Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon [Hub]
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 62
Granted I've seen so far a 2 hours long of someone's recorded stream and have read and seen screenshots of various spoilers, I still can't believe that due to timetraveling wackiness, a clan of Meiji-era Ainu people basically adopted a train-obsessed modern-era New Yorker! Poor guy got literally yeeted into past just like what happened to the protagonist.
Granted I've seen so far a 2 hours long of someone's recorded stream and have read and seen screenshots of various spoilers, I still can't believe that due to timetraveling wackiness, a clan of Meiji-era Ainu people basically adopted a train-obsessed modern-era New Yorker! Poor guy got literally yeeted into past just like what happened to the protagonist.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
There is 1 thing I dislike about the story of Legends, and that is that (post-game spoilers) Giratina is portrayed as downright evil here when this kind of elaborate scheming behaviour was never shown from them in Platinum or the anime. It's known they control antimatter, and antimatter is dangerous to matter, so that's probably part of they reason they got put in the distortion world in the first place (as well as their aggressive behaviour) in my view. It's a safeguard for both them and the world. I don't see why they would go out of their way to make Arceus suffer for this, unless this is a "this is how they were at the time" thing. But it still doesn't sit right with me. Anyone else dislike this plot point?
There is 1 thing I dislike about the story of Legends, and that is that (post-game spoilers) Giratina is portrayed as downright evil here when this kind of elaborate scheming behaviour was never shown from them in Platinum or the anime. It's known they control antimatter, and antimatter is dangerous to matter, so that's probably part of they reason they got put in the distortion world in the first place (as well as their aggressive behaviour) in my view. It's a safeguard for both them and the world. I don't see why they would go out of their way to make Arceus suffer for this, unless this is a "this is how they were at the time" thing. But it still doesn't sit right with me. Anyone else dislike this plot point?
zdkBiZa.png
[quote name="VigilantEntity" date="2022-02-03 11:05:37" ] There is 1 thing I dislike about the story of Legends, and that is that (post-game spoilers) [spoiler]Giratina is portrayed as downright evil here when this kind of elaborate scheming behaviour was never shown from them in Platinum or the anime. It's known they control antimatter, and antimatter is dangerous to matter, so that's probably part of they reason they got put in the distortion world in the first place (as well as their aggressive behaviour) in my view. It's a safeguard for both them and the world. I don't see why they would go out of their way to make Arceus suffer for this, unless this is a "this is how they were at the time" thing. But it still doesn't sit right with me. [/spoiler]Anyone else dislike this plot point? [/quote] Hmm…[spoiler]I don’t know if they were actually portraying Giratina as downright evil, although I just defeated Volo and Giratina, but from what I recall, the game has only mentioned Giratina being banished to the Distortion World due to its violent ways, which is a bit ambiguous in my opinion. [/spoiler]
VigilantEntity wrote on 2022-02-03 11:05:37:
Hmm…I don’t know if they were actually portraying Giratina as downright evil, although I just defeated Volo and Giratina, but from what I recall, the game has only mentioned Giratina being banished to the Distortion World due to its violent ways, which is a bit ambiguous in my opinion.
fced41bdccad1a8c5ef3e9ae0635f4b0a7267717.gif
oh there's a pokemon hub, cool!

havent played any of the new games yet but hoping people are enjoying them. :p
oh there's a pokemon hub, cool!

havent played any of the new games yet but hoping people are enjoying them. :p
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
Legends Arceus might be the best game I've played in years, with only one real annoyance (the arcane controls with no way to change them). Patch in an option to fix that, a compass on the HUD and an option to punch Melli and Kamado in the face and it'd be an easy 10/10. Just bloody brilliant.

About to take on Centaurworld Palkia; my team's Decidueye, Alpha Bibarel, male Basculegion, shiny female Basculegion, Alpha Overqwil and shiny Goodra with shiny Sneasler, shiny Zoroark and shiny Ursaluna on the sidelines.

EDIT: Caught the big red bear. ^-^
Legends Arceus might be the best game I've played in years, with only one real annoyance (the arcane controls with no way to change them). Patch in an option to fix that, a compass on the HUD and an option to punch Melli and Kamado in the face and it'd be an easy 10/10. Just bloody brilliant.

About to take on Centaurworld Palkia; my team's Decidueye, Alpha Bibarel, male Basculegion, shiny female Basculegion, Alpha Overqwil and shiny Goodra with shiny Sneasler, shiny Zoroark and shiny Ursaluna on the sidelines.

