Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed]
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
@fuwafuwa Cor's new server will not have anything to do with Flightcraft so no, ranks will not translate. Any money you have paid so far has not yet been touched and will not be used, in case Spec or I decide to take up FC again by any chance.
@fuwafuwa Cor's new server will not have anything to do with Flightcraft so no, ranks will not translate. Any money you have paid so far has not yet been touched and will not be used, in case Spec or I decide to take up FC again by any chance.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Rexcaliburr
So, wait, I'm confused... I get that the rank won't transfer, but, what do you mean by the money won't be used? I thought that it had been used already, that it helped to upgrade the old server :u
@Rexcaliburr
So, wait, I'm confused... I get that the rank won't transfer, but, what do you mean by the money won't be used? I thought that it had been used already, that it helped to upgrade the old server :u
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
@fuwafuwa I mean, I still have some leftover money that came from donations as the amount of donations received is a little more than what we paid. Any leftover money will not be used.
@fuwafuwa I mean, I still have some leftover money that came from donations as the amount of donations received is a little more than what we paid. Any leftover money will not be used.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Rexcaliburr
You really have nothing to apologize for. Everyone's trying to make this work.

@TheCorvid
I hope everyone will actually get pinged, this time. We're on the updates list because we want to be kept up to date, to know when you're all under the weather (@Chocobanyana, thank you) and to know how, if at all, we can help.

Looking forward to moving forward, if it ever happens.
@Rexcaliburr
You really have nothing to apologize for. Everyone's trying to make this work.

@TheCorvid
I hope everyone will actually get pinged, this time. We're on the updates list because we want to be kept up to date, to know when you're all under the weather (@Chocobanyana, thank you) and to know how, if at all, we can help.

Looking forward to moving forward, if it ever happens.
bonsai_pixel_by_miirshroom.png

[url=]please_buy_these_dragons_sig.png[/url] sig_divider.gif
This is awful.....

I knew it would end up like this though I guess....

Thank you for the ping @grimverse it was deserved for everyone.

I can't even believe this....I put a lot of money, time , effort.....I made friends on this server and I'm not getting any of that back.

I won't be getting my money back im assuming.

Sadly im a person who has to give everything a chance so I will be on the new server....whatever it is it isn't flightcraft so im not calling it that.

I just hope everything can come out and I can laugh and play with my friends and make new friends.

Im afraid of the whitelist and the world sounds very restricted but I hope we can all still have fun and do crazy wacky stuff...

@TheCorvid
Please try to keep us updated, or make a new pinglist and ask who wants on....communication is key and we were getting none of it.
No update is too small or too large to let us know about because its us you are trying to have on the server right? Please just....keep your audience up to date instead of working in the shadows

Also there really should have been some kind of vote before going gungho into it
This is awful.....

I knew it would end up like this though I guess....

Thank you for the ping @grimverse it was deserved for everyone.

I can't even believe this....I put a lot of money, time , effort.....I made friends on this server and I'm not getting any of that back.

I won't be getting my money back im assuming.

Sadly im a person who has to give everything a chance so I will be on the new server....whatever it is it isn't flightcraft so im not calling it that.

I just hope everything can come out and I can laugh and play with my friends and make new friends.

Im afraid of the whitelist and the world sounds very restricted but I hope we can all still have fun and do crazy wacky stuff...

@TheCorvid
Please try to keep us updated, or make a new pinglist and ask who wants on....communication is key and we were getting none of it.
No update is too small or too large to let us know about because its us you are trying to have on the server right? Please just....keep your audience up to date instead of working in the shadows

Also there really should have been some kind of vote before going gungho into it
mqdefault.jpg
To @DreamyDragon and to everyone else who is still confused despite this being said repeatedly by me and by many others:

My new server is going to be totally unrelated to the old.

The "audience" of this server is not my audience. My audience is Flight Rising as a whole. I will not be using the old pinglist. I will not be opening a new pinglist now, nor will I be advertising my pinglist, when I create it, to this group. It's nothing personal, it's just that I am starting fresh. When my server goes up, I will make a new thread, and if people find it themselves or are told about it by their friends who know about it, then cool. But this is a totally different project. I do not have any obligations to keep this community updated on it.

