Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I want to hear your D&D stories!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm actually on the final boss fight for my very first session I ever joined, and it's so bittersweet. We have the end of the fight happening next week and I almost don't want it to happen...
I'm actually on the final boss fight for my very first session I ever joined, and it's so bittersweet. We have the end of the fight happening next week and I almost don't want it to happen...
sweet dreams!
988836qgiyrsbvlm.png
robin - he/him
Most of my characters just end up being chaotic and eating weird and random things. One ate raw flour. Another ate a diseased frog in hopes it would cure him. They both will likely eat more strange and odd things for some reason. I am chaotic neutral and that's why all my characters are chaotic neutrals
Most of my characters just end up being chaotic and eating weird and random things. One ate raw flour. Another ate a diseased frog in hopes it would cure him. They both will likely eat more strange and odd things for some reason. I am chaotic neutral and that's why all my characters are chaotic neutrals
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Oh joy, someone brought this back. I have another story to tell.

For context, we're playing a Greyhawk campaign (Ghosts of Saltmarsh module). The characters are Enrys Stormcloak (mine, human cleric), Aderyn (half-elf sorcerer), Glim Glimmershoe (gnome wizard), Daena (wood elf fighter), and Kai (dragonborn paladin, the star of today's show). Only Kai and Daena are really important for this story; the rest of us were just kinda hanging around and watching this unfold.

We were walking through the streets of Saltmarsh when the DM told us to make perception checks. Daena rolls high enough to find that some street urchin had attempted to pickpocket her. She lifts the child by the wrist into the air and just glares venomously at him.

Kai, being lawful good, feels terrible for this little kid. She then proceeds to give the child a gold piece. Yes, you heard that right. An entire gold piece.

Kid runs away and comes back with a massive ragtag gaggle of fellow juvenile delinquents. They all start begging Kai for money. Kai actually reaches for her coin purse and asks the party if someone can loan her an extra gold piece, because there are twenty kids and she only has nineteen gold pieces left in her personal store.

Everyone at the table goes insane. Our characters are all screaming things in the "are you stupid?" vein, and we eventually talk (shout?) Kai out of going broke for these urchins. Instead, she gives the kids a long talk about kindness and sharing, and how one gold piece should be enough to sustain them for at least a week.

Kids look at Kai like she just grew donkey ears. We walk away, kids immediately start infighting. Kid who Kai gave the gold piece to gets beat up by one of his friends.

Kill 'em with kindness.
Oh joy, someone brought this back. I have another story to tell.

For context, we're playing a Greyhawk campaign (Ghosts of Saltmarsh module). The characters are Enrys Stormcloak (mine, human cleric), Aderyn (half-elf sorcerer), Glim Glimmershoe (gnome wizard), Daena (wood elf fighter), and Kai (dragonborn paladin, the star of today's show). Only Kai and Daena are really important for this story; the rest of us were just kinda hanging around and watching this unfold.

We were walking through the streets of Saltmarsh when the DM told us to make perception checks. Daena rolls high enough to find that some street urchin had attempted to pickpocket her. She lifts the child by the wrist into the air and just glares venomously at him.

Kai, being lawful good, feels terrible for this little kid. She then proceeds to give the child a gold piece. Yes, you heard that right. An entire gold piece.

Kid runs away and comes back with a massive ragtag gaggle of fellow juvenile delinquents. They all start begging Kai for money. Kai actually reaches for her coin purse and asks the party if someone can loan her an extra gold piece, because there are twenty kids and she only has nineteen gold pieces left in her personal store.

Everyone at the table goes insane. Our characters are all screaming things in the "are you stupid?" vein, and we eventually talk (shout?) Kai out of going broke for these urchins. Instead, she gives the kids a long talk about kindness and sharing, and how one gold piece should be enough to sustain them for at least a week.

Kids look at Kai like she just grew donkey ears. We walk away, kids immediately start infighting. Kid who Kai gave the gold piece to gets beat up by one of his friends.

