Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Neopets: Discussion and Rants
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Neopets was one of the first websites I joined!

I still go every day, but it's to play the games. I never got involved in the forums and the guild I eventually joined was created just to be in a guild so other people will stop bothering you.
Neopets was one of the first websites I joined!

I still go every day, but it's to play the games. I never got involved in the forums and the guild I eventually joined was created just to be in a guild so other people will stop bothering you.
lairbannerstabee.png

fzrz.png
I started playing ages ago, when I was about 10, for a few years. Dropped it, picked it up again a few months ago. It frustrates me to no end... I might end up stopping soon.

What fun is there to have when I'm terrified of communicating with anyone because of their crazy censorship rules? :/ I'm hoping FR will fill that void that Neopets couldn't manage to fill.
I started playing ages ago, when I was about 10, for a few years. Dropped it, picked it up again a few months ago. It frustrates me to no end... I might end up stopping soon.

What fun is there to have when I'm terrified of communicating with anyone because of their crazy censorship rules? :/ I'm hoping FR will fill that void that Neopets couldn't manage to fill.
I've pretty much moved entirely to this site from Neo, but I still log in occasionally do dailies and gaze longingly at my UCs.

My biggest issue with Neo was that some pet/item goals on there were near impossible, while things on FR you do have to work for but you can get what you want in a reasonable amount of time, it feels satisfying but not grueling. It also feels like stepping on eggshells with the strict language/topic rules there to the point that I don't even chat to anyone on-site :P

My username is earsbackteethbared if anyone's inclined to add me.
I've pretty much moved entirely to this site from Neo, but I still log in occasionally do dailies and gaze longingly at my UCs.

My biggest issue with Neo was that some pet/item goals on there were near impossible, while things on FR you do have to work for but you can get what you want in a reasonable amount of time, it feels satisfying but not grueling. It also feels like stepping on eggshells with the strict language/topic rules there to the point that I don't even chat to anyone on-site :P

My username is earsbackteethbared if anyone's inclined to add me.
fire_rune_50x50.png _ Voslen | she/her | FR+3
Art Thread
Skin Thread (wip)
FR Tumblr
I don't even understand half the stuff talked about in this thread o.O I joined Neopets in december of 1999 though havn't really played in years. http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=aurora16 is my account. Couldn't even see a couple of my neopets since they were old styles or something. Are any of my pets even worth anything these days? Do have some trophies from the art contest they used to run. Oh heh, do have my advent history gallery still http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=aurora16
I don't even understand half the stuff talked about in this thread o.O I joined Neopets in december of 1999 though havn't really played in years. http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=aurora16 is my account. Couldn't even see a couple of my neopets since they were old styles or something. Are any of my pets even worth anything these days? Do have some trophies from the art contest they used to run. Oh heh, do have my advent history gallery still http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=aurora16
Neopets was also my first petsite ever. It was the first website I ever visited on the internet, too. 13 year old me in 2004 didn't have internet when I first started, so I remember I had a classmate make an account for me, and I signed on at the library. I actually thought the pets could die back then so I was always worried about not feeding them enough.

Then we got dial-up, which was slow but Neopets was all I ever did, I met my first online friends there. On another account that became my main when I forgot my first account's information, my username became my main handle for just about everywhere for years to come.

So yeah, Neopets is special to me, even though I don't enjoy or play it anymore all that much. I still miss those yellow sidebar days too.
Neopets was also my first petsite ever. It was the first website I ever visited on the internet, too. 13 year old me in 2004 didn't have internet when I first started, so I remember I had a classmate make an account for me, and I signed on at the library. I actually thought the pets could die back then so I was always worried about not feeding them enough.

Then we got dial-up, which was slow but Neopets was all I ever did, I met my first online friends there. On another account that became my main when I forgot my first account's information, my username became my main handle for just about everywhere for years to come.

