Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | +~ [PWYW] breeding PLANNING service
1 2 3 4 5 6
@tserin i'm not sure if this is going to be a disappointment or a delight, but since you're willing to breedchange to gaoler.....this is going to be shockingly easy.

like, two pairs easy.

purchase the following dragons:
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85443615
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85570141
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85518080
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85735487

you'll notice one of them is in my lair. she was up for fodder price (5g), and was so close to perfect i snagged her on instinct. i'll send you a PA in a moment.

pair up:

the IMPERIAL and GUARDIAN

FEDERIC and the NOCTURNE

the four dragons are not related to each other, so with a little patience (and probably some tundra scrolls or something to speed things up), you'll have your hatchery pair in no time.

under the circumstances, i'm not sure if a spreadsheet is Necessary for this particular project, but i'll send you a copy anyway - i'm sure you can make use of it for future projects if nothing else.
@tserin i'm not sure if this is going to be a disappointment or a delight, but since you're willing to breedchange to gaoler.....this is going to be shockingly easy.

like, two pairs easy.

purchase the following dragons:
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85443615
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85570141
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85518080
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85735487

you'll notice one of them is in my lair. she was up for fodder price (5g), and was so close to perfect i snagged her on instinct. i'll send you a PA in a moment.

pair up:

the IMPERIAL and GUARDIAN

FEDERIC and the NOCTURNE

the four dragons are not related to each other, so with a little patience (and probably some tundra scrolls or something to speed things up), you'll have your hatchery pair in no time.

under the circumstances, i'm not sure if a spreadsheet is Necessary for this particular project, but i'll send you a copy anyway - i'm sure you can make use of it for future projects if nothing else.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
Hah, that's really convenient actually. Thank you so much!
Hah, that's really convenient actually. Thank you so much!
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@bashett i'm going to bed after i post this so don't feel rushed

i took a quick look at the possible dragons for your project and this looks like it's going to be....a little challenging for a first project.

it will be made much eaiser by the fact that you're breeding only for colours. being able to ignore genes and breed entirely will simplify matters.

to explain a couple of things:

i know it's linked in my first post, but i am going to once again point you to the pyramid method. specifically in this case, the recommendation for 8 pairs:
Quote:
Great-great-grandparents (8 pairs):
Ideal dragons are at most 20 colours off of the goal. A little further is tolerable, but not ideal, especially if all 3 colours are further.

many of the dragons i'm seeing at a first glance fall within that, so 8 pairs looks completely feasible.

you said you're not sure how the budget works. my advice hinges on you buying the dragons i tell you to (or giving me funds to do the buying for you), so i need to know how much money you have to work with. for some folk, paying 100g+ for several dragons is fine if it means the project goes quicker. for others, that's just too expensive.

i usually do a quick AH search with no price restrictions to see if there are any excellent (3-off at most) dragons in the range. in most projects, i never find any.

i divide the budget (in this case 500g) by the number of dragons i expect to buy (16), and then double the result, and then round up the double to the nearest round number.

so, in this case, i'd do:
Quote:
500 / 16 = 31.25

31.25 * 2 = 62.5

round up to nearest round number = 70

so that's what goes into the AH price filter: 70g max, and 70kt max.

usually, many of the dragons i find are be below the initial number (31g) and that leaves room in the budget for more expensive dragons.

when i've found pairs, i use a calculator to see if the total cost is in budget. most of the time, it is and nothing needs to change.

if you ask for the dragon shopping service: you send the maximum amount of money you'd be willing to spend on the project (your full budget) to me via one-way crossroad.

i will accept this crossroad near the BEGINNING of working on your project. it can take me hours to put everything together, and if you spend money in that time, it can cause the crossroad to bug out and make it impossible for me to accept, which will mean i can't buy any dragons at all. this will make the whole thing take longer.

i only do the actual buying once i'm confident all the pairs are good, AND they're within budget, AND none of them are related.

i put instructions in their bios (details will vary by requester needs) and send them all to you. also whatever money remains of your budget.

this shortens the amount of time between me seeing the dragons as useful and the dragons becoming yours, so the risk of them selling is lower.

it does require an amount of trust. you are sending me your money, after all, on the promise you'll get dragons for it (and some of it back, probably) later on.

let me know if you have any more questions.

i'm going to bed, and will start your project some time in the morning. if you still want me to shop for you, send your full budget via crossroad. if you've changed your mind about that, let me know, and i can simply give you a list of dragons to buy.

