Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Official Silent Hill Hub
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
do you think the remake will be good
i think the bloober team's layers of fear games were cool (didnt play them but watched playthroughs) and i saw some of there other games looked cool so i dont think it will be terrible

i really wanted to play 2 & 3 but i heard they lost the code for the orignal versions so no switch port ever, i plan to eventually get the old xbox version of 2 and i am wondering is there an old xbox version of 3?

do you have recommendations of games like silent hill where it has the weird imagery and surreal horror (and are on switch)? and isnt like those stealth only horror games (for me ok to have stealth as an option but its annoying to have it the only option or not being able to fight any of the enemies)

i think the closest i have are darkwood and signalis they are really cool and i recommend them to anyone who likes silent hill (i havent finished them yet so no spoilers pls)
do you think the remake will be good
i think the bloober team's layers of fear games were cool (didnt play them but watched playthroughs) and i saw some of there other games looked cool so i dont think it will be terrible

i really wanted to play 2 & 3 but i heard they lost the code for the orignal versions so no switch port ever, i plan to eventually get the old xbox version of 2 and i am wondering is there an old xbox version of 3?

do you have recommendations of games like silent hill where it has the weird imagery and surreal horror (and are on switch)? and isnt like those stealth only horror games (for me ok to have stealth as an option but its annoying to have it the only option or not being able to fight any of the enemies)

i think the closest i have are darkwood and signalis they are really cool and i recommend them to anyone who likes silent hill (i havent finished them yet so no spoilers pls)
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
@monkfishlover

SH3 unfortunately wasn't released on xbox. There's the HD collection, but they're not really great versions of them. I think looking into getting the originals on PC would be your best option, they shouldn't be too taxing.

Alan Wake 2 is currently the closest thing to a modern Silent Hill, but it isn't available on the Switch.

I'd maybe check out games like Dead Space and the first Evil Within. Not sure about the availability of them on Switch though, they should be on it?
@monkfishlover

SH3 unfortunately wasn't released on xbox. There's the HD collection, but they're not really great versions of them. I think looking into getting the originals on PC would be your best option, they shouldn't be too taxing.

Alan Wake 2 is currently the closest thing to a modern Silent Hill, but it isn't available on the Switch.

I'd maybe check out games like Dead Space and the first Evil Within. Not sure about the availability of them on Switch though, they should be on it?
Ohh I can second the Alan Wake 2 recommendation!!! I've been watching a playthrough of it on Youtube and it's just so good. Btw I also recommend Signalis. It takes heavy inspiration from Resident Evil and Silent Hill and has a huge surreal aspect to it.
Ohh I can second the Alan Wake 2 recommendation!!! I've been watching a playthrough of it on Youtube and it's just so good. Btw I also recommend Signalis. It takes heavy inspiration from Resident Evil and Silent Hill and has a huge surreal aspect to it.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
@eeep

AW2 really just has everything I love in a horror game/story and has such huge Silent Hill vibes. The entire area from Saga's third chapter just felt like it was straight out of the old SH games.

Even down to the puzzles reminding me of the classic games, it's been a while since a game made me take out a pen and paper to solve stuff.

also hello i am here to declare my love for the koskelas best new characters in a game this year
@eeep

AW2 really just has everything I love in a horror game/story and has such huge Silent Hill vibes. The entire area from Saga's third chapter just felt like it was straight out of the old SH games.

Even down to the puzzles reminding me of the classic games, it's been a while since a game made me take out a pen and paper to solve stuff.

also hello i am here to declare my love for the koskelas best new characters in a game this year
I will say, I liked the original Alan Wake, as well. However, it's much more goofy and tongue-in-cheek than the second one.
I will say, I liked the original Alan Wake, as well. However, it's much more goofy and tongue-in-cheek than the second one.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
@eeep

Yeah it went from action thriller/horror to straight up survival horror and the tone is a lot darker, although it still manages to have the goofy moments and humour.
@eeep

Yeah it went from action thriller/horror to straight up survival horror and the tone is a lot darker, although it still manages to have the goofy moments and humour.
@monkfishlover

To put it bluntly? No, I don't think it's going to be good.

If they keep it identical in story to the original version, just update the graphics and the systems in the game, like combat and inventory management, then they might just be able to pull it off and if they do that, I will be the first to commend them on it.

