Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Quirks That Your Fandoms Gave You?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26
Godtier.
Need I say more.
Godtier.
Need I say more.
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
[quote name="Noibat" date="2020-08-01 11:24:25" ] - if your type matchup system doesn't work exactly like pokemon's i'm not gonna understand it sorry - *sees any bug or fish that's in animal crossing* oh right those are real a ridiculous amount of things immediately remind me of splatoon, including but not limited to: - literally any sea creatures, especially cephalopods - anything pink and green - blenders - those creepy old fashioned telephones - art supplies with weapons based off them and anything else even tangently related to something in the games [/quote] -Splatoon? Same, especially since I main brush a lot. Not really the others though(other habits). I will also think Veemo sometimes, and think about how much I am 8. And I will start singing along with Marina if I'm not careful. Headphone touch thing... Also Marina... I will pretty much always have fanfiction in my head being run and change. -I have been itching to say "Last one there is a rancid egg!"(From Hollow Knight) and will think SHAW! Also I have a hard time not watching spiders. Also will say geo instead of money sometimes. -I will sometimes walk like the players in Journey. -all the crossovers possible... Ish? -I will name things after 13 letter words and has a paperclip chain with 13 paperclips. Never 12. Thanks, Midnighters.
Noibat wrote on 2020-08-01 11:24:25:
- if your type matchup system doesn't work exactly like pokemon's i'm not gonna understand it sorry
- *sees any bug or fish that's in animal crossing* oh right those are real

a ridiculous amount of things immediately remind me of splatoon, including but not limited to:
- literally any sea creatures, especially cephalopods
- anything pink and green
- blenders
- those creepy old fashioned telephones
- art supplies with weapons based off them
and anything else even tangently related to something in the games
-Splatoon? Same, especially since I main brush a lot. Not really the others though(other habits). I will also think Veemo sometimes, and think about how much I am 8. And I will start singing along with Marina if I'm not careful. Headphone touch thing... Also Marina...

I will pretty much always have fanfiction in my head being run and change.

-I have been itching to say "Last one there is a rancid egg!"(From Hollow Knight) and will think SHAW! Also I have a hard time not watching spiders. Also will say geo instead of money sometimes.

-I will sometimes walk like the players in Journey.

-all the crossovers possible... Ish?

-I will name things after 13 letter words and has a paperclip chain with 13 paperclips. Never 12. Thanks, Midnighters.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her

I make a lot of FMA:B references, my favorite is saying, "That is not the law of equivalent exchange," when something unfair happens.

I make a lot of FMA:B references, my favorite is saying, "That is not the law of equivalent exchange," when something unfair happens.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
also also: i've adopted a bunch of phrases from the first episode of bfb, like "gee, i sure wonder" (/s usually, it was used sarcastically in the show). there are more but they really don't come to mind
also also: i've adopted a bunch of phrases from the first episode of bfb, like "gee, i sure wonder" (/s usually, it was used sarcastically in the show). there are more but they really don't come to mind
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
It might seem a bit odd, but Power Rangers helped me be a bit less sheepish about wearing brightly colored clothing in public (I get self conscious about everything, particularly in terms of clothing and things like that, so I used to tend towards wearing more muted colors).

I have thankfully not actually said it out loud, but I have definitely used Cosmere and Reckoners swears in my internal monologue.

On a similar note, I have actually given a decent amount of thought to what my Epic weakness would be.

I have a habit of trying to figure out what my characters' Radiant Orders and ranger colors would be, even for the non cosmere and non Power Rangers OCs.

Also, it's been stated above, but I also try to figure out which Power from TMA is responsible for practically every horror thing I watch or read (and some non-horror stuff too). Some of them that fit particularly well I almost have entire crossover headcanons for. (I'm thinking the Voice From Darkness podcast in particular, though a couple of episodes/entities like the Travelling Salesman are proving hard to pin to a specific fear)
It might seem a bit odd, but Power Rangers helped me be a bit less sheepish about wearing brightly colored clothing in public (I get self conscious about everything, particularly in terms of clothing and things like that, so I used to tend towards wearing more muted colors).

I have thankfully not actually said it out loud, but I have definitely used Cosmere and Reckoners swears in my internal monologue.

On a similar note, I have actually given a decent amount of thought to what my Epic weakness would be.

I have a habit of trying to figure out what my characters' Radiant Orders and ranger colors would be, even for the non cosmere and non Power Rangers OCs.

Also, it's been stated above, but I also try to figure out which Power from TMA is responsible for practically every horror thing I watch or read (and some non-horror stuff too). Some of them that fit particularly well I almost have entire crossover headcanons for. (I'm thinking the Voice From Darkness podcast in particular, though a couple of episodes/entities like the Travelling Salesman are proving hard to pin to a specific fear)
Watching all of Ryan George's videos almost obsessively has given me some verbal quirks, like adding "apparently" and "I've decided" to the end of statements, not to mention using "super easy, barely an inconvenience" as much as possible.
Watching all of Ryan George's videos almost obsessively has given me some verbal quirks, like adding "apparently" and "I've decided" to the end of statements, not to mention using "super easy, barely an inconvenience" as much as possible.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
i blame hlvrai for the fact that i've been saying "yo" a lot more than i used to

not really a fandom thing but because of full life consequences, i am still, about a decade later, pronouncing "weapon" and "grab" and other such words completely wrong on purpose, but instinctually XD; also quote a lot of phrases from that series still too

uhhhhhh if there's any more i haven't actually noticed them ha ha. there probably are other quirks i've got only because of fandoms i've been in/media i've consumed, but i'm drawing blank rn oops
i blame hlvrai for the fact that i've been saying "yo" a lot more than i used to

not really a fandom thing but because of full life consequences, i am still, about a decade later, pronouncing "weapon" and "grab" and other such words completely wrong on purpose, but instinctually XD; also quote a lot of phrases from that series still too

uhhhhhh if there's any more i haven't actually noticed them ha ha. there probably are other quirks i've got only because of fandoms i've been in/media i've consumed, but i'm drawing blank rn oops
If I hear someone say “hello there” I must respond with “General Kenobi”
If I hear someone say “hello there” I must respond with “General Kenobi”
-Raptor-
ZbNAjCO.pngmlHpBMC.png
BTRr72z.png55xbf1H.png
dd3NYvJ.png
eJAYlSZ.gif
My fandom gave me an accent.

No, I'm not joking.

I started learning Quenya due to The Silmarillion fandom and my love of Maedhros.
... And now I sometimes use a Noldorin Quenya accent. Accidentally. On human names.

I've probably already mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm mentioning it again, because yesterday I pronounced someone's name wrong.
(Due to my accidental Noldorin Quenya accent.)
My fandom gave me an accent.

No, I'm not joking.

I started learning Quenya due to The Silmarillion fandom and my love of Maedhros.
... And now I sometimes use a Noldorin Quenya accent. Accidentally. On human names.

I've probably already mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm mentioning it again, because yesterday I pronounced someone's name wrong.
(Due to my accidental Noldorin Quenya accent.)
frice_left_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxyz7.pngfrfire_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxyx1.png
Homestuck made me really good at reading stuff l1k3 t)(15
Homestuck made me really good at reading stuff l1k3 t)(15
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26