Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Harmless words you hate?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22
For some reason, 'silly' drives me mad? it feels like being completely shunned and invalidated, I'm sure there's a long-gone story behind it lol
For some reason, 'silly' drives me mad? it feels like being completely shunned and invalidated, I'm sure there's a long-gone story behind it lol
whisp-magicksial-2.png
Heyo, I'm
Magick!

he/she/they
interchangeably

>:3c
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
Right this second, I am very upset by *egg* (any pluralization of it) and "snails"
Right this second, I am very upset by *egg* (any pluralization of it) and "snails"
yCWZ0om.jpeg
On a roblox game called Dragon Adventures I don't quite like it when people call dragons..Pets as if they're playing Adopt Me..Usually I just see people ask 'can I have a free pet?' and it just gets SPAMMED in chat, to me, they're dragons, they aren't pets like in Adopt Me (and I play both which I find funny for some odd reason)
On a roblox game called Dragon Adventures I don't quite like it when people call dragons..Pets as if they're playing Adopt Me..Usually I just see people ask 'can I have a free pet?' and it just gets SPAMMED in chat, to me, they're dragons, they aren't pets like in Adopt Me (and I play both which I find funny for some odd reason)
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
apUeZZ4.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
w8o0xW1.png LJfZA40.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
T0lT2WO.png
one of my cousins despises 'moist'

she thinks its gross but my mom loves the word.
one of my cousins despises 'moist'

she thinks its gross but my mom loves the word.
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
[quote name="Magicksial" date="2022-10-21 04:26:38" ] For some reason, 'silly' drives me mad? it feels like being completely shunned and invalidated, I'm sure there's a long-gone story behind it lol [/quote] this for me ^^
Magicksial wrote on 2022-10-21 04:26:38:
this for me ^^
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
i hate when people say ahh instead of, well yknow
especially "goofy ahh" it just sounds so stupid
i hate when people say ahh instead of, well yknow
especially "goofy ahh" it just sounds so stupid
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
There's a song that frequently plays at my workplace, part of the soundtrack, and let me tell you, saying 'jelly' instead of 'jealous' is just annoying to me.
Also, once I kept hearing a woman saying "I'm so 'cited, I'm so 'cited!" and it greatly irked me. 'Excited', please say the whole word.
Not all word shortenings bug me, there's just a few that... I just can't. Sometimes the way they're shortened bothers me, and sometimes it's just that they sound too cutesy.

I also don't like the word 'selfie'. And there's probably a ton of other words that I can't think of right now.
There's a song that frequently plays at my workplace, part of the soundtrack, and let me tell you, saying 'jelly' instead of 'jealous' is just annoying to me.
Also, once I kept hearing a woman saying "I'm so 'cited, I'm so 'cited!" and it greatly irked me. 'Excited', please say the whole word.
Not all word shortenings bug me, there's just a few that... I just can't. Sometimes the way they're shortened bothers me, and sometimes it's just that they sound too cutesy.

I also don't like the word 'selfie'. And there's probably a ton of other words that I can't think of right now.
inseminate
inseminate
Nprhx6w5y-bannerferris-gif-7z58xh.gif
[quote name="PlaguePlush" date="2022-10-21 07:24:49" ] On a roblox game called Dragon Adventures I don't quite like it when people call dragons..Pets as if they're playing Adopt Me..Usually I just see people ask 'can I have a free pet?' and it just gets SPAMMED in chat, to me, they're dragons, they aren't pets like in Adopt Me (and I play both which I find funny for some odd reason) [/quote] I felt this one
PlaguePlush wrote on 2022-10-21 07:24:49:

I felt this one
IMG_3849.png
[quote name="Bugbag" date="2022-10-20 20:35:49" ] Hmmm... I guess I don’t really like any term involving core. Even though it has is the same meaning as theme or aesthetic as far as I know. No different than when people were adding “punk” to the end of every conceivable theme, without it actually being any form of punk per se. [/quote] THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY. the whole "aesthetic" trend of just. Making Up Words/slapping -core on the end, or taking EXISTING STYLES and watering them down and then having the audacity to GATEKEEP it, it all drives me mad. it's mostly a tiktok thing that i've seen, but ugh, that's one of my biggest icks
Bugbag wrote on 2022-10-20 20:35:49:
Hmmm... I guess I don’t really like any term involving core. Even though it has is the same meaning as theme or aesthetic as far as I know. No different than when people were adding “punk” to the end of every conceivable theme, without it actually being any form of punk per se.
THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY. the whole "aesthetic" trend of just. Making Up Words/slapping -core on the end, or taking EXISTING STYLES and watering them down and then having the audacity to GATEKEEP it, it all drives me mad. it's mostly a tiktok thing that i've seen, but ugh, that's one of my biggest icks
TW8ViqF.png
lfYPqpD.png
5hF3FGk.png
zxmejPZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
qO3o9mR.png u0zgn1V.pngybAHpix.pngmVbiNgO.pngMTtORbV.pngZ5EpBf9.pngulhQhg3.pngCaJnYmb.pngde4wk5D.pnglFq36vF.pngfsMWPHj.pngQJAOLGp.pngcedPG3i.png
lJX7Tr5.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22