Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | NaNoWriMo 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6
Is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year??

I am going to attempt it. I tried last year, but with my schedule, it didn't work out. This year my job offers a consistent schedule so I will be able to block out a specific amount of time for writing.

I have an idea down that I have been slowly fleshing out over the past year in my mind and some on paper. It has promise, just need to actually do the thing.

My goal is more to finish fleshing it this NaNo than anything. I want to get 50,000 down in plot ideas, character development, world development, etc. So I am a NaNo rebel this year as well. I hope to actually get to the writing portion towards the end of the month as well.

My idea funny enough started out as a short story that I felt could be turned into something more. It has. I actually have the bare ones of 3 novels planned for it, it turned into a series. This is the first novel idea of mine that I have ever fallen in love with like I have.
Is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year??

I am going to attempt it. I tried last year, but with my schedule, it didn't work out. This year my job offers a consistent schedule so I will be able to block out a specific amount of time for writing.

I have an idea down that I have been slowly fleshing out over the past year in my mind and some on paper. It has promise, just need to actually do the thing.

My goal is more to finish fleshing it this NaNo than anything. I want to get 50,000 down in plot ideas, character development, world development, etc. So I am a NaNo rebel this year as well. I hope to actually get to the writing portion towards the end of the month as well.

My idea funny enough started out as a short story that I felt could be turned into something more. It has. I actually have the bare ones of 3 novels planned for it, it turned into a series. This is the first novel idea of mine that I have ever fallen in love with like I have.
LEpJMnn.pngzNcyhot.pngtRvB8Xn.pngAswnqzl.pngzl1ZGZ2.png
Neat! I'm excited for you! :D

I have a ton of ideas and I know I really, really wanna do NaNo this year. Last year was... eeesh. It was bad. Even without the 'rona, I had a lot of stuff going on around November time. This year, I'm in a much better place, AND I've been inspired and motivated to write again, FINALLY. I haven't written anything super recently, but I've cranked out a good 20k or so over the past months, which is insane when you consider how little I was writing before that. I basically wasn't writing anything creatively, like at all. But this year, I rediscovered the high of staying up 'til 3 in the morning just writing furiously because you're really into it and just can't stop. I also relived the frustration of forcing through a troubling bit of writing that you had in your head but just couldn't get on the page for some reason, and the satisfaction that comes from making it through to the other side of that. It's been literally years since I've felt like this. Turns out good antidepressants can really make a difference, holy heck. This November I just need to focus my efforts on a story that I know I can sink my teeth into so I can let the words fly! Maybe I'll finally produce something I can submit for publication??

TL;DR version - I'm doing NaNo this year for the first time in a long freaking time and I am PUMPED.
Neat! I'm excited for you! :D

I have a ton of ideas and I know I really, really wanna do NaNo this year. Last year was... eeesh. It was bad. Even without the 'rona, I had a lot of stuff going on around November time. This year, I'm in a much better place, AND I've been inspired and motivated to write again, FINALLY. I haven't written anything super recently, but I've cranked out a good 20k or so over the past months, which is insane when you consider how little I was writing before that. I basically wasn't writing anything creatively, like at all. But this year, I rediscovered the high of staying up 'til 3 in the morning just writing furiously because you're really into it and just can't stop. I also relived the frustration of forcing through a troubling bit of writing that you had in your head but just couldn't get on the page for some reason, and the satisfaction that comes from making it through to the other side of that. It's been literally years since I've felt like this. Turns out good antidepressants can really make a difference, holy heck. This November I just need to focus my efforts on a story that I know I can sink my teeth into so I can let the words fly! Maybe I'll finally produce something I can submit for publication??

TL;DR version - I'm doing NaNo this year for the first time in a long freaking time and I am PUMPED.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
what is NaNoWriMo? /gen
what is NaNoWriMo? /gen
Returning after a long time of not being on
My name is The Puff is IN! Not The Puffis or The Puffin /nm
[quote name="ThePuffisIN" date="2021-10-24 18:02:35" ] what is NaNoWriMo? [/quote] https://nanowrimo.org/ [color=transparent][size=1][size=1][s]not to be 'that guy' but this was the first search result on google[/s][/size][/size][/color]
ThePuffisIN wrote on 2021-10-24 18:02:35:
what is NaNoWriMo?

https://nanowrimo.org/

not to be 'that guy' but this was the first search result on google
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
I'm also trying to take part this year! I have a horror novel I've been working on slowly, so mainly I just want to make some more progress with it via NaNo this year.
I'm also trying to take part this year! I have a horror novel I've been working on slowly, so mainly I just want to make some more progress with it via NaNo this year.
WRW2rGw.png
9YmzAZz.png
hzM3Sr2.png
ninbinarycatcher.png scroll.png
[quote name="@ThePuffisIN" date="2021-10-24 18:02:35" ] what is NaNoWriMo? /gen [/quote] [b]Na[/b]tional [b]No[/b]vel [b]Wri[/b]ting [b]Mo[/b]nth is an event held every November in the U.S. (and maybe other places?) wherein one attempts to write an entire novel during the month. Writers may set their own goals, but the standard number of words for a novel for this event is 50,000. The website listed above has forums, goal-setting tools, teams, and more for writers. I'm doing it, too, but due to my overwhelming fear of trying to write 1,666.67 words every day, I've elected to set my goal at 27,000 words for the month, or 900 words per day. I think it's more my speed.
@ThePuffisIN wrote on 2021-10-24 18:02:35:
what is NaNoWriMo? /gen

National Novel Writing Month is an event held every November in the U.S. (and maybe other places?) wherein one attempts to write an entire novel during the month.

Writers may set their own goals, but the standard number of words for a novel for this event is 50,000. The website listed above has forums, goal-setting tools, teams, and more for writers.

I'm doing it, too, but due to my overwhelming fear of trying to write 1,666.67 words every day, I've elected to set my goal at 27,000 words for the month, or 900 words per day.

I think it's more my speed.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I've never participated, and frankly don't think I'll have the time + be physically capable (wrist issues), but seeing this is starting to make me really want to.

If I'm careful, I can probably set a soft goal of 10k words, or something? It'd be nice to actually get my lore written down.
I've never participated, and frankly don't think I'll have the time + be physically capable (wrist issues), but seeing this is starting to make me really want to.

If I'm careful, I can probably set a soft goal of 10k words, or something? It'd be nice to actually get my lore written down.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
@4O4

That sounds like a great idea!

btw - I love your username and avatar and signature!
@4O4

That sounds like a great idea!

btw - I love your username and avatar and signature!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I'm going to try it out, I've started planning out my story.
I'm going to try it out, I've started planning out my story.
Copy and paste my name to avoid mispings!
Why I really need you to send me a random friend request!
@deztora

Awesome!! I am super happy for you. It has been a hot minute since I really wrote something substantial.

@antelope

Oooh I love a good horror novel.

@SocklessWonder

I may end up editing my goal after I see how the first week treats me. I'd like to try for the 50k but I am not sure if it will be achievable for me.

@4O4

Sounds great! Any bit of writing is good, even if it is a small amount a day.

@Petrichoris

Good luck!!
@deztora

Awesome!! I am super happy for you. It has been a hot minute since I really wrote something substantial.

@antelope

Oooh I love a good horror novel.

@SocklessWonder

I may end up editing my goal after I see how the first week treats me. I'd like to try for the 50k but I am not sure if it will be achievable for me.

@4O4

Sounds great! Any bit of writing is good, even if it is a small amount a day.

@Petrichoris

Good luck!!
LEpJMnn.pngzNcyhot.pngtRvB8Xn.pngAswnqzl.pngzl1ZGZ2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6