Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Worst Film You Ever Watched
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
the blair witch project for sure. i was waiting for something terrifying and i was SO terribly disappointed. i love horror movies and i heard this one was amazing so i was excited to watch but ended up being terribly let down
the blair witch project for sure. i was waiting for something terrifying and i was SO terribly disappointed. i love horror movies and i heard this one was amazing so i was excited to watch but ended up being terribly let down
Scary Movie no more words
Scary Movie no more words
HERMIONE CAN'T DRAW

Don’t judge me for who I am because I can do that for you-Raptorclaw
Soft Matter (2018)
A too quirky for it's own good scifi/"horror"/"comedy" that if i remember right also had a music number? i just don't know...
Soft Matter (2018)
A too quirky for it's own good scifi/"horror"/"comedy" that if i remember right also had a music number? i just don't know...
Vrti6Ky.png
Jupiter Ascending. One second you have a dude fighting with space rollerskates and the next you have a space queen becoming bffs with some bees. I watched it with like seven people and we all had a tough time following it. It’s a messy smoothie of nice visual effects and utter confusion. I wish I had something to say about the plot but I don’t even know what happened.

Edit: No, the worst one was Netflix’s Death Note. Take the original Death Note, burn it, and have an edgy teenager who only knows the basic synopsis rewrite it as a fanfiction. That’s this movie. Light Turner is a hilariously terrible character(him hiding under the desk screaming made me laugh so hard I almost cried). The appeal of the original came from the psychological mind games, but this adaptation waters it down in favor of cheap shock value. This movie is still terrible when looking at it as a standalone movie separate from the original, as it fails to make characters interesting and make the plot worth being emotionally invested in. BUT I will say that Ryuk’s va did an awesome job.
Jupiter Ascending. One second you have a dude fighting with space rollerskates and the next you have a space queen becoming bffs with some bees. I watched it with like seven people and we all had a tough time following it. It’s a messy smoothie of nice visual effects and utter confusion. I wish I had something to say about the plot but I don’t even know what happened.

Edit: No, the worst one was Netflix’s Death Note. Take the original Death Note, burn it, and have an edgy teenager who only knows the basic synopsis rewrite it as a fanfiction. That’s this movie. Light Turner is a hilariously terrible character(him hiding under the desk screaming made me laugh so hard I almost cried). The appeal of the original came from the psychological mind games, but this adaptation waters it down in favor of cheap shock value. This movie is still terrible when looking at it as a standalone movie separate from the original, as it fails to make characters interesting and make the plot worth being emotionally invested in. BUT I will say that Ryuk’s va did an awesome job.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
OH, Splice is another horrible HORRIBLE one. /)_(\ I thought it was just gonna be about a cute little alien/human. Well it was, but it took a TWISTED turn. Not to go into much detail, but it started to connect with the dad in a sexy way, and eventually...got(?) him, had a child, was that child, turned into a male, then had 'intentions' with the wife, all to keep on changing into a...non-sexy thing, and ended up killing everybody. =| It was WEIRD, and I w watched the whole last part with my dad, and I couldn't even look at him on the way home. It was that scarring. ;-;
OH, Splice is another horrible HORRIBLE one. /)_(\ I thought it was just gonna be about a cute little alien/human. Well it was, but it took a TWISTED turn. Not to go into much detail, but it started to connect with the dad in a sexy way, and eventually...got(?) him, had a child, was that child, turned into a male, then had 'intentions' with the wife, all to keep on changing into a...non-sexy thing, and ended up killing everybody. =| It was WEIRD, and I w watched the whole last part with my dad, and I couldn't even look at him on the way home. It was that scarring. ;-;
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Fantastic Beasts and the crimes of griswald. cant remember which of the three it was but it doesnt really matter bc theyre all terrible actually. eddie redmayne has the most dull character and the story is so predictably bad that it's just ridiculous. not to mention the most ridiculous looking johnny depp villain and nonsensical side plot with the stereotypical side characters

Fantastic Beasts and the crimes of griswald. cant remember which of the three it was but it doesnt really matter bc theyre all terrible actually. eddie redmayne has the most dull character and the story is so predictably bad that it's just ridiculous. not to mention the most ridiculous looking johnny depp villain and nonsensical side plot with the stereotypical side characters

tRDnk68.pngW2zHmI5.pngoOaA0CW.png
Coming back to say... I can't believe I actually forgot about Cats. [2019] Maybe it was my brain's attempt to flush every memory of that movie out of my system like the disease it is. The CGI was absolutely terrifying. If they're cats, why do they have human noses?? Don't even get me started on the roaches.

Also, I know it was brought up in this thread so I gotta say The Greatest Showman absolutely slapped, historically inaccurate or not. Loved every single song. ;w;
Coming back to say... I can't believe I actually forgot about Cats. [2019] Maybe it was my brain's attempt to flush every memory of that movie out of my system like the disease it is. The CGI was absolutely terrifying. If they're cats, why do they have human noses?? Don't even get me started on the roaches.

