Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Shock Switch Upcoming Features/Bugs
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 166 167
@dorkit Are you sure that's not just an individual computer issue? I've played SS on Firefox lots of times (before switching to Chrome because it just runs faster and smoother), and while I've had my random disconnects, I've never had it crash to the point where it's frozen my whole computer.
@dorkit Are you sure that's not just an individual computer issue? I've played SS on Firefox lots of times (before switching to Chrome because it just runs faster and smoother), and while I've had my random disconnects, I've never had it crash to the point where it's frozen my whole computer.
@CrypticGirl

It's happened on every computer I've tried to use Firefox with Shock Switch on, and I've spoken to others on the forums who have the same issue.

There's also a note in the first post of this thread that says
"- Firefox appears to have a crashing issue that as of yet has no significant leads."

So it might not be an issue for everyone using Firefox, but there's a significant enough portion of the userbase effected by it.
@CrypticGirl

It's happened on every computer I've tried to use Firefox with Shock Switch on, and I've spoken to others on the forums who have the same issue.

There's also a note in the first post of this thread that says
"- Firefox appears to have a crashing issue that as of yet has no significant leads."

So it might not be an issue for everyone using Firefox, but there's a significant enough portion of the userbase effected by it.
I've gotten the server error the past 3-4 times I've played. I'm playing on Very Hard and I get up to around ~400-500k points when the game crashes. Dunno if this has been an issue for anyone else, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
I've gotten the server error the past 3-4 times I've played. I'm playing on Very Hard and I get up to around ~400-500k points when the game crashes. Dunno if this has been an issue for anyone else, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
It's happened to me as well @paladin
It's happened to me as well @paladin
@Thrage

I played a few games of Shock Switch on Easy. While on the end screen, I had a little over 211k treasure. As soon as I clicked out of the game server, I had 195614 treasure. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the treasure I had before clicking out.
@Thrage

I played a few games of Shock Switch on Easy. While on the end screen, I had a little over 211k treasure. As soon as I clicked out of the game server, I had 195614 treasure. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the treasure I had before clicking out.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
[quote=OP]- [s]Panels cannot be slipped in beneath falling columns.[/s] Fixed as of 7/13. Needs testing. - [s]Panels sometimes match in a row before landing.[/s] Fixed as of 7/13. Needs testing/verification.[/quote] I can verify that panels can be slipped in beneath falling columns. It feels inconsistent, but it might just be a matter of requiring precise timing + a fall distance higher than 3 or 4. I can verify that Panels can still match in a row before falling, so it is not fully fixed. The behavior feels inconsistent, though I haven't tested to see if it happens 100% of the time or not. I'm also assuming this line is referring to matches forming mid-fall, when they should have continued falling instead. [s]I usually notice it when a panel falls between two of the same typed panels[/s] Observed where the falling block was not between two blocks. I tend to notice it later in Very Hard matches (Last observed around speed 60 the lowest), so it might only happen at certain speeds. A lot of unknowns here, sorry. EDIT: [s]I [i]think[/i] the tiles are forming rows while falling ONLY when a column (not sure if it has to be involved in the row, or if it needs exactly one or just any number) is shaking. I just had it happen 3 times in ~20 seconds while trying to recover at the end of a Very Hard run. I noticed various times throughout the run, while things were stable, where they did NOT form rows while falling. Once the blocks started shaking it started happening left and right.[/s] Debunked by a later post (playing in epi mode) and observed personally without a row shaking. Might be speed related, but it happens. It's a bit hard to track down while also playing =P EDIT2: And a bug to report. Some times the oncoming row resets its position when you form rows. I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason as to why or when it happens (or maybe it always happens, I just only notice it when it's up higher?). It /looks/ like you lose a row while playing, but it actually just sets the on-coming row back to the lowest position.
OP wrote:
- Panels cannot be slipped in beneath falling columns. Fixed as of 7/13. Needs testing.
- Panels sometimes match in a row before landing. Fixed as of 7/13. Needs testing/verification.
I can verify that panels can be slipped in beneath falling columns. It feels inconsistent, but it might just be a matter of requiring precise timing + a fall distance higher than 3 or 4.

