Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Basic Vistas for Everyone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I support this, the idea of basic ones. The ones that people earned from high contributing means would stay to those; we would still know those ones are special. Especially since there are apparent designs and such. But maybe to just tint our message boxes a certain dull color? I don't think it interferes at all.
I support this, the idea of basic ones. The ones that people earned from high contributing means would stay to those; we would still know those ones are special. Especially since there are apparent designs and such. But maybe to just tint our message boxes a certain dull color? I don't think it interferes at all.
tumblr_inline_nqwshr7pEj1rbfe8q_500.gifMQBN6C7.pngFZcWp.gif tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo2_75sq.gif
Support. Also, basic flight vistas could be rewards for the exalt achievements. :o

I don't think giving people more attainable vistas devalues the special ones in the slightest, and I think it's very silly to suggest that.

Like, does the existence of widely-obtainable apparel make things like sunchaser's jewelry and cranial hornhelms any less special? Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we only had sunchaser's jewelry and hornhelms, and didn't implement any other apparel because it might make those two items less special? :P
Support. Also, basic flight vistas could be rewards for the exalt achievements. :o

I don't think giving people more attainable vistas devalues the special ones in the slightest, and I think it's very silly to suggest that.

Like, does the existence of widely-obtainable apparel make things like sunchaser's jewelry and cranial hornhelms any less special? Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we only had sunchaser's jewelry and hornhelms, and didn't implement any other apparel because it might make those two items less special? :P
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
[quote=Areater]I'd prefer more easily accessible vistas including, but not limited to: - A Flight Vista (Light members get light vista, lightning members get lightning vista, etc.) [i][b]- Achievement Vistas (Rewarded when you get certain achievements, such as an ancient lair, five egg nest, exalted 100 dragons, etc.)[/b][/i] - Purchasable Vistas (Either in the Treasure or Gem Marketplace, or both!)[/quote] THIS. PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS??? Ahem, but yeah, Achievement points are useless right now, the admins said (in a post or video or something, I can't remember) that they might make it so you can use Achievement points to gain rewards, why not vistas? No support for purchasable vistas though, I feel like vistas should be something that you earn, not buy.
Areater wrote:
I'd prefer more easily accessible vistas including, but not limited to:
- A Flight Vista (Light members get light vista, lightning members get lightning vista, etc.)
- Achievement Vistas (Rewarded when you get certain achievements, such as an ancient lair, five egg nest, exalted 100 dragons, etc.)
- Purchasable Vistas (Either in the Treasure or Gem Marketplace, or both!)

THIS. PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS???

Ahem, but yeah, Achievement points are useless right now, the admins said (in a post or video or something, I can't remember) that they might make it so you can use Achievement points to gain rewards, why not vistas?

No support for purchasable vistas though, I feel like vistas should be something that you earn, not buy.
Tn4aWhc.png
[quote name="Areater" date=2016-03-08 15:33:36] I'd prefer more easily accessible vistas including, but not limited to: - A Flight Vista (Light members get light vista, lightning members get lightning vista, etc.) - Achievement Vistas (Rewarded when you get certain achievements, such as an ancient lair, five egg nest, exalted 100 dragons, etc.) - Purchasable Vistas (Either in the Treasure or Gem Marketplace, or both!) [/quote] Flight vistas would be awesome. You could access a general one for your flight and one for your lair location. Maybe you could also choose between vistas for all of the possible lair locations for your flight (that you already earned).
Areater wrote on 2016-03-08:
I'd prefer more easily accessible vistas including, but not limited to:
- A Flight Vista (Light members get light vista, lightning members get lightning vista, etc.)
- Achievement Vistas (Rewarded when you get certain achievements, such as an ancient lair, five egg nest, exalted 100 dragons, etc.)
- Purchasable Vistas (Either in the Treasure or Gem Marketplace, or both!)

