Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Subnautica Adventures [pinglist]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat @Yellllowstar @shanncrafter @SeaDuchess @FishInAField

I know that I just posted, but these developments felt too big for an edit.

First of all, I got the materials for the Cyclops depth upgrade and will now be heading back up into the sunlit world to craft it. I explored the Inactive Lava Zone a bit, only to get boiled alive, but I least I scanned some more life forms.

I was then informed by the wiki that I wasn't done with the alien facility, so I went back there and (SPOILERS) scanned another data terminal to find out more info about the kharaa bacterium. Then, I tested myself for it by scanning myself (thankfully not by sticking anything up my nose), discovered that it spread through my system more, and then heard ominous music and saw that my hands are now glowing green. Equally cool and gross. I keep looking at my hands like they're a trendy new fashion accessory. I look stylish with them glowing like that!

My PDA did say that the next stage is something like "unpredictable biological mutations," so I'm looking forward to THAT. Next time you see me, I might have a Reaper Leviathan head or something. (I doubt it. I guess I'll have to wait and see...
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat @Yellllowstar @shanncrafter @SeaDuchess @FishInAField

I know that I just posted, but these developments felt too big for an edit.

First of all, I got the materials for the Cyclops depth upgrade and will now be heading back up into the sunlit world to craft it. I explored the Inactive Lava Zone a bit, only to get boiled alive, but I least I scanned some more life forms.

I was then informed by the wiki that I wasn't done with the alien facility, so I went back there and (SPOILERS) scanned another data terminal to find out more info about the kharaa bacterium. Then, I tested myself for it by scanning myself (thankfully not by sticking anything up my nose), discovered that it spread through my system more, and then heard ominous music and saw that my hands are now glowing green. Equally cool and gross. I keep looking at my hands like they're a trendy new fashion accessory. I look stylish with them glowing like that!

My PDA did say that the next stage is something like "unpredictable biological mutations," so I'm looking forward to THAT. Next time you see me, I might have a Reaper Leviathan head or something. (I doubt it. I guess I'll have to wait and see...
oJK1fXV.png
Oh boy you are getting to the cool part of the story!!!
I absolutely love the Ghost leviathan scry! Might try to get an Undertide like that someday!
Some tips:
(minor spoilers ahead)
I don't know if you searched near the first large skeletal remains you can find in the river (the giant armoured thing)... But you will find more alien stuff near... You might find something nice there. I'm just saying :P
Also, one more thing: History is written on the bones my friend, try scanning those large remains, especially the ones near the facility you visited. You may find some interesting stories...

Oh boy you are getting to the cool part of the story!!!
I absolutely love the Ghost leviathan scry! Might try to get an Undertide like that someday!
Some tips:
(minor spoilers ahead)
I don't know if you searched near the first large skeletal remains you can find in the river (the giant armoured thing)... But you will find more alien stuff near... You might find something nice there. I'm just saying :P
Also, one more thing: History is written on the bones my friend, try scanning those large remains, especially the ones near the facility you visited. You may find some interesting stories...

tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png

Last time I died, I respawned in my Cyclops, but for some reason, I didn't this time?

Which means that, since my Seamoth and Cyclops are both in the Lost River, I have to go on a rescue mission.

In a Prawn Suit.

Oh boy.

Last time I died, I respawned in my Cyclops, but for some reason, I didn't this time?

Which means that, since my Seamoth and Cyclops are both in the Lost River, I have to go on a rescue mission.

In a Prawn Suit.

Oh boy.
oJK1fXV.png
For me the Prawn Suit is/was the most difficult to get down to the Lost River. I wish you the best of luck.
For me the Prawn Suit is/was the most difficult to get down to the Lost River. I wish you the best of luck.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave (thanks for the good luck wish!) @Requacy @carpecat @Yellllowstar @shanncrafter @SeaDuchess (thanks for the help!) @FishInAField

I've been on some ADVENTURES lately, let me tell you!

I succeeded at getting the Prawn down to the Lost River and reunited with my Cyclops and Seamoth. I got the materials needed for upgrading both vehicles, but while searching for the place that @/SeaDuchess mentioned, my Cyclops got attacked by a Ghost Leviathan. I managed to successfully scan the Leviathan, but a fire started in my Cyclops and...well, it destroyed it. Thankfully, I was smart and didn't save since the attack, so I was able to reset it without losing any progress besides scanning the Ghost (which was a juvenile, btw).