But this is Bloober Team we're talking about. There's no way they won't want to put their own "spin" on things, and considering their current track record with how they handle heavy topics like mental health in their games is, to put it politely, HORRIBLE, I dread to think what changes they would make to SH2, a game known for presenting heavy topics (I really do not wamt to know how they are gonna handle Angela's story, considering what that's about...)

They produce games that LOOK good but have very little actual substance to them. Layers of Fear was basically a glorified walking sim and do NOT get me started on The Medium.

Unfortunately, most of the SH type games I know of are either Not Good or focus on hiding instead of fighting back. Other than those already mentioned, the only one I can suggest is Song of Horror, but that is a stealth one.

If you want some general horror, though, go for Fatal Frame. I will ALWAYS recommend that series, it is so good, and the fourth and fifth games are on the Switch. Unfortunately, the first three are hard to get hold of (1 was for Xbox and PS2, 2 was also on those but got a remake on the Wii, 3 was a PS2 exclusive) so you might have to either watch playthroughs (I recommend Gab Smoulders for that) or emulate them.
@monkfishlover

To put it bluntly? No, I don't think it's going to be good.

If they keep it identical in story to the original version, just update the graphics and the systems in the game, like combat and inventory management, then they might just be able to pull it off and if they do that, I will be the first to commend them on it.

But this is Bloober Team we're talking about. There's no way they won't want to put their own "spin" on things, and considering their current track record with how they handle heavy topics like mental health in their games is, to put it politely, HORRIBLE, I dread to think what changes they would make to SH2, a game known for presenting heavy topics (I really do not wamt to know how they are gonna handle Angela's story, considering what that's about...)

They produce games that LOOK good but have very little actual substance to them. Layers of Fear was basically a glorified walking sim and do NOT get me started on The Medium.

Unfortunately, most of the SH type games I know of are either Not Good or focus on hiding instead of fighting back. Other than those already mentioned, the only one I can suggest is Song of Horror, but that is a stealth one.

If you want some general horror, though, go for Fatal Frame. I will ALWAYS recommend that series, it is so good, and the fourth and fifth games are on the Switch. Unfortunately, the first three are hard to get hold of (1 was for Xbox and PS2, 2 was also on those but got a remake on the Wii, 3 was a PS2 exclusive) so you might have to either watch playthroughs (I recommend Gab Smoulders for that) or emulate them.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
We got some kind of speculating going on for SH2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/silent-hill-2-remake-polishing-phase/amp/

So we might get it this year and, going off another article, it's likely a PS5 exclusive which isn't much of a surprise.

I'm still worried that there has been so little news about the game. Not even a screenshot or...well anything other than the title screen. If the game really is close to finished, hopefully we'll get SOMETHING soon...

Edit: Someone on the reddit has been taking Ascension clips and comparing them to Oblivion NPCs and I am CACKLIMG AGAIN
We got some kind of speculating going on for SH2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/silent-hill-2-remake-polishing-phase/amp/

So we might get it this year and, going off another article, it's likely a PS5 exclusive which isn't much of a surprise.

I'm still worried that there has been so little news about the game. Not even a screenshot or...well anything other than the title screen. If the game really is close to finished, hopefully we'll get SOMETHING soon...

Edit: Someone on the reddit has been taking Ascension clips and comparing them to Oblivion NPCs and I am CACKLIMG AGAIN
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
@SheridanCharon

If the teams mostly moved on it's basically ready to release. I'm guessing it'll be either March/April.

If it's going to get a short marketing cycle they're either really confident in it or just plan to slip it out while trying to show as little as possible and hope it still sells.

The reddits been great with the Ascension memes. Is it still going I actually haven't seen anyone even discussing the latest episodes for it at all.
@SheridanCharon

If the teams mostly moved on it's basically ready to release. I'm guessing it'll be either March/April.

If it's going to get a short marketing cycle they're either really confident in it or just plan to slip it out while trying to show as little as possible and hope it still sells.

The reddits been great with the Ascension memes. Is it still going I actually haven't seen anyone even discussing the latest episodes for it at all.
State of Play in about 30 minutes, supposedly a release date trailer for SH2 should be there.

I'll reapply the clown makeup for when it doesn't show.
State of Play in about 30 minutes, supposedly a release date trailer for SH2 should be there.

I'll reapply the clown makeup for when it doesn't show.
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45