Kill 'em with kindness.
left-hori.pngright-hori.png
My most fond memory of a D&D session is that I managed to get my hands on a love potion, and drugged my teammates (gave the DM a note in which I did this). The results were so amazing and I loved it. We all had a good time, and it was the first time we did a roleplaying session and not just fighting all the time.

Right now my friend is planning a campaign that involves a library and I made a character for it. The characters will work at said library and my character is gonna be a mouseling named Cheddar Cheesy from the Cheesy family, she is a paladin and a hero among her other mouselings as she once saved the village from a vicious cat. She loves books, especially to snuggle, hug and sleep on it, but she cannot read, although she pretends she can all the time. Oh and to make her more extra, her illiterate wizard uncle tried to "read" a spell and preform it while she was younger, it failed and it turned her fur pink.
My friend wanted to have characters that were super extra, she will get it :3 I' m curious how this story will turn out :P

(and as another player will join who killed my last mouseling unnecessarily in another campaign and if she is using the same character, my character will know her as the "couscous killer" as my other mouseling will be her cousin and she will plot a revenge...)
My most fond memory of a D&D session is that I managed to get my hands on a love potion, and drugged my teammates (gave the DM a note in which I did this). The results were so amazing and I loved it. We all had a good time, and it was the first time we did a roleplaying session and not just fighting all the time.

Right now my friend is planning a campaign that involves a library and I made a character for it. The characters will work at said library and my character is gonna be a mouseling named Cheddar Cheesy from the Cheesy family, she is a paladin and a hero among her other mouselings as she once saved the village from a vicious cat. She loves books, especially to snuggle, hug and sleep on it, but she cannot read, although she pretends she can all the time. Oh and to make her more extra, her illiterate wizard uncle tried to "read" a spell and preform it while she was younger, it failed and it turned her fur pink.
My friend wanted to have characters that were super extra, she will get it :3 I' m curious how this story will turn out :P

(and as another player will join who killed my last mouseling unnecessarily in another campaign and if she is using the same character, my character will know her as the "couscous killer" as my other mouseling will be her cousin and she will plot a revenge...)
q4HfUW2.pngx72ysXo.png
[/columns]
It's me again (and before you ask, yes, we are officially the Adequate Adventurers).

Some "interesting" things that happened during last session:

I was poisoned by some Yellow Mold and everyone thought I was going to die. Even the DM said I was "too far gone". But guess who saves my life? Vargach. By pouring brandy on me. I then tried attacking this nonmoving, nonthreatening mold, and rolled lower than its armor class. It's MOLD. How strong can it be? We eventually left it with a new story to tell its moldy grandchildren.

We found someone's old laundry.

Squish was nat-20'd by a stirge and almost died. Poor birb boi's going to be traumatized after all of this.

It's fine, though, since I rolled a nat 20 on THE SAME STIRGE.

We found the philosopher's stone, and are planning to sell it in an "alchemy starter pack" after this is over.

On a side note, my little cousin (who plays Squish) uses the term "sweet mother of Mollymauk" in everyday life, and I couldn't be more proud of her.
It's me again (and before you ask, yes, we are officially the Adequate Adventurers).

Some "interesting" things that happened during last session:

I was poisoned by some Yellow Mold and everyone thought I was going to die. Even the DM said I was "too far gone". But guess who saves my life? Vargach. By pouring brandy on me. I then tried attacking this nonmoving, nonthreatening mold, and rolled lower than its armor class. It's MOLD. How strong can it be? We eventually left it with a new story to tell its moldy grandchildren.

We found someone's old laundry.

Squish was nat-20'd by a stirge and almost died. Poor birb boi's going to be traumatized after all of this.

It's fine, though, since I rolled a nat 20 on THE SAME STIRGE.

We found the philosopher's stone, and are planning to sell it in an "alchemy starter pack" after this is over.

On a side note, my little cousin (who plays Squish) uses the term "sweet mother of Mollymauk" in everyday life, and I couldn't be more proud of her.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
I play Pathfinder 1e rather than D&D, but I have a few character concepts I'm eager to start playing.