@bashett i'm going to bed after i post this so don't feel rushed

i took a quick look at the possible dragons for your project and this looks like it's going to be....a little challenging for a first project.

it will be made much eaiser by the fact that you're breeding only for colours. being able to ignore genes and breed entirely will simplify matters.

to explain a couple of things:

i know it's linked in my first post, but i am going to once again point you to the pyramid method. specifically in this case, the recommendation for 8 pairs:
Quote:
Great-great-grandparents (8 pairs):
Ideal dragons are at most 20 colours off of the goal. A little further is tolerable, but not ideal, especially if all 3 colours are further.

many of the dragons i'm seeing at a first glance fall within that, so 8 pairs looks completely feasible.

you said you're not sure how the budget works. my advice hinges on you buying the dragons i tell you to (or giving me funds to do the buying for you), so i need to know how much money you have to work with. for some folk, paying 100g+ for several dragons is fine if it means the project goes quicker. for others, that's just too expensive.

i usually do a quick AH search with no price restrictions to see if there are any excellent (3-off at most) dragons in the range. in most projects, i never find any.

i divide the budget (in this case 500g) by the number of dragons i expect to buy (16), and then double the result, and then round up the double to the nearest round number.

so, in this case, i'd do:
Quote:
500 / 16 = 31.25

31.25 * 2 = 62.5

round up to nearest round number = 70

so that's what goes into the AH price filter: 70g max, and 70kt max.

usually, many of the dragons i find are be below the initial number (31g) and that leaves room in the budget for more expensive dragons.

when i've found pairs, i use a calculator to see if the total cost is in budget. most of the time, it is and nothing needs to change.

if you ask for the dragon shopping service: you send the maximum amount of money you'd be willing to spend on the project (your full budget) to me via one-way crossroad.

i will accept this crossroad near the BEGINNING of working on your project. it can take me hours to put everything together, and if you spend money in that time, it can cause the crossroad to bug out and make it impossible for me to accept, which will mean i can't buy any dragons at all. this will make the whole thing take longer.

i only do the actual buying once i'm confident all the pairs are good, AND they're within budget, AND none of them are related.

i put instructions in their bios (details will vary by requester needs) and send them all to you. also whatever money remains of your budget.

this shortens the amount of time between me seeing the dragons as useful and the dragons becoming yours, so the risk of them selling is lower.

it does require an amount of trust. you are sending me your money, after all, on the promise you'll get dragons for it (and some of it back, probably) later on.

let me know if you have any more questions.

i'm going to bed, and will start your project some time in the morning. if you still want me to shop for you, send your full budget via crossroad. if you've changed your mind about that, let me know, and i can simply give you a list of dragons to buy.

@Antimoany

Thank you so much! Sending full budget!
@Antimoany

Thank you so much! Sending full budget!
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
@Antimoany thank you so much this is perfect! Of my other project, let me reestablish my end goals and gather my progressed dragons and I'll absolutely be getting back to you!

Thank you so much for your help, I'll be sending you a one way cr with your tip next!

---
eta: so, I'm noticing a more precise idea of where I left off this breeding. In short, it's mostly a bunch of interrelated single dragon projects for subspecies breeding. I realized halfway through one of them that my tertiary range was off for the subspecies and now I have babies that might be progress but also may not be. I don't have the lair space to buy and house every pair I would need for all of these. The end goal was originally 8 pairs for each of two subspecies so I was trying to reuse dragons down the rarity line as much as possible, so after letting this go for a while without working on it, I'm hesitant to just exalt any ol' baby for fodder
@Antimoany thank you so much this is perfect! Of my other project, let me reestablish my end goals and gather my progressed dragons and I'll absolutely be getting back to you!

Thank you so much for your help, I'll be sending you a one way cr with your tip next!

