Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your phobias?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
I don't even know if there is a term for it, but I do not like piercings of any kind. I tolerate regular (and emphasis on regular) ear piercings because they are so common, but anything beyond that starts to upset me. The very worst ones are gauges, navel and spinal(?) piercings. I can usually stomach some unpleasant sights, but even drawings of those have made me dry-heave.

And yes, I'm very aware of how strange a fear this is.
I don't even know if there is a term for it, but I do not like piercings of any kind. I tolerate regular (and emphasis on regular) ear piercings because they are so common, but anything beyond that starts to upset me. The very worst ones are gauges, navel and spinal(?) piercings. I can usually stomach some unpleasant sights, but even drawings of those have made me dry-heave.

And yes, I'm very aware of how strange a fear this is.
23826.png7103.png23828.png
[quote name="Ratiasu" date="2020-04-06 10:34:40" ] naviphobia, the fear of being on a boat -- i have an irrational fear of capsizing. they terrify me to my core and to be on one that moves quickly, i have to hold onto a handle tightly with my eyes closed, even then the fear is still overwhelming. i will never go on a cruise ship. pontoon boats are the only ones that are tolerable to me. [/quote] @Ratiasu You say it's irrational - do you mean to say you know how big ships manage to stay afloat, yet you still have the fear? I'd be more than happy to explain how they float if you don't! It's something I find very interesting to talk about :) As for my fear, I have a very specific fear of sleeping in a bedroom with blue walls.
Ratiasu wrote on 2020-04-06 10:34:40:
naviphobia, the fear of being on a boat --
i have an irrational fear of capsizing. they terrify me to my core and to be on one that moves quickly, i have to hold onto a handle tightly with my eyes closed, even then the fear is still overwhelming. i will never go on a cruise ship. pontoon boats are the only ones that are tolerable to me.
@Ratiasu You say it's irrational - do you mean to say you know how big ships manage to stay afloat, yet you still have the fear? I'd be more than happy to explain how they float if you don't! It's something I find very interesting to talk about :)

As for my fear, I have a very specific fear of sleeping in a bedroom with blue walls.
fScibE1.png _ Toadie : He/Him
Wishlist
Art Twitter
Ask me about commissions!
__________ 13E1rPS.png
Looking for Candy Swirl M! Please PM me if you have an offer!
@Astrocomet That's called Kosmemophobia!
@Astrocomet That's called Kosmemophobia!
fScibE1.png _ Toadie : He/Him
Wishlist
Art Twitter
Ask me about commissions!
__________ 13E1rPS.png
Looking for Candy Swirl M! Please PM me if you have an offer!
not being able to find things / being on my own and not knowing what to do

edit: oh, and deep oceans. like, i'm fine going to the beach or swimming in a pool, but i can't stand going in oceans in video games. i'm not sure why.
not being able to find things / being on my own and not knowing what to do

edit: oh, and deep oceans. like, i'm fine going to the beach or swimming in a pool, but i can't stand going in oceans in video games. i'm not sure why.
trilo
she/her
I don't know if this has a name, but I have a fear of being controlled, losing freedom/free will, being taken advantage of, losing my voice, etc. Now, this isn't truly irrational, but I'm absolutely terrified of the idea of it, mostly because I've always been very quiet and used to be very shy, and couldn't find the courage to ever stand up for myself. Whenever I feel like someone is trying to "take my power away" I feel slightly ill and sometimes start trembling. And I attempt to hide the fear part (because I fear it will make the other person think I'm 'weak' even though I know it doesn't matter) by getting angry instead. It's getting better though. :3

Second: an actual irrational fear. Mosquito eaters. Not bugs in general – mosquito eaters specifically. If I see one I'll start panicking, my throat will close up, I'll grab something to shield myself and run as far away as possible from it. I can always feel the adrenaline surging through my body like it's a life-or-death situation. Heck, recently I couldn't even go in my room because there was a mosquito eater in it. I know they can't hurt me but I'm still terrified. Even pictures of them make me gasp for air (not even exaggerating). Is there a name for this? I'm insanely curious.

