Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 116 117
this looks cool i can't wait
this looks cool i can't wait
@PARlAH

Oh yes you're right! Your example dragon looks really good with Stained! :)

@Plushnoodle

It looks really cool how soft Crystal is with stained on your dragons ^.^
@PARlAH

Oh yes you're right! Your example dragon looks really good with Stained! :)

@Plushnoodle

It looks really cool how soft Crystal is with stained on your dragons ^.^
TOPbanner_TRENCH_V3.jpg
lol wow this is garbage
lol wow this is garbage
[quote name="Tadertots" date=2016-02-06 15:40:43] lol wow this is garbage [/quote] Now see, kids, this is what we call "non-constructive criticism." There are less polite, more vulgar terms for it, but we won't be covering them here. Note the lack of true feedback anywhere in this sentence. There is no discussion regarding what the user sees as wrong or in need of improvement, and nothing regarding any positive aspect of the subject at hand. Don't post like this, kids. Constructive feedback makes people willing to listen to you and drives improvement, non-constructive feedback only makes people think uncomplimentary things about you and subsequently ignore what you have to say later.
Tadertots wrote on 2016-02-06:
lol wow this is garbage
Now see, kids, this is what we call "non-constructive criticism."

There are less polite, more vulgar terms for it, but we won't be covering them here.

Note the lack of true feedback anywhere in this sentence. There is no discussion regarding what the user sees as wrong or in need of improvement, and nothing regarding any positive aspect of the subject at hand.

Don't post like this, kids. Constructive feedback makes people willing to listen to you and drives improvement, non-constructive feedback only makes people think uncomplimentary things about you and subsequently ignore what you have to say later.
[quote name="Dysnomia" date=2016-02-06 16:54:37] [quote name="Tadertots" date=2016-02-06 15:40:43] lol wow this is garbage [/quote] Now see, kids, this is what we call "non-constructive criticism." There are less polite, more vulgar terms for it, but we won't be covering them here. Note the lack of true feedback anywhere in this sentence. There is no discussion regarding what the user sees as wrong or in need of improvement, and nothing regarding any positive aspect of the subject at hand. Don't post like this, kids. Constructive feedback makes people willing to listen to you and drives improvement, non-constructive feedback only makes people think uncomplimentary things about you and subsequently ignore what you have to say later. [/quote] You don't have to be so patronizing in your pointing out how this isn't constructive criticism. Don't shame other users because they aren't as "eloquent" as you are. :/
Dysnomia wrote on 2016-02-06:
lol wow this is garbage

There are less polite, more vulgar terms for it, but we won't be covering them here.

Note the lack of true feedback anywhere in this sentence. There is no discussion regarding what the user sees as wrong or in need of improvement, and nothing regarding any positive aspect of the subject at hand.

Don't post like this, kids. Constructive feedback makes people willing to listen to you and drives improvement, non-constructive feedback only makes people think uncomplimentary things about you and subsequently ignore what you have to say later.

You don't have to be so patronizing in your pointing out how this isn't constructive criticism. Don't shame other users because they aren't as "eloquent" as you are. :/
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Dysnomia" date=2016-02-06 16:54:37] [quote name="Tadertots" date=2016-02-06 15:40:43] lol wow this is garbage [/quote] Now see, kids, this is what we call "non-constructive criticism." There are less polite, more vulgar terms for it, but we won't be covering them here. Note the lack of true feedback anywhere in this sentence. There is no discussion regarding what the user sees as wrong or in need of improvement, and nothing regarding any positive aspect of the subject at hand. Don't post like this, kids. Constructive feedback makes people willing to listen to you and drives improvement, non-constructive feedback only makes people think uncomplimentary things about you and subsequently ignore what you have to say later. [/quote] Yes, but in this case it's not like the criticism would change anything anyways. I could say "oh wow I'm not spending 12 dollars for this gene try better next time" but it's not like they're going to change the price just because I put out a 5 paragraph long essay on why this is such an insult to alot of users. All I did was show my disdain along with countless others. Get over yourself, buddy.
Dysnomia wrote on 2016-02-06:
lol wow this is garbage

Yes, but in this case it's not like the criticism would change anything anyways. I could say "oh wow I'm not spending 12 dollars for this gene try better next time" but it's not like they're going to change the price just because I put out a 5 paragraph long essay on why this is such an insult to alot of users.

