Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Quirks That Your Fandoms Gave You?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26
Whenever I see a patch of fog, I say a Digimon is biomerging

The old Planet of the Apes Tumblr community years ago had an inside joke about Ash from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes being associated with pineapples, and my partner used to roleplay Ash in the community years ago. Ever since, any time I spot a pineapple themed thing, I take a photo and send it to him. Doesn't matter what it is or how many I spot in one outing, he got sent photos of each of them. This was all pre-covid of course! I'm not going out anymore and haven't been for awhile.
Whenever I see a patch of fog, I say a Digimon is biomerging

The old Planet of the Apes Tumblr community years ago had an inside joke about Ash from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes being associated with pineapples, and my partner used to roleplay Ash in the community years ago. Ever since, any time I spot a pineapple themed thing, I take a photo and send it to him. Doesn't matter what it is or how many I spot in one outing, he got sent photos of each of them. This was all pre-covid of course! I'm not going out anymore and haven't been for awhile.
Oh yeah, completely forgot
Homestuck has made of me the Quadrant Shipper

If I am watching / reading anything I start assigning quadrants to the characters without realizing

Totally not a Nepeta kin
Oh yeah, completely forgot
Homestuck has made of me the Quadrant Shipper

If I am watching / reading anything I start assigning quadrants to the characters without realizing

Totally not a Nepeta kin
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
Sometimes, rarely these days, I'll say "I'll bite you!" As a dramatic non-serious threat to my friends; it's short for "I'll bite you to death!" Which is the catchphrase from a character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I don’t even watch/read that series anymore and haven't for years yet that phrase remains mostly because I find it funny.
Sometimes, rarely these days, I'll say "I'll bite you!" As a dramatic non-serious threat to my friends; it's short for "I'll bite you to death!" Which is the catchphrase from a character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I don’t even watch/read that series anymore and haven't for years yet that phrase remains mostly because I find it funny.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
-liking the color pink
-ladybugs are now my favorite bugs
-i listen to a lot of older songs
-the need to hug people with traumatic pasts even though i hate hugging
-less emotion more stoic
-more polite
-i get a southern accent randomly (not even joking)
-calling people "kiddo" even if they're older than me
-also calling people "idjit" (not to be mean)
-liking the color pink
-ladybugs are now my favorite bugs
-i listen to a lot of older songs
-the need to hug people with traumatic pasts even though i hate hugging
-less emotion more stoic
-more polite
-i get a southern accent randomly (not even joking)
-calling people "kiddo" even if they're older than me
-also calling people "idjit" (not to be mean)
the magnus archives gave me an accent :\. actually a lot of them that i can swap.

wtnv really got me referencing the smiling god and teeth in daily conversation..
the magnus archives gave me an accent :\. actually a lot of them that i can swap.

wtnv really got me referencing the smiling god and teeth in daily conversation..
[CONSUME]
-
KYZER
IT/ITS
FR+3
.......................................................................................................PicsArt_10-14-12.46.37.png
saying every[i]pony[/i] instead of every[i]one[/i] [emoji=imperial tongue size=1]
saying everypony instead of everyone
one word: hoodies.
one word: hoodies.
Halloween-Raffle-01.png CATTAFANG.
that guy-| FR+2

Shady Boye
thomas.png
"Currently: bein spooky-"

z9OsVtc.png
rI18gRz.png
NlmYDAS.png
- Due to my love of things with British characters in them (Harry Potter, Buffy, Critical Role) I can do a pretty accurate English accent, as well as an Irish one that occasionally slips into Australian (or Transylvanian somehow). I can also do an Australian accent, picked up solely from H2O: Just Add Water. I will sometimes start talking in one of these accents by accident.
- I changed my aesthetic completely after I started watching BDG's videos. I'm trans, and seeing him be a little bit GNC has helped me build up the courage to do more traditionally feminine things.
- On a similar note, I have watched the Perfect Pokerap video so many times that, while I may not have the entire rap memorized, I do have most of the talk memorized.
- I can't see the names of D&D classes without thinking of those classes.
- I get most of my music taste from Griffin McElroy. He got me into Mort Garson and Carly Rae Jepsen, and listening to them allowed me to find my true love, electropunk. Carly Rae Jepsen makes legitimately good music, though.
- I don't even know how many things I started doing because a character in a book did them and I went, "Hey, that sounds cool! I'm going to do that now."
- Due to my love of things with British characters in them (Harry Potter, Buffy, Critical Role) I can do a pretty accurate English accent, as well as an Irish one that occasionally slips into Australian (or Transylvanian somehow). I can also do an Australian accent, picked up solely from H2O: Just Add Water. I will sometimes start talking in one of these accents by accident.
- I changed my aesthetic completely after I started watching BDG's videos. I'm trans, and seeing him be a little bit GNC has helped me build up the courage to do more traditionally feminine things.
- On a similar note, I have watched the Perfect Pokerap video so many times that, while I may not have the entire rap memorized, I do have most of the talk memorized.
- I can't see the names of D&D classes without thinking of those classes.
- I get most of my music taste from Griffin McElroy. He got me into Mort Garson and Carly Rae Jepsen, and listening to them allowed me to find my true love, electropunk. Carly Rae Jepsen makes legitimately good music, though.
- I don't even know how many things I started doing because a character in a book did them and I went, "Hey, that sounds cool! I'm going to do that now."
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
somebody summoned me

• from the time I was into warriors I kept accidentally saying starclan instead of god
• I can stare for unhealthily long amounts of time because you never know when peanut will come
• I actually say 'yous' when referring to groups of people
• I've memorized every one of the variations of the nono square song and I'm almost done memorizing the green gang song
• I sound super monotone when I speak
• I tell my friends they have the pestilence
• I say that I have the pestilence whenever I feel sick
• As soon as I hear someone say something incorrect or something I disagree with regarding my fandom I will angrily lecture them for as long as possible about why they're wrong
• I can almost recite every line my favorite characters have said (I think I'm missing a few)
somebody summoned me

• from the time I was into warriors I kept accidentally saying starclan instead of god
• I can stare for unhealthily long amounts of time because you never know when peanut will come
• I actually say 'yous' when referring to groups of people
• I've memorized every one of the variations of the nono square song and I'm almost done memorizing the green gang song
• I sound super monotone when I speak
• I tell my friends they have the pestilence
• I say that I have the pestilence whenever I feel sick
• As soon as I hear someone say something incorrect or something I disagree with regarding my fandom I will angrily lecture them for as long as possible about why they're wrong
• I can almost recite every line my favorite characters have said (I think I'm missing a few)
CStGtqv.png |
|
|
|
|
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
Some quirks I have developed because of my multiple fandoms

- Trying to bend the four elements
- Beat-boxing at random times