Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I want to hear your D&D stories!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
My entire group has something weird that has happened to them.

Vargach (Lizardfolk fighter and probably the guy who lives when we all die) said something was "adequate" LITERALLY ONCE, and now constantly uses it as his highest form of praise.

Squish (Kenku ranger and smol bean) loves ham sandwiches. Could be worse. Could be chicken

Colin (Human rogue and resident mystery man) was mauled by a giant weasel and now has a phobia of all weasels.

My character Devydyk (Tiefling bard, big gay) nat 20'd an investigation throw that saved the entire party, and now he has to make all of the decisions.

And the kicker? THIS ALL HAPPENED IN THE FIRST SESSION.
My entire group has something weird that has happened to them.

Vargach (Lizardfolk fighter and probably the guy who lives when we all die) said something was "adequate" LITERALLY ONCE, and now constantly uses it as his highest form of praise.

Squish (Kenku ranger and smol bean) loves ham sandwiches. Could be worse. Could be chicken

Colin (Human rogue and resident mystery man) was mauled by a giant weasel and now has a phobia of all weasels.

My character Devydyk (Tiefling bard, big gay) nat 20'd an investigation throw that saved the entire party, and now he has to make all of the decisions.

And the kicker? THIS ALL HAPPENED IN THE FIRST SESSION.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
my 3rd compain. to make it simple we all have crazy race's witch most arnt in the PH.

so we needed to colect all 4 (its 4 right?) elmental rings so we can find a cure to the plague of the zombies. Or thats what I call it. But we had got the air earth and fire ring. All we had to do was kill the THWZ(tow headed whater zombie) because it ate the water elemantal ring. But before we had killed it when it was a one headed zombie.

So while everyone who could fly went to steel the earth elemental ring from a angry old farmer Lady. While I saw a a mushroom person (the help us every now and then we get a zombie bite and we have to cut of a arm or foot. Someone cut off his head) we were ontop of a pyramid ful of animals. The animals were there so they dont turn into zombies. But the mushroom guy was on fire (his named is Ernst butnmy chari tor does not know that Because we had a split party for a 10 sessions before this) I cut the are with the fire elemental ring on it. Then I tried to sneak up to it from behind a rock and my fee and the tiefling saved me from the fire elemental trying to sneak up on me. I grab the elemental ring and everybody else flys in to save Ernst but somehow I was the only on who didnt know him.

Sadly I had to leave the campaign sounder what happened...

Did you know Ernst can only make chicken noises and the gerbil pretends to understand him. Ernsts nic name is obamma
my 3rd compain. to make it simple we all have crazy race's witch most arnt in the PH.

so we needed to colect all 4 (its 4 right?) elmental rings so we can find a cure to the plague of the zombies. Or thats what I call it. But we had got the air earth and fire ring. All we had to do was kill the THWZ(tow headed whater zombie) because it ate the water elemantal ring. But before we had killed it when it was a one headed zombie.

So while everyone who could fly went to steel the earth elemental ring from a angry old farmer Lady. While I saw a a mushroom person (the help us every now and then we get a zombie bite and we have to cut of a arm or foot. Someone cut off his head) we were ontop of a pyramid ful of animals. The animals were there so they dont turn into zombies. But the mushroom guy was on fire (his named is Ernst butnmy chari tor does not know that Because we had a split party for a 10 sessions before this) I cut the are with the fire elemental ring on it. Then I tried to sneak up to it from behind a rock and my fee and the tiefling saved me from the fire elemental trying to sneak up on me. I grab the elemental ring and everybody else flys in to save Ernst but somehow I was the only on who didnt know him.

Sadly I had to leave the campaign sounder what happened...

Did you know Ernst can only make chicken noises and the gerbil pretends to understand him. Ernsts nic name is obamma
MFt2hm4.png
He/She/They
Wishlist
NXwxhXo.png
I started a session with my WoW guildmates and it went about as well as you'd expect...

It was dusk in the city we were staying in, and our rogue wanted to try and break into a bathhouse we were supposed to search, rather than wait until morning. We were kind of arguing amongst ourselves, pretty torn if we should actually break in. Then our bards VERY LOUDLY exclaims "have you SEEN his lockpicking? he could break into anything!" (our rogue has a history of good rolls). The guards heard us.

Needless to say, we didn't break in that night.
I started a session with my WoW guildmates and it went about as well as you'd expect...

