Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Neopets: Discussion and Rants
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 99% of you have played Neopets and hate it.

I do too, in a way. I hate how most of the userbase is comprised of adults yet there is so much censorship. I hate how pets that are not perfectly named UCs are pretty much worthless now due to deflation. I hate the NC mall.

Nonetheless, I still do login pretty much every day. I guess I like the fact that the site has tons of stuff to do. I think it's pretty much impossible to be bored on there.

So yeah, what do you think about the game? Do you play it? If so, why?
Feel free to discuss anything related to Neopets here.

Also, I have a UC coconut jubjub up for trade. I figured I'd prefer to mention that here instead of on the terrible PC. Message for details.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 99% of you have played Neopets and hate it.

I do too, in a way. I hate how most of the userbase is comprised of adults yet there is so much censorship. I hate how pets that are not perfectly named UCs are pretty much worthless now due to deflation. I hate the NC mall.

Nonetheless, I still do login pretty much every day. I guess I like the fact that the site has tons of stuff to do. I think it's pretty much impossible to be bored on there.

So yeah, what do you think about the game? Do you play it? If so, why?
Feel free to discuss anything related to Neopets here.

Also, I have a UC coconut jubjub up for trade. I figured I'd prefer to mention that here instead of on the terrible PC. Message for details.
ice_rune_50x50.png
It was really hard to earn money on that thing. Incredibly hard. What disliked about it the most was that you had to be of this rank or this rank to do almost anything. It was too much work to be fun =(
It was really hard to earn money on that thing. Incredibly hard. What disliked about it the most was that you had to be of this rank or this rank to do almost anything. It was too much work to be fun =(
I have an account, but I don't usually play it a lot... After I got the secret lab map I just kind of forgot Neopets existed for a couple of months, oops. I've been a member since around '07 so I guess that's why I can't completely quit, no matter how frustrating it gets. :T
I have an account, but I don't usually play it a lot... After I got the secret lab map I just kind of forgot Neopets existed for a couple of months, oops. I've been a member since around '07 so I guess that's why I can't completely quit, no matter how frustrating it gets. :T
........................... ky82ASU.gif
maya/by
they/them
butch lesbian
FR+3, active
(sales tab)
(old oaks foster)
Z4WnyK3.png
Had some accounts when younger, frozen a few times, picked it up last year, played for a few months, quit again.

Good times and bad times, even with a generally terrible community.
Had some accounts when younger, frozen a few times, picked it up last year, played for a few months, quit again.

Good times and bad times, even with a generally terrible community.
ePOliyb.png
MUYNhfy.png
L74Jfbv.png
im silas BWi9PQR.gif WKtl2lb.png
nWiQNX9.png
I never really got into it. I signed up for an account, played for ten seconds, then never touched it again.
I never really got into it. I signed up for an account, played for ten seconds, then never touched it again.
watersmallwithsymboltint_zpse1652b00.gif
sig by Cucco, gif from Garden of Words
I play Neo pretty regularly, I'm in an awesome guild but at this point I'm pretty much only on the site for my guild/friends and to participate in the events haha
I play Neo pretty regularly, I'm in an awesome guild but at this point I'm pretty much only on the site for my guild/friends and to participate in the events haha
omfgdogs.gif
i've been on neopets since i was around nine so, eleven years down the line, i can never leave completely. i only log on to do my dailies anymore though, but i can usually make 10k+ a day to throw into the bank in about thirty minutes.

i dunno like yeah, things have changed and they're going to keep changing but all you ever see nowadays is people whining about those aforementioned changes. i for one still love the game when i have time to really sit down and play it.
i've been on neopets since i was around nine so, eleven years down the line, i can never leave completely. i only log on to do my dailies anymore though, but i can usually make 10k+ a day to throw into the bank in about thirty minutes.

i dunno like yeah, things have changed and they're going to keep changing but all you ever see nowadays is people whining about those aforementioned changes. i for one still love the game when i have time to really sit down and play it.
I'll always have love for Neopets since it was my first pet site. My freshman year of college, two of my roommates found out that we all had accounts and we spent our free time that year playing together and trying to win avatars!