As a somewhat related side note, I am a different person from the person you sent your money to. At no point during this entire management change was I ever paid in any way, shape or form - I wasn't even paid when I was hosting for Rex and Spec, because during that time we were giving them a trial period. So no, I am not in any way morally obligated to keep anyone updated. This isn't stubbornness or bitterness - it's just a symptom of the fact that I am busy. I have taken on this project and I, along with a select few others, are working on it together, and it's totally unrelated to this iteration of the server. It will be called Flightcraft (because I used the Flightcraft name before Rex and Spec's version of the server was established, so I will be using it again) but that's as far as the resemblance goes.

This community is acting a little entitled. I have tried my best to keep everyone updated, and I may have failed in those attempts, sure. But I'm not a villain and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would stop treating me like one. If I hadn't raised my hand and volunteered to continue hosting the server after Rex and Spec's departure as admins, then the server would have died then and there. But I did raise my hand, and now I'm wishing that I hadn't.
To @DreamyDragon and to everyone else who is still confused despite this being said repeatedly by me and by many others:

My new server is going to be totally unrelated to the old.

The "audience" of this server is not my audience. My audience is Flight Rising as a whole. I will not be using the old pinglist. I will not be opening a new pinglist now, nor will I be advertising my pinglist, when I create it, to this group. It's nothing personal, it's just that I am starting fresh. When my server goes up, I will make a new thread, and if people find it themselves or are told about it by their friends who know about it, then cool. But this is a totally different project. I do not have any obligations to keep this community updated on it.

As a somewhat related side note, I am a different person from the person you sent your money to. At no point during this entire management change was I ever paid in any way, shape or form - I wasn't even paid when I was hosting for Rex and Spec, because during that time we were giving them a trial period. So no, I am not in any way morally obligated to keep anyone updated. This isn't stubbornness or bitterness - it's just a symptom of the fact that I am busy. I have taken on this project and I, along with a select few others, are working on it together, and it's totally unrelated to this iteration of the server. It will be called Flightcraft (because I used the Flightcraft name before Rex and Spec's version of the server was established, so I will be using it again) but that's as far as the resemblance goes.

This community is acting a little entitled. I have tried my best to keep everyone updated, and I may have failed in those attempts, sure. But I'm not a villain and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would stop treating me like one. If I hadn't raised my hand and volunteered to continue hosting the server after Rex and Spec's departure as admins, then the server would have died then and there. But I did raise my hand, and now I'm wishing that I hadn't.
One final ping from me, the previous co-owner of flightcraft

You have been pinged here

Time to settle things. I don't want any more comments on this thread and I don't want it to resurface.

If you want to say anything, comment (good or bad), or ask an irrelevant question, please PM me and ONLY me. Please be civil and mature.

I'm going to cover 4 things. If you don't want to read everything, jump to the last one.

- What happened
- Where is it headed
- What is happening in the meantime/presently
- Anything else

What happened

First things first, I will apologise on behalf of everyone in charge (including old management) that we did not update you all. I understand you all deserve better, but please remember you have been warned AT LEAST a month in advance.

I do understand everyone's disappointment or frustration about being kept in the dark about the updates, Cor was unable to ping everyone as she had not realised the need/necessity of it. Not to mention the dev team in charge coincidentally were all sick so if you have any experience with being sick, you tend to forget things. It was a simple mistake that did not lead to extreme circumstances or consequences as the server was only shut off two weeks ago.

THAT BEING SAID, it was already mentioned beforehand by Cor only 3 pages behind grim's post that the server is getting a revamp/now belongs to her. This explains two things:

1. Low traffic in players - Why bother building when the server is going to be reset

2. There was an announcement already and it had been agreed by the community at the present moment - If you were not aware, majority of the players are in a skype group and we have indicated in this skype group as well as on this forum pinging everyone that we would be handing the server to cor due to our lack of time to take care of the server and thus, it would be her choices whether or not to keep the server or not.

Additionally, we had indicated as well that if any of you had qualms, questions or protests against the switch of owners, we had given you two weeks to have a say but we did not receive anything. This cancels out any "could we have gotten a vote" or "I wanted to have a say" because the chance was given.

Moreover, please note that Cor is a different person, her updates are not as frequent as ours as well as her schedule is also different. Do not compare us and her as we are different people as well as different server owners. Its unfair to both parties.

TLDR: Flightcraft server run by Rex and Spec is closed. A new flightcraft that is unaffiliated with this one, is being created by Cor. If she pinged or not, it wouldn't have mattered since we've already indicated a month ago that the server was going to be closed for renovations as well as any updates will be by Cor as it is her server.

