Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | Silver's Auctioning Services
1 2 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 466 467
@DilsDoes

I will! I'm hoping to have my schedule figured out over the next week, so it shouldn't take long, but I didn't want to leave everyone dry without a head's up even if it's only for a few days.
@DilsDoes

I will! I'm hoping to have my schedule figured out over the next week, so it shouldn't take long, but I didn't want to leave everyone dry without a head's up even if it's only for a few days.
@silverquark

I came to you on recommendation because you were an auctioneer with credit and experience, and because I’ve never done this sort of thing before. Which is to say I trusted you, as a professional auctioneer, to give me reasonable guidance on what a proper starting price would be for these sorts of auctions.

When you originally quoted me 2kg, I felt that was insanely low for a dragon that can easily sell for over 30k gems. But when you asked for pricing clarification, you went even lower. So of course I agreed to the 2kg. It was your original quote and, again, I trusted you to know how to get me a good payout. I wasn’t trying to just cover my scatter and gem fees, I wanted a profit she’s worthy of. Add in the fact I have a learning disability that makes me unable to process numbers higher than three digits, and I'm really left at an unhappy and uncomfortable disadvantage here. I was left hanging on the assumption you knew something about this process that I didn't, such as low SBs on dragons like this prompting bidding wars or the like.

For clarification’s sake, I didn’t actually say GO the night the auction went up, as I’d been planning for a later date since I wouldn’t have time this weekend. Seeing it go up before I was ready just made me feel more locked in on a choice I wasn’t comfortable with. It’s on me that my initial post was vague and that I didn’t say something sooner and I apologize.

So yeah, long story short, I feel taken advantage of and like you lowballed me to sell my dragon at a fraction of the price or just get a cancellation fee out of me. I’ll still pay your fee, but count this as a deeply negative review of your services. For a Reader’s Digest version:

For a G1 XXY Unbred Multigaze dragon, you immediately said 2kg was a suitable starting bid and then went even LOWER upon clarification my overhead cost was low. So I agreed to your first appraisal, again, with the assumption you knew what you were doing; I said more than once I have not done anything like this and I was more or less in your hands. I trusted you as a career auctioneer to know how to get profitable results, NOT just the bare minimum coverage, which is not how a successful auction functions. You lowballed me twice and then tried to sell off my valuable dragon for a pittance. You didn’t even ping any lists or do anything to drive traffic, so I was left to watch a dead thread slowly march towards oblivion.

Please reconsider how you price your starting bids if this was truly your best shot at getting paid.

EDIT: Oh also, you never posted what my autobuy price was AND you misposted/misrepresented the dragon right out the gate and had it posted as XXY berry and not XXY tomato for the first 12 hours, give or take. Did you just take on too much with my auction and others? Because I just feel like I was a crummy afterthought in your service, if we're being brutally honest. Like, you didn't value my business at all and now I'm out 250 gems no matter what.

Wack.
@silverquark

I came to you on recommendation because you were an auctioneer with credit and experience, and because I’ve never done this sort of thing before. Which is to say I trusted you, as a professional auctioneer, to give me reasonable guidance on what a proper starting price would be for these sorts of auctions.

When you originally quoted me 2kg, I felt that was insanely low for a dragon that can easily sell for over 30k gems. But when you asked for pricing clarification, you went even lower. So of course I agreed to the 2kg. It was your original quote and, again, I trusted you to know how to get me a good payout. I wasn’t trying to just cover my scatter and gem fees, I wanted a profit she’s worthy of. Add in the fact I have a learning disability that makes me unable to process numbers higher than three digits, and I'm really left at an unhappy and uncomfortable disadvantage here. I was left hanging on the assumption you knew something about this process that I didn't, such as low SBs on dragons like this prompting bidding wars or the like.

For clarification’s sake, I didn’t actually say GO the night the auction went up, as I’d been planning for a later date since I wouldn’t have time this weekend. Seeing it go up before I was ready just made me feel more locked in on a choice I wasn’t comfortable with. It’s on me that my initial post was vague and that I didn’t say something sooner and I apologize.

