Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
[quote name="Dracowolfie" date="2022-10-14 10:34:05" ] [spoiler]I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol[/spoiler] [/quote] @Dracowolfie The logs say that [spoiler]the launch test of the rocket backfired when its boosters caused the chain reaction that caused the rockfall that killed the humans, meaning it never launched, and the secret logs says that Grizz managed to repair some of the facilities to study the crystals, and stockpiled ooze inside the "still-intact" rocket. O.R.C.A. is very much human made but why the tests are squid/octo based is for now up to the imagination. Unfortunately I don't think the DLC will be returning to Alterna,. but we can hope![/spoiler]
Dracowolfie wrote on 2022-10-14 10:34:05:
I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol
@Dracowolfie
The logs say that the launch test of the rocket backfired when its boosters caused the chain reaction that caused the rockfall that killed the humans, meaning it never launched, and the secret logs says that Grizz managed to repair some of the facilities to study the crystals, and stockpiled ooze inside the "still-intact" rocket. O.R.C.A. is very much human made but why the tests are squid/octo based is for now up to the imagination. Unfortunately I don't think the DLC will be returning to Alterna,. but we can hope!
zdkBiZa.png
[quote name="VigilantEntity" date="2022-10-14 12:12:43" ] [quote name="Dracowolfie" date="2022-10-14 10:34:05" ] [spoiler]I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol[/spoiler] [/quote] @ Dracowolfie The logs say that [spoiler]the launch test of the rocket backfired when its boosters caused the chain reaction that caused the rockfall that killed the humans, meaning it never launched, and the secret logs says that Grizz managed to repair some of the facilities to study the crystals, and stockpiled ooze inside the "still-intact" rocket. O.R.C.A. is very much human made but why the tests are squid/octo based is for now up to the imagination. Unfortunately I don't think the DLC will be returning to Alterna,. but we can hope![/spoiler] [/quote] @VigilantEntity [spoiler]Ahhh yes that's right, I forgot about Grizz repairing stuff for his use. I wonder if O.R.C.A. set up the tests themself, intentionally to help the rise of squidkids/octolings. That'd be a cool case for that AI's sentience and power and would be fun for the game to explore later![/spoiler]
VigilantEntity wrote on 2022-10-14 12:12:43:
Dracowolfie wrote on 2022-10-14 10:34:05:
I also totally agree that O.R.C.A wasn't utilized as the set up implied. I hope they explore that more in DLC or something, because I am curious about the meaning behind the creation of it. Like, if this was an area designed by humans, how and why are there tests that require squid/octo biology? Or am I misremembering and this was created by the new sentient squids? But then why did they leave the rocket stuff intact. I guess maybe it was the squids based on the journal notes spread around the islands. But still lol
@ Dracowolfie
The logs say that the launch test of the rocket backfired when its boosters caused the chain reaction that caused the rockfall that killed the humans, meaning it never launched, and the secret logs says that Grizz managed to repair some of the facilities to study the crystals, and stockpiled ooze inside the "still-intact" rocket. O.R.C.A. is very much human made but why the tests are squid/octo based is for now up to the imagination. Unfortunately I don't think the DLC will be returning to Alterna,. but we can hope!

@VigilantEntity
Ahhh yes that's right, I forgot about Grizz repairing stuff for his use. I wonder if O.R.C.A. set up the tests themself, intentionally to help the rise of squidkids/octolings. That'd be a cool case for that AI's sentience and power and would be fun for the game to explore later!
eP65k0J.png
I LOVE SALMON RUN
that is all
I LOVE SALMON RUN
that is all
i like minecraft (the video game)
Rw7uKRS.png
It’s a cool mode but I prefer Turf War, I find that easier
It’s a cool mode but I prefer Turf War, I find that easier
zdkBiZa.png
Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed?
Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed?
Oh my gosh..This is gonna be one of my favorite forums lol!
I had found out about Splatoon back in 2020 and got Splatoon 2, I've been in love with the series ever since and even have an inksona named S! I also ADORE Deep Cut, they're amazing with their design and the cultures they represent!!!
Oh my gosh..This is gonna be one of my favorite forums lol!
I had found out about Splatoon back in 2020 and got Splatoon 2, I've been in love with the series ever since and even have an inksona named S! I also ADORE Deep Cut, they're amazing with their design and the cultures they represent!!!
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
apUeZZ4.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
w8o0xW1.png LJfZA40.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
T0lT2WO.png
The amount of detail put into Deep Cut is amazing, I definitely agree with you there! And that's without any DLC focusing on them (yet)!
And @Xionahri maybe the supposed balance patch is also a Big Run patch? It would feel weirder at this point for there to not be an October Big Run.
The amount of detail put into Deep Cut is amazing, I definitely agree with you there! And that's without any DLC focusing on them (yet)!
And @Xionahri maybe the supposed balance patch is also a Big Run patch? It would feel weirder at this point for there to not be an October Big Run.
zdkBiZa.png
@VigilantEntity

We're now at the 17th of October. Usually, announcements are more than a week early. On twitter, at least. I feel like if an announcement is coming now, a halloween event would probably end up having too much overlap with the Pokémon fest.

I'm not too disappointed if nothing happens this month. The game's basically just released, and if it needs to take a moment to find its pacing, that's fine with me.
@VigilantEntity

We're now at the 17th of October. Usually, announcements are more than a week early. On twitter, at least. I feel like if an announcement is coming now, a halloween event would probably end up having too much overlap with the Pokémon fest.

I'm not too disappointed if nothing happens this month. The game's basically just released, and if it needs to take a moment to find its pacing, that's fine with me.
hello yes I hear splatoon and am extremely normal about the lore
totally hasn’t gone on a lore binge

i love deep cut so much and got so many thoughts on this game but also anyone else think abt how it’s highly likely that there was just a population of inklings and octolings chilling in the splatlands meanwhile the great turf war happened by inkopolis considering the whole thing with deep cut’s family watched over the splatsville festivals for generations (mentioned in an interview)

Also I play salmon run excessively and main clash blaster I really want the big run soon please I wanna salmon run also give us more salmon lore while ur at it
the current rotations garbo tho so I’m sticking away from salmon run for now
hello yes I hear splatoon and am extremely normal about the lore
totally hasn’t gone on a lore binge

i love deep cut so much and got so many thoughts on this game but also anyone else think abt how it’s highly likely that there was just a population of inklings and octolings chilling in the splatlands meanwhile the great turf war happened by inkopolis considering the whole thing with deep cut’s family watched over the splatsville festivals for generations (mentioned in an interview)

Also I play salmon run excessively and main clash blaster I really want the big run soon please I wanna salmon run also give us more salmon lore while ur at it
the current rotations garbo tho so I’m sticking away from salmon run for now
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-10-17 09:01:31" ] Possibly news: Apparently the game's first balance patch is coming out soon (though I don't have an official source for that information, take it with a grain of salt). Makes sense they've been working on this rather than any October event. Curious what will change. Will tenta missiles finally get nerfed? [/quote] Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks) Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too. *crosses fingers*
Xionahri wrote on 2022-10-17 09:01:31:
Honestly I feel like a lot of the specials and certain weapons need big nerfs lol. (Side eyes blasters and crab tanks)
Hopefully other big bug changes/features get fixed and better balanced soon too.
*crosses fingers*
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202