The (repeated) final word/confirmation (a month later) was unpinged, but its not like the idea of it was only then at the moment. The warnings had been given already. Everyone should have known more or less, hence the lowering of traffic. The signs were there, Cor does not deserve a bashing.

Flightcraft was officially closed as a server under the name of Rex and Spec but Cor is now the one who holds the name to a server.

I've seen Cor's plans for her server, I'm told there would even be a custom texture pack for it, using ingame currency as well as specific flight items. There is plenty of potential in Cor's ideas for the server, it would only be a matter of time before it is executed. I for one, am excited to see the final product, but these things take time, its not even been two months since we passed the server, no one can work that fast when you have a life outside of minecraft and flight rising.

Note how I say that this is her server, because that's the solid fact.

Good things come to those who wait.

This Flightcraft server is closed. Cor will make her own thread to ping when her server is up so please do not rest your hopes on flightcraft. This server isn't the only server out there.

Lorecraft for one is a server you can approach. The server is unique in its own way, they have their own rules, own celebrations and events, as well as own management. Please do not approach their server bitterly, for the sole reason that since flightcraft closed, you have no other choice but to go to lorecraft. No. I do not want any of that.

Lorecraft's management and hosts are absolutely kind and lovely, they are in no way affiliated with flightcraft and do not treat them as a basis of comparison. They are a whole other server and they will take in anyone with absolute kindness.

It is not advertisment for their server, rather this is a statement coming from me and only me who looked at the server today and found it to have the most welcoming vibe and a supportive community. I feel like I could just talk and interact with these people for hours on end.

Other than lorecraft, there are other servers you can play on. Some of FC's members used to visit different servers to play minigames and I suggest you do the same. I appreciate the dedication you as the player have given to flightcraft but all good things must come to an end. Find another server or another game to keep you smiling.

And finally, I am sorry. I personally feel that the entire situation could have been handled better, we are all emotional humans. We all make mistakes, we all get angry, sad, happy and scared. Flightcraft, in the very end, is just another server and I am very happy to have met the community that has shaped it and participated in it, temporary or not.

I am sorry that the server has had to close down, but I hope you understand that your loyalty or you as a player are not tied to us. You may do what you want, start up your own server or wait for another one. Do as you wish, but take the time to pause and look at the sidelines. There are only a few people who can keep things up, and unfortunately i was unable to.

But please keep smiling, keep having fun, keep looking for something that will fill up your time, just like how you spent your time in flightcraft.

It may be a few weeks later, but I think I should repeat this for you all. Thank you for being a part of flightcraft. Dungeon raids, spawn roof parties, legions and holidays. Thank you for making them fun and doing it as a community. It has been our absolute pleasure meeting you all. I will be waiting patiently for Cor's server. Doing my IB in the meantime and saying hello every now and again to the wonderful people that I've met.

Please love others as well as yourself. Pick up that stone sword and torch, and keep walking. You'll find something eventually.

Signing off - Spectralink
One final ping from me, the previous co-owner of flightcraft

You have been pinged here

Time to settle things. I don't want any more comments on this thread and I don't want it to resurface.

If you want to say anything, comment (good or bad), or ask an irrelevant question, please PM me and ONLY me. Please be civil and mature.

I'm going to cover 4 things. If you don't want to read everything, jump to the last one.

- What happened
- Where is it headed
- What is happening in the meantime/presently
- Anything else

What happened

First things first, I will apologise on behalf of everyone in charge (including old management) that we did not update you all. I understand you all deserve better, but please remember you have been warned AT LEAST a month in advance.

I do understand everyone's disappointment or frustration about being kept in the dark about the updates, Cor was unable to ping everyone as she had not realised the need/necessity of it. Not to mention the dev team in charge coincidentally were all sick so if you have any experience with being sick, you tend to forget things. It was a simple mistake that did not lead to extreme circumstances or consequences as the server was only shut off two weeks ago.

THAT BEING SAID, it was already mentioned beforehand by Cor only 3 pages behind grim's post that the server is getting a revamp/now belongs to her. This explains two things:

1. Low traffic in players - Why bother building when the server is going to be reset

2. There was an announcement already and it had been agreed by the community at the present moment - If you were not aware, majority of the players are in a skype group and we have indicated in this skype group as well as on this forum pinging everyone that we would be handing the server to cor due to our lack of time to take care of the server and thus, it would be her choices whether or not to keep the server or not.