---
eta: so, I'm noticing a more precise idea of where I left off this breeding. In short, it's mostly a bunch of interrelated single dragon projects for subspecies breeding. I realized halfway through one of them that my tertiary range was off for the subspecies and now I have babies that might be progress but also may not be. I don't have the lair space to buy and house every pair I would need for all of these. The end goal was originally 8 pairs for each of two subspecies so I was trying to reuse dragons down the rarity line as much as possible, so after letting this go for a while without working on it, I'm hesitant to just exalt any ol' baby for fodder
a7fbee3b-d28b-4a97-96f2-0759511f331b2.png
dT9HQge.png
mlHpBMC.png
Jd88XNq.png
arcane.gif 345xcmolg7w.png _____________________m99z0pU.png

@bashett i had this project finished hours ago and then my internet cut off, sorry for the wait. i spent [b]215g[/b]. this range is really weird, dragons are either fodder cheap or very pricey with little middleground. three of your dragons are G1, which is always the sign of a project for an unpopular colour combo. your dragons are on their way shortly, and have instructions on how to breed them in their bios! here's a visual reference: [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1096786563972730961/1100205619874644021/bashett.png][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1096786563972730961/1100205619874644021/bashett.png[/img][/url] (big image, click for full-size) [quote]INTERPERETING THESE INSTRUCTIONS: the hatchlings shown represent the best possible outcome of each pair, and should not be viewed as exact goals. your goal is the [b]acceptable outcome[/b]: any offspring that meets all three parameters is worth keeping. for this project, "any" colour means it doesn't matter and you can ignore it. this is because the range is quite close so it's not worth being fussy about at this generation.[/quote] [b]suggested second-generation pairs might not work[/b] depending on exactly what those dragons look like. to assess the range between two colours, you can use any of the following tools: [url=http://fr.jithee.name/]jithee's breeding tool[/url], which won't show you the range but will tell you the odds of two dragons producing a defined goal (0% means impossible, at least one range doesn't include the goal at all). you can ignore the gene and breed info at the top and only fill in the colours at the bottom. [url=http://fr.fintastic.net/]colour visualisation tool[/url] shows you the range between two colours or you can just look at this square, which i made because i find it more convenient: [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1096786563972730961/1100207376390434866/colour_square.png][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1096786563972730961/1100207376390434866/colour_square.png[/img][/url] [b]pay attention to how the colours wrap[/b]. maize, cream, and antique appear at the end of the square below pearl, AND at the beginning of the square where they normally belong. if you have the funds, you may find it helpful to turn some of the rare breeds (yom the nocturne, and maybe open, creamsicle, gratul, and manikya too) into [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=17]plentifuls[/url] so they'll have a shorter breeding cooldown. if you plan to do this, remember to do it BEFORE you breed them! i will point you to ganondorf's post on [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512#post_37684945]the pyramid method[/url], because i think they explain most things better than i could. that said, if you do have questions, ask.
@bashett i had this project finished hours ago and then my internet cut off, sorry for the wait.

i spent 215g. this range is really weird, dragons are either fodder cheap or very pricey with little middleground. three of your dragons are G1, which is always the sign of a project for an unpopular colour combo.

your dragons are on their way shortly, and have instructions on how to breed them in their bios!

here's a visual reference:
bashett.png
(big image, click for full-size)
Quote:
INTERPERETING THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

the hatchlings shown represent the best possible outcome of each pair, and should not be viewed as exact goals. your goal is the acceptable outcome: any offspring that meets all three parameters is worth keeping.

for this project, "any" colour means it doesn't matter and you can ignore it. this is because the range is quite close so it's not worth being fussy about at this generation.

suggested second-generation pairs might not work depending on exactly what those dragons look like. to assess the range between two colours, you can use any of the following tools:

jithee's breeding tool, which won't show you the range but will tell you the odds of two dragons producing a defined goal (0% means impossible, at least one range doesn't include the goal at all). you can ignore the gene and breed info at the top and only fill in the colours at the bottom.

colour visualisation tool shows you the range between two colours

or you can just look at this square, which i made because i find it more convenient:
colour_square.png
pay attention to how the colours wrap. maize, cream, and antique appear at the end of the square below pearl, AND at the beginning of the square where they normally belong.

if you have the funds, you may find it helpful to turn some of the rare breeds (yom the nocturne, and maybe open, creamsicle, gratul, and manikya too) into plentifuls so they'll have a shorter breeding cooldown. if you plan to do this, remember to do it BEFORE you breed them!

i will point you to ganondorf's post on the pyramid method, because i think they explain most things better than i could.

that said, if you do have questions, ask.

