Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you name your dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I normally just use whatever pops into my head first and matches the dragon's personality. It's always easier for me to decide how the dragon will act than what they will be called.
I normally just use whatever pops into my head first and matches the dragon's personality. It's always easier for me to decide how the dragon will act than what they will be called.
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif

[*] FR +0
[*] 80% gen 1 lair. Please send help, my wallet is dying.
[*] Stay safe out there people!

I have a fandom themed lair, so anything I intend to keep or have around for a long period of time is named something related to the fandom. Anything I'm not keeping, either dragons I'm selling or exalt fodder gets slapped with a name from the name generator or the first thing I can think of. I don't mind having silly names in my fodder breeders offspring lists XD
I have a fandom themed lair, so anything I intend to keep or have around for a long period of time is named something related to the fandom. Anything I'm not keeping, either dragons I'm selling or exalt fodder gets slapped with a name from the name generator or the first thing I can think of. I don't mind having silly names in my fodder breeders offspring lists XD
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
Usually the botanical names of flowers unless I can think of something better. :3
Usually the botanical names of flowers unless I can think of something better. :3
lik2pA1X.jpg
@Thriiller lmao I have Phlegethon XD I mated him to my random progen.

Anyways my dragons get named whatever comes to mind. Or come already named. Only one I'm having trouble naming is my handsome White/White/Crimson boy. Once he's genes and I manage to get a grey wolf cape I am going to lore him as a Viking Berserker...meaning I need an awesome viking sounding name XD
@Thriiller lmao I have Phlegethon XD I mated him to my random progen.

Anyways my dragons get named whatever comes to mind. Or come already named. Only one I'm having trouble naming is my handsome White/White/Crimson boy. Once he's genes and I manage to get a grey wolf cape I am going to lore him as a Viking Berserker...meaning I need an awesome viking sounding name XD
X0JktGl.png
@Thriiller

If i'm being quite honest, I mostly throw random syllables together and call it a day.
Or sometimes a dragon evokes a specific noun so I go ahead and use it, but mostly it's just random compound gibberish from me. Sorry bbies.
@Thriiller

If i'm being quite honest, I mostly throw random syllables together and call it a day.
Or sometimes a dragon evokes a specific noun so I go ahead and use it, but mostly it's just random compound gibberish from me. Sorry bbies.
tumblr_oav2zuZem41rop0uqo1_250.png +0 FRT | She/Her pronouns tumblr_oav2zuZem41rop0uqo2_250.png

I haven't started doing lore yet, but its probably just a matter of time.
Skydancers get French names, Nocturnes get German names, no other species is allowed in the lair at all except under perhaps very special circumstances.

I haven't started doing lore yet, but its probably just a matter of time.
Most of my dragons are named after mythological figures and creatures, stars, moons and other stellar objects. I found that wikipedia is a great help when it comes to finding names, because it has some neat lists. Just type in "list of jupiter's moons" for example, and there you go.

Some of my dragons are named after flowers (Lobelia, Hawthorn, Leadwort, Heather) that fit their primary colors (with the exception of Heather). Others have made up names, like Edrea, Asperitus or Heliopal. I actually thought that that word exists. It took me a year to find out that I had somehow mixed heliotrope with opal and yeah ... embarassing

Then there's a bunch of dragons that simply have names that I like, like Jill, Quinn or Horatius. They tend to be dragons that I find incredibly adorable. Also, some dragons are named after real life stuff, phenomena, whatever, like Breakwater or Frostbite, because it fits their character quite well.

And there are, of course, a handful of dragons named after Pokémon glitches.

The most important part when naming a dragon is, however, that I feel like the name fits the dragon. Sometimes a dragon goes unnamed for months because I can't decide on a name. It's like ... if I name my dragon Gabriel, I want them to look like a Gabriel. When I click on the dragon's profile and see the name, I want to think that yes, this is an excellent name; there is no other name for this dragon.
Most of my dragons are named after mythological figures and creatures, stars, moons and other stellar objects. I found that wikipedia is a great help when it comes to finding names, because it has some neat lists. Just type in "list of jupiter's moons" for example, and there you go.