So yeah, long story short, I feel taken advantage of and like you lowballed me to sell my dragon at a fraction of the price or just get a cancellation fee out of me. I’ll still pay your fee, but count this as a deeply negative review of your services. For a Reader’s Digest version:

For a G1 XXY Unbred Multigaze dragon, you immediately said 2kg was a suitable starting bid and then went even LOWER upon clarification my overhead cost was low. So I agreed to your first appraisal, again, with the assumption you knew what you were doing; I said more than once I have not done anything like this and I was more or less in your hands. I trusted you as a career auctioneer to know how to get profitable results, NOT just the bare minimum coverage, which is not how a successful auction functions. You lowballed me twice and then tried to sell off my valuable dragon for a pittance. You didn’t even ping any lists or do anything to drive traffic, so I was left to watch a dead thread slowly march towards oblivion.

Please reconsider how you price your starting bids if this was truly your best shot at getting paid.

EDIT: Oh also, you never posted what my autobuy price was AND you misposted/misrepresented the dragon right out the gate and had it posted as XXY berry and not XXY tomato for the first 12 hours, give or take. Did you just take on too much with my auction and others? Because I just feel like I was a crummy afterthought in your service, if we're being brutally honest. Like, you didn't value my business at all and now I'm out 250 gems no matter what.

Wack.
@SilverQuark
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in no rush so take all the time you need, no need to ping when you have a new date, just give me a ping when you start mine. :D
@SilverQuark
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in no rush so take all the time you need, no need to ping when you have a new date, just give me a ping when you start mine. :D
DUWwG2X.png
@delsomebody You're accusing me of doing something which you approved. You are only now saying that you felt the SB was "too low", and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2431941/327#post_44743123]this post[/url] of yours is proof of the exact opposite: [quote name="delsomebody" date="2020-09-23 16:27:40" ] @silverquark [b]I think the 2k starting bid isn't a bad idea[/b], since my luck of the draw doesn't change the value of the dragon. (Or at least it shouldn't?) I'm just very aware I've got a rare dragon on my hands (only 6 pages of search results grand total!) and hope I can get the price tag she's worth, ya feel? [/quote] If you thought I knew something about the process that you WANTED to know, why didn't you just ask me about it? I've opened this thread to all kinds of questions. I've never turned someone away over their lack of auction experience, and have always been happy to answer any curiosities people may have ahead of the auction, or during, or even after. All you had to do was ask, but for some reason you didn't. I assume you had your reasons not to ask, but you also must understand that I don't read minds. I can't even read body language, since we're talking through the internet. I had literally no way to know any of this. You have also proven several times over that you didn't even read my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2431941/1#post_33035909]terms and conditions[/url] post before you applied, because: [LIST][*] The post explicitly suggests sellers to tell me when they feel uncomfortable with a starting price, which you didn't [*] The post explains that auctions can't be cancelled after they start, and you cancelled yours [*] The post also explains that sellers who cancel still owe me a fee, which you're complaining about - again, no reason to if you had actually read and accepted the terms [*] You accused me of not pinging any lists, when the post explicitly says which pinglists I use, including the G1 pinglist (the one I used in this auction). I have multiple contacts in the G1 collectors that are able to confirm they received a ping (one of my friends did that earlier today, in fact)[/LIST] Even setting all of this aside, considering that my earnings entirely depend on the seller's earnings, why in the world would I want to undercut a dragon? Both the seller AND myself get less money if that happens, so it would be rather silly of me to do that. This is the entire reason why I work on a percentage scheme rather than a fixed rate scheme - my best interest is the same as the seller's best interest, that is, to sell the dragon for as much as can be. That being said, if you believe a double Tomato can sell for as much as a double White/Orca/other colours that actually do go for that much, then I'm sorry but you really should study the G1 market a bit more before throwing a judgement. If you really think it's that easy to sell the dragon for 30kg you're more than welcome to put it up on the AH for that much and wait for the cash to come in, but I'm personally very doubtful. Not all doubles sell for the same amount, even those with special eyes. There was an XYY Light Primal a while ago that went unsold for 5kg, so I'm really not sure where your 30kg comes from, especially considering you said more than once that you were unsure of dragon pricing yourself. Also, starting a CR and then cancelling it immediately afterwards doesn't count as "paying" someone. I would love to honestly say I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I can't bring myself to feel compassionate towards someone who is trying to place the blame on me for something that very clearly isn't my fault, so I'll ask that you take your business elsewhere. If you dislike me this much as an auctioneer, then I'm sure you can learn to run auctions for yourself, or find a service you like more.
@delsomebody