So yeah, Neopets is special to me, even though I don't enjoy or play it anymore all that much. I still miss those yellow sidebar days too.
I'm currently still playing Neopets with the account I made in 2006. It gave me something to waste time online, but I remember quitting when they brought the conversion and NC Mall. If I recall, the NC items actually expired. Why would you waste money on a virtual item like that?

Then I came back during the time of the Atlas of the Ancients plot (which was awful btw) when I discovered a Livejournal community for adult Neopets players. Since then I've remained, becoming what you call an NC addict. I don't chat on boards, mostly talking to other players on places like Tumblr or the aforementioned LJ community.

Most of my goals have been accomplished, one of the biggest getting a Draik thanks to the Forgotten Shore. Now I mostly focus on the battledome and customization.
I'm currently still playing Neopets with the account I made in 2006. It gave me something to waste time online, but I remember quitting when they brought the conversion and NC Mall. If I recall, the NC items actually expired. Why would you waste money on a virtual item like that?

Then I came back during the time of the Atlas of the Ancients plot (which was awful btw) when I discovered a Livejournal community for adult Neopets players. Since then I've remained, becoming what you call an NC addict. I don't chat on boards, mostly talking to other players on places like Tumblr or the aforementioned LJ community.

Most of my goals have been accomplished, one of the biggest getting a Draik thanks to the Forgotten Shore. Now I mostly focus on the battledome and customization.
yHVNH4X.png
I originally joined Neopets before it was even one year old. Back then, the Bruce was a person, not a penguin. He wore a tuxedo and it was kind of weird.

I loved it then, and it was how I got into roleplaying. Eventually they froze my account for autobuying, whatever that is, and I didn't rejoin until recently. Even as we speak I haven't fed my pets in over a week. Oh well.

I think my biggest complaint is the NC Mall itself. Maybe if the items you get from there could be sold in user shops I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, but otherwise the only way to get really cool items is to spend real money. I mean come on, at least give the players who can't do that an alternative. I only got a pair of wings because I got credits for going the Altador Cup stuff. x.x Neopets was making plenty of money before the NC Mall came along.

Also I hate some of the pet redos. They don't need to look that chibi. I miss the old Zafara.
I originally joined Neopets before it was even one year old. Back then, the Bruce was a person, not a penguin. He wore a tuxedo and it was kind of weird.

I loved it then, and it was how I got into roleplaying. Eventually they froze my account for autobuying, whatever that is, and I didn't rejoin until recently. Even as we speak I haven't fed my pets in over a week. Oh well.

I think my biggest complaint is the NC Mall itself. Maybe if the items you get from there could be sold in user shops I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, but otherwise the only way to get really cool items is to spend real money. I mean come on, at least give the players who can't do that an alternative. I only got a pair of wings because I got credits for going the Altador Cup stuff. x.x Neopets was making plenty of money before the NC Mall came along.

Also I hate some of the pet redos. They don't need to look that chibi. I miss the old Zafara.
Eh, I played neo for a longlong while. I never got into other petsites (this is my second) because none of them really stuck out to me. I always dreamed for some great pets, but wasn't willing to work for it xD
I did kind of grow up there -- met my first online friends, learned how to roleplay and all, but the restrictions put me off. The NC mall put me off. The attitude of people in general put me off.

FR is where it's at, IMO BD
Eh, I played neo for a longlong while. I never got into other petsites (this is my second) because none of them really stuck out to me. I always dreamed for some great pets, but wasn't willing to work for it xD
I did kind of grow up there -- met my first online friends, learned how to roleplay and all, but the restrictions put me off. The NC mall put me off. The attitude of people in general put me off.

FR is where it's at, IMO BD
That AMA with Adam is intriguing! I read through both links, and the answers (and questions) made me feel really nostalgic.

