Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do You Use a Nightlight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Luminosi
I was just curious.
@Luminosi
I was just curious.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
Yes. I’m an adult. Can’t stand the weird moving patterns and lights I see when it’s pitch black, or when I keep my eyes shut for too long while awake. I’m also afraid of the dark, but it only bothers me sometimes.
Yes. I’m an adult. Can’t stand the weird moving patterns and lights I see when it’s pitch black, or when I keep my eyes shut for too long while awake. I’m also afraid of the dark, but it only bothers me sometimes.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Something in my room tends to light up and I have no idea why it does that but I've just learned to live with it. It's also a really pretty blue and is my nonconsensual nightlight
Something in my room tends to light up and I have no idea why it does that but I've just learned to live with it. It's also a really pretty blue and is my nonconsensual nightlight
v2PJF9u.png 6kR982D.pngWn6vGC1.png
Not technically a nightlight, but I leave my laptop on and slightly open on my bed a lot
Not technically a nightlight, but I leave my laptop on and slightly open on my bed a lot

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
I'm a young adult (technically still a teenager for US folk, I would guess) but I just recently stopped using a nightlight
I used to feel very embarrassed about it because most people found it strange that I was still scared of the dark as an older kid and into my teens, but I learned not to worry about people think
When I moved into my own room I gradually started using less and less light, learning how fast my eyes actually adjusted to the dark. I started moving the nightlight further away from myself. It went from near my bed, to at the other side of my room, to the hallway and now I don't bother turning it on. Though it's never pitch black when I sleep, I have to keep my door ajar or my cat will knock on it and there's always some light on in the hallway so we don't step on her or fall in the staircase.
I do try to keep something over my face though so I guess I am trying to block any light when I sleep now? Though I'm also slightly light sensitive so yeah
I'm a young adult (technically still a teenager for US folk, I would guess) but I just recently stopped using a nightlight
I used to feel very embarrassed about it because most people found it strange that I was still scared of the dark as an older kid and into my teens, but I learned not to worry about people think
When I moved into my own room I gradually started using less and less light, learning how fast my eyes actually adjusted to the dark. I started moving the nightlight further away from myself. It went from near my bed, to at the other side of my room, to the hallway and now I don't bother turning it on. Though it's never pitch black when I sleep, I have to keep my door ajar or my cat will knock on it and there's always some light on in the hallway so we don't step on her or fall in the staircase.
I do try to keep something over my face though so I guess I am trying to block any light when I sleep now? Though I'm also slightly light sensitive so yeah
Screen_Shot_2018-07-13_at_12.50.14_AM.png
I sleep with the tv on for the light and sound. I like to not feel alone.
I sleep with the tv on for the light and sound. I like to not feel alone.
yep :) i went from needing one to not needing one to needing one again

i just prefer to be able to see things in my room, im a really paranoid person xD

it went from fears like monsters and the boogey man to ,, murderers lol
yep :) i went from needing one to not needing one to needing one again

i just prefer to be able to see things in my room, im a really paranoid person xD

it went from fears like monsters and the boogey man to ,, murderers lol
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
I don't have a nightlight per se, but my computer's charger has a light and I have this small power backup box under my desk that also has a light. I used to have an actual nightlight and I think it could be nice to bring one back, especially those projector ones.
I don't have a nightlight per se, but my computer's charger has a light and I have this small power backup box under my desk that also has a light. I used to have an actual nightlight and I think it could be nice to bring one back, especially those projector ones.
I wish I did. I always feel like I'll get kidnapped or murdered at night, even though I know that fear is irrational. I've settled for just having four or five flashlights in my room with at least one within an arm's reach at all time (at night, of course).
I wish I did. I always feel like I'll get kidnapped or murdered at night, even though I know that fear is irrational. I've settled for just having four or five flashlights in my room with at least one within an arm's reach at all time (at night, of course).
+2 FR time
he/they
No, I do not. But what's the purppse? I don't want light in my eyes... It's supposed to be dark!
No, I do not. But what's the purppse? I don't want light in my eyes... It's supposed to be dark!
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7