Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
I legit hope we do get big run. I was a bit disappointed it hasn't been mentioned since the game release so maybe it'll be a Halloween big run lol

Also! Forgot to drop my own friend code:
SW-4951-0034-5041

I main a variety of weapons (my goal is to get max freshness on all weapons or at least 4 stars on all) and I'm an avid salmon run player that's been trying to grind out cohozuna scales so if anyone wants help with that I'm more to happy to do so ^^
I legit hope we do get big run. I was a bit disappointed it hasn't been mentioned since the game release so maybe it'll be a Halloween big run lol

Also! Forgot to drop my own friend code:
SW-4951-0034-5041

I main a variety of weapons (my goal is to get max freshness on all weapons or at least 4 stars on all) and I'm an avid salmon run player that's been trying to grind out cohozuna scales so if anyone wants help with that I'm more to happy to do so ^^
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
@VigilantEntity

I liked it, but I agree that overall, Octo Expansion is better.
Yeah, Deep Cut were very cool. Love those dorks.
And O.R.C.A. [spoilers]feels a bit too much like a red herring, doesn't it? Not making it another evil AI is good, but doing absolutely nothing with it wasn't the right move. Especially since it seemed to have some personality of its own.[/spoiler]

DJ Octavio should've at least been around at the camp post-game. Instead we only get a mention of him from Cuttlefish. But what is he up to now, being at least somewhat on our side and all?
Calling it here, there'll be a DLC focusing on him. He has been too deep in all the games' lore to just be tossed to the side.

For more thoughts, especially on the ending and such, I'll link this post https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/3168272/1#post_52217444
Still mostly holds up, except for some small things you can find below it.

@Aterna

What servers are you on?
@VigilantEntity

I liked it, but I agree that overall, Octo Expansion is better.
Yeah, Deep Cut were very cool. Love those dorks.
And O.R.C.A. [spoilers]feels a bit too much like a red herring, doesn't it? Not making it another evil AI is good, but doing absolutely nothing with it wasn't the right move. Especially since it seemed to have some personality of its own.[/spoiler]

DJ Octavio should've at least been around at the camp post-game. Instead we only get a mention of him from Cuttlefish. But what is he up to now, being at least somewhat on our side and all?
Calling it here, there'll be a DLC focusing on him. He has been too deep in all the games' lore to just be tossed to the side.

For more thoughts, especially on the ending and such, I'll link this post https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/3168272/1#post_52217444
Still mostly holds up, except for some small things you can find below it.

@Aterna

What servers are you on?
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-10-12 08:09:53" ] And O.R.C.A. [spoiler]feels a bit too much like a red herring, doesn't it? Not making it another evil AI is good, but doing absolutely nothing with it wasn't the right move. Especially since it seemed to have some personality of its own.[/spoiler] [/quote] @Xionahri Yes exactly!!! (Spoilers) [spoiler]I loved the way bits of O.R.C.A.'s pesonality shone through in the Alterna logs and some of its dialogue and missions (the paint the switches with a brush level making an image of Smallfry, the entire matchmaking stage, its little tones!) but I just wish it got more focus. They really did go nowhere wit it when there was so much they could do. If they don't create O.R.C.A. content, I will.[/spoiler]
Xionahri wrote on 2022-10-12 08:09:53:
And O.R.C.A. feels a bit too much like a red herring, doesn't it? Not making it another evil AI is good, but doing absolutely nothing with it wasn't the right move. Especially since it seemed to have some personality of its own.
@Xionahri
Yes exactly!!! (Spoilers) I loved the way bits of O.R.C.A.'s pesonality shone through in the Alterna logs and some of its dialogue and missions (the paint the switches with a brush level making an image of Smallfry, the entire matchmaking stage, its little tones!) but I just wish it got more focus. They really did go nowhere wit it when there was so much they could do. If they don't create O.R.C.A. content, I will.
zdkBiZa.png
[quote name="VigilantEntity" date="2022-10-12 12:30:01" ] [spoiler]If they don't create O.R.C.A. content, I will.[/spoiler] [/quote] @VigilantEntity [spoiler]If you do so, feel free to post it here! I love seeing fanworks, and as I've written in the thread's introduduction, they've got a place here too. I'm especially always curious to see interpretations of characters who characterisation of their own. This post is spoilered because it doesn't make sense to reply this unspoilered to a block of spoiler text. I never thought talking about a character who does next to nothing would be this complicated.[/spoiler]
VigilantEntity wrote on 2022-10-12 12:30:01:
If they don't create O.R.C.A. content, I will.

@VigilantEntity

If you do so, feel free to post it here! I love seeing fanworks, and as I've written in the thread's introduduction, they've got a place here too. I'm especially always curious to see interpretations of characters who characterisation of their own.

This post is spoilered because it doesn't make sense to reply this unspoilered to a block of spoiler text. I never thought talking about a character who does next to nothing would be this complicated.
I don't think I've ever seen a Splatoon hub on FR! I finally had the time to reach A- the other day :) reached it with the tri-stringer, which accidentally became my main. Oops.

I'm not posting my FC but if anyone wants to play together, feel free to dm and ask :) I don't bite, just like knowing who's on my friends list on the switch.
I don't think I've ever seen a Splatoon hub on FR! I finally had the time to reach A- the other day :) reached it with the tri-stringer, which accidentally became my main. Oops.