The choking of poor Mr. Subnautica Guy (who's going through so much already!) and the Cyclops telling me it was about to die will always haunt me.
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave (thanks for the good luck wish!) @Requacy @carpecat @Yellllowstar @shanncrafter @SeaDuchess (thanks for the help!) @FishInAField

I've been on some ADVENTURES lately, let me tell you!

I succeeded at getting the Prawn down to the Lost River and reunited with my Cyclops and Seamoth. I got the materials needed for upgrading both vehicles, but while searching for the place that @/SeaDuchess mentioned, my Cyclops got attacked by a Ghost Leviathan. I managed to successfully scan the Leviathan, but a fire started in my Cyclops and...well, it destroyed it. Thankfully, I was smart and didn't save since the attack, so I was able to reset it without losing any progress besides scanning the Ghost (which was a juvenile, btw).

The choking of poor Mr. Subnautica Guy (who's going through so much already!) and the Cyclops telling me it was about to die will always haunt me.
oJK1fXV.png

I just went on a huge Subnautica-playing marathon. I found the alien building in Lost River (and will come back to it later), got some stuff from a seabase in Deep Grand Reef (including the tablet I need to open the door into the alien place), and upgraded the Cyclops' depth module. I also now have an Alien Containment Unit and put a few eggs I found into it.

I just went on a huge Subnautica-playing marathon. I found the alien building in Lost River (and will come back to it later), got some stuff from a seabase in Deep Grand Reef (including the tablet I need to open the door into the alien place), and upgraded the Cyclops' depth module. I also now have an Alien Containment Unit and put a few eggs I found into it.
oJK1fXV.png
Ooh, let please let us know what hatches.
Ooh, let please let us know what hatches.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png

I have made myself more cozy and comfortable. First of all, I was looking for the storage unit where I dump all of my useless junk, as I wanted my radiation gloves back to cover up my creepy green hands. I was unable to find it, until I saw that it had somehow drifted far away from my lifepod. Weird. Anyway, I now have gloves (so that I can pretend that everything is normal), and I have a bed so that poor Mr. Subnautica Guy can finally sleep. There was a cute animation of him getting up and stretching afterwards, even if it doesn’t make sense that he slept in a full diving suit. Oh well, speaking of cute, here comes the most important update of this post (and possibly this entire thread)...

The eggs hatched in the Alien Containment. There are two Jellyrays, one Rabbit Ray, and one EVIL NEMESIS- I mean, Crashfish (although, to be fair, I knew it was going to hatch into that because I already got one of that kind of egg in Creative Mode). But, most importantly, one of them hatched into a Cuddlefish. I have named him Toby and I will protect him with my life and my soul. I love him so much. Does anyone have any tips for keeping him out of danger? He seems like a mischievous fellow. FINALLY, I have an actual living thing who I can be friends with instead of just anthropomorphizing inanimate objects!

Also, Reginald (the first one who I encountered), who I have been storing in a chest waiting until this moment, has finally been put into alien containment to frolic around. I love his goofy googly eyes. He looks so happy now.

Also, a note: I did all of this and wrote the post last night, but I decided to post it in the morning because I know a lot of people are asleep in different timezones when I play Subnautica at night. Would you all prefer it if I kept posting the following day whenever I played Subnautica late in the day? I wouldn’t be able to post this early in the morning when it’s not the weekend, but I would be able to post around 1:00 PM PST on most days.

I have made myself more cozy and comfortable. First of all, I was looking for the storage unit where I dump all of my useless junk, as I wanted my radiation gloves back to cover up my creepy green hands. I was unable to find it, until I saw that it had somehow drifted far away from my lifepod. Weird. Anyway, I now have gloves (so that I can pretend that everything is normal), and I have a bed so that poor Mr. Subnautica Guy can finally sleep. There was a cute animation of him getting up and stretching afterwards, even if it doesn’t make sense that he slept in a full diving suit. Oh well, speaking of cute, here comes the most important update of this post (and possibly this entire thread)...

