Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Final Fantasy XIV, Anyone?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Gabbiani
Oh man, I love that outfit! Au'Ra are just so cool to me, though I'd love to make a Hrothgar too one day. I have a lil Lalafell as well, my partner and I made secondary characters to start at the same time together. It's so much fun to make characters~

@varlineau
Oh I love him! Au'Ra really are awesome, I love how almost everyone has to look up to them lol. Big boys!
I'm thinking of picking up some other classes soon, maybe something magic related? My partner plays a summoner and that looks super cool! There are so many choices, I'm psyched that you can learn more and go back and forth, not many RPGs that I've played let you do that.

@blanco1co1t
I honestly have no clue yet what other classes I wanna try! There's so many cool ones, I'll definitely go through a few before I settle on a couple favorites. I'm really interested in trying a dragoon when I get high enough level as a lancer, but I also like playing as tanks too, so maybe I'll try a marauder or gladiator next! (I also Love paladins, so I'm tempted to do gladiator just to work towards that...)
@Gabbiani
Oh man, I love that outfit! Au'Ra are just so cool to me, though I'd love to make a Hrothgar too one day. I have a lil Lalafell as well, my partner and I made secondary characters to start at the same time together. It's so much fun to make characters~

@varlineau
Oh I love him! Au'Ra really are awesome, I love how almost everyone has to look up to them lol. Big boys!
I'm thinking of picking up some other classes soon, maybe something magic related? My partner plays a summoner and that looks super cool! There are so many choices, I'm psyched that you can learn more and go back and forth, not many RPGs that I've played let you do that.

@blanco1co1t
I honestly have no clue yet what other classes I wanna try! There's so many cool ones, I'll definitely go through a few before I settle on a couple favorites. I'm really interested in trying a dragoon when I get high enough level as a lancer, but I also like playing as tanks too, so maybe I'll try a marauder or gladiator next! (I also Love paladins, so I'm tempted to do gladiator just to work towards that...)
labbannerpng.png
keepbannerpng.png
scrollbannerpng.png
arzonvrine.png arzonbutton2.png

5KfgY.gif8RpsS.gif8guRi.gif7ECdK.gifz5ef7.gif
If you ever decide to try healing, I recommend starting out as conjurer/white mage, that was the first class I ever played (over on my Miqo'te character), and while I don't really play it anymore now (found it a bit basic compared to astrologian), it helped me learn the basics of healing in FFXIV
If you ever decide to try healing, I recommend starting out as conjurer/white mage, that was the first class I ever played (over on my Miqo'te character), and while I don't really play it anymore now (found it a bit basic compared to astrologian), it helped me learn the basics of healing in FFXIV
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
I started playing FFXIV last year and I've been fixated on it ever since. Currently working my way through the Shadowbringers patches, although life has been incredibly hectic recently and I haven't been playing as often as I'd like to.
I started playing FFXIV last year and I've been fixated on it ever since. Currently working my way through the Shadowbringers patches, although life has been incredibly hectic recently and I haven't been playing as often as I'd like to.
paladin is nice tank due to be able to heal yourself/soeome else with a spell and having a lot of shields for party members, at cost of gauge(cast a shield on party member X). correct e if I'm wrong because I only seen bf play as paladin, so I never got first-hand experience [img]https://i.imgur.com/EyhZ6Uv.png[/img] (this is pic of my classes, so you can see what class I can tell about from the experience :]) [size=1]I feel like im trying to flex/be a mentor but all I want is just talk about classes i know so i dont get completely wrong ;-;
paladin is nice tank due to be able to heal yourself/soeome else with a spell and having a lot of shields for party members, at cost of gauge(cast a shield on party member X). correct e if I'm wrong because I only seen bf play as paladin, so I never got first-hand experience
EyhZ6Uv.png
(this is pic of my classes, so you can see what class I can tell about from the experience :])