All I did was show my disdain along with countless others. Get over yourself, buddy.
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-02-06 17:40:48]You don't have to be so patronizing in your pointing out how this isn't constructive criticism. Don't shame other users because they aren't as "eloquent" as you are. :/[/quote] It's not about "being eloquent." It's about being [i]mature[/i]. Big difference. You can't "shame" people for being immature any more than you can "shame" someone for acting inappropriately in any other context. [quote name="Tadertots" date=2016-02-06 18:51:12]Yes, but in this case it's not like the criticism would change anything anyways. I could say "oh wow I'm not spending 12 dollars for this gene try better next time" but it's not like they're going to change the price just because I put out a 5 paragraph long essay on why this is such an insult to alot of users. All I did was show my disdain along with countless others. Get over yourself, buddy. [/quote] No, sweetie, what you did falls under the banner of a little behavior old-timers like me used to call "flaming." There's a way to "show disdain" that doesn't involve acting spoiled and childish. You, however, chose the "childish" route. Congratulations. Next time, maybe you should consider whether a post you're about to make is something a decent human being would say to someone's [i]face[/i] in real life. If it's not, [i]and[/i] you're the type to get ~righteously offended~ over being called out for that kind of behavior, [i]maybe you should refrain from posting it.[/i]
McAlli wrote on 2016-02-06:
You don't have to be so patronizing in your pointing out how this isn't constructive criticism. Don't shame other users because they aren't as "eloquent" as you are. :/
It's not about "being eloquent."

It's about being mature. Big difference. You can't "shame" people for being immature any more than you can "shame" someone for acting inappropriately in any other context.
Yes, but in this case it's not like the criticism would change anything anyways. I could say "oh wow I'm not spending 12 dollars for this gene try better next time" but it's not like they're going to change the price just because I put out a 5 paragraph long essay on why this is such an insult to alot of users.

All I did was show my disdain along with countless others. Get over yourself, buddy.
No, sweetie, what you did falls under the banner of a little behavior old-timers like me used to call "flaming." There's a way to "show disdain" that doesn't involve acting spoiled and childish. You, however, chose the "childish" route. Congratulations.

Next time, maybe you should consider whether a post you're about to make is something a decent human being would say to someone's face in real life. If it's not, and you're the type to get ~righteously offended~ over being called out for that kind of behavior, maybe you should refrain from posting it.
[quote]No, sweetie, what you did falls under the banner of a little behavior old-timers like me used to call "flaming."[/quote] You have no idea what "flaming" is but ok. There's really no point in talking to someone who speaks to me like I'm an ignorant child. So bye.
Quote:
No, sweetie, what you did falls under the banner of a little behavior old-timers like me used to call "flaming."

You have no idea what "flaming" is but ok. There's really no point in talking to someone who speaks to me like I'm an ignorant child. So bye.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
How about we all calm down. Everyone has thier own ways of expressing dislike,where you be 'snobby' or plain blunt. And maybe they are a child. You couldnt possibly know that unless you knew eachother outside of this website. @Dysnomia @Tadertots I'm personally blunt,I have infact said to people what Tadertots posted. If you have a problem about how people post things,don't reply. Now,onto the gene. I personally love it. It'd look good on a few of my babes~ its very nice if you have a nice Earth rep,for dulling it and making them look a bit more...real. Kinda like my dear darling I just hatched about a week ago. [img]http://i.imgur.com/12jToNz.png[/img]
How about we all calm down. Everyone has thier own ways of expressing dislike,where you be 'snobby' or plain blunt. And maybe they are a child. You couldnt possibly know that unless you knew eachother outside of this website.
@Dysnomia @Tadertots

I'm personally blunt,I have infact said to people what Tadertots posted. If you have a problem about how people post things,don't reply.

Now,onto the gene. I personally love it. It'd look good on a few of my babes~ its very nice if you have a nice Earth rep,for dulling it and making them look a bit more...real. Kinda like my dear darling I just hatched about a week ago.
12jToNz.png
Hiya!
I'm Pantera from Plague.
And I have a firm love for Nocs and Guards.
And every other breed,but still xD
Oooooo!!!
Oooooo!!!
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo6_500.png
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 116 117