You're accusing me of doing something which you approved. You are only now saying that you felt the SB was "too low", and this post of yours is proof of the exact opposite:
delsomebody wrote on 2020-09-23 16:27:40:
@silverquark

I think the 2k starting bid isn't a bad idea, since my luck of the draw doesn't change the value of the dragon. (Or at least it shouldn't?) I'm just very aware I've got a rare dragon on my hands (only 6 pages of search results grand total!) and hope I can get the price tag she's worth, ya feel?

If you thought I knew something about the process that you WANTED to know, why didn't you just ask me about it? I've opened this thread to all kinds of questions. I've never turned someone away over their lack of auction experience, and have always been happy to answer any curiosities people may have ahead of the auction, or during, or even after. All you had to do was ask, but for some reason you didn't. I assume you had your reasons not to ask, but you also must understand that I don't read minds. I can't even read body language, since we're talking through the internet. I had literally no way to know any of this.

You have also proven several times over that you didn't even read my terms and conditions post before you applied, because:
  • The post explicitly suggests sellers to tell me when they feel uncomfortable with a starting price, which you didn't
  • The post explains that auctions can't be cancelled after they start, and you cancelled yours
  • The post also explains that sellers who cancel still owe me a fee, which you're complaining about - again, no reason to if you had actually read and accepted the terms
  • You accused me of not pinging any lists, when the post explicitly says which pinglists I use, including the G1 pinglist (the one I used in this auction). I have multiple contacts in the G1 collectors that are able to confirm they received a ping (one of my friends did that earlier today, in fact)

Even setting all of this aside, considering that my earnings entirely depend on the seller's earnings, why in the world would I want to undercut a dragon? Both the seller AND myself get less money if that happens, so it would be rather silly of me to do that. This is the entire reason why I work on a percentage scheme rather than a fixed rate scheme - my best interest is the same as the seller's best interest, that is, to sell the dragon for as much as can be.

That being said, if you believe a double Tomato can sell for as much as a double White/Orca/other colours that actually do go for that much, then I'm sorry but you really should study the G1 market a bit more before throwing a judgement. If you really think it's that easy to sell the dragon for 30kg you're more than welcome to put it up on the AH for that much and wait for the cash to come in, but I'm personally very doubtful. Not all doubles sell for the same amount, even those with special eyes. There was an XYY Light Primal a while ago that went unsold for 5kg, so I'm really not sure where your 30kg comes from, especially considering you said more than once that you were unsure of dragon pricing yourself.

Also, starting a CR and then cancelling it immediately afterwards doesn't count as "paying" someone.

I would love to honestly say I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I can't bring myself to feel compassionate towards someone who is trying to place the blame on me for something that very clearly isn't my fault, so I'll ask that you take your business elsewhere. If you dislike me this much as an auctioneer, then I'm sure you can learn to run auctions for yourself, or find a service you like more.
@SilverQuark As soon as possible after Starfall. With the Female Imp Group - Here she is for a refresher. ^^ I don't think we decided which ones would go with her and the ones to go with the male Imp auction. Thanks so much [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/7732/773152_350.png[/img]
@SilverQuark

As soon as possible after Starfall. With the Female Imp Group - Here she is for a refresher. ^^ I don't think we decided which ones would go with her and the ones to go with the male Imp auction. Thanks so much

773152_350.png
XdA0BPq.png
@SilverQuark

I withdrew the payment on the advice of others who said I should wait to see what your reply was, as a lot of how this was conducted didn't seem right to them either. Now that you've replied with your piece, I will reissue it shortly. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The review stands, though, as my final thoughts on the matter and your services. Enjoy.
@SilverQuark

I withdrew the payment on the advice of others who said I should wait to see what your reply was, as a lot of how this was conducted didn't seem right to them either. Now that you've replied with your piece, I will reissue it shortly. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The review stands, though, as my final thoughts on the matter and your services. Enjoy.
@kitsune56
You wanted two separate auctions, right? One group with the male imp and one with the female. So the remaining ones to sell off should be:

