Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you name your dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aside from my character fan-dragons, I either go with names I like (ie. Odette, Durga) or names from my favorite series (ie. Wagamama from PMMM, Ragrima from witch100). :0
Aside from my character fan-dragons, I either go with names I like (ie. Odette, Durga) or names from my favorite series (ie. Wagamama from PMMM, Ragrima from witch100). :0
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Latin. Lots and lots of Latin. For fodder, I give ice-themed names or names that sound nice with their parents.
Latin. Lots and lots of Latin. For fodder, I give ice-themed names or names that sound nice with their parents.
more permas in my hibden!
fandragon list
i use behindthename.com and a few other name websites to look for names with meanings fitting my dragons! :D

and for fodder names i like to go with gemstone names (because i'm earth flight) or names of objects in space (because i'm an astronomy major and a huge f---ing space nerd).
i use behindthename.com and a few other name websites to look for names with meanings fitting my dragons! :D

and for fodder names i like to go with gemstone names (because i'm earth flight) or names of objects in space (because i'm an astronomy major and a huge f---ing space nerd).
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
With names like Akrihin, Takahra or Fukhar, it's mostly draconic inspiration and a whole lot of [img]http://i.imgur.com/duNfIe0.jpg[/img]
With names like Akrihin, Takahra or Fukhar, it's mostly draconic inspiration and a whole lot of

duNfIe0.jpg
h
Whatever I feel like at the time or what the dragon looks like that is related to something I like or know of.

So nothing really specific at all xD I love when I see naming-themes in lairs - I personally wish I could keep up with something like that!
Whatever I feel like at the time or what the dragon looks like that is related to something I like or know of.

So nothing really specific at all xD I love when I see naming-themes in lairs - I personally wish I could keep up with something like that!
yzUX307.png
I do one of multiple things! I keep a note in my phone of dragon names I would like to use, and usually refer to it when I get a new dragon.
I get names either by looking up words/names in other languages, naming after book/movie characters, or other references. For instance, the greek muses, or video game characters.
It varies a lot!
And finally, a few of my dragon names I simply made up. (Lavretti and Koiso)
I do one of multiple things! I keep a note in my phone of dragon names I would like to use, and usually refer to it when I get a new dragon.
I get names either by looking up words/names in other languages, naming after book/movie characters, or other references. For instance, the greek muses, or video game characters.
It varies a lot!
And finally, a few of my dragon names I simply made up. (Lavretti and Koiso)
mtHAEL4.png
i1iQAE3.png
BT1N47G.png
sQMcqHN.png
WQA384m.png
WKtl2lb.png
iMR0GJ0.png
JvUa9ma.png
I name my dragons after seeds, plants, flowers, fruits etc. While my clan resides in the Earth Region, the clan leaders are Nature and still keep the Gladekeeper in high regard. In honour of Nature, they choose to name their members after the 'fruits of life'
I name my dragons after seeds, plants, flowers, fruits etc. While my clan resides in the Earth Region, the clan leaders are Nature and still keep the Gladekeeper in high regard. In honour of Nature, they choose to name their members after the 'fruits of life'
Most of my names are just combinations of sounds that I think sound nice at the time or that I feel fit the dragon. Some of them are actually real things that I've mushed into fake names. My two seafoam coatls are named after cities that received media attention for massive buildups of seafoam on their coasts, and my plague ambassador is literally named for the scientific name of the plague. Some are weird mashups, like Cayvero (my beach dragon) is just Cay (as in the Keys) and Vero Beach, which end up sounding kinda fake.

Oh, but there is one theme. My progen is named Unavek, and all of his offspring have numerical names. The second generation was Dosima and Bidamel, the third generation had Triston, etc... It's very silly. The goal is to eventually get to generations 8 and 9 (Octavius and Nonavel, respectively).
Most of my names are just combinations of sounds that I think sound nice at the time or that I feel fit the dragon. Some of them are actually real things that I've mushed into fake names. My two seafoam coatls are named after cities that received media attention for massive buildups of seafoam on their coasts, and my plague ambassador is literally named for the scientific name of the plague. Some are weird mashups, like Cayvero (my beach dragon) is just Cay (as in the Keys) and Vero Beach, which end up sounding kinda fake.

Oh, but there is one theme. My progen is named Unavek, and all of his offspring have numerical names. The second generation was Dosima and Bidamel, the third generation had Triston, etc... It's very silly. The goal is to eventually get to generations 8 and 9 (Octavius and Nonavel, respectively).
@Thriiller
I googled a random noun generator. And I've recently looked up a random adjective generator too.
Some of my more interesting named dragons get their 'heir' named after them in a similar fashion.

For example: SavorySweater is the daughter of MagicSweater. I had a lineage of dragons starting with 'MassHugger' that expanded into other positive cuddly synonyms. (MassCuddler, MassHuggler, MassNuzzler, MassSnurgler,) and one of the branches of that lineage is starting with 'HugAddict'

It's most fun to use two nouns/noun & adjective with same first letters to create a funky Aliteration. SoySoftware, for example.

@Thriiller
I googled a random noun generator. And I've recently looked up a random adjective generator too.
Some of my more interesting named dragons get their 'heir' named after them in a similar fashion.

For example: SavorySweater is the daughter of MagicSweater. I had a lineage of dragons starting with 'MassHugger' that expanded into other positive cuddly synonyms. (MassCuddler, MassHuggler, MassNuzzler, MassSnurgler,) and one of the branches of that lineage is starting with 'HugAddict'

It's most fun to use two nouns/noun & adjective with same first letters to create a funky Aliteration. SoySoftware, for example.

84si1j.png
for me-- whatever inspires me at the moment.. or how the dragon looks
im also inspired by things i watch at the time with shows
for me-- whatever inspires me at the moment.. or how the dragon looks
im also inspired by things i watch at the time with shows
TURNIP
ne6Lok5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8