Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
[quote name="Aterna" date="2022-10-17 16:49:59" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-10-17 09:01:31" ] Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed? [/quote] Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks) Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too. *crosses fingers* [/quote] people who are good with the range blaster make me want to SCREAM. I played a turf war match against someone last night using the range blaster who got 18 kills/splats. AAAAHHHH
Aterna wrote on 2022-10-17 16:49:59:
Xionahri wrote on 2022-10-17 09:01:31:
Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed?
Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks)
Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too.
*crosses fingers*

people who are good with the range blaster make me want to SCREAM. I played a turf war match against someone last night using the range blaster who got 18 kills/splats. AAAAHHHH
eP65k0J.png
[quote name="Dracowolfie" date="2022-10-17 18:24:13" ] [quote name="Aterna" date="2022-10-17 16:49:59" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-10-17 09:01:31" ] Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed? [/quote] Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks) Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too. *crosses fingers* [/quote] people who are good with the range blaster make me want to SCREAM. I played a turf war match against someone last night using the range blaster who got 18 kills/splats. AAAAHHHH [/quote] Oof that is the worst. I despise the blasters (not to mention why are there so many of them compared to other weapon types?) They're just so hard to deal with. I decided to try them occasionally in tower control and I'm not that great with them but can still get over 10 kills consistently. >.> I see why people like them but they low-key kinda feel broken, and since the game launched its like they're the only meta rn.
Dracowolfie wrote on 2022-10-17 18:24:13:
Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed?
Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks)
Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too.
*crosses fingers*

people who are good with the range blaster make me want to SCREAM. I played a turf war match against someone last night using the range blaster who got 18 kills/splats. AAAAHHHH
Oof that is the worst. I despise the blasters (not to mention why are there so many of them compared to other weapon types?) They're just so hard to deal with. I decided to try them occasionally in tower control and I'm not that great with them but can still get over 10 kills consistently. >.> I see why people like them but they low-key kinda feel broken, and since the game launched its like they're the only meta rn.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="FairyForestKing" date="2022-10-17 14:30:31" ] hello yes I hear splatoon and am extremely normal about the lore totally hasn’t gone on a lore binge i love deep cut so much and got so many thoughts on this game but also anyone else think abt how it’s highly likely that there was just a population of inklings and octolings chilling in the splatlands meanwhile the great turf war happened by inkopolis considering the whole thing with deep cut’s family watched over the splatsville festivals for generations (mentioned in an interview) also give us more salmon lore while ur at it [/quote] @FairyForestKing I agree with all of these, my personal headcanon is that only Inkadia (the country Inkopolis is in as per canon map) was at war with Octaria (potential Octarian majority country name, hence why they are called that) and the Splatlands were neutral so there was no throwing Octolings out. And yes the Salmonids deserve more lore because taking their eggs is not OK and they deserve justice, especially as (Splatoon 3 campaign spoilers) [spoiler]Grizz is either dead or unable to do anything more, and judging by his dialogue, is reconsidering if he isn’t dead[/spoiler]
FairyForestKing wrote on 2022-10-17 14:30:31:
hello yes I hear splatoon and am extremely normal about the lore
totally hasn’t gone on a lore binge

i love deep cut so much and got so many thoughts on this game but also anyone else think abt how it’s highly likely that there was just a population of inklings and octolings chilling in the splatlands meanwhile the great turf war happened by inkopolis considering the whole thing with deep cut’s family watched over the splatsville festivals for generations (mentioned in an interview)

also give us more salmon lore while ur at it
@FairyForestKing
I agree with all of these, my personal headcanon is that only Inkadia (the country Inkopolis is in as per canon map) was at war with Octaria (potential Octarian majority country name, hence why they are called that) and the Splatlands were neutral so there was no throwing Octolings out.
And yes the Salmonids deserve more lore because taking their eggs is not OK and they deserve justice, especially as (Splatoon 3 campaign spoilers) Grizz is either dead or unable to do anything more, and judging by his dialogue, is reconsidering if he isn’t dead
zdkBiZa.png
[quote name="Dracowolfie" date="2022-10-17 18:24:13" ] [quote name="Aterna" date="2022-10-17 16:49:59" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-10-17 09:01:31" ] Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed? [/quote] Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks) Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too. *crosses fingers* [/quote] people who are good with the range blaster make me want to SCREAM. I played a turf war match against someone last night using the range blaster who got 18 kills/splats. AAAAHHHH [/quote] And that is why I fear blasters even though I use clash blaster at times..Yet again I seem to mostly use e-liter or the flingza roller
Dracowolfie wrote on 2022-10-17 18:24:13:
*crosses fingers*

And that is why I fear blasters even though I use clash blaster at times..Yet again I seem to mostly use e-liter or the flingza roller
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
apUeZZ4.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
w8o0xW1.png LJfZA40.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
T0lT2WO.png
Oh nice a hub.