I have a pair of twins that were built to be played together. One is a Rogue archetype called Phantom Thief and the other is a Swashbuckler archetype called Dashing Thief. They have several teamwork feats with the Rogue having Butterfly's Sting to pass crits to the Swashbuckler so he can regain panache.

I also have this one character that I probably won't ever be allowed to play, but it would be pretty fun to see how well it does. He's a Kasatha that I made just to see how many different natural weapons I could get on him. Using feats, class features, and items, I managed to put on everything but Hoof and Pincer on him.

As for stories, there was the time where the party was sailing to an island and we were attacked by basically a water dinosaur. It got too close to the boat for the cannons to aim at it, so our bearkin fighter picked one of the cannons up to tilt and aim it. After he fired, the DM made him do a Ref save. He was not good at those so he failed and both he and the cannon fell into the water. Where the dino promptly swallowed him whole. Thankfully we managed to kill it and get him out before he suffocated.

A few months later, we had to go sailing again and got attacked by a kraken. Our bear boy got a crit and rolled max damage, doing so much that the DM said the tentacles he hit simply ceased to exist. On the kraken's turn, it grabbed our bear and swallowed him whole. Said kraken apparently had a teleportation power and the DM said that if we had taken just one more round to kill it, it would have teleported and our bear would have had to make a new character. But guess what character refused to get on any more boats for the rest of the campaign.
I play Pathfinder 1e rather than D&D, but I have a few character concepts I'm eager to start playing.

I have a pair of twins that were built to be played together. One is a Rogue archetype called Phantom Thief and the other is a Swashbuckler archetype called Dashing Thief. They have several teamwork feats with the Rogue having Butterfly's Sting to pass crits to the Swashbuckler so he can regain panache.

I also have this one character that I probably won't ever be allowed to play, but it would be pretty fun to see how well it does. He's a Kasatha that I made just to see how many different natural weapons I could get on him. Using feats, class features, and items, I managed to put on everything but Hoof and Pincer on him.

As for stories, there was the time where the party was sailing to an island and we were attacked by basically a water dinosaur. It got too close to the boat for the cannons to aim at it, so our bearkin fighter picked one of the cannons up to tilt and aim it. After he fired, the DM made him do a Ref save. He was not good at those so he failed and both he and the cannon fell into the water. Where the dino promptly swallowed him whole. Thankfully we managed to kill it and get him out before he suffocated.

A few months later, we had to go sailing again and got attacked by a kraken. Our bear boy got a crit and rolled max damage, doing so much that the DM said the tentacles he hit simply ceased to exist. On the kraken's turn, it grabbed our bear and swallowed him whole. Said kraken apparently had a teleportation power and the DM said that if we had taken just one more round to kill it, it would have teleported and our bear would have had to make a new character. But guess what character refused to get on any more boats for the rest of the campaign.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I haven't had the chance to play much, but I've wanted to for years. The first time I ever played, the DM was explaining the background for the campaign we were starting. When he got to my character, the little backstory was that I had been on the run for stealing the royal ring. I was still trying to figure out what I could do and with very new eyes, I asked "...Can I steal the whole kingdom's rings?" and the DM just sighed a little and said "Roll for it" and that's the story of how I got my first and only nat 20.
I haven't had the chance to play much, but I've wanted to for years. The first time I ever played, the DM was explaining the background for the campaign we were starting. When he got to my character, the little backstory was that I had been on the run for stealing the royal ring. I was still trying to figure out what I could do and with very new eyes, I asked "...Can I steal the whole kingdom's rings?" and the DM just sighed a little and said "Roll for it" and that's the story of how I got my first and only nat 20.
-Lemon, the keeper of all citrus kind

always overwhelmingly overwhelmed

Very open to chatting with anyone about anything ever.

If you want me to see your reply, please ping me!
i was fighting this person who trapped a party host ina crystal durring there party. and it ended with the rough burning down the house after acedently declaring the creatrion of his army called "wheelless scatoboarder army" then we were all in the back yard fighting the last elematal (a earth one) when they tried to wheelless scateboard on the earth elemental witch led to them being KO by the elemental.
i was fighting this person who trapped a party host ina crystal durring there party. and it ended with the rough burning down the house after acedently declaring the creatrion of his army called "wheelless scatoboarder army" then we were all in the back yard fighting the last elematal (a earth one) when they tried to wheelless scateboard on the earth elemental witch led to them being KO by the elemental.
MFt2hm4.png
He/She/They
Wishlist
NXwxhXo.png
Oh boy, I have a lot. Been a player tons of times and DM once!

