Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How do you actually play this game? New
Uh how do you actually play this game? It kinda didn’t give a tutorial it just put you out there and hoped for the best :/
Uh how do you actually play this game? It kinda didn’t give a tutorial it just put you out there and hoped for the best :/
@Locer
Welcome to FR, I'd recommend checking out [GUIDE] The Starters Guide to FR

and then figure out what it is you want to focus on
@Locer
Welcome to FR, I'd recommend checking out [GUIDE] The Starters Guide to FR

and then figure out what it is you want to focus on
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@Locer The starter guide Lynell linked to is a great resource but if you have specific questions or need any help please feel free to message me! I’m happy to help out newbies.
@Locer The starter guide Lynell linked to is a great resource but if you have specific questions or need any help please feel free to message me! I’m happy to help out newbies.
This space intentionally left blank
@Locer check out the guide as suggested but I'll also say:

FR is very much a game where you make your own fun/goals. There are a few dailies you can do to earn treasure but they aren't mandatory:

-maxing out the fairgrounds (75kt) there are guides to help with farming some of the games, glimmer & gloom being a big one

-bonding with familiars. You can buy them from the AH, and most are very cheap, get them as coli drops, brew them at Baldwins (if you have the lvl and mats for them), trade at swipp, get them from chests (familiars give them at certain bonding lvls), the marketplace, and some are special event familiars like during a flight festival (nature's just wrapped up)

-grab a daily item from pinkerton at the trading post

Other things you can do theoughout the day

- baldwin

-arlo

But for long term, I'd say find an interest!

Do you like battling in the coli? Maybe invest in training your team or saving to buy a pre leveled dragon- farming and lvling/exalting dragons can earn a profit

Breeding? Maybe you want to try making a hatchery (not always profitable but it can be fun) and/or just fodder breeding (also can be profitable once it's set up and going)

Lore and/or art? Writing clan and dragon lore/stories is pretty popular and can be fun! There's a bunch of artists on here too, check out the creative corner and art sales

Some users enjoy collecting dragons like gen 1s (they have none listed for parents) and gening them up (you can buy scrolls in the marketplace and some can be brewed at baldwins or srop in the coliseum)

There's probably a lot of other things too that can be fun but basically, you tailor your own fun here! There isn't a set storyline or any specific right/wrong way to play
@Locer check out the guide as suggested but I'll also say:

FR is very much a game where you make your own fun/goals. There are a few dailies you can do to earn treasure but they aren't mandatory:

-maxing out the fairgrounds (75kt) there are guides to help with farming some of the games, glimmer & gloom being a big one

-bonding with familiars. You can buy them from the AH, and most are very cheap, get them as coli drops, brew them at Baldwins (if you have the lvl and mats for them), trade at swipp, get them from chests (familiars give them at certain bonding lvls), the marketplace, and some are special event familiars like during a flight festival (nature's just wrapped up)

-grab a daily item from pinkerton at the trading post

Other things you can do theoughout the day

- baldwin

-arlo

But for long term, I'd say find an interest!

Do you like battling in the coli? Maybe invest in training your team or saving to buy a pre leveled dragon- farming and lvling/exalting dragons can earn a profit

Breeding? Maybe you want to try making a hatchery (not always profitable but it can be fun) and/or just fodder breeding (also can be profitable once it's set up and going)

Lore and/or art? Writing clan and dragon lore/stories is pretty popular and can be fun! There's a bunch of artists on here too, check out the creative corner and art sales

Some users enjoy collecting dragons like gen 1s (they have none listed for parents) and gening them up (you can buy scrolls in the marketplace and some can be brewed at baldwins or srop in the coliseum)

There's probably a lot of other things too that can be fun but basically, you tailor your own fun here! There isn't a set storyline or any specific right/wrong way to play
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@Locer there are so many different ways to play, and I think even more keep developing.

One thing I wish I knew as a newbie is what to brew in Baldwins, you can't brew much at the start and most of it seems useless until you reach higher Baldwin levels, by which time I wished I had spent my lower levels brewing those ingredients.
such as:
beakers 30min
reinforced beakers 1hr20m
fine alchemical reductions 2hr

every now and again there will be updates incorporating ingredients that aren't used as much, so if you happen to have those accumulated you can make some sweet dragon cash (like when Stitched/Patchwork were introduced and the AH sold out of sizzling phosphorous (those little red cubes) and they were selling for three times their normal price

if you don't know what to brew, just transmuting at least gets you materials to make the items above, (if you don't mind tending the pot every 30min)
Just keep that pot brewing 24/7 and you'll win in the end :)

(When you level up you get longer brews like genes that you can leave on overnight)

Hit L16 and you can brew Prismatic tokens at the end of each festival and take 4 days off Baldwin. They don't really sell for much but give you heaps of XP, and you can exchange them at Joxar's during the next festival for various items.

The XP is great because after L19 you can actually get some profitable gene brews going, below that level so many people brew them just for the XP you are better off financially just selling the ingredients (but if you can afford it, you might choose them anyway just for the long brew times and XP so you can level up quickly)

some of the apparel can sell well too, but again its the higher level apparel that is profitable, and it depends how many other players are trying to sell the same items at the time as to whether its worth it or not.

As a general guide I make the ingredient price plus around 5G/kt per brew hour back on my brews, but I stockpile them and don't keep undercutting others if the price falls too low (and you need an alternative source of funding to be able to keep doing that for any length of time)

Find your niche based on your interests and skills and most of all have fun :)
@Locer there are so many different ways to play, and I think even more keep developing.

One thing I wish I knew as a newbie is what to brew in Baldwins, you can't brew much at the start and most of it seems useless until you reach higher Baldwin levels, by which time I wished I had spent my lower levels brewing those ingredients.
such as:
beakers 30min
reinforced beakers 1hr20m
fine alchemical reductions 2hr

every now and again there will be updates incorporating ingredients that aren't used as much, so if you happen to have those accumulated you can make some sweet dragon cash (like when Stitched/Patchwork were introduced and the AH sold out of sizzling phosphorous (those little red cubes) and they were selling for three times their normal price

if you don't know what to brew, just transmuting at least gets you materials to make the items above, (if you don't mind tending the pot every 30min)
Just keep that pot brewing 24/7 and you'll win in the end :)

(When you level up you get longer brews like genes that you can leave on overnight)

Hit L16 and you can brew Prismatic tokens at the end of each festival and take 4 days off Baldwin. They don't really sell for much but give you heaps of XP, and you can exchange them at Joxar's during the next festival for various items.

The XP is great because after L19 you can actually get some profitable gene brews going, below that level so many people brew them just for the XP you are better off financially just selling the ingredients (but if you can afford it, you might choose them anyway just for the long brew times and XP so you can level up quickly)

some of the apparel can sell well too, but again its the higher level apparel that is profitable, and it depends how many other players are trying to sell the same items at the time as to whether its worth it or not.

As a general guide I make the ingredient price plus around 5G/kt per brew hour back on my brews, but I stockpile them and don't keep undercutting others if the price falls too low (and you need an alternative source of funding to be able to keep doing that for any length of time)

Find your niche based on your interests and skills and most of all have fun :)
qDkA25S.png