Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
@Toyoll

Morgana blinked at the sudden onslaught of flames. Well...there's karma for you, she supposed...

She managed a nervous smile, deciding it was best to act like she didn't notice. "I-I suppose rats will do...what sort are they? I'm afraid I don't get out of the Wastelands very much, and, well, to tell the truth..."

She leaned in a bit closer. "I run an inn down by the Boneyard, and most of our guests are starting to kick up a fuss about all the Plague-born meat and such. Understandable, of course, with all the disease and whatnot, but it does make hunting a bit of an issue. I figure something that's clearly not from the Wastelands might quiet them down a bit."
@Toyoll

Morgana blinked at the sudden onslaught of flames. Well...there's karma for you, she supposed...

She managed a nervous smile, deciding it was best to act like she didn't notice. "I-I suppose rats will do...what sort are they? I'm afraid I don't get out of the Wastelands very much, and, well, to tell the truth..."

She leaned in a bit closer. "I run an inn down by the Boneyard, and most of our guests are starting to kick up a fuss about all the Plague-born meat and such. Understandable, of course, with all the disease and whatnot, but it does make hunting a bit of an issue. I figure something that's clearly not from the Wastelands might quiet them down a bit."
gqS46t9.png
@FelisLynx

Little Tigre turned his head looking to the Light Skydancer with wide magenta eyes. "Hey Gabi..." he whispered.

"What Tigre?" the lavender Skydancer asked, folding her obsidian wings over her back. She then fluffed her feathers and looked to where he was pointing and spotted the other skydancer. Younger than herself and very bright. "Oh, yes that is another female of the same breed. Don't stare though, that's fairly rude." she said and snickered.

"Sorry, I just thought she was pretty." he said and wiggled in place.

"So tell her, not me ya silly hatchie." she smiled and walked over to the other. "You seem out of sorts, is everything alright?" Gabrielle asked.

"Hi!" Tigre said and smiled. "You're real pretty miss."
@FelisLynx

Little Tigre turned his head looking to the Light Skydancer with wide magenta eyes. "Hey Gabi..." he whispered.

"What Tigre?" the lavender Skydancer asked, folding her obsidian wings over her back. She then fluffed her feathers and looked to where he was pointing and spotted the other skydancer. Younger than herself and very bright. "Oh, yes that is another female of the same breed. Don't stare though, that's fairly rude." she said and snickered.

"Sorry, I just thought she was pretty." he said and wiggled in place.

"So tell her, not me ya silly hatchie." she smiled and walked over to the other. "You seem out of sorts, is everything alright?" Gabrielle asked.

"Hi!" Tigre said and smiled. "You're real pretty miss."
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.giftumblr_inline_ou0gs5wQuG1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_ns8ev1Q4Fx1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_owkwhoE5f51u26x8a_540.pngtumblr_inline_otxcehAeKa1t6xugg_540.pngtumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.gif
@EnvySenpai

Solaris was shocked out of her musings by two dragons, a Skydancer and a hatchling, and she was left fumbling. Blinking and regaining her composure, she turned to the two that addressed her and smiled.

"Ah, thank you for the compliment, little one! But yes I am in a bit of a pickle. You see, I am terribly lost and was thinking of investing in a map. Do you have any idea where I may find one in the stalls? I would greatly appreciate it." She blinked at the two hopefully.
@EnvySenpai

Solaris was shocked out of her musings by two dragons, a Skydancer and a hatchling, and she was left fumbling. Blinking and regaining her composure, she turned to the two that addressed her and smiled.

"Ah, thank you for the compliment, little one! But yes I am in a bit of a pickle. You see, I am terribly lost and was thinking of investing in a map. Do you have any idea where I may find one in the stalls? I would greatly appreciate it." She blinked at the two hopefully.
@FelisLynx

Gabrielle smiled and said, "Well we just got here ourselves, but I think one of the stalls must have a map. After all it would be odd not to have one."

"We could go look together." Tigre pipped and smiled at her. "Wouldn't want ya wandering alone."

"Tigre..."
"What? I'm being nice."
"..."
"Gabi..."
"Hatchie... yer gonna kill me with those big sad eyes." she chuckled. "Yeah we can look together if you want some company." Gabi said and relaxed her posture.

Tigre wiggling some. "Besides it's fun to meet new dragons."
@FelisLynx

Gabrielle smiled and said, "Well we just got here ourselves, but I think one of the stalls must have a map. After all it would be odd not to have one."

"We could go look together." Tigre pipped and smiled at her. "Wouldn't want ya wandering alone."

"Tigre..."
"What? I'm being nice."
"..."
"Gabi..."
"Hatchie... yer gonna kill me with those big sad eyes." she chuckled. "Yeah we can look together if you want some company." Gabi said and relaxed her posture.

Tigre wiggling some. "Besides it's fun to meet new dragons."
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.giftumblr_inline_ou0gs5wQuG1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_ns8ev1Q4Fx1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_owkwhoE5f51u26x8a_540.pngtumblr_inline_otxcehAeKa1t6xugg_540.pngtumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.gif
@EnvySenpai

Solaris couldn't help but chuckle at the younger dragon, turning to his older companion with a smile. Traversing the market here wouldn't be that bad with those to along, and so she nodded to accept their offer.