I'm not posting my FC but if anyone wants to play together, feel free to dm and ask :) I don't bite, just like knowing who's on my friends list on the switch.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
hello I love playing Splatoon, still haven't found my main [emoji=fae confused size=1] but I like dualie squelchers and sploosh o matic right now
hello I love playing Splatoon, still haven't found my main but I like dualie squelchers and sploosh o matic right now
Ever since Splatoon 3 came out I've been playing it almost daily lol, I've completed my catalog, hit level 34 iirc, beat story mode... I main the Splattershot with Undercover Brella as my secondary, was Team Scissors and Team Fun for the last two splatfests and I'm not sure entirely what I'll be for the next one. I tend to play with my partner a bunch, we run a duo named after our favorite video game characters, so I'll probably end up choosing whatever team they do unless I really, really decide to care about supporting fire.
Ever since Splatoon 3 came out I've been playing it almost daily lol, I've completed my catalog, hit level 34 iirc, beat story mode... I main the Splattershot with Undercover Brella as my secondary, was Team Scissors and Team Fun for the last two splatfests and I'm not sure entirely what I'll be for the next one. I tend to play with my partner a bunch, we run a duo named after our favorite video game characters, so I'll probably end up choosing whatever team they do unless I really, really decide to care about supporting fire.
JXVUomh.png
I've seen a few posts floating around on Tumblr and Reddit about O.R.C.A. already but here are my thoughts: (spoilers) since it made the connection between the crystals, human desires, and how they influenced most of the species in the present but most notably Inklings and Octolings, it may have seen them as like... humanity's successors (in a way Tartar just didn't for various reasons) and probably made the tests because it worked out that some of them would come to Alterna someday and wanted data. I guess it just took advantage of the fuzzy Octarians that were there thanks to Grizz to put them in the tests. (How messed up did the ooze make the Octarians anyway?) Not to mention the stuff it does like have Agent 3 do a drawing of their Smallfry companion in the mission where you ink all the switches but with an Inkbrush.
Also, the first Deep Cut story mode song seems to have an official name! It's called "Raid Under Storm and Stress".
I've seen a few posts floating around on Tumblr and Reddit about O.R.C.A. already but here are my thoughts: (spoilers) since it made the connection between the crystals, human desires, and how they influenced most of the species in the present but most notably Inklings and Octolings, it may have seen them as like... humanity's successors (in a way Tartar just didn't for various reasons) and probably made the tests because it worked out that some of them would come to Alterna someday and wanted data. I guess it just took advantage of the fuzzy Octarians that were there thanks to Grizz to put them in the tests. (How messed up did the ooze make the Octarians anyway?) Not to mention the stuff it does like have Agent 3 do a drawing of their Smallfry companion in the mission where you ink all the switches but with an Inkbrush.
Also, the first Deep Cut story mode song seems to have an official name! It's called "Raid Under Storm and Stress".
zdkBiZa.png
I had no clue there were a bunch of other splatoon players on FR!! (I probably could have assumed so, considering how popular splatoon is. I digress.)

I’m not super sure about sending/posting my friend code here but I’m open to talking about it on PMs or discord! I kind of main everything? But currently my focus is on the flingza roller and brushes (i’m still extremely rusty, be warned.) I’ve been looking for new people to play it with. (also, re: the halloween stuff: i’m pretty sure if we don’t get one in this first year we’ll get it in another year.) I played under team fun last fest and honestly i’m kinda shiver loyal. I might be changing for this fest because my friends are leaning water but I guess we’ll see how everything turns out :)
I had no clue there were a bunch of other splatoon players on FR!! (I probably could have assumed so, considering how popular splatoon is. I digress.)

I’m not super sure about sending/posting my friend code here but I’m open to talking about it on PMs or discord! I kind of main everything? But currently my focus is on the flingza roller and brushes (i’m still extremely rusty, be warned.) I’ve been looking for new people to play it with. (also, re: the halloween stuff: i’m pretty sure if we don’t get one in this first year we’ll get it in another year.) I played under team fun last fest and honestly i’m kinda shiver loyal. I might be changing for this fest because my friends are leaning water but I guess we’ll see how everything turns out :)
x x x x x wbyXDvY.gif x x x epeolatry - they/them - fr+2
x x x x ——————
| pings ok!
| iso: spruce, oilslick, antique,
copper, & abyss g1s
x x x x AHNE3DW.png x | avatar
| sales
| about
| brewing service
ahhh I finished the story mode yesterday, besides the hidden kettle. And goodness it's so hard??? Lol I am taking a break from that mode. I thought the ending was pretty neat, I've never beaten the story mode from 1 or 2. (I do have 2, but never had 1) Giant monster corporate Grizz was adorable, so was not-so-small Fry. Also I loved the styling of the credits!! Using different fonts was fun, and so was shooting. I was really hoping that shot credits would turn that color though, that would've been even more fun. Overall though I thought the story mode pacing was great! What little I played of 2's story mode was kind of a slog, so I didn't get very far. I felt like 3's pacing of starting with very short easy levels, and slowly ramping them up in difficulty (while still keeping play style variety wide), combined with there constantly being goodies to earn, made it very motivating to keep playing. I adore collectathon style mechanics so it was just lovely. (my degree is in game design art so most of what I do analyzes from that perspective)

I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol
ahhh I finished the story mode yesterday, besides the hidden kettle. And goodness it's so hard??? Lol I am taking a break from that mode. I thought the ending was pretty neat, I've never beaten the story mode from 1 or 2. (I do have 2, but never had 1) Giant monster corporate Grizz was adorable, so was not-so-small Fry. Also I loved the styling of the credits!! Using different fonts was fun, and so was shooting. I was really hoping that shot credits would turn that color though, that would've been even more fun. Overall though I thought the story mode pacing was great! What little I played of 2's story mode was kind of a slog, so I didn't get very far. I felt like 3's pacing of starting with very short easy levels, and slowly ramping them up in difficulty (while still keeping play style variety wide), combined with there constantly being goodies to earn, made it very motivating to keep playing. I adore collectathon style mechanics so it was just lovely. (my degree is in game design art so most of what I do analyzes from that perspective)

I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol
eP65k0J.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202