Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 ... 3163 3164
@Tyeth every so often staff will give one-word hints about upcoming things for people to speculate on, whether it's a feature, a gene, apparel, familiar, etc. they're released in the Q&A/Ask the Team in FR Discussion.

the current words are "Akirigeddon," "Opal," "Blooming," and "Goat."
@Tyeth every so often staff will give one-word hints about upcoming things for people to speculate on, whether it's a feature, a gene, apparel, familiar, etc. they're released in the Q&A/Ask the Team in FR Discussion.

the current words are "Akirigeddon," "Opal," "Blooming," and "Goat."
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After
Oh! That makes sense thank you!
@After
Oh! That makes sense thank you!
1_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33h.gif2_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33d.gif
3_by_cas_a_fras-db7n337.gif4_by_cas_a_fras-db7n331.gif
Something I can't seem to figure out:

Lets say you're on your activity ledger in the new AH, and there are 4 sales.
Then you sell some stuff (so lets say you have 6 now), but you don't refresh the page, so you think you've only sold 4 items.

When you collect your profits, will you get the combined payment for 4 auctions, and have 2 new items in your ledger?

Or will it just give you payment for all 6?
Something I can't seem to figure out:

Lets say you're on your activity ledger in the new AH, and there are 4 sales.
Then you sell some stuff (so lets say you have 6 now), but you don't refresh the page, so you think you've only sold 4 items.

When you collect your profits, will you get the combined payment for 4 auctions, and have 2 new items in your ledger?

Or will it just give you payment for all 6?
What is the normal price of the Roc boss fam? I assume right now that it is way down, because of everyone grinding at Harpy's Roost, but I want to know if it is worth the wait.
What is the normal price of the Roc boss fam? I assume right now that it is way down, because of everyone grinding at Harpy's Roost, but I want to know if it is worth the wait.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Dalison - It will give you payment for all 6. Make sure you refresh the page before you collect everything if you want to make sure you've seen all your sales! (You can also look in the history tab.)
@Dalison - It will give you payment for all 6. Make sure you refresh the page before you collect everything if you want to make sure you've seen all your sales! (You can also look in the history tab.)
I made a bio template specifically for Dragons Off To See The World. Do I post it in Creative Corner or Guides (or somewhere else)? I'll get in contact with the thread's creator to see if it can be listed as resource to use, but I'd like to get the code up somewhere first.
I made a bio template specifically for Dragons Off To See The World. Do I post it in Creative Corner or Guides (or somewhere else)? I'll get in contact with the thread's creator to see if it can be listed as resource to use, but I'd like to get the code up somewhere first.
4UUQPPZ.gif
Quick question(s) about pings...

Say I ping someone in a post, then edit it later and remove the ping. Is the ping user still notified if they haven't read the notification yet?

Also, if I ping a user in a post, and then edit it later to add something that wasn't there before, is there a way to ping that use again without making another post? Is the user pinged every time I edit the post? Or, if I add the same ping to the same post again, would the user be notified once more?
Quick question(s) about pings...

Say I ping someone in a post, then edit it later and remove the ping. Is the ping user still notified if they haven't read the notification yet?

Also, if I ping a user in a post, and then edit it later to add something that wasn't there before, is there a way to ping that use again without making another post? Is the user pinged every time I edit the post? Or, if I add the same ping to the same post again, would the user be notified once more?
marrow | they/them
@skelevern

They still get the alert even if you remove the ping. They also get an alert if you make a post pinging them and delete that post, which does annoy people on occasion.

They only get the ping once, and the same goes for if you add their name and ping again like so - @skelevern. You'll only get one ping for this post.

There's only one ping, it happens when you click submit. Editing another ping in to the same user won't ping again. Removing the ping won't un-ping if the user has been pinged. Deleting the whole post will still ping the user to the now non-existent post. Now, if I edit this post to ping someone else, who I haven't pinged in this post yet, I think they would get pinged. But I couldn't edit a second time to ping them to this post.

I hope that answers your questions, let me know if it doesn't.

EDIT:

You can't ping people to the same post twice, so you would have to make a new post to let them know or communicate it in some other way. That's why you see 'Edit' messages like the one right above this. I can't ping you again in this post to tell you that I've made changes.
@skelevern

They still get the alert even if you remove the ping. They also get an alert if you make a post pinging them and delete that post, which does annoy people on occasion.

They only get the ping once, and the same goes for if you add their name and ping again like so - @skelevern. You'll only get one ping for this post.

There's only one ping, it happens when you click submit. Editing another ping in to the same user won't ping again. Removing the ping won't un-ping if the user has been pinged. Deleting the whole post will still ping the user to the now non-existent post. Now, if I edit this post to ping someone else, who I haven't pinged in this post yet, I think they would get pinged. But I couldn't edit a second time to ping them to this post.

I hope that answers your questions, let me know if it doesn't.

EDIT:

You can't ping people to the same post twice, so you would have to make a new post to let them know or communicate it in some other way. That's why you see 'Edit' messages like the one right above this. I can't ping you again in this post to tell you that I've made changes.
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur that answers my question, thank you!
@VoxxVoleur that answers my question, thank you!
marrow | they/them
@Zygon

The other side of the coin is if they are cheaper now and people are buying them those people won't need to buy another one later at a higher price.

Right now, I'd eyeball it as about average but the supply is up. This familiar has been around long enough to be fairly common and it's in a venue that trainers can use. If you'd like a higher price just pick one now and renew the auction until it sells. If the price goes up, great. If yours doesn't sell and you get tired of renewing the auction you can always lower the price until it sells.

Compare it to the cost of the mantas (out for a couple years) vs. the cost of the whales (out for a few months).

Good luck selling!
@Zygon

The other side of the coin is if they are cheaper now and people are buying them those people won't need to buy another one later at a higher price.

Right now, I'd eyeball it as about average but the supply is up. This familiar has been around long enough to be fairly common and it's in a venue that trainers can use. If you'd like a higher price just pick one now and renew the auction until it sells. If the price goes up, great. If yours doesn't sell and you get tired of renewing the auction you can always lower the price until it sells.

Compare it to the cost of the mantas (out for a couple years) vs. the cost of the whales (out for a few months).

Good luck selling!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 ... 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 ... 3163 3164