Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Official Silent Hill Hub
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
@BladeDancer

At this point, that genuinely would not surprise me. I've officially lost all hope of us ever getting another good Silent Hill game, because with this garbage, my hopes for the other new games haven't just hit rock bottom, they've somehow found a shovel and kept digging.
@BladeDancer

At this point, that genuinely would not surprise me. I've officially lost all hope of us ever getting another good Silent Hill game, because with this garbage, my hopes for the other new games haven't just hit rock bottom, they've somehow found a shovel and kept digging.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
@SheridanCharon

I hope when they inevitably lose a ton of money on this and Konami decides to do away with Silent Hill, they just sell the IP off so a company that actually cares can pick it up and make a new one with love for the franchise.
@SheridanCharon

I hope when they inevitably lose a ton of money on this and Konami decides to do away with Silent Hill, they just sell the IP off so a company that actually cares can pick it up and make a new one with love for the franchise.
@BladeDancer

Sad thing is, I don't think that's what's going to happen. I get the nasty feeling this...abomination is gonna making them money because SH fans are that starved for content, some will throw money at this, and then there's the idiots who LIKE this kind of set up.

Silent Hill is dead.
@BladeDancer

Sad thing is, I don't think that's what's going to happen. I get the nasty feeling this...abomination is gonna making them money because SH fans are that starved for content, some will throw money at this, and then there's the idiots who LIKE this kind of set up.

Silent Hill is dead.
KASr4bY.png
@SheridanCharon

If some of the bigger streamers play watch this and make fun of it, I can see their viewers paying for the 'influence' packs to try and vote for the worst choices.
That's probably what they're counting on.

Their screenshot of them testing the chat is a pretty generous assumption of what it's going to go like tho - I really don't think anyone is going to be spamming 'iconic' for this.

Don't worry, we can always go back to the era of Pachinko machines!
@SheridanCharon

If some of the bigger streamers play watch this and make fun of it, I can see their viewers paying for the 'influence' packs to try and vote for the worst choices.
That's probably what they're counting on.

Their screenshot of them testing the chat is a pretty generous assumption of what it's going to go like tho - I really don't think anyone is going to be spamming 'iconic' for this.

Don't worry, we can always go back to the era of Pachinko machines!
@BladeDancer

That is EXACTLY what they're hoping for and will probably happen. I can think of quite a few YouTubers who'd stream it, namely a few big ones like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, although I am REALLY hoping those two at least would have more brains than that....

They won't be spamming "iconic" but I can already see what they WILL get spams of...

...Or skateboards.
@BladeDancer

That is EXACTLY what they're hoping for and will probably happen. I can think of quite a few YouTubers who'd stream it, namely a few big ones like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, although I am REALLY hoping those two at least would have more brains than that....

They won't be spamming "iconic" but I can already see what they WILL get spams of...

...Or skateboards.
KASr4bY.png
@SheridanCharon

Saw a streamer was watching some pre-chat show thing the devs are doing for it. They seriously think this is some super hyped event that everyone's excited for.

The chat isn't moderated at all, people saying stuff like "it's not too late to just delete the entire site." Oh and of course spamming racist comments and stuff that are just been left up. They seriously didn't expect the first thing that would happen with a focus on an interactive chat is people would use it like this? They couldn't hire a single moderator?

I'll take the return of the skateboards over this.
@SheridanCharon

Saw a streamer was watching some pre-chat show thing the devs are doing for it. They seriously think this is some super hyped event that everyone's excited for.

The chat isn't moderated at all, people saying stuff like "it's not too late to just delete the entire site." Oh and of course spamming racist comments and stuff that are just been left up. They seriously didn't expect the first thing that would happen with a focus on an interactive chat is people would use it like this? They couldn't hire a single moderator?

I'll take the return of the skateboards over this.
@BladeDancer @SheridanCharon Wow, looks like I've missed a lot on here...been keeping up with the Silent Hill franchise outside of FR though X'D Can definitely say that, Ascension is NOT, and will never be a Silent Hill game (or a proper game in general) imo. Still very excited for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill f (so far) though~

@zeropoint No, the thread isn't dead, I've just been on 'posting hiatus' for a while lol Sorry for the waaaay late reply, and yes I do still accept fandragons for registration -so long as the meet all of the specified criteria.