@Antimoany
Oh my goddess thank you so much!!
I have had this scry since the undertides came out as a breed
But I never found dragons on the AH with those colors
Thanks to you I will be able to get them!!

Please let me know if you have a wishlist ;v; <3
@Antimoany
Oh my goddess thank you so much!!
I have had this scry since the undertides came out as a breed
But I never found dragons on the AH with those colors
Thanks to you I will be able to get them!!

Please let me know if you have a wishlist ;v; <3
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
@bashett i'm glad you found it helpful! good luck! i don't really have a formal wishlist (and i probably should, this is the second time i've been asked lately) but a brief list of items i'm always happy to recieve: [quote][b]food, especially MEAT[/b] (i don't coli) [item=rusted treasure chest] [item=iron treasure chest] [item=gilded decorative chest] [item=broken bottle] any baldwin slop, especially [b]muck[/b] or [b]slime[/b] [item=antique claw]any colour, but especially antique [item=marva's invisibility cloak] [item=golden roundhorn][item=pale roundhorn][item=onyx roundhorn]any colour, but especially these [b]nature[/b] festival apparel from any year, i always want more of all of it. [b]any[/b] apparel that puts [b]flowers or plants[/b] on the dragon. any [b]reptile[/b] or [b]amphibian[/b] companion/friend apparel [item=well-to-do sable gloves][item=well-to-do sable spats][item=well-to-do cane]in [b]any[/b] colour [item=florid ring][item=florid spats][item=florid cane]any colour, but these are my favourite [item=hazel harvest tail twist] [item=hazel harvest bracelet]any colour anything from any [b]carousel[/b] set [/quote] thank you for asking!
@bashett i'm glad you found it helpful! good luck!

i don't really have a formal wishlist (and i probably should, this is the second time i've been asked lately) but a brief list of items i'm always happy to recieve:
Quote:
food, especially MEAT (i don't coli)

Rusted Treasure Chest Iron Treasure Chest Gilded Decorative Chest Broken Bottle

any baldwin slop, especially muck or slime

Antique Claw any colour, but especially antique
Marva's Invisibility Cloak
Golden Roundhorn Pale Roundhorn Onyx Roundhorn any colour, but especially these

nature festival apparel from any year, i always want more of all of it.

any apparel that puts flowers or plants on the dragon.

any reptile or amphibian companion/friend apparel

Well-to-do Sable Gloves Well-to-do Sable Spats in any colour

Florid Ring Florid Spats Florid Cane any colour, but these are my favourite

Hazel Harvest Tail Twist Hazel Harvest Bracelet any colour

anything from any carousel set

thank you for asking!
@bearskull another one that's much easier than i ever expected!

kind of. you will be buying those gaoler scrolls, but this is probably cheaper anyway.

purchase these two:
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82470343
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85311280

i'm sure you don't need me to explain what to do once you have them. good luck!

since it's just the two dragons, i encourage you to assay bloodlines them against your own before buying. i did it myself, but it'll only take you a minute to be safe.

i'll send you the spreadsheet in a mo, i'm sure you'll get some use out of it with a more challenging project.

(let me know if i misunderstood?)

@bearskull another one that's much easier than i ever expected!

kind of. you will be buying those gaoler scrolls, but this is probably cheaper anyway.

purchase these two:
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82470343
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85311280

i'm sure you don't need me to explain what to do once you have them. good luck!

since it's just the two dragons, i encourage you to assay bloodlines them against your own before buying. i did it myself, but it'll only take you a minute to be safe.

i'll send you the spreadsheet in a mo, i'm sure you'll get some use out of it with a more challenging project.

(let me know if i misunderstood?)

@Antimoany

Well that was much easier than expected! I was having trouble finding Orca/Sang/x or Orca/x/Sang so I figured I'd try out your service, but I'm not going to complain about a project that (shouldn't) take months and months.

Of course its assuming these two will cooperate but that's all fine. Thank you!
@Antimoany

Well that was much easier than expected! I was having trouble finding Orca/Sang/x or Orca/x/Sang so I figured I'd try out your service, but I'm not going to complain about a project that (shouldn't) take months and months.

Of course its assuming these two will cooperate but that's all fine. Thank you!
push hub
1 2 3 4 5 6