"Thank you so much! My name is Solaris, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances." Looking back around at the stalls with wonder again she couldn't help but want to explore. It was like she was a hatchling again, excited at everything in the world around her. "I wonder which stall has it..." Turning back to her newfound companions, she gestured to the stalls.
@EnvySenpai

Solaris couldn't help but chuckle at the younger dragon, turning to his older companion with a smile. Traversing the market here wouldn't be that bad with those to along, and so she nodded to accept their offer.

"Thank you so much! My name is Solaris, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances." Looking back around at the stalls with wonder again she couldn't help but want to explore. It was like she was a hatchling again, excited at everything in the world around her. "I wonder which stall has it..." Turning back to her newfound companions, she gestured to the stalls.
@Stanzascale

(Sorry for the delay! Work got absolutely batty for a few days.)

Zyddir pursed his lips, contemplating, "Hmmm...I don't rightly know, my dear!" He scratched his sparkling chin then shrugged, his large wings almost buffeting the smaller dragon, "It seems like a question for the Bosslady."

The Ridgeback grinned suddenly, flashing pearly-white fangs, "But I suppose you can ask Madame Tenebrae to start with!" He bowed toward the Imperial with a flourish. She scowled, "Oh, you spoil-sport! You caught me this time...", the eccentric old drakka made an I-got-my-eye-on-you gesture before approaching her two guests with a tray. She set down a plate of crackers, honeyed baked ants piled neatly on each one. The sweet and slightly citrous flavour of the dish accented with a single, fresh mint leaf. On the side of the plate was a brightly coloured bruschetta, it smelled light and crisp, with only a touch of heat.

As for Zyddir, he was given a plate of open half-shell oysters, seasoned with lemon and lime juice with a few cracks of black pepper. A simple meal, but one that was greatly appreciated. The crystaline drake immediately threw back two of the molluscs with much enthusiasm before politely dabbing his maw with a (rather small) napkin.
@Stanzascale

(Sorry for the delay! Work got absolutely batty for a few days.)

Zyddir pursed his lips, contemplating, "Hmmm...I don't rightly know, my dear!" He scratched his sparkling chin then shrugged, his large wings almost buffeting the smaller dragon, "It seems like a question for the Bosslady."

The Ridgeback grinned suddenly, flashing pearly-white fangs, "But I suppose you can ask Madame Tenebrae to start with!" He bowed toward the Imperial with a flourish. She scowled, "Oh, you spoil-sport! You caught me this time...", the eccentric old drakka made an I-got-my-eye-on-you gesture before approaching her two guests with a tray. She set down a plate of crackers, honeyed baked ants piled neatly on each one. The sweet and slightly citrous flavour of the dish accented with a single, fresh mint leaf. On the side of the plate was a brightly coloured bruschetta, it smelled light and crisp, with only a touch of heat.

As for Zyddir, he was given a plate of open half-shell oysters, seasoned with lemon and lime juice with a few cracks of black pepper. A simple meal, but one that was greatly appreciated. The crystaline drake immediately threw back two of the molluscs with much enthusiasm before politely dabbing his maw with a (rather small) napkin.
@Losiana

(My apologies for the delay! Work was absolutely chaotic these last few days!)

The little Spiral hatchling broke into a wide grin, suddenly bashful, "Hello!", she squeaked, "I'm Madrigal, but you can call me Maddy." Just then, one of her sibling crashed into her, completely oblivious in his ruckus. There was the briefest altercation between the two, snapping at air and squealing indignantly before Maddy's brother flew back into the fray, tackling another hatchling. The little white Spiral's ears flattened, embarrassed, and, in a small voice, said, "I would really like to draw..."

With a little hesitation, the little dragon, still not quite able to fly just yet, crawled to the edge of the table and carefully let herself down, landing in a coil on the floor. She then waddled over to Alhildr's chair and clambered onto the elder Snapper's table. Maddy sniffed at the plate of crumpets, but managed to restrain herself. She muttered a quiet "Thank you" before plopping down with the paper and charcoal and began to scribble on the page, humming tunelessly to herself with a smile on her lips.

It did not take long, however, for the rest of the brood to start to notice their sister across the way. They all began to chirp and cheep in protest, wanting to join the fun.
@Losiana

(My apologies for the delay! Work was absolutely chaotic these last few days!)

The little Spiral hatchling broke into a wide grin, suddenly bashful, "Hello!", she squeaked, "I'm Madrigal, but you can call me Maddy." Just then, one of her sibling crashed into her, completely oblivious in his ruckus. There was the briefest altercation between the two, snapping at air and squealing indignantly before Maddy's brother flew back into the fray, tackling another hatchling. The little white Spiral's ears flattened, embarrassed, and, in a small voice, said, "I would really like to draw..."