(2) White/Obsidian/Purple 4,000g
(2) Ivory/Ice/Ice 80g
(1) Sapphire/Lemon/Navy 3,000g
(1) White/Steel/Swamp 30g
(1) White/Rose/Pink 40g
(2) Shadow/Purple/Lemon 30g
(1) Ice/White/Ice 100g

(I also found a Silver/Sky/Magenta 2,500g recommendation and a Soil/Obsidian/Aqua 3,000g which don't seem to be on the lists - are those still to be sold?)
I've marked my suggestions with (1) for the next auction and (2) for the one after the next. Let me know if that works for you. I still don't have a new computer, so the auction date is TBD, I just wanted to make sure we agreed on the terms beforehand.

@ZsaZsa
Thanks for understanding! I'll do that then :)
@kitsune56
You wanted two separate auctions, right? One group with the male imp and one with the female. So the remaining ones to sell off should be:

(2) White/Obsidian/Purple 4,000g
(2) Ivory/Ice/Ice 80g
(1) Sapphire/Lemon/Navy 3,000g
(1) White/Steel/Swamp 30g
(1) White/Rose/Pink 40g
(2) Shadow/Purple/Lemon 30g
(1) Ice/White/Ice 100g

(I also found a Silver/Sky/Magenta 2,500g recommendation and a Soil/Obsidian/Aqua 3,000g which don't seem to be on the lists - are those still to be sold?)
I've marked my suggestions with (1) for the next auction and (2) for the one after the next. Let me know if that works for you. I still don't have a new computer, so the auction date is TBD, I just wanted to make sure we agreed on the terms beforehand.

@ZsaZsa
Thanks for understanding! I'll do that then :)
@SilverQuark

I, those are the rest of the ones to sell yes. Starting the Imps with the Sapphire/Lemon/Navy - yep you got it and those were the SBs you gave me. The Imps are the only 6 digits left so the others are the 2013 7 Digits. Confirming also the pairngs you have listed are a great idea.

THe other two you mention are the 2 Gen 1's and I was going to hold off on them for now. I want to see if I can raise the rest of the funds w/o putting them up for sale. I may have to but it will be last resort at this point. Although the Soil/Obsidian/Aqua is more likely to go up over the Guardian.

I understand why you are wanting to confirm everything and I do appreciate your doing so.

Separate question for you - I have a 4 year old pure 2nd Gen male Imp - what are the selling for these days? Just a general question nothing yet.
@SilverQuark

I, those are the rest of the ones to sell yes. Starting the Imps with the Sapphire/Lemon/Navy - yep you got it and those were the SBs you gave me. The Imps are the only 6 digits left so the others are the 2013 7 Digits. Confirming also the pairngs you have listed are a great idea.

THe other two you mention are the 2 Gen 1's and I was going to hold off on them for now. I want to see if I can raise the rest of the funds w/o putting them up for sale. I may have to but it will be last resort at this point. Although the Soil/Obsidian/Aqua is more likely to go up over the Guardian.

I understand why you are wanting to confirm everything and I do appreciate your doing so.

Separate question for you - I have a 4 year old pure 2nd Gen male Imp - what are the selling for these days? Just a general question nothing yet.
XdA0BPq.png
@SilverQuark

I think that I have at least 5 XYZs for auction and I also have a gened XYX!

https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/189427/642195?name=&type=undefined

Could you set up an auction for me? :)
@SilverQuark

I think that I have at least 5 XYZs for auction and I also have a gened XYX!

https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/189427/642195?name=&type=undefined

Could you set up an auction for me? :)
Dreams do come true! See: Lumi | Toro | Luna
My wishlist: here
@silverquark hi! new to your services here, coming back from a long hiatus on FR. would you mind appraising this guy for me when you have time? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57386388][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/573864/57386388_350.png[/img][/url] (no plans to use any other auctioning service/auction him myself... no energy haha)
@silverquark hi! new to your services here, coming back from a long hiatus on FR. would you mind appraising this guy for me when you have time?

57386388_350.png

(no plans to use any other auctioning service/auction him myself... no energy haha)
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
1 2 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 466 467