Some of my dragons are named after flowers (Lobelia, Hawthorn, Leadwort, Heather) that fit their primary colors (with the exception of Heather). Others have made up names, like Edrea, Asperitus or Heliopal. I actually thought that that word exists. It took me a year to find out that I had somehow mixed heliotrope with opal and yeah ... embarassing

Then there's a bunch of dragons that simply have names that I like, like Jill, Quinn or Horatius. They tend to be dragons that I find incredibly adorable. Also, some dragons are named after real life stuff, phenomena, whatever, like Breakwater or Frostbite, because it fits their character quite well.

And there are, of course, a handful of dragons named after Pokémon glitches.

The most important part when naming a dragon is, however, that I feel like the name fits the dragon. Sometimes a dragon goes unnamed for months because I can't decide on a name. It's like ... if I name my dragon Gabriel, I want them to look like a Gabriel. When I click on the dragon's profile and see the name, I want to think that yes, this is an excellent name; there is no other name for this dragon.
iIrk1Wj.png
There's a trick to spotting who's named after what fandom I'm in:

- If the dragons are wearing Mechanojets, they're the Ala Rubra.
-- There are some other people from the same universe as the members of Ala Rubra in my lair; but you'd have to know the series on a very deep scale in order to spot them.
- Four of them are very important characters in a certain game I love to bits.
- Two of them are named after certain 'Warriors of Light'.
- One of them is named after my favorite FF7 character (have yet to find their mate. Ugh.)
- The others were just basically named on a whim, or when Random Names gave me something that sounded cool. Like Elderith.

The Storm Dancers I have are (mostly) named after alliterations and words that refer to their lore.
There's a trick to spotting who's named after what fandom I'm in:

- If the dragons are wearing Mechanojets, they're the Ala Rubra.
-- There are some other people from the same universe as the members of Ala Rubra in my lair; but you'd have to know the series on a very deep scale in order to spot them.
- Four of them are very important characters in a certain game I love to bits.
- Two of them are named after certain 'Warriors of Light'.
- One of them is named after my favorite FF7 character (have yet to find their mate. Ugh.)
- The others were just basically named on a whim, or when Random Names gave me something that sounded cool. Like Elderith.

The Storm Dancers I have are (mostly) named after alliterations and words that refer to their lore.
i sorta just wait until i think of something that fits. that's why some of the dragons in my lair are still unnamed OTL
i sorta just wait until i think of something that fits. that's why some of the dragons in my lair are still unnamed OTL
Mine is completely random for the most part. I've gone more to naming them after characters in other things recently, but here's the different ways:

Came already named - Torrent, Kaisenna, etc
From the generator - Dahaki, Delphiki, etc
Named after charries - So many... Inigo, Reyson, Vyse, Ren etc
Named after fictional things - Zydrate, Chronos, Pern etc
Named after games - Xillia
Named after other languages for things - Obelia, Xanthia, etc
Named after OCs - Arrenzo, Cyanthia, etc
Named after pets - Devlin, Fina, etc
Named after me - Zenelle

I think that's all my ways. I might be missing some, though...
Mine is completely random for the most part. I've gone more to naming them after characters in other things recently, but here's the different ways:

Came already named - Torrent, Kaisenna, etc
From the generator - Dahaki, Delphiki, etc
Named after charries - So many... Inigo, Reyson, Vyse, Ren etc
Named after fictional things - Zydrate, Chronos, Pern etc
Named after games - Xillia
Named after other languages for things - Obelia, Xanthia, etc
Named after OCs - Arrenzo, Cyanthia, etc
Named after pets - Devlin, Fina, etc
Named after me - Zenelle

I think that's all my ways. I might be missing some, though...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8