It was dusk in the city we were staying in, and our rogue wanted to try and break into a bathhouse we were supposed to search, rather than wait until morning. We were kind of arguing amongst ourselves, pretty torn if we should actually break in. Then our bards VERY LOUDLY exclaims "have you SEEN his lockpicking? he could break into anything!" (our rogue has a history of good rolls). The guards heard us.

Needless to say, we didn't break in that night.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
In the first and only D&D campaign I was in, (it was really hard to line up all of the party's schedules together so it eventually fell through and we stopped playing) I was given the liberty of being allowed to rename a tavern per the DM's approval.

I named said tavern the "Honkytonk Tavern", our party then proceeded to enter it and was promptly kicked out (aside from the mage who was smart to not be like us) by the bar maid for asking her stupid questions such as "do you serve diet water here?!"

While outside, the ones that got kicked out decided to have a little backflipping contest against myself (the bard) and my then irl boyfriend (the dragonborn). I had rolled a Nat 1 and failed the contest miserably and landed on my butt into a mud puddle (but he helped me up afterwards lol)

Once the mage came out telling us about the venture we could get a big reward from, we started out on our journey and came across a cave and decided we would enter and grind for awhile. There was a dead guy in the cave halfway through and we chose to investigate him but he suddenly became re-animated and we had to fight him, I got a really good roll and quote on quote "killed him so hard he exploded". I then got to reap the rewards (steal his pants) and I did not like having a dead guy's pants on me xD
In the first and only D&D campaign I was in, (it was really hard to line up all of the party's schedules together so it eventually fell through and we stopped playing) I was given the liberty of being allowed to rename a tavern per the DM's approval.

I named said tavern the "Honkytonk Tavern", our party then proceeded to enter it and was promptly kicked out (aside from the mage who was smart to not be like us) by the bar maid for asking her stupid questions such as "do you serve diet water here?!"

While outside, the ones that got kicked out decided to have a little backflipping contest against myself (the bard) and my then irl boyfriend (the dragonborn). I had rolled a Nat 1 and failed the contest miserably and landed on my butt into a mud puddle (but he helped me up afterwards lol)

Once the mage came out telling us about the venture we could get a big reward from, we started out on our journey and came across a cave and decided we would enter and grind for awhile. There was a dead guy in the cave halfway through and we chose to investigate him but he suddenly became re-animated and we had to fight him, I got a really good roll and quote on quote "killed him so hard he exploded". I then got to reap the rewards (steal his pants) and I did not like having a dead guy's pants on me xD
Fnu10Bg.pngy3NW8md.gifvCuH4lK.png
The first campaign I ever participated in. Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.

Let's set the scene. The party has found solace from the Dantean wasteland that is the first layer of Baator in a demiplane-restaurant by the name of the Infernal Rapture. There are six members of the party: Wynter (rogue elf), Corona (half-elf wizard, my character), Gin (human bard), Taz (half-orc barbarian), Lily (wood elf monk), and Solveig (human cleric). Unfortunately, Wynter's player hadn't been showing up to any sessions recently, so the DM had been controlling her for weeks.

We buy food, all is good – and then the party is offered baklava. Wynter goes "hell yeah" and we get to gorge ourselves on the Middle Eastern delicacy... until the check arrives, at which point we realize that with the baklava factored in, we don't have nearly enough soul coins to pay for it all. It's important to note that upon entering the Infernal Rapture, patrons sign a contract forfeiting their souls if they can't pay for the entirety of their meal. Instead of sacrificing the entire party, though, everyone just votes to sell Wynter into eternal indentured servitude.

So that's the story of how we sold our rogue for baklava.
The first campaign I ever participated in. Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.

Let's set the scene. The party has found solace from the Dantean wasteland that is the first layer of Baator in a demiplane-restaurant by the name of the Infernal Rapture. There are six members of the party: Wynter (rogue elf), Corona (half-elf wizard, my character), Gin (human bard), Taz (half-orc barbarian), Lily (wood elf monk), and Solveig (human cleric). Unfortunately, Wynter's player hadn't been showing up to any sessions recently, so the DM had been controlling her for weeks.

