Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Basic Vistas for Everyone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
support, especially for flight-themed vistas. would be nice to have at least those, nothing fancy, not too much work, something faded like the symbols that appear on your dragons little rectangle when in liar view or something similar. i get that vistas are supposed to be *very* special but yknow, everyone wants to feel a lil special lmao ;v;'
support, especially for flight-themed vistas. would be nice to have at least those, nothing fancy, not too much work, something faded like the symbols that appear on your dragons little rectangle when in liar view or something similar. i get that vistas are supposed to be *very* special but yknow, everyone wants to feel a lil special lmao ;v;'
34819.png
cassie

they/them
FR + 10

xxx
my god, video games
really, when I'll think of something to put here I will

xxx

FtTDV7S.png
Support

I don't see the harm in basic vistas, or vistas people can buy in the gem/treasure market.

Mean the other visas such as kS/Beta/admin/ mod/etc will still remain special, nothing will be taken away from those who have them. It's not like they're ever going to give those vistas out for free to everyone or something
Support

I don't see the harm in basic vistas, or vistas people can buy in the gem/treasure market.

Mean the other visas such as kS/Beta/admin/ mod/etc will still remain special, nothing will be taken away from those who have them. It's not like they're ever going to give those vistas out for free to everyone or something
DVcXRyP.png
No support.
As everyone else has stated, vistas are something special you get for contributing to the site. Be it kickstarter, moderation status, or a contest. Just giving everyone a vista would take away that value.
And no, this is not me being a ***** since I already have one. I would have the same opinion even if I didn't have one. I never thought I would get one, always thought the people who had them were someone important or nice. Or, just like we all said, contributed to the site in a special manner, not just buying gems.
Letting everyone have one, would take away that value.
However, I can support little avatar decorations, which add a decorated border around your avatar. Nothing more.
No support.
As everyone else has stated, vistas are something special you get for contributing to the site. Be it kickstarter, moderation status, or a contest. Just giving everyone a vista would take away that value.
And no, this is not me being a ***** since I already have one. I would have the same opinion even if I didn't have one. I never thought I would get one, always thought the people who had them were someone important or nice. Or, just like we all said, contributed to the site in a special manner, not just buying gems.
Letting everyone have one, would take away that value.
However, I can support little avatar decorations, which add a decorated border around your avatar. Nothing more.
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
I support basic vistas (limited pallete).

Cute decorations around your avatar and whatnot could be cool too! Like borders, falling petals etc.
I support basic vistas (limited pallete).

Cute decorations around your avatar and whatnot could be cool too! Like borders, falling petals etc.
5233.png Uwe hee.
Support for a basic flight vista as long as users can still use the default if they wish, it'd be cute to have some way of telling someone's flight on the forums without clicking through if they wish.
Support for a basic flight vista as long as users can still use the default if they wish, it'd be cute to have some way of telling someone's flight on the forums without clicking through if they wish.
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
Depending on how they are obtainable, I support this. I'd like to have them remain hard to obtain. I think each flight having their own special vista is nice, as long as it would be a simple design, nothing major. More complex designs could occasionally cycle in and out of the gem marketplace, which in return would help fund the staff if you think about it.

Vistas are nice, but I think they deserve to remain hard to obtain. It doesn't make sense for something that was once super hard to get, suddenly be so easy for everyone to get. That would be just the same as gems from exalting be twice as easy to happen, or getting 5 or even 10 gems each day from a happy well fed clan.
Depending on how they are obtainable, I support this. I'd like to have them remain hard to obtain. I think each flight having their own special vista is nice, as long as it would be a simple design, nothing major. More complex designs could occasionally cycle in and out of the gem marketplace, which in return would help fund the staff if you think about it.

Vistas are nice, but I think they deserve to remain hard to obtain. It doesn't make sense for something that was once super hard to get, suddenly be so easy for everyone to get. That would be just the same as gems from exalting be twice as easy to happen, or getting 5 or even 10 gems each day from a happy well fed clan.
zdkBiZa.png
I like the idea of flight vistas. But not something so noticeable that's all you see when scrolling down. Just a flight specific design around the avatar or something.

I'd be cool with icicles hanging off my avatar.
I like the idea of flight vistas. But not something so noticeable that's all you see when scrolling down. Just a flight specific design around the avatar or something.

I'd be cool with icicles hanging off my avatar.
I'd love plain color and flight vistas, and once I suggested the idea of custom vistas like custom skins/accents where you can buy the templates and sell them as well (with limits like no eyepopping colors of course)
I'd love plain color and flight vistas, and once I suggested the idea of custom vistas like custom skins/accents where you can buy the templates and sell them as well (with limits like no eyepopping colors of course)
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
I absolutely support this.

I don't understand the significance of the argument "making them more common makes them less special." Like yeah that would happen, but I don't see why that's important. It just seems really arbitrary criteria to say that people get vistas for "contributing to the site." Most people didn't know the kickstarter existed. Many people don't have the artistic skill to win a contest. And becoming a moderator is a complicated and difficult process that not every player is old enough or has enough free time to go through with. And what about players that contribute to the community or to other players? It puts an unequal weight and unclear definition to contribution.

I think Vistas would be a really cool way to get more personalized forum discussions and useful for players who want to show off their flights. There should definitely still be rare vistas that come from more "major" things like they do now, but like it would be awesome to have a range of them, instead of just having them be an entire feature that most players have no access to.
I absolutely support this.

I don't understand the significance of the argument "making them more common makes them less special." Like yeah that would happen, but I don't see why that's important. It just seems really arbitrary criteria to say that people get vistas for "contributing to the site." Most people didn't know the kickstarter existed. Many people don't have the artistic skill to win a contest. And becoming a moderator is a complicated and difficult process that not every player is old enough or has enough free time to go through with. And what about players that contribute to the community or to other players? It puts an unequal weight and unclear definition to contribution.

I think Vistas would be a really cool way to get more personalized forum discussions and useful for players who want to show off their flights. There should definitely still be rare vistas that come from more "major" things like they do now, but like it would be awesome to have a range of them, instead of just having them be an entire feature that most players have no access to.
_____

earthshieldl.png

Five tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png he/him tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png FR+3
tumblr_inline_o0txw9j3qz1tqyuge_250.png

Proud Parents Collection:

Planning to exalt a dragon with 100+ offspring?
PM me!
download20220300024612.png
____
Support

I'd really like to see basic ones based on flights that everyone can get

At the same time I'd like the chance for players to earn a vista via achievements, an anniversary of how long they've been on FR perhaps, maybe something sorta basic but worthy to be in the gem store.

Being one of the people who try to participate with holiday skin competitions to get a skin made and get a nice vista, every time I get passed over and no one gives advice on how to improve. I've given up on wanting to join those competitions. Would just be nice to earn something without wasting the time and effort put in to make something just to have it... ignored. Its not fun, and I'm sure other people have felt the same way.
Support

I'd really like to see basic ones based on flights that everyone can get

At the same time I'd like the chance for players to earn a vista via achievements, an anniversary of how long they've been on FR perhaps, maybe something sorta basic but worthy to be in the gem store.

Being one of the people who try to participate with holiday skin competitions to get a skin made and get a nice vista, every time I get passed over and no one gives advice on how to improve. I've given up on wanting to join those competitions. Would just be nice to earn something without wasting the time and effort put in to make something just to have it... ignored. Its not fun, and I'm sure other people have felt the same way.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7