I started playing Neopets around September 2000. I quit and came back a whole lot of times, and am currently semi-actively playing due to my guild. Some of my guildies have probably even posted in this thread! I gave the link to a few people and then suddenly it's like half the guild ended up joining. :D

I dunno -- I really miss my old UCs and regret giving away so many pets back in the day. The censorship is a pain to deal with, and I hate that we're not supposed to have off-site links and IM usernames. I mean, I get it, because there was (and probably still is) a massive number of scams and off-site CGs, but I still don't like it. xD
That AMA with Adam is intriguing! I read through both links, and the answers (and questions) made me feel really nostalgic.

I started playing Neopets around September 2000. I quit and came back a whole lot of times, and am currently semi-actively playing due to my guild. Some of my guildies have probably even posted in this thread! I gave the link to a few people and then suddenly it's like half the guild ended up joining. :D

I dunno -- I really miss my old UCs and regret giving away so many pets back in the day. The censorship is a pain to deal with, and I hate that we're not supposed to have off-site links and IM usernames. I mean, I get it, because there was (and probably still is) a massive number of scams and off-site CGs, but I still don't like it. xD
I lost my original account to the purges. xD I got stuck out of it when I was a kid because I couldn't remember what birthday I had used to create it with. Made another account a couple of years later, but never did anything with it because I had no idea how to efficiently make money. Just came back to neo in february, and figured I'd stay with it.

I made quite a bit of money with KQ, got myself a draik, painted it royal and then chocolate (and she won the customization contest recently =w= <3), completed my other top dreamies, and am now working on creating a shoyru army. The past week or so, though, I&#039;ve been mostly just doing dailies.

I agree that the community is pretty crummy, at times. I won&#039;t even touch the PC these days. >.>&#039;&#039; Too tired of seeing groups rip others&#039; threads to shreds. I mostly just stick to neomail, and occasionally poke around on the &#039;Guess the Pokemon&#039; thread on the FC. The restrictions are pretty frustrating, I have to say. x-x I mean, I get that there are kiddos on there, so obviously some things shouldn&#039;t be talked about (especially being so closely involved with Nickelodeon and such), but... I&#039;ve been reported for mentioning to someone who&#039;d used the word "google" that they should prolly say "poogle" instead. .-. Like. Okay. Or the fact that if you&#039;ve been playing a game of KQ with someone, and they quit, you can&#039;t send them a message simply stating, "Woops, I think our game goofed! Want to try again?" or "D&#039;oh, the game ended - did you have to leave?" because they consider that harassment. .-.

I do also really miss the old art. Shoyrus looked so cute and alive back then. D8 *pokes my stiff plushie shoyru*
I lost my original account to the purges. xD I got stuck out of it when I was a kid because I couldn&#039;t remember what birthday I had used to create it with. Made another account a couple of years later, but never did anything with it because I had no idea how to efficiently make money. Just came back to neo in february, and figured I&#039;d stay with it.

I made quite a bit of money with KQ, got myself a draik, painted it royal and then chocolate (and she won the customization contest recently =w= <3), completed my other top dreamies, and am now working on creating a shoyru army. The past week or so, though, I&#039;ve been mostly just doing dailies.

I agree that the community is pretty crummy, at times. I won&#039;t even touch the PC these days. >.>&#039;&#039; Too tired of seeing groups rip others&#039; threads to shreds. I mostly just stick to neomail, and occasionally poke around on the &#039;Guess the Pokemon&#039; thread on the FC. The restrictions are pretty frustrating, I have to say. x-x I mean, I get that there are kiddos on there, so obviously some things shouldn&#039;t be talked about (especially being so closely involved with Nickelodeon and such), but... I&#039;ve been reported for mentioning to someone who&#039;d used the word "google" that they should prolly say "poogle" instead. .-. Like. Okay. Or the fact that if you&#039;ve been playing a game of KQ with someone, and they quit, you can&#039;t send them a message simply stating, "Woops, I think our game goofed! Want to try again?" or "D&#039;oh, the game ended - did you have to leave?" because they consider that harassment. .-.

I do also really miss the old art. Shoyrus looked so cute and alive back then. D8 *pokes my stiff plushie shoyru*
windychu_by_beefystew-d8u17ly.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11