The eggs hatched in the Alien Containment. There are two Jellyrays, one Rabbit Ray, and one EVIL NEMESIS- I mean, Crashfish (although, to be fair, I knew it was going to hatch into that because I already got one of that kind of egg in Creative Mode). But, most importantly, one of them hatched into a Cuddlefish. I have named him Toby and I will protect him with my life and my soul. I love him so much. Does anyone have any tips for keeping him out of danger? He seems like a mischievous fellow. FINALLY, I have an actual living thing who I can be friends with instead of just anthropomorphizing inanimate objects!

Also, Reginald (the first one who I encountered), who I have been storing in a chest waiting until this moment, has finally been put into alien containment to frolic around. I love his goofy googly eyes. He looks so happy now.

Also, a note: I did all of this and wrote the post last night, but I decided to post it in the morning because I know a lot of people are asleep in different timezones when I play Subnautica at night. Would you all prefer it if I kept posting the following day whenever I played Subnautica late in the day? I wouldn’t be able to post this early in the morning when it’s not the weekend, but I would be able to post around 1:00 PM PST on most days.
oJK1fXV.png
Yay! I'm glad to see your progress so far! Beds are cool because you can skip those spooky nightimes and work properly during day. (Also, if you are wondering, the character's name is Ryley!) Also, your experience with the eggs reminded me of the first time I hatched a creature in this game! It was a stalker I think, never named him tbh, I should have [emoji=coatl sad size=1] About the cuddlefish: I rather keep them near my base, away from the area I use for vehicle manoeuvres (I accidentally hit mine with the seamoth once, I got really scared lol, happily I didn't kill them). I know it is cute to have them follow around, and that they have a ton of health, but better safe than sorry I guess. So I just tell mine to stay near the base, by a little garden I build outside, and visit them whenever I want. Just command them to stay, they are quite obedient! :P Edit: I JUST READ THE PAST POSTS AND I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR CYCLOPS OMG I should have mentioned that your must be stealthy while going there :( I suppose the cuddlefish egg you got came from the place I suggested? If not, well, now you know what's in there [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Yay! I'm glad to see your progress so far!
Beds are cool because you can skip those spooky nightimes and work properly during day. (Also, if you are wondering, the character's name is Ryley!)

Also, your experience with the eggs reminded me of the first time I hatched a creature in this game! It was a stalker I think, never named him tbh, I should have

About the cuddlefish: I rather keep them near my base, away from the area I use for vehicle manoeuvres (I accidentally hit mine with the seamoth once, I got really scared lol, happily I didn't kill them). I know it is cute to have them follow around, and that they have a ton of health, but better safe than sorry I guess. So I just tell mine to stay near the base, by a little garden I build outside, and visit them whenever I want. Just command them to stay, they are quite obedient! :P

Edit: I JUST READ THE PAST POSTS AND I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR CYCLOPS OMG
I should have mentioned that your must be stealthy while going there :(
I suppose the cuddlefish egg you got came from the place I suggested? If not, well, now you know what's in there
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
@SeaDuchess Don’t worry, my Cyclops is fine! I didn’t save after the attack happened, so I was able to reset it to before it got destroyed and it’s okay. Thanks for the sympathy anyways :)

I know his name is Ryley, I just call him Mr. Subnautica Guy because it’s funny XD When I first saw his entry in the lore-thing from the Aurora that said he was something like a “non-essential systems head,” I was like, “Hey, what do you mean, non-essential?” haha

Thanks for the Cuddlefish tips! I got the egg from the Deep Grand Reef Degasi base. I guess I’m gonna have two now! When I get back on Subnautica, I’ll take a picture of Toby and post it here.
@SeaDuchess Don’t worry, my Cyclops is fine! I didn’t save after the attack happened, so I was able to reset it to before it got destroyed and it’s okay. Thanks for the sympathy anyways :)

I know his name is Ryley, I just call him Mr. Subnautica Guy because it’s funny XD When I first saw his entry in the lore-thing from the Aurora that said he was something like a “non-essential systems head,” I was like, “Hey, what do you mean, non-essential?” haha

Thanks for the Cuddlefish tips! I got the egg from the Deep Grand Reef Degasi base. I guess I’m gonna have two now! When I get back on Subnautica, I’ll take a picture of Toby and post it here.
oJK1fXV.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18