With a little hesitation, the little dragon, still not quite able to fly just yet, crawled to the edge of the table and carefully let herself down, landing in a coil on the floor. She then waddled over to Alhildr's chair and clambered onto the elder Snapper's table. Maddy sniffed at the plate of crumpets, but managed to restrain herself. She muttered a quiet "Thank you" before plopping down with the paper and charcoal and began to scribble on the page, humming tunelessly to herself with a smile on her lips.

It did not take long, however, for the rest of the brood to start to notice their sister across the way. They all began to chirp and cheep in protest, wanting to join the fun.
@ShoggyDancer

(Sorry for the delay! Work got a little out of hand these last few days!)

"Is that so, Lady Mirror?" said the Guardian with a slanted smile. He had seen many such solicitors come and go from the Black Bog trading post. Each had brought with them promises of partnerships and exclusive rights to this and that. Rhizanthel would listen to their proposals, her tail lashing evermore fiercely as she grew bored and disinterested. When it was clear that the other dragon had nothing worth her time, the obsidian Matriarch would often chase them out herself with snapping teeth and deep snarls.

The male glanced over this unassuming black drakka. Her violet plumes on beaded string and her mist-coloured cowl didn't impress him much, only her finely-wrought copper bracelet hinted at what riches she might lay claim to. The shimmering male tucked in his wings and dipped his head politely, "In that case, Madam, I would be honoured to take you to Matriarch Rhizanthel. My name is Korrik, your ladyship."

He stepped aside, waiting for the smaller dragon to move, "I'm afraid the Matriarch is often busy at this time of day and finding her can occasionally be difficult."
@ShoggyDancer

(Sorry for the delay! Work got a little out of hand these last few days!)

"Is that so, Lady Mirror?" said the Guardian with a slanted smile. He had seen many such solicitors come and go from the Black Bog trading post. Each had brought with them promises of partnerships and exclusive rights to this and that. Rhizanthel would listen to their proposals, her tail lashing evermore fiercely as she grew bored and disinterested. When it was clear that the other dragon had nothing worth her time, the obsidian Matriarch would often chase them out herself with snapping teeth and deep snarls.

The male glanced over this unassuming black drakka. Her violet plumes on beaded string and her mist-coloured cowl didn't impress him much, only her finely-wrought copper bracelet hinted at what riches she might lay claim to. The shimmering male tucked in his wings and dipped his head politely, "In that case, Madam, I would be honoured to take you to Matriarch Rhizanthel. My name is Korrik, your ladyship."

He stepped aside, waiting for the smaller dragon to move, "I'm afraid the Matriarch is often busy at this time of day and finding her can occasionally be difficult."
@RamshackleInn

(Sorry for the delay! Work got away from me these last days!)

Trinmaw clicked her large, curved talon on the ground, "Hmmmm...", she growled, "Well, most of what I have here would be hard t'find in th' Boneyard." The Wildclaw looked over her stock pointing to each cutlet and steak in turn, "We have swimming anoles on sticks, brown bats and even black capped chickadees (those little nibblets are hard to catch!), but I do think the duskrats might suit you." Trinmaw then turned toward a large stack of traps and cages behind her, each held any number of game animals. Truthfully, the huntress didn't care to have her stock locked up like this, it wasn't exactly sporting.

She glanced over the cages, looking for the rats. Her snowy wolf familiar looked up at her from his little corner beneath the stall, tilting his head curiously at her. Trinmaw smiled at him, patting her friend on the head before picking up a small trap with a victorious exclamation. The dark-scaled female then returned to the counter with a cage full of tenebrous little rodents, fat and squirming, their black fur slashed with brightly-coloured stripes that glowed a faint blue light. Trinmaw smiled toothily, "Duskrats.", she stated, "Quite dramatic-looking little beasties."
@RamshackleInn

(Sorry for the delay! Work got away from me these last days!)

Trinmaw clicked her large, curved talon on the ground, "Hmmmm...", she growled, "Well, most of what I have here would be hard t'find in th' Boneyard." The Wildclaw looked over her stock pointing to each cutlet and steak in turn, "We have swimming anoles on sticks, brown bats and even black capped chickadees (those little nibblets are hard to catch!), but I do think the duskrats might suit you." Trinmaw then turned toward a large stack of traps and cages behind her, each held any number of game animals. Truthfully, the huntress didn't care to have her stock locked up like this, it wasn't exactly sporting.

She glanced over the cages, looking for the rats. Her snowy wolf familiar looked up at her from his little corner beneath the stall, tilting his head curiously at her. Trinmaw smiled at him, patting her friend on the head before picking up a small trap with a victorious exclamation. The dark-scaled female then returned to the counter with a cage full of tenebrous little rodents, fat and squirming, their black fur slashed with brightly-coloured stripes that glowed a faint blue light. Trinmaw smiled toothily, "Duskrats.", she stated, "Quite dramatic-looking little beasties."

(( @EnvySenpai @FelisLynx , if you need an NPC, just ping me! I'll set one up for you!))

(( @EnvySenpai @FelisLynx , if you need an NPC, just ping me! I'll set one up for you!))
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17