EDIT: Caught the big red bear. ^-^
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
[quote name="DragonsOfLegend" date="2022-02-03 17:57:06" ] Hmm…[spoiler]I don’t know if they were actually portraying Giratina as downright evil, although I just defeated Volo and Giratina, but from what I recall, the game has only mentioned Giratina being banished to the Distortion World due to its violent ways, which is a bit ambiguous in my opinion. [/spoiler] [/quote] It may be ambiguous but [spoiler]Volo at least thinks that it's evil enough or antagonistic enough to 1 attempt to violently disrupt Arceus' world and try to attack Arceus themself (inferred from them giving him the spooky plate years ago?) and 2 [i]strike down a child[/i] (Like Gehtsis.) Though if you capture them Laventon does say they've decided to protect the world, so it's possible this is a "they were like this but then they changed for the better"[/spoiler]
DragonsOfLegend wrote on 2022-02-03 17:57:06:
Hmm…I don’t know if they were actually portraying Giratina as downright evil, although I just defeated Volo and Giratina, but from what I recall, the game has only mentioned Giratina being banished to the Distortion World due to its violent ways, which is a bit ambiguous in my opinion.
It may be ambiguous but Volo at least thinks that it's evil enough or antagonistic enough to 1 attempt to violently disrupt Arceus' world and try to attack Arceus themself (inferred from them giving him the spooky plate years ago?) and 2 strike down a child (Like Gehtsis.) Though if you capture them Laventon does say they've decided to protect the world, so it's possible this is a "they were like this but then they changed for the better"
zdkBiZa.png
Potential new rock painting project: Every single pokemon. Potentially even every variant, auch as megas, regional forms and if I really feel like it dimorphism too. Here's the first. Of course a bulbasaur. [img]https://i.imgur.com/IQTkKHT.jpeg[/img] Rocks are not an easiy medium to paint well on, and this one was full of holes which didn't make things easier, but at least the little bulby is recognizable. I like it.
Potential new rock painting project: Every single pokemon. Potentially even every variant, auch as megas, regional forms and if I really feel like it dimorphism too.
Here's the first. Of course a bulbasaur.
IQTkKHT.jpeg

Rocks are not an easiy medium to paint well on, and this one was full of holes which didn't make things easier, but at least the little bulby is recognizable. I like it.
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2022-02-04 11:50:44" ] Potential new rock painting project: Every single pokemon. Potentially even every variant, auch as megas, regional forms and if I really feel like it dimorphism too. Here's the first. Of course a bulbasaur. [img]https://i.imgur.com/IQTkKHT.jpeg[/img] Rocks are not an easiy medium to paint well on, and this one was full of holes which didn't make things easier, but at least the little bulby is recognizable. I like it. [/quote] Oh, thats so cool!
Xionahri wrote on 2022-02-04 11:50:44:
Potential new rock painting project: Every single pokemon. Potentially even every variant, auch as megas, regional forms and if I really feel like it dimorphism too.
Here's the first. Of course a bulbasaur.
IQTkKHT.jpeg

Rocks are not an easiy medium to paint well on, and this one was full of holes which didn't make things easier, but at least the little bulby is recognizable. I like it.
Oh, thats so cool!

GY8SaZl.png
Them/They. Polish. FR 9+. You can call me Vulture, KingVulture, BSM, Moon or even Raptor. A big Rain World, Hollow Knight and Portal fan. A big idiot that just wants a frien. About me. My Wishlist.
Oh I didn't know this hub was here.

Anyways, happy belated Helioptile Day, yall! January 19th, the day Pokemon Go finally released my baby!
Oh I didn't know this hub was here.

Anyways, happy belated Helioptile Day, yall! January 19th, the day Pokemon Go finally released my baby!
My babies!
s.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.png
Hi @capriciousCatnip just a quick comment to say that I don’t really understand the “yikes” and “major disappointment” that you feel about PLA. I found it to be extremely fun, and probably the best Pokemon game in 20 years. Is it perfect? No. Does it need to be? In any case, I truely believe that PLA represents the future of what a Pokemon game should be.
Hi @capriciousCatnip just a quick comment to say that I don’t really understand the “yikes” and “major disappointment” that you feel about PLA. I found it to be extremely fun, and probably the best Pokemon game in 20 years. Is it perfect? No. Does it need to be? In any case, I truely believe that PLA represents the future of what a Pokemon game should be.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 62