I think my account is around ten years old now. My proudest moment was finding a Darigan Paintbrush on the SW for like 1,000 Neopoints. I'm not really playing at the moment but every year I have a few month span where I jump back into it~
I'll always have love for Neopets since it was my first pet site. My freshman year of college, two of my roommates found out that we all had accounts and we spent our free time that year playing together and trying to win avatars!

I think my account is around ten years old now. My proudest moment was finding a Darigan Paintbrush on the SW for like 1,000 Neopoints. I'm not really playing at the moment but every year I have a few month span where I jump back into it~
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

-has 17+ million in the bank so can't complain-
But uh.
I restock on there.

I have a few RWs and I tried trading up to no avail. I mean, unless you're pet has /amazing/ BD stats, you have a 3L-6L COMMON RW/RN, or a combination of the two, you won't be getting a nice UC. I got tired of it and I'm just adoring all my little draiks at 1.6m an egg. I actually got hooked on NC over this past AC but I'm on a cool-down right now because I spent waayyyy too much money over there.

What ticks me off though are the people. The AC sucks because of illicit players/groups. A lot of PC kids are way too self-righteous and they expect their 6L foreign, uncommon, RW to be UC-trading material. Not to mention UCs are practically unobtainable (unless you have pets that I previously mentioned). I'm getting tired of all the draik swaps and people wanting them. I guess it's easy for me to trade as I have a lot of money to spare, but I can create/paint the majority of what everyone offers so it takes the fun away from trading, tbh. Then you have the super rude people, the trolls, etc. It's annoying.

I've tried joining guilds, but they normally flop because the people aren't interested in 'gifting pets' anymore. T_T I normally just keep to myself and work on avatars most of the time. :/ Occasionally I'll go on the BC/Art boards, however I got tired of seeing 5-minute scribbles being advertised as "quality art." ;_;

It's not very fun.
Though if you guys wanna be neofriends, I don't mind.
-has 17+ million in the bank so can't complain-
But uh.
I restock on there.

I have a few RWs and I tried trading up to no avail. I mean, unless you're pet has /amazing/ BD stats, you have a 3L-6L COMMON RW/RN, or a combination of the two, you won't be getting a nice UC. I got tired of it and I'm just adoring all my little draiks at 1.6m an egg. I actually got hooked on NC over this past AC but I'm on a cool-down right now because I spent waayyyy too much money over there.

What ticks me off though are the people. The AC sucks because of illicit players/groups. A lot of PC kids are way too self-righteous and they expect their 6L foreign, uncommon, RW to be UC-trading material. Not to mention UCs are practically unobtainable (unless you have pets that I previously mentioned). I'm getting tired of all the draik swaps and people wanting them. I guess it's easy for me to trade as I have a lot of money to spare, but I can create/paint the majority of what everyone offers so it takes the fun away from trading, tbh. Then you have the super rude people, the trolls, etc. It's annoying.

I've tried joining guilds, but they normally flop because the people aren't interested in 'gifting pets' anymore. T_T I normally just keep to myself and work on avatars most of the time. :/ Occasionally I'll go on the BC/Art boards, however I got tired of seeing 5-minute scribbles being advertised as "quality art." ;_;

It's not very fun.
Though if you guys wanna be neofriends, I don't mind.
gif_256x100_9c6446_zps629f60df.gif
That is super rich, @Dean.

Yeah, a weird point is that I've always been really poor there.
I have some cool avs and some nice pets, so I think people think I'm a bit richer than I am?

Someone keeps asking me to join a BD guild. The problem is that you need to have a 5m+ set to join.

I just want to reply saying I've never had 5 mil in my life, so back off! but somehow I don't.

Despite my poor status, I think it is fairly easy o make money there. I just don't really care enough to do so.
That is super rich, @Dean.

Yeah, a weird point is that I've always been really poor there.
I have some cool avs and some nice pets, so I think people think I'm a bit richer than I am?

Someone keeps asking me to join a BD guild. The problem is that you need to have a 5m+ set to join.

I just want to reply saying I've never had 5 mil in my life, so back off! but somehow I don't.

Despite my poor status, I think it is fairly easy o make money there. I just don't really care enough to do so.
ice_rune_50x50.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11