@Amalythia Hello there, didn't expect to ever see a mod join the Silent Hill chatter X3

~ ~ ~

The entire existing library of Silent Hill games each need a proper remake/remaster, like my most beloved Resident Evil 4...yes I've been binge playing it recently cause excellent story + graphics Verdugo...you know.... .... >//u//<

@BladeDancer @SheridanCharon Wow, looks like I've missed a lot on here...been keeping up with the Silent Hill franchise outside of FR though X'D Can definitely say that, Ascension is NOT, and will never be a Silent Hill game (or a proper game in general) imo. Still very excited for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill f (so far) though~

@zeropoint No, the thread isn't dead, I've just been on 'posting hiatus' for a while lol Sorry for the waaaay late reply, and yes I do still accept fandragons for registration -so long as the meet all of the specified criteria.

@Amalythia Hello there, didn't expect to ever see a mod join the Silent Hill chatter X3

~ ~ ~

The entire existing library of Silent Hill games each need a proper remake/remaster, like my most beloved Resident Evil 4...yes I've been binge playing it recently cause excellent story + graphics Verdugo...you know.... .... >//u//<

g8T8XC2.png
@Firefly15

Yep, look at all the returning horror franchises this year that had amazing entries - Resident Evil 4 remake that was clearly made with love, an amazing Dead Space remake, Alan Wake 2 after 13 years and it's an incredible survival horror game... Then for Silent Hill's grand return we get this which is just pure predatory and only using the name for a quick cash grab.
@Firefly15

Yep, look at all the returning horror franchises this year that had amazing entries - Resident Evil 4 remake that was clearly made with love, an amazing Dead Space remake, Alan Wake 2 after 13 years and it's an incredible survival horror game... Then for Silent Hill's grand return we get this which is just pure predatory and only using the name for a quick cash grab.
@BladeDancer The team that worked on the RE4 remake clearly knew what they were doing and, as you said, did so with love. It both looks and plays absolutely fantastic (RE4 and Seperate Ways are my babies okay? lol)! The Dead Space remake and Alan Wake also look absolutely amazing~

So far, Ascension is just an inkblot among games to me.
@BladeDancer The team that worked on the RE4 remake clearly knew what they were doing and, as you said, did so with love. It both looks and plays absolutely fantastic (RE4 and Seperate Ways are my babies okay? lol)! The Dead Space remake and Alan Wake also look absolutely amazing~

So far, Ascension is just an inkblot among games to me.
g8T8XC2.png
@BladeDancer

The problem with....a LOT of streamers is that they're completely out of touch with the media they're getting into and end up causing more harm than good. They treat the matter as JUST money making and when they get what they want, they dip. The problem then is that they've introduced their fans to the media and, more often than not, they're not the good kind of fans.

The streamer you saw, whoever it was, was a perfect example of that: they're so completely out of touch with Silent Hill,they don't realise that the fans Do Not Want This and that streaming it will cause the Series more harm than it will help it.

@Firefly15

My only complaint with REm4ke was how they changed that one "Easter egg" scene at the lake. I personally think they did a really poor job on that one, but other than that, everything else about it was done phenomenally well. Especially compared to RE3make...

Dead Space remake, again, a phenomenal job on that, such an improvement on the original and I've only got part of the way in. Alan Wake 2 I've been deliberately avoiding any info on that because I have been looking forward to it for so long, I want to go in completely unaware of anything about it.

So many amazing series making a come back this year and early next year (we've still got Alone in the Dark in January and I am still waiting on the third entry to the Spirit Hunter series, supposedly later this year) and then Silent Hill gets....This.
@BladeDancer

The problem with....a LOT of streamers is that they're completely out of touch with the media they're getting into and end up causing more harm than good. They treat the matter as JUST money making and when they get what they want, they dip. The problem then is that they've introduced their fans to the media and, more often than not, they're not the good kind of fans.

The streamer you saw, whoever it was, was a perfect example of that: they're so completely out of touch with Silent Hill,they don't realise that the fans Do Not Want This and that streaming it will cause the Series more harm than it will help it.

@Firefly15

My only complaint with REm4ke was how they changed that one "Easter egg" scene at the lake. I personally think they did a really poor job on that one, but other than that, everything else about it was done phenomenally well. Especially compared to RE3make...

Dead Space remake, again, a phenomenal job on that, such an improvement on the original and I've only got part of the way in. Alan Wake 2 I've been deliberately avoiding any info on that because I have been looking forward to it for so long, I want to go in completely unaware of anything about it.

So many amazing series making a come back this year and early next year (we've still got Alone in the Dark in January and I am still waiting on the third entry to the Spirit Hunter series, supposedly later this year) and then Silent Hill gets....This.
KASr4bY.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45