Been playing since the first game actually! Didn't really get INTO playing it until Splatoon 2 though lol. Not saying I'm GOOD but you know. I play a lot.

I'm sad there's not a Halloween event this year. T_T
I really enjoyed Splatoon 2's Halloween event.
Oh nice a hub.

Been playing since the first game actually! Didn't really get INTO playing it until Splatoon 2 though lol. Not saying I'm GOOD but you know. I play a lot.

I'm sad there's not a Halloween event this year. T_T
I really enjoyed Splatoon 2's Halloween event.
[quote name="VigilantEntity" date="2022-10-18 03:11:25" ] And yes the Salmonids deserve more lore because taking their eggs is not OK and they deserve justice, especially as (Splatoon 3 campaign spoilers) [spoiler]Grizz is either dead or unable to do anything more, and judging by his dialogue, is reconsidering if he isn’t dead[/spoiler] [/quote] @VigilantEntity About the justice part... I think the issue is more complicated than just hunting them for eggs. According to a developer interview, just like real life squids and salmon, there's still a mutual predator/prey thing going on between inklings and salmonids. Especially since salmonids have a death cult-y belief system and actively want to be eaten to return to the circle of nature. So, even without Grizzco collecting eggs, they'd still likely seek out land-dwellers to fight to death, both to eat or to be eaten. I think the (soon to be) existence of Big Runs cornfirms that and takes it to an extreme. ...I love Splatoon lore and how ridiculously dark parts of it are. And I agree: we need more lore!
VigilantEntity wrote on 2022-10-18 03:11:25:
And yes the Salmonids deserve more lore because taking their eggs is not OK and they deserve justice, especially as (Splatoon 3 campaign spoilers) Grizz is either dead or unable to do anything more, and judging by his dialogue, is reconsidering if he isn’t dead

@VigilantEntity

About the justice part...
I think the issue is more complicated than just hunting them for eggs. According to a developer interview, just like real life squids and salmon, there's still a mutual predator/prey thing going on between inklings and salmonids. Especially since salmonids have a death cult-y belief system and actively want to be eaten to return to the circle of nature.
So, even without Grizzco collecting eggs, they'd still likely seek out land-dwellers to fight to death, both to eat or to be eaten. I think the (soon to be) existence of Big Runs cornfirms that and takes it to an extreme.

...I love Splatoon lore and how ridiculously dark parts of it are. And I agree: we need more lore!
Bruh just found out that cohozuna drops are scuffed. There's no point in killing it. Rip my grinding
Bruh just found out that cohozuna drops are scuffed. There's no point in killing it. Rip my grinding
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
hi everyone!!
does anyone know what idols are choosing what team for the pkmn splatfest? :P
hi everyone!!
roar! ^_^ i'm anna, or avo. WizmHQi.png
- — [ dragoness.carrd.co
]

tumblr_inline_re1v10hAZU1xxzinw_500.gif
@Avorara Starters are always ordered Grass - Fire - Water, so I believe that is the order they'll be in here too. Plus, the official art for the fest is also in that order. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZOteuRu.jpg[/img] Meaning we'll probably get to see a green Shiver! I'll pick Fire, since Fuecoco is the most appealing of the starters to me (though the duck is cute too!). If my prediction is true, that'll also mean that I've been repping each idol once for the first three splatfest, since I had been on Rock and Fun before. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
@Avorara

Starters are always ordered Grass - Fire - Water, so I believe that is the order they'll be in here too. Plus, the official art for the fest is also in that order.
ZOteuRu.jpg

Meaning we'll probably get to see a green Shiver!

I'll pick Fire, since Fuecoco is the most appealing of the starters to me (though the duck is cute too!). If my prediction is true, that'll also mean that I've been repping each idol once for the first three splatfest, since I had been on Rock and Fun before. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
[quote name="avorara" date="2022-10-18 22:58:27" ] hi everyone!! does anyone know what idols are choosing what team for the pkmn splatfest? :P [/quote] The last two have always been Shiver for team 1 (rock/gear), Frye for team 2 (paper/grub) and Big Man for team 3 (scissors/fun) so judging by the order of grass v fire v water Shiver will be grass, Frye will be fire, and Big Man will be water. I could be wrong but that’s the logical guess.
avorara wrote on 2022-10-18 22:58:27:
hi everyone!!
The last two have always been Shiver for team 1 (rock/gear), Frye for team 2 (paper/grub) and Big Man for team 3 (scissors/fun) so judging by the order of grass v fire v water Shiver will be grass, Frye will be fire, and Big Man will be water. I could be wrong but that’s the logical guess.
zdkBiZa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202