets for many years. My oldest account is 11 years old, though part of that time I had stopped playing completely. I still play daily, though x) I don't know why. Maybe it's because it was the first pet site I played? No idea. I just can't quit it.

Neopoints are really slow to earn, and a lot of things are really expensive, so it gets kind of discouraging at times to try to go for any high end goals. I have most of my pet goals complete, only one remaining. But I've pretty much stopped trying to go for that. I'm not doing too badly with the avatars, though. So that is good x)

I pretty much only go there to chat with my friends anymore. I love the guild I'm in, but there are plenty of things that annoy me to end on that site. The filters in the mail system drive me up the wall, for sure. I'll have to try and send one mail 6-7 times before I find the word that triggered the filter.

I miss the old Neo days :( Less filters and the like. I'm also not a big fan of the way to new battledome looks.
light_rune_50x50.png AlyrabyCydragonResized.pngUnicorgiByInkwellSmall.png light_rune_50x50.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11