Flight vistas would be awesome. You could access a general one for your flight and one for your lair location. Maybe you could also choose between vistas for all of the possible lair locations for your flight (that you already earned).
Owner of Aurorae Hatchery
HjJ85za.png
I'd love to see some vistas available for those players that can't boast art talent :D Like me, yeah. I think that being able to purchase a flight vista in gem shop would be great (and will help the site, I'd pay up to 5k gems for it if it's nice-looking) and having one for some in-game achievement sounds nice as well :3
I'd love to see some vistas available for those players that can't boast art talent :D Like me, yeah. I think that being able to purchase a flight vista in gem shop would be great (and will help the site, I'd pay up to 5k gems for it if it's nice-looking) and having one for some in-game achievement sounds nice as well :3
I can support a solid color Vista but not a decorative one. The decorative ones are special for KS supporters, admins, mods, and those that do something special to earn it. As much as I would like a nice looking vista, those should only be for those that did something to earn it (in one way or another). If it's a very pale matte Vista (perhaps one of three colors: red, blue and yellow) then I'd be ok with that, but anything fancier than that should be earned.
I can support a solid color Vista but not a decorative one. The decorative ones are special for KS supporters, admins, mods, and those that do something special to earn it. As much as I would like a nice looking vista, those should only be for those that did something to earn it (in one way or another). If it's a very pale matte Vista (perhaps one of three colors: red, blue and yellow) then I'd be ok with that, but anything fancier than that should be earned.
FR+1 - I will host nests for free, just ask/PM!
Make sure to copy/paste my name to ensure I will get your ping!
Ahh, and they can make contests for festive related vistas <33
Ahh, and they can make contests for festive related vistas <33
6klg2iF.png
[quote name="Inkdeer" date=2016-03-14 02:33:26] Support. Also, basic flight vistas could be rewards for the exalt achievements. :o I don't think giving people more attainable vistas devalues the special ones in the slightest, and I think it's very silly to suggest that. Like, does the existence of widely-obtainable apparel make things like sunchaser's jewelry and cranial hornhelms any less special? Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we only had sunchaser's jewelry and hornhelms, and didn't implement any other apparel because it might make those two items less special? :P [/quote] I agree. Letting every one have access to single colors and extremely basic flight symbols will [b]not[/b] change the value of the special vistas. The special vistas will still have to be earned the same way.
Inkdeer wrote on 2016-03-14:

I agree. Letting every one have access to single colors and extremely basic flight symbols will not change the value of the special vistas. The special vistas will still have to be earned the same way.
1234.png
[quote name="Qnyxz" date=2016-03-08 17:09:59] If everyone got vistas they would not be as special as they are now. Currently special vistas are awarded as prizes to winners. Even as an older player, and I would love to have a vista, I think that by giving them to everyone it kind of takes away from those who earned them. Even though this is nice, sorry I can not really support this. [/quote] I really, [i]really[/i] do not feel that having flight-specific vistas would take away from how special other vistas are? We aren't talking about giving the special vistas for artists, admins, mods, etc away to everyone, we're talking about flight-specific vistas that everyone will have access to. Moderator+artist+admin vistas will still be just as unique as they are now. The flight-specific vistas will not be special by virtue of everyone having them; however, the flight-specific vistas existing doesn't detract from the current, unique vistas being special. We're not talking about giving everyone unique artist vistas. This is just about flights. I think it's a good idea and adds additional visibility, identity, and community to flights, something I think is lacking on the forums. Support.
Qnyxz wrote on 2016-03-08:
If everyone got vistas they would not be as special as they are now. Currently special vistas are awarded as prizes to winners.

Even as an older player, and I would love to have a vista, I think that by giving them to everyone it kind of takes away from those who earned them.

Even though this is nice, sorry I can not really support this.
I really, really do not feel that having flight-specific vistas would take away from how special other vistas are?

We aren't talking about giving the special vistas for artists, admins, mods, etc away to everyone, we're talking about flight-specific vistas that everyone will have access to. Moderator+artist+admin vistas will still be just as unique as they are now. The flight-specific vistas will not be special by virtue of everyone having them; however, the flight-specific vistas existing doesn't detract from the current, unique vistas being special. We're not talking about giving everyone unique artist vistas. This is just about flights.

I think it's a good idea and adds additional visibility, identity, and community to flights, something I think is lacking on the forums. Support.
Support.

I don't see any issue with making vistas more accessible to everyone. Especially those that were late to the party so-to-speak. The basic vistas don't have to be super detailed.

For example, something like the standard shadow mushroom background with a faded little Shadow banner behind the stats isn't going to diminish the value of having the special vistas. Like it's still possible to save original art and gilded icon borders for the earned ones and just reuse the mini-banner and flight specific backgrounds that are already in use on everybody's profiles. Nothing is ruined forever because they're just reusing the standard flight specific images.

Besides, it's not like they would be be turned on by default. People who've earned the right to have vistas will still be able to flaunt their special ones around safely and without fear of their status symbols being soiled.
Support.

I don't see any issue with making vistas more accessible to everyone. Especially those that were late to the party so-to-speak. The basic vistas don't have to be super detailed.

For example, something like the standard shadow mushroom background with a faded little Shadow banner behind the stats isn't going to diminish the value of having the special vistas. Like it's still possible to save original art and gilded icon borders for the earned ones and just reuse the mini-banner and flight specific backgrounds that are already in use on everybody's profiles. Nothing is ruined forever because they're just reusing the standard flight specific images.

Besides, it's not like they would be be turned on by default. People who've earned the right to have vistas will still be able to flaunt their special ones around safely and without fear of their status symbols being soiled.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7