Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you name your dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sometimes I make pair names, like Song and Chant or Thelon and Athabaska (both rivers in Canada, featuring in one of my all-time fave books) or Marshmallow and Candyfluff.
Sometimes I know the sound and feel of the name I'm going for but spend a week finding it (like with Axis).
Sometimes I just like the word and decide to use it as a name (Flux, Sonnet, Antares, Tessel etc).
And sometimes, it's a name. But Rhys and possibly Etarn are the only dragons I have that have human names.
Sometimes I make pair names, like Song and Chant or Thelon and Athabaska (both rivers in Canada, featuring in one of my all-time fave books) or Marshmallow and Candyfluff.
Sometimes I know the sound and feel of the name I'm going for but spend a week finding it (like with Axis).
Sometimes I just like the word and decide to use it as a name (Flux, Sonnet, Antares, Tessel etc).
And sometimes, it's a name. But Rhys and possibly Etarn are the only dragons I have that have human names.
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
I have, um... a couple of OCs, constellations, stars and heavenly guardians. Why I'm a Shadow and not an Arcane with that thematic sometimes baffles me. Until I remember that Arcane is PINK.

Couples sometimes get names that fit together, like Crux and Cygnus (southern and northern cross) or they'll just sound good, like Ara and Orion. I tend to keep the type of name same though. I usually name my to-be-exalted hatchies after stars, while bought neophytes get a random name or are all named Voidsworn during pushes.
I have, um... a couple of OCs, constellations, stars and heavenly guardians. Why I'm a Shadow and not an Arcane with that thematic sometimes baffles me. Until I remember that Arcane is PINK.

Couples sometimes get names that fit together, like Crux and Cygnus (southern and northern cross) or they'll just sound good, like Ara and Orion. I tend to keep the type of name same though. I usually name my to-be-exalted hatchies after stars, while bought neophytes get a random name or are all named Voidsworn during pushes.
d5iO8A5.png L8Hk5wd.png NZB3p5y.png 9lup5L3.pnglZ9hmNF.pnglZ9hmNF.png
All the dragons within my lair are named via Gregorian name generator. There's a site I go on that provides both real and fantasy names. I click until I find one I think would go good with the dragon, and that's it. :)

I imagine down the line I may make exceptions, especially as more "outside" dragons come in, but the main core of my lair consists of Gregorian dragons.
All the dragons within my lair are named via Gregorian name generator. There's a site I go on that provides both real and fantasy names. I click until I find one I think would go good with the dragon, and that's it. :)

I imagine down the line I may make exceptions, especially as more "outside" dragons come in, but the main core of my lair consists of Gregorian dragons.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8