I feel like im trying to flex/be a mentor but all I want is just talk about classes i know so i dont get completely wrong ;-;
3i3iYd8.gif
12+ FR time
I've been playing FFXIV for almost seven years!! I love it so much. I would agree with the sentiments above about trying out White Mage first for healing, not that I'm biased or anything (WHM main here, lol). But honestly, since there's no limit to how many classes you can unlock, have a blast messing around, get a feel for them and decide for yourself what's right for you. ^^ I play as a Miqo'te, but I also have a Viera alt as well. All of my classes are between 80-90 (slowly levelling them all to max level) and I think every single one is a lot of fun to play in its own right. If you're someone who cares about story too, the story element of FFXIV is incredible, and I heartily recommend you pay attention to it if so! If you ever have any questions or you'd like to be friends with someone else who plays the game, feel free to add me and shoot me a PM if you'd like! I'm always down to make new buddies. My two boys! As you can see, I love my white haired men, hahaha. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1023784160168517764/1049250052008312842/chbdxuihgbf_1.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1023784160168517764/1049252521811648554/2020-11-17_22-36-01-592_Neneko_Vampire.png[/img]
I've been playing FFXIV for almost seven years!! I love it so much. I would agree with the sentiments above about trying out White Mage first for healing, not that I'm biased or anything (WHM main here, lol). But honestly, since there's no limit to how many classes you can unlock, have a blast messing around, get a feel for them and decide for yourself what's right for you. ^^ I play as a Miqo'te, but I also have a Viera alt as well. All of my classes are between 80-90 (slowly levelling them all to max level) and I think every single one is a lot of fun to play in its own right. If you're someone who cares about story too, the story element of FFXIV is incredible, and I heartily recommend you pay attention to it if so! If you ever have any questions or you'd like to be friends with someone else who plays the game, feel free to add me and shoot me a PM if you'd like! I'm always down to make new buddies.

My two boys! As you can see, I love my white haired men, hahaha.

chbdxuihgbf_1.png

2020-11-17_22-36-01-592_Neneko_Vampire.png
b51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
@Gabbiani
Thanks a bunch for the tips! I rarely play healers in RPGs (I've always been a DPS kinda person), but I love that you can try different things in this one. Making sure party members are healed and stuff is such a different kind of time and resource management than I'm used to, I'm interested to try sometime!

@Lleiset
Oof, life getting in the way is Very relatable. I've been super hyperfixated on FFXIV recently, but got really sick for a couple days and couldn't play, which was The Worst when in the throes of obsession, lol
Thankfully I'm all better now and can get back to my escapism! owo

@blanco1co1t
Ooo, healing and shielding sounds nice... I've gotten to the point in the game now where I'm starting to ahve to pay more attention to stats and techniques rather than just hacking and slashing, so that's getting to be more fun. I like that part in games, the management and actual character building beyond just the initial "level up and progress in the story as fast as possible" stage. Probably because I'm played So Many RPGs that digging into one with a lot of meat is super interesting for me!

@Aravas
Ooohhh, what pretty boys! And great shots too, I love that the game actually does stuff to facilitate screenshots. So glad I don't have to crop out HUD stuff when nerding out over getting the perfect screenshot. :P
And seven years is such a long time, wow! I don't think I've done Anything for that long lol. I can't wait to get further into it, especially the story! I'm really liking it so far, even though I'm not too far in yet. My partner is further than me, so they're keeping me in suspense with their "oh just wait till This Part" comments. They don't give anything away though! That'd make me grumpy. uwu
@Gabbiani
Thanks a bunch for the tips! I rarely play healers in RPGs (I've always been a DPS kinda person), but I love that you can try different things in this one. Making sure party members are healed and stuff is such a different kind of time and resource management than I'm used to, I'm interested to try sometime!

@Lleiset
Oof, life getting in the way is Very relatable. I've been super hyperfixated on FFXIV recently, but got really sick for a couple days and couldn't play, which was The Worst when in the throes of obsession, lol
Thankfully I'm all better now and can get back to my escapism! owo

@blanco1co1t
Ooo, healing and shielding sounds nice... I've gotten to the point in the game now where I'm starting to ahve to pay more attention to stats and techniques rather than just hacking and slashing, so that's getting to be more fun. I like that part in games, the management and actual character building beyond just the initial "level up and progress in the story as fast as possible" stage. Probably because I'm played So Many RPGs that digging into one with a lot of meat is super interesting for me!

@Aravas
Ooohhh, what pretty boys! And great shots too, I love that the game actually does stuff to facilitate screenshots. So glad I don't have to crop out HUD stuff when nerding out over getting the perfect screenshot. :P
And seven years is such a long time, wow! I don't think I've done Anything for that long lol. I can't wait to get further into it, especially the story! I'm really liking it so far, even though I'm not too far in yet. My partner is further than me, so they're keeping me in suspense with their "oh just wait till This Part" comments. They don't give anything away though! That'd make me grumpy. uwu
labbannerpng.png
keepbannerpng.png
scrollbannerpng.png
arzonvrine.png arzonbutton2.png

5KfgY.gif8RpsS.gif8guRi.gif7ECdK.gifz5ef7.gif
Hahaha, trust me, you'll be thankful they didn't give anything away!! The story is just so good, that I would have been so disappointed to have some of its twists and turns given away before I got to them myself. I really hope you love it just as much as I do!

