Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Harmless words you hate?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
For whatever reason, the word 'seldom'. It doesn't sound like an adjective nor an adverb, it sounds like a noun. Why does it sound so wrong??

but also like 99% of all slangs because one day I just wake up and people are speaking foreign sounding words and I have to ask someone what it means like an old grandpa
For whatever reason, the word 'seldom'. It doesn't sound like an adjective nor an adverb, it sounds like a noun. Why does it sound so wrong??

but also like 99% of all slangs because one day I just wake up and people are speaking foreign sounding words and I have to ask someone what it means like an old grandpa
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
just to get this out of the way, i absolutely DESPISE the current gen slang. it all sounds so stupid like "fr fr bussin no cap", "thats cap" or "fr? on god?"
you sound like you're experiencing a stroke when you say the abbreviations out loud.. please..

but as for other words? i absolutely haaate it when people say or type "gunna". i'm fine with "gonna", and i'm perfectly fine with "going to". but GUNNA????? it just irks me to a painful extent
just to get this out of the way, i absolutely DESPISE the current gen slang. it all sounds so stupid like "fr fr bussin no cap", "thats cap" or "fr? on god?"
you sound like you're experiencing a stroke when you say the abbreviations out loud.. please..

but as for other words? i absolutely haaate it when people say or type "gunna". i'm fine with "gonna", and i'm perfectly fine with "going to". but GUNNA????? it just irks me to a painful extent
jYQWrO1.pngwBLs0O1.pngJZTAurm.pngMs7a4L5.png
DHc3orZ.png
black_cat.png
Obligatory moist.
Obligatory moist.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[font=century]I greatly dislike both "stinky" and "smelly," specifically the former. It's not even the connotation of grossness that comes along with them that I hate, as words like "putrid" don't get to me, it's really just the words themselves. I have to stop myself from physically cringing when I hear them. The "uh oh, stinky" trend a few years back probably didn't help, but the hatred was definitely there before that. Speaking of trends and this being a tangentially related subject, I absolutely despise that one "aughh" sound. The one that originated from TikTok, I believe. It seriously makes my skin crawl and makes me want to stuff cotton in my ears. It's so hard to just ignore too; whenever I'm watching a youtube video and the sound comes up, it's hard not to just turn off the video, because if it's used once, it's likely going to be used again. I get it's funny to some people, and that's great for them, but I just don't get it. [quote name="SlimSlime" date="2022-10-14 13:07:35" ] just to get this out of the way, i absolutely DESPISE the current gen slang. it all sounds so stupid like "fr fr bussin no cap", "thats cap" or "fr? on god?" you sound like you're experiencing a stroke when you say the abbreviations out loud.. please.. [/quote] [font=century]Also this. I still have absolutely no idea if cap has a negative or positive connotation.
I greatly dislike both "stinky" and "smelly," specifically the former. It's not even the connotation of grossness that comes along with them that I hate, as words like "putrid" don't get to me, it's really just the words themselves. I have to stop myself from physically cringing when I hear them. The "uh oh, stinky" trend a few years back probably didn't help, but the hatred was definitely there before that.

Speaking of trends and this being a tangentially related subject, I absolutely despise that one "aughh" sound. The one that originated from TikTok, I believe. It seriously makes my skin crawl and makes me want to stuff cotton in my ears. It's so hard to just ignore too; whenever I'm watching a youtube video and the sound comes up, it's hard not to just turn off the video, because if it's used once, it's likely going to be used again. I get it's funny to some people, and that's great for them, but I just don't get it.

SlimSlime wrote on 2022-10-14 13:07:35:
Also this. I still have absolutely no idea if cap has a negative or positive connotation.
I also dislike the word belly. I heard a child refer to her belly the other day and I wanted to say you mean your tummy! I'm not a fan of bum either, bottom sounds so much better. I also dislike the word hey, used by so many these days instead of hi It just grates on me for some reason.
I also dislike the word belly. I heard a child refer to her belly the other day and I wanted to say you mean your tummy! I'm not a fan of bum either, bottom sounds so much better. I also dislike the word hey, used by so many these days instead of hi It just grates on me for some reason.
April showers bring forth May flowers
[quote name="Harlequinne" date="2022-10-14 13:48:05" ] [font=century]Also this. I still have absolutely no idea if cap has a negative or positive connotation. [/quote] Generally, if someone says “that’s cap” it’s like “you’re lying” or “no cap” being something along the lines of “you’re joking/kidding me” I don’t like rendezvous or silhouette for their spelling. Saying them out loud is fine, in fact I like the way rendezvous sounds, but…I can’t spell them to save my life.
Harlequinne wrote on 2022-10-14 13:48:05:
Also this. I still have absolutely no idea if cap has a negative or positive connotation.
Generally, if someone says “that’s cap” it’s like “you’re lying” or “no cap” being something along the lines of “you’re joking/kidding me”

I don’t like rendezvous or silhouette for their spelling. Saying them out loud is fine, in fact I like the way rendezvous sounds, but…I can’t spell them to save my life.
Pupper/Doggo. Most cute talk like that
Pupper/Doggo. Most cute talk like that
Impact
I just loathe how people try to use it instead effect/affect.
Impact
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
[quote name="TricksySixx" date="2022-10-14 17:06:32" ] Impact I just loathe how people try to use it instead effect/affect. [/quote] I sometimes use impact when my brain literally refuses to decide which is correct between affect/effect. I know them, but I struggle. ----- Eleven. There are too many E's. I look at it too long? It looks wrong. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY E'S IN ELEVEN???? :'(
TricksySixx wrote on 2022-10-14 17:06:32:
Impact
I sometimes use impact when my brain literally refuses to decide which is correct between affect/effect. I know them, but I struggle.
Eleven. There are too many E's. I look at it too long? It looks wrong. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY E'S IN ELEVEN???? :'(
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
'lh' or 'hj'.
'lh' or 'hj'.
siggy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22