We buy food, all is good – and then the party is offered baklava. Wynter goes "hell yeah" and we get to gorge ourselves on the Middle Eastern delicacy... until the check arrives, at which point we realize that with the baklava factored in, we don't have nearly enough soul coins to pay for it all. It's important to note that upon entering the Infernal Rapture, patrons sign a contract forfeiting their souls if they can't pay for the entirety of their meal. Instead of sacrificing the entire party, though, everyone just votes to sell Wynter into eternal indentured servitude.

So that's the story of how we sold our rogue for baklava.
left-hori.pngright-hori.png
so the whole premise of the campaign is that it's a fantasy dystopian future, we're living in san francisco, and there's a whole lot of nefarious plans and gang wars and stuff. the government is capturing all spellcasters so that it can use them for secret government stuff (i.e. weapons of mass destruction, presumably). it takes place in early 2058, after pretty much the whole world except america has left earth to explore space. the U.S. (which has extended into most of canada and all the way into about a quarter of south america) hasn't because we were late and then the rest of the world didn't wanna deal with our BS and trapped us in a magic dome on earth. (also, this whole idea and most of the worldbuilding was done by a 12 year old. not relevant but yeah)

there's some other people stuck on earth too, like the purely fictional nation of atlan which was founded in the 2030s when a bunch of engineers detatched vancouver from the rest of canada and made a floating island somewhere in the pacific. they're basically pirates that are considered terrorists by the US government. but they're not super relevant so i'll shut up about them.

the party is (we're all 6th level):

- a paladin who kills cops for fun and is way too loyal to his religious faction for his own good
- a rogue from atlan who has a +10 (and advantage if wanted) to stealth as well as a habit of stealing things such as throwing knives and magic jewelry (that's me)
- an artificer who has anger issues and is a jerk to literally everyone he meets. also might have amnesia????
- a sorcerer who is completely innocent in the eyes of the law but is actually part of a massive underground web of magic users and she has like 16 fake identities

so far in the campaign we've:

- broken into a nightclub with the intent of investigating a missing persons case but instead just stole some drugs, left, and totally forgot about it
- gotten paid $20k to steal some rich kid's phone for a sketchy unknown client on shadow craigslist
- rescued over 60 people from a building that was about to blow up, and then got arrested immediately after because we're all enemies of the state except for the sorcerer, who might actually have broken more laws than the rest of us
- broken into an abandoned warehouse, uprooted a singular weed (not the drug, the plant type), lived there for like 4 days in-game, and then left
- impressed a motorcylist gang with the illusion of an even cooler motorcyclist in order to make them stop doing tricks on our house (which isn't even ours, we just started living in it)
- gotten blackmailed by a rich CEO into stealing a very powerful computer chip from a dangerous gang leader, and then kept the chip for ourselves after the artificer rolled a nat 20 on making a fake to give to the CEO
- accidentally almost driven our van off the side of a bridge because of a low perception roll causing us to totally miss the dragonborn shooting missiles at us
- gotten into a fight with an ordinary "under construction" sign.... and lost.

edit: we've also established out of character that brian david gilbert exists in-game and is a warlock.
so the whole premise of the campaign is that it's a fantasy dystopian future, we're living in san francisco, and there's a whole lot of nefarious plans and gang wars and stuff. the government is capturing all spellcasters so that it can use them for secret government stuff (i.e. weapons of mass destruction, presumably). it takes place in early 2058, after pretty much the whole world except america has left earth to explore space. the U.S. (which has extended into most of canada and all the way into about a quarter of south america) hasn't because we were late and then the rest of the world didn't wanna deal with our BS and trapped us in a magic dome on earth. (also, this whole idea and most of the worldbuilding was done by a 12 year old. not relevant but yeah)

there's some other people stuck on earth too, like the purely fictional nation of atlan which was founded in the 2030s when a bunch of engineers detatched vancouver from the rest of canada and made a floating island somewhere in the pacific. they're basically pirates that are considered terrorists by the US government. but they're not super relevant so i'll shut up about them.

the party is (we're all 6th level):

- a paladin who kills cops for fun and is way too loyal to his religious faction for his own good
- a rogue from atlan who has a +10 (and advantage if wanted) to stealth as well as a habit of stealing things such as throwing knives and magic jewelry (that's me)
- an artificer who has anger issues and is a jerk to literally everyone he meets. also might have amnesia????
- a sorcerer who is completely innocent in the eyes of the law but is actually part of a massive underground web of magic users and she has like 16 fake identities

so far in the campaign we've:

- broken into a nightclub with the intent of investigating a missing persons case but instead just stole some drugs, left, and totally forgot about it
- gotten paid $20k to steal some rich kid's phone for a sketchy unknown client on shadow craigslist
- rescued over 60 people from a building that was about to blow up, and then got arrested immediately after because we're all enemies of the state except for the sorcerer, who might actually have broken more laws than the rest of us
- broken into an abandoned warehouse, uprooted a singular weed (not the drug, the plant type), lived there for like 4 days in-game, and then left
- impressed a motorcylist gang with the illusion of an even cooler motorcyclist in order to make them stop doing tricks on our house (which isn't even ours, we just started living in it)
- gotten blackmailed by a rich CEO into stealing a very powerful computer chip from a dangerous gang leader, and then kept the chip for ourselves after the artificer rolled a nat 20 on making a fake to give to the CEO
- accidentally almost driven our van off the side of a bridge because of a low perception roll causing us to totally miss the dragonborn shooting missiles at us
- gotten into a fight with an ordinary "under construction" sign.... and lost.

edit: we've also established out of character that brian david gilbert exists in-game and is a warlock.
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
We were getting into a building.3 of us (including me) snuck in but the oldest member decided to jump through the window yelling FOR SCIENCE!
We were getting into a building.3 of us (including me) snuck in but the oldest member decided to jump through the window yelling FOR SCIENCE!
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
a while ago i was told to disrat a gaurd so my freind could steal something back. it was in neverwinter where i live and i started by asking "i need help finding someplace" now in the middle of our babbling my freind wizzy appared (she has many ilousion spells) so the gaurd said "just leave!" so we left (toatally forgeting about her spells) then we had a small chace then wizzy disappered.
a while ago i was told to disrat a gaurd so my freind could steal something back. it was in neverwinter where i live and i started by asking "i need help finding someplace" now in the middle of our babbling my freind wizzy appared (she has many ilousion spells) so the gaurd said "just leave!" so we left (toatally forgeting about her spells) then we had a small chace then wizzy disappered.
MFt2hm4.png
He/She/They
Wishlist
NXwxhXo.png
Well.. I don't have much, we keep getting interrupted by life, but I was playing a centaur and we had to go through a secret tunnel. My character almost didn't fit it was so low... Lol. That would have ruined the whole campaign before it even really started! We still got interrupted by life, but at least we got a pet wolf beforehand!
Well.. I don't have much, we keep getting interrupted by life, but I was playing a centaur and we had to go through a secret tunnel. My character almost didn't fit it was so low... Lol. That would have ruined the whole campaign before it even really started! We still got interrupted by life, but at least we got a pet wolf beforehand!
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
So. Remember "Mr. Adequate" Vargach? Yeah, so...

We were fighting six skeletons, and not doing well. I had one hit point, Vargach had three, Colin was unconscious for like the fifth time now, and Squish was out of commission as well. Just when we defeat all but the last skelly...

Enter Mr. Skeleton Alchemist, who throws a bottle of acid at Colin...

And misses.

He tries again, this time at me...

And misses.

Now it's Vargach's turn. He walks up to this big scary Skeleton Alchemist, takes out his warhammer...

Nat 20.

The alchemist crumbles in one hit.

It's my turn now.

Imagine, if you will, that you are a skeleton. This profusely-bleeding tiefling staggers up to you, unsheathes his rapier that he hasn't used before this...

Nat.

Frigging.

So, that's the story of how RNGesus decided to take a nap for a second and woke up to two Nat 20s in a row.
So. Remember "Mr. Adequate" Vargach? Yeah, so...

We were fighting six skeletons, and not doing well. I had one hit point, Vargach had three, Colin was unconscious for like the fifth time now, and Squish was out of commission as well. Just when we defeat all but the last skelly...

Enter Mr. Skeleton Alchemist, who throws a bottle of acid at Colin...

And misses.

He tries again, this time at me...

And misses.

Now it's Vargach's turn. He walks up to this big scary Skeleton Alchemist, takes out his warhammer...

Nat 20.

The alchemist crumbles in one hit.

It's my turn now.

Imagine, if you will, that you are a skeleton. This profusely-bleeding tiefling staggers up to you, unsheathes his rapier that he hasn't used before this...

Nat.

Frigging.

So, that's the story of how RNGesus decided to take a nap for a second and woke up to two Nat 20s in a row.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8