My first game was a mess- first session and the DM gave us an evil dragon working for the baddies- probably going to be the final BBEG of the campaign. But he wasn't unlikable and the first thing the party did was join up with him and the bad guys! Threw off the DM's entire story first thing.

And then there was the time we found a spaceship in that same game and my character weaponized it and attacked people. Good times.

I had one longer game with my birdfolk ranger- one person's character arc was "he's Irish and wants to beat up the Scottish" and my character was just straight mad and attacked people randomly with her evil familiar. It was great, even more so since the DM didn't realize how good flying archers were.

I also did a few weeks of week-long games, and they were...something. One of my characters was a commoner. Commoner stats, 10 in everything, 4 hit points. She died falling off an airship and was replaced with her "daughter" who was actually a giant faerie cat.

Then there was the bad one, which was an entire story in itself. A friend ran it, and while they tried pretty hard, everybody was new except me. They played the game pretty linear, didn't actually know the rules and pretended they did, and didn't let us have any real sort of player choice. It was a terrible first experience to the game, even worse because I tried to play a game with them and they were confused because I wasn't railroading them to where they needed to be.

A LOT of stuff happened in that game. The main plot was for our group of level1 characters to grind levels until we could beat a level 13 ice giant using EXP leveling. Yes, that's what they wanted.

And then there was the one I ran, where I threw in some fictional characters I liked as a joke and long story short Raven is dead now. And then they're running from the law trying to sell her stuff to the black market after making a deal with an extradimensional dinosaur. And gaining a mirror that makes clones. And cloning the wizard, who was neutral and therefore so was the clone... and I randomized classes... so we had a bard-barbarian dragonborn running around.

It was great. I want to do it again. More chaos please.
Oh boy, I have a lot. Been a player tons of times and DM once!

My first game was a mess- first session and the DM gave us an evil dragon working for the baddies- probably going to be the final BBEG of the campaign. But he wasn't unlikable and the first thing the party did was join up with him and the bad guys! Threw off the DM's entire story first thing.

And then there was the time we found a spaceship in that same game and my character weaponized it and attacked people. Good times.

I had one longer game with my birdfolk ranger- one person's character arc was "he's Irish and wants to beat up the Scottish" and my character was just straight mad and attacked people randomly with her evil familiar. It was great, even more so since the DM didn't realize how good flying archers were.

I also did a few weeks of week-long games, and they were...something. One of my characters was a commoner. Commoner stats, 10 in everything, 4 hit points. She died falling off an airship and was replaced with her "daughter" who was actually a giant faerie cat.

Then there was the bad one, which was an entire story in itself. A friend ran it, and while they tried pretty hard, everybody was new except me. They played the game pretty linear, didn't actually know the rules and pretended they did, and didn't let us have any real sort of player choice. It was a terrible first experience to the game, even worse because I tried to play a game with them and they were confused because I wasn't railroading them to where they needed to be.

A LOT of stuff happened in that game. The main plot was for our group of level1 characters to grind levels until we could beat a level 13 ice giant using EXP leveling. Yes, that's what they wanted.

And then there was the one I ran, where I threw in some fictional characters I liked as a joke and long story short Raven is dead now. And then they're running from the law trying to sell her stuff to the black market after making a deal with an extradimensional dinosaur. And gaining a mirror that makes clones. And cloning the wizard, who was neutral and therefore so was the clone... and I randomized classes... so we had a bard-barbarian dragonborn running around.

It was great. I want to do it again. More chaos please.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I once mistook a crab for a fish and then got sucked into a desert where I joined a pizza cult.
I once mistook a crab for a fish and then got sucked into a desert where I joined a pizza cult.
MuAIaYM.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8