Also, I know it was brought up in this thread so I gotta say The Greatest Showman absolutely slapped, historically inaccurate or not. Loved every single song. ;w;
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Aqua Tales is probably the worst movie I’ve ever seen. It seems to be really obscure since it’s never mentioned and I sometimes wonder if it was all just a fever dream, but I’m quite certain I’ve been forced to sit through this hot garbage multiple times when my brother was little because he was bored and it was a cartoon. (Spoilers)

Essentially, it was about this kid who always ate these Cheetos knockoff cheese puffs and he refused to eat his fish for dinner. The fish was this “Wish Fish” or something and from what I recall, he wished for his mom to go away or something and she was abducted by aliens. I don’t remember much of what happened after that, but the kid teamed up with this girl and her dog and they went to rescue the kid’s mom. They found the aliens and rescued the mom after they defeated the aliens, and the main character got rid of the Cheetos knockoff snacks and ate more fish.

The plot actually wasn’t the worst part—it was a CGI cartoon that was made around 2011 and the graphics looked like something awful from the mid-90s. The animation was lousy and the scene pictured on the DVD menu if I remember correctly wasn’t even in the movie. I felt that the movie was so awful that after my brother seemed to forget about it, I took the DVD and wrote something like “DON’T WATCH THIS MOVIE!” on the bottom of it. It was awful.
I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Aqua Tales is probably the worst movie I’ve ever seen. It seems to be really obscure since it’s never mentioned and I sometimes wonder if it was all just a fever dream, but I’m quite certain I’ve been forced to sit through this hot garbage multiple times when my brother was little because he was bored and it was a cartoon. (Spoilers)

Essentially, it was about this kid who always ate these Cheetos knockoff cheese puffs and he refused to eat his fish for dinner. The fish was this “Wish Fish” or something and from what I recall, he wished for his mom to go away or something and she was abducted by aliens. I don’t remember much of what happened after that, but the kid teamed up with this girl and her dog and they went to rescue the kid’s mom. They found the aliens and rescued the mom after they defeated the aliens, and the main character got rid of the Cheetos knockoff snacks and ate more fish.

The plot actually wasn’t the worst part—it was a CGI cartoon that was made around 2011 and the graphics looked like something awful from the mid-90s. The animation was lousy and the scene pictured on the DVD menu if I remember correctly wasn’t even in the movie. I felt that the movie was so awful that after my brother seemed to forget about it, I took the DVD and wrote something like “DON’T WATCH THIS MOVIE!” on the bottom of it. It was awful.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
Some of y'all don't watch bad movie review YouTube channels and it shows :0

Saberspark has introduced me to such monstrosities like Joshua and the Promise Land, all Dingo Pictures movies, Alibaba and the Good Raiders, Leo the Lion, and plentyyy more. I watched, like, three of Dingo Pictures movies and my eyes have never fully recovered.

Worst movie I saw in theaters? Cats. Worst musical to turn into a movie.
Some of y'all don't watch bad movie review YouTube channels and it shows :0

Saberspark has introduced me to such monstrosities like Joshua and the Promise Land, all Dingo Pictures movies, Alibaba and the Good Raiders, Leo the Lion, and plentyyy more. I watched, like, three of Dingo Pictures movies and my eyes have never fully recovered.

Worst movie I saw in theaters? Cats. Worst musical to turn into a movie.
laV4cLs.gif
After Earth. My memory has mercifully erased bad films, so I'm sure I've seen worse but just can't think of it now (or someone else has already named it).

This film could've been passable. Not great: the film sells stoicism, which is such a well-trodden trope it is difficult to do well (and a hallmark of lazy writing if played completely straight and the work takes itself too seriously). Also, compelling narratives crack the characters' shells open to show how they tick (and through our empathy, show us how we do), so having characters learn to hide themselves away works against you.

But what did you cast Will Smith as Stoic Patriarch for? Yes, there's something to be said for typecasting, and he is by no means a terrible actor, but that role just doesn't play to his strengths! Look at Hitch, Pursuit of Happiness...

The pacing is all off. Don't rush this. You think you're writing an action flick? You're not. It's a relationship film. Explore that conflict, that struggle for identity the son is having.
After Earth. My memory has mercifully erased bad films, so I'm sure I've seen worse but just can't think of it now (or someone else has already named it).

This film could've been passable. Not great: the film sells stoicism, which is such a well-trodden trope it is difficult to do well (and a hallmark of lazy writing if played completely straight and the work takes itself too seriously). Also, compelling narratives crack the characters' shells open to show how they tick (and through our empathy, show us how we do), so having characters learn to hide themselves away works against you.

But what did you cast Will Smith as Stoic Patriarch for? Yes, there's something to be said for typecasting, and he is by no means a terrible actor, but that role just doesn't play to his strengths! Look at Hitch, Pursuit of Happiness...

The pacing is all off. Don't rush this. You think you're writing an action flick? You're not. It's a relationship film. Explore that conflict, that struggle for identity the son is having.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32