Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
Sometimes I can't tell if I'm having a "bad aim" day, or if lag is just absolutely sabotaging me. XP

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm having a "bad aim" day, or if lag is just absolutely sabotaging me. XP

shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="Aterna" date="2022-10-18 14:23:52" ] Bruh just found out that cohozuna drops are scuffed. There's no point in killing it. Rip my grinding [/quote] oh noooo I googled it upon seeing your comment and now I am both sad the drop rates are this bad, and somewhat relieved from all the times I didn't actually kill it. Actually atrocious numbers for how hard it is tbh ------- also for the splatfest, probably picking grass! I mean I am nature after all [emoji=nature rune size=1]
Aterna wrote on 2022-10-18 14:23:52:
Bruh just found out that cohozuna drops are scuffed. There's no point in killing it. Rip my grinding
oh noooo I googled it upon seeing your comment and now I am both sad the drop rates are this bad, and somewhat relieved from all the times I didn't actually kill it. Actually atrocious numbers for how hard it is tbh

also for the splatfest, probably picking grass! I mean I am nature after all
eP65k0J.png
Tried out Salmon Run today and had my first Xtrawave. Somehow, we cleared it in the nick of time! (Mini Splatling is excellent for this - I had it during that wave and it did a lot of damage to Cohozuna!) But I only got ten bronze scales for it. RNG is something alright.
Also, the matchmaking in Turf War is something else. I didn't win a single match today, and by the badges people had on their Splashtags, the majority of them had finished the story mode and possibly secret level. You don't see people's levels any more and I'm doing fine enough in terms of skill, but intense losing streaks that you can't break easily start to wear on you a bit. Hopefully this gets changed soon.
Tried out Salmon Run today and had my first Xtrawave. Somehow, we cleared it in the nick of time! (Mini Splatling is excellent for this - I had it during that wave and it did a lot of damage to Cohozuna!) But I only got ten bronze scales for it. RNG is something alright.
Also, the matchmaking in Turf War is something else. I didn't win a single match today, and by the badges people had on their Splashtags, the majority of them had finished the story mode and possibly secret level. You don't see people's levels any more and I'm doing fine enough in terms of skill, but intense losing streaks that you can't break easily start to wear on you a bit. Hopefully this gets changed soon.
zdkBiZa.png
Finally completed the catalog.

Next project: Getting all the stickers for every weapon that aren't the dynamo. Not looking forward to the chargers and splatlings, because I hate them and already know I'll be bad with those. But gotta try everything once, right? (And getting to know the weapons in more depth will likely help with Salmon Run)

That project will probably be put on hold during the Splatfest, because I know I'm okay with my beloved dynamo. And I can't guarantee okay-ness with everything else.
Finally completed the catalog.

Next project: Getting all the stickers for every weapon that aren't the dynamo. Not looking forward to the chargers and splatlings, because I hate them and already know I'll be bad with those. But gotta try everything once, right? (And getting to know the weapons in more depth will likely help with Salmon Run)

That project will probably be put on hold during the Splatfest, because I know I'm okay with my beloved dynamo. And I can't guarantee okay-ness with everything else.
Had another Xtrawave in Salmon Run today. The group managed to clear it at the last second (though this time I was splatted for like the last 15 seconds because SO MANY CHUM). Only got bronze scales again.
On a brighter note, we also had high tide goldie seeking one round! That was actually quite fun!
I'm starting to learn that there's a sort of shorthand with badges - before the match, at a glance it's easy to tell who's done the story mode, the secret level or is only partway through the story, and how proficient they are at various modes and activities. It can actually help a lot for strategy! Anyone else been doing that?
Had another Xtrawave in Salmon Run today. The group managed to clear it at the last second (though this time I was splatted for like the last 15 seconds because SO MANY CHUM). Only got bronze scales again.
On a brighter note, we also had high tide goldie seeking one round! That was actually quite fun!
I'm starting to learn that there's a sort of shorthand with badges - before the match, at a glance it's easy to tell who's done the story mode, the secret level or is only partway through the story, and how proficient they are at various modes and activities. It can actually help a lot for strategy! Anyone else been doing that?
zdkBiZa.png
[quote name="VigilantEntity" date="2022-10-20 12:16:39" ] I'm starting to learn that there's a sort of shorthand with badges - before the match, at a glance it's easy to tell who's done the story mode, the secret level or is only partway through the story, and how proficient they are at various modes and activities. It can actually help a lot for strategy! Anyone else been doing that? [/quote] You can also tell if they've hit A, S, or S+ rank, which is how I usually tell peoples' skill levels at the start of the match. I forget which story mode badge is which but I should memorize them so I can do that. :) I beat the story mode really quickly and I kind of regret it because I loved it but I stayed up really late to beat it and now I remember maybe half of it. Are we allowed to ask if anyone wants to play together in this thread? I'd love some more people to play with tbh.
VigilantEntity wrote on 2022-10-20 12:16:39:

You can also tell if they've hit A, S, or S+ rank, which is how I usually tell peoples' skill levels at the start of the match. I forget which story mode badge is which but I should memorize them so I can do that. :) I beat the story mode really quickly and I kind of regret it because I loved it but I stayed up really late to beat it and now I remember maybe half of it.

Are we allowed to ask if anyone wants to play together in this thread? I'd love some more people to play with tbh.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer

Sure it's allowed. I didn't add my friend code to the top post for no reason. Actually, if you want, we can play together right now.
If so, do you want me at my best (which I can't promise being perfect either) or can I continue my self-imposed quest to level up all the weapons to get stickers? I'm also always open for Salmon Run.
@GuidanceOfficer

Sure it's allowed. I didn't add my friend code to the top post for no reason. Actually, if you want, we can play together right now.
If so, do you want me at my best (which I can't promise being perfect either) or can I continue my self-imposed quest to level up all the weapons to get stickers? I'm also always open for Salmon Run.
@GuidanceOfficer
(Story mode spoilers) The squid form Cuttlefish badge is for completing the story, the Callie & Marie badges are for getting 99 upgrade points (the maximum), and the Grizz badge is for completing After Alterna (though having the teddy ears or having "Alternan" and/or "World Champ" in your title are laso signs of having completed AA).
Hope this helps.

Related: was talking to a friend about the badge shorthand yesterday and it got compared to Japanese names being indicative of potential high skill in Splatoon 2, which is a comparision I think is somewhat fair.
@GuidanceOfficer
(Story mode spoilers) The squid form Cuttlefish badge is for completing the story, the Callie & Marie badges are for getting 99 upgrade points (the maximum), and the Grizz badge is for completing After Alterna (though having the teddy ears or having "Alternan" and/or "World Champ" in your title are laso signs of having completed AA).
Hope this helps.

Related: was talking to a friend about the badge shorthand yesterday and it got compared to Japanese names being indicative of potential high skill in Splatoon 2, which is a comparision I think is somewhat fair.
zdkBiZa.png
@Xionahri I'm actually in class rn :( I'll send you a friend request when I'm home and whenever we're both online @ the same time feel free to hop in a battle with me tho!

What times do you usually play? I haven't been playing as much lately bc of school, but I usually play in the evening FR time. (I'm FR+0 rn.)
@Xionahri I'm actually in class rn :( I'll send you a friend request when I'm home and whenever we're both online @ the same time feel free to hop in a battle with me tho!

What times do you usually play? I haven't been playing as much lately bc of school, but I usually play in the evening FR time. (I'm FR+0 rn.)
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer

Good question. I'm apperently FRT+11 now now due to some daylight savings shenannigans, and I usually play in the afternoon/evening for me, which would be about 3:00 FRT to maybe 6:00 FRT, but with breaks in between to get food and shower and stuff. And sometimes afterwards too. I also sometimes play before work, which would be like around 23:00 FRT.
That all if if I did my math correctly, and what even is math?

During weekends, all bets are off. I may of may not be around at any time. Currently, it's 21:27 for me and I'm not sure yet when I want to sleep.
@GuidanceOfficer

Good question. I'm apperently FRT+11 now now due to some daylight savings shenannigans, and I usually play in the afternoon/evening for me, which would be about 3:00 FRT to maybe 6:00 FRT, but with breaks in between to get food and shower and stuff. And sometimes afterwards too. I also sometimes play before work, which would be like around 23:00 FRT.
That all if if I did my math correctly, and what even is math?

During weekends, all bets are off. I may of may not be around at any time. Currently, it's 21:27 for me and I'm not sure yet when I want to sleep.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202