Additionally, we had indicated as well that if any of you had qualms, questions or protests against the switch of owners, we had given you two weeks to have a say but we did not receive anything. This cancels out any "could we have gotten a vote" or "I wanted to have a say" because the chance was given.

Moreover, please note that Cor is a different person, her updates are not as frequent as ours as well as her schedule is also different. Do not compare us and her as we are different people as well as different server owners. Its unfair to both parties.

TLDR: Flightcraft server run by Rex and Spec is closed. A new flightcraft that is unaffiliated with this one, is being created by Cor. If she pinged or not, it wouldn't have mattered since we've already indicated a month ago that the server was going to be closed for renovations as well as any updates will be by Cor as it is her server.

The (repeated) final word/confirmation (a month later) was unpinged, but its not like the idea of it was only then at the moment. The warnings had been given already. Everyone should have known more or less, hence the lowering of traffic. The signs were there, Cor does not deserve a bashing.

Flightcraft was officially closed as a server under the name of Rex and Spec but Cor is now the one who holds the name to a server.

I've seen Cor's plans for her server, I'm told there would even be a custom texture pack for it, using ingame currency as well as specific flight items. There is plenty of potential in Cor's ideas for the server, it would only be a matter of time before it is executed. I for one, am excited to see the final product, but these things take time, its not even been two months since we passed the server, no one can work that fast when you have a life outside of minecraft and flight rising.

Note how I say that this is her server, because that's the solid fact.

Good things come to those who wait.

This Flightcraft server is closed. Cor will make her own thread to ping when her server is up so please do not rest your hopes on flightcraft. This server isn't the only server out there.

Lorecraft for one is a server you can approach. The server is unique in its own way, they have their own rules, own celebrations and events, as well as own management. Please do not approach their server bitterly, for the sole reason that since flightcraft closed, you have no other choice but to go to lorecraft. No. I do not want any of that.

Lorecraft's management and hosts are absolutely kind and lovely, they are in no way affiliated with flightcraft and do not treat them as a basis of comparison. They are a whole other server and they will take in anyone with absolute kindness.

It is not advertisment for their server, rather this is a statement coming from me and only me who looked at the server today and found it to have the most welcoming vibe and a supportive community. I feel like I could just talk and interact with these people for hours on end.

Other than lorecraft, there are other servers you can play on. Some of FC's members used to visit different servers to play minigames and I suggest you do the same. I appreciate the dedication you as the player have given to flightcraft but all good things must come to an end. Find another server or another game to keep you smiling.

And finally, I am sorry. I personally feel that the entire situation could have been handled better, we are all emotional humans. We all make mistakes, we all get angry, sad, happy and scared. Flightcraft, in the very end, is just another server and I am very happy to have met the community that has shaped it and participated in it, temporary or not.

I am sorry that the server has had to close down, but I hope you understand that your loyalty or you as a player are not tied to us. You may do what you want, start up your own server or wait for another one. Do as you wish, but take the time to pause and look at the sidelines. There are only a few people who can keep things up, and unfortunately i was unable to.

But please keep smiling, keep having fun, keep looking for something that will fill up your time, just like how you spent your time in flightcraft.

It may be a few weeks later, but I think I should repeat this for you all. Thank you for being a part of flightcraft. Dungeon raids, spawn roof parties, legions and holidays. Thank you for making them fun and doing it as a community. It has been our absolute pleasure meeting you all. I will be waiting patiently for Cor's server. Doing my IB in the meantime and saying hello every now and again to the wonderful people that I've met.

Please love others as well as yourself. Pick up that stone sword and torch, and keep walking. You'll find something eventually.

Signing off - Spectralink
9DV9ORL.pngKmtwmZh.pngmEueZ5t.pngVHFHrZu.png
@Gaia Please lock this thread. We don't want anymore comments on it.

Edit: Please do not post here. I don't want the thread to keep coming back up.
@Gaia Please lock this thread. We don't want anymore comments on it.

Edit: Please do not post here. I don't want the thread to keep coming back up.
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif

Rest in peace, Flightcraft. I'll forever hold the memories dear to my heart.

Rest in peace, Flightcraft. I'll forever hold the memories dear to my heart.
h6cYa1L.gif....

lion | FR+0 | i do art. pls buy it

i will singlehandedly armwrestle the shadowbinder.
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o4_100.png
Locking this thread at the request of the OP!
Locking this thread at the request of the OP!
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163