I can verify that Panels can still match in a row before falling, so it is not fully fixed. The behavior feels inconsistent, though I haven't tested to see if it happens 100% of the time or not. I'm also assuming this line is referring to matches forming mid-fall, when they should have continued falling instead. I usually notice it when a panel falls between two of the same typed panels Observed where the falling block was not between two blocks. I tend to notice it later in Very Hard matches (Last observed around speed 60 the lowest), so it might only happen at certain speeds. A lot of unknowns here, sorry.

EDIT: I think the tiles are forming rows while falling ONLY when a column (not sure if it has to be involved in the row, or if it needs exactly one or just any number) is shaking. I just had it happen 3 times in ~20 seconds while trying to recover at the end of a Very Hard run. I noticed various times throughout the run, while things were stable, where they did NOT form rows while falling. Once the blocks started shaking it started happening left and right. Debunked by a later post (playing in epi mode) and observed personally without a row shaking. Might be speed related, but it happens. It's a bit hard to track down while also playing =P

EDIT2: And a bug to report. Some times the oncoming row resets its position when you form rows. I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason as to why or when it happens (or maybe it always happens, I just only notice it when it's up higher?). It /looks/ like you lose a row while playing, but it actually just sets the on-coming row back to the lowest position.
IDK what it is.. but i am finding that no matter what level i play since the new influx of new users most recent... that the Shock Switch... likes to lurch-lag all through playing. an its getting rather irritating. my net speed is quick, my pc not old everythings updated-cleaned out on my end so... what gives?
IDK what it is.. but i am finding that no matter what level i play since the new influx of new users most recent... that the Shock Switch... likes to lurch-lag all through playing. an its getting rather irritating. my net speed is quick, my pc not old everythings updated-cleaned out on my end so... what gives?
@Orcao

To add to your report, it can't just be the shaking itself because I only play the epi version now that it's been updated to have sliding blocks underneath falling blocks, because it makes my CPU want to die in a fire slightly less.

But anyway, that version does not have the 'shaking blocks' effect and I have still observed falling blocks making matches before they land.

One time I also had a gap act like a block. It was the size of one block and the blocks above it did not fall into it. I eventually slid a block into the space from the side and a block fell into the newly created space like normal.
@Orcao

To add to your report, it can't just be the shaking itself because I only play the epi version now that it's been updated to have sliding blocks underneath falling blocks, because it makes my CPU want to die in a fire slightly less.

But anyway, that version does not have the 'shaking blocks' effect and I have still observed falling blocks making matches before they land.

One time I also had a gap act like a block. It was the size of one block and the blocks above it did not fall into it. I eventually slid a block into the space from the side and a block fell into the newly created space like normal.
I'm not entirely sure how the reward system might work with this game, but I'm sure I just ran into a bit of a bug. I play Shock Switch all the time, almost always on easy, and luckily have kept records, sort of.

I just played a game and got all the way up to speed 217, score 1116240. However, the reward was only 26660.

I do know that last night, I reached speed 188 with a score of 967480, and was rewarded 32111 treasure -- significantly more than I won today.

It just seems a little odd to me? So I figured that I would report it.

Thank you~
I'm not entirely sure how the reward system might work with this game, but I'm sure I just ran into a bit of a bug. I play Shock Switch all the time, almost always on easy, and luckily have kept records, sort of.

I just played a game and got all the way up to speed 217, score 1116240. However, the reward was only 26660.

I do know that last night, I reached speed 188 with a score of 967480, and was rewarded 32111 treasure -- significantly more than I won today.

It just seems a little odd to me? So I figured that I would report it.

Thank you~
@kaomi

That first score should net you aproximately 34882 treasure, give or take a bit.

But I have to ask, was that the tail end of your lucky streak? Treasure payouts will be wonky when finishing the Lucky Streak, because the cap makes the payout not equal to time played anymore once you reach the max amount of earnable treasure.
@kaomi

That first score should net you aproximately 34882 treasure, give or take a bit.

But I have to ask, was that the tail end of your lucky streak? Treasure payouts will be wonky when finishing the Lucky Streak, because the cap makes the payout not equal to time played anymore once you reach the max amount of earnable treasure.
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 166 167