It's definitely the game I've played the longest, for sure. Something about it keeps drawing me back. I've had bad experiences (it's an MMO, so it's to be expected you eventually run into some not great people/situations) but the game is just so good that I could never drop it unless something truly terrible where to happen, which is a really high bar. I wish you luck with the rest of your journey, it's well worth the time you'll invest!
Hahaha, trust me, you'll be thankful they didn't give anything away!! The story is just so good, that I would have been so disappointed to have some of its twists and turns given away before I got to them myself. I really hope you love it just as much as I do!

It's definitely the game I've played the longest, for sure. Something about it keeps drawing me back. I've had bad experiences (it's an MMO, so it's to be expected you eventually run into some not great people/situations) but the game is just so good that I could never drop it unless something truly terrible where to happen, which is a really high bar. I wish you luck with the rest of your journey, it's well worth the time you'll invest!
oooh a 14 thread! I'm so glad you're enjoying the game so far op, and you can add me to the list of folks who might be able to anwswer (more casual) questions if you ever have them! I'm not a hardcore player, I'm there for fun, but my main jobs are the ranged melee ones; Bard, Machinist and Dancer, I'm more of a support style player :) (though I did level sage to 90 so I could use the weapons for my FC costume contest at halloween haha!) I hope you enjoy your journey and your time in Eorzea, and remember it's good to take breaks if you ever feel you need them ^^ Here's my main, a fem roegadyn and I love her. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555972894006706186/1049677306588827648/ff14_ranged_90s2.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/555972894006706186/1049677307519979562/ffxiv_21102022_124905_468.png[/img] I also think a less mentioned but still nice thing about the game is that it's nice that you can access any server group no matter where you are so you can play with all your friends! (I wish the glamour system worked like wow's though lollllll)
oooh a 14 thread! I'm so glad you're enjoying the game so far op, and you can add me to the list of folks who might be able to anwswer (more casual) questions if you ever have them! I'm not a hardcore player, I'm there for fun, but my main jobs are the ranged melee ones; Bard, Machinist and Dancer, I'm more of a support style player :) (though I did level sage to 90 so I could use the weapons for my FC costume contest at halloween haha!)

I hope you enjoy your journey and your time in Eorzea, and remember it's good to take breaks if you ever feel you need them ^^

Here's my main, a fem roegadyn and I love her.

ff14_ranged_90s2.png
ffxiv_21102022_124905_468.png

I also think a less mentioned but still nice thing about the game is that it's nice that you can access any server group no matter where you are so you can play with all your friends!

(I wish the glamour system worked like wow's though lollllll)
fr_art_shop_sig_2.pngwindanim3.giffireanim3.gif
@Euasteros
Ah, I'm on Chaos, so unfortunately we can't play together (all people I know who play FFXIV seem to be on the US servers :( )

And I started as a Lancer too! Dragoon (that's the Job you get from Lancer once you reach 30) is pretty fun and still my main Job (but I have other leveled too).

Someone mentioned starting as White Mage if you want to try healing, which is sound advice. But I started healing as Sage (never was healer in any game before) and, at least in my opinion, it's a good class to start healing with as well (granted, it's only available at level 70 and thus you get flooded with a lot of skills but I think it's easy to lern, especially if you start with low level dungeons where you get synced to a few base skills)
@Euasteros
Ah, I'm on Chaos, so unfortunately we can't play together (all people I know who play FFXIV seem to be on the US servers :( )

And I started as a Lancer too! Dragoon (that's the Job you get from Lancer once you reach 30) is pretty fun and still my main Job (but I have other leveled too).

Someone mentioned starting as White Mage if you want to try healing, which is sound advice. But I started healing as Sage (never was healer in any game before) and, at least in my opinion, it's a good class to start healing with as well (granted, it's only available at level 70 and thus you get flooded with a lot of skills but I think it's easy to lern, especially if you start with low level dungeons where you get synced to a few base skills)
OSPKX5l.png
I forgot to mention, but I can play with you in game @Euasteros !! If you wanna play together, just PM me and I can give you my in game name ^^ I'm on Hyperion, also Primal DC!
I forgot to mention, but I can play with you in game @Euasteros !! If you wanna play together, just PM me and I can give you my in game name ^^ I'm on Hyperion, also Primal DC!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11