And that's it. Everything I'm afraid of falls under those two categories. *laugh*
I don't know if this has a name, but I have a fear of being controlled, losing freedom/free will, being taken advantage of, losing my voice, etc. Now, this isn't truly irrational, but I'm absolutely terrified of the idea of it, mostly because I've always been very quiet and used to be very shy, and couldn't find the courage to ever stand up for myself. Whenever I feel like someone is trying to "take my power away" I feel slightly ill and sometimes start trembling. And I attempt to hide the fear part (because I fear it will make the other person think I'm 'weak' even though I know it doesn't matter) by getting angry instead. It's getting better though. :3

Second: an actual irrational fear. Mosquito eaters. Not bugs in general – mosquito eaters specifically. If I see one I'll start panicking, my throat will close up, I'll grab something to shield myself and run as far away as possible from it. I can always feel the adrenaline surging through my body like it's a life-or-death situation. Heck, recently I couldn't even go in my room because there was a mosquito eater in it. I know they can't hurt me but I'm still terrified. Even pictures of them make me gasp for air (not even exaggerating). Is there a name for this? I'm insanely curious.

And that's it. Everything I'm afraid of falls under those two categories. *laugh*
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
pyrophobia - fear of fire

i hate fire. so much.
pyrophobia - fear of fire

i hate fire. so much.
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
I've got fairly mild trypophobia, which I actually found out due to the marbled and swirl genes here on FR. Reading through this thread, I might also have... thalassophobia? Maybe? I don't like when I can't see the bottom of the water, and going on bridges over large bodies of water makes me uneasy.
Quote:
another thing that can really trigger my anxiety is loose hairs, especially long hairs, ESPECIALLY if they're wet. hate hate hate to touch them, hate it even more if they get stuck to me. sometimes even really thin threads can do this to me, again especially if they're wet
Also THIS
I hate hate hate when loose hair gets on me, especially if it's not my own. I have this instant panic/disgust response until I can manage to get it off of me.
I've got fairly mild trypophobia, which I actually found out due to the marbled and swirl genes here on FR. Reading through this thread, I might also have... thalassophobia? Maybe? I don't like when I can't see the bottom of the water, and going on bridges over large bodies of water makes me uneasy.
Quote:
another thing that can really trigger my anxiety is loose hairs, especially long hairs, ESPECIALLY if they're wet. hate hate hate to touch them, hate it even more if they get stuck to me. sometimes even really thin threads can do this to me, again especially if they're wet
Also THIS
I hate hate hate when loose hair gets on me, especially if it's not my own. I have this instant panic/disgust response until I can manage to get it off of me.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Mysophobia (germs)
I swear I can see and feel when something is unsanitary
Hand sanitizer, will you marry me?

Misophonia (sounds)
The sound of chewing and repeated pen clicking makes me want to flip a car

And I don't know if this counts, but dryers scare me, I feel like when I press the start button I'm pressing the button to my death
Mysophobia (germs)
I swear I can see and feel when something is unsanitary
Hand sanitizer, will you marry me?

Misophonia (sounds)
The sound of chewing and repeated pen clicking makes me want to flip a car

And I don't know if this counts, but dryers scare me, I feel like when I press the start button I'm pressing the button to my death
646378xb7pmu4huz.gif
I have a strange fear of beeping and grinding "electric" noises, more specifically when a computer beeps, or its a sudden beep i don't have access too? i cant explain it. Microwaves and alarm clocks are perfectly fine though.

Also terrified of needles, a bit of a short story here, i had to go to the dr for mononucleosis, dr had to take my blood and she said "relax or ill have to poke you again!" like yeah that helped thanks

And i guess trypophobia, which happened after i watched a video containing a dog and botflies

I dont think i have claustrophobia, as small places in general dont bother me much, but if its a small place going underground or underwater... then i hate it. I guess its the fear of the ground collapsing, not being able to turn around, or drowning.

Also beetles, after a big one bit me when i was maybe 5 and hung from my finger.

Not sure if this is a fear or just a pet peeve, but i cannot scratch anyone or anything with my nails directly, because of the thought of their skin cells getting under my nails

Also a fear of being "awake"/aware during surgery even though im under anesthesia
I have a strange fear of beeping and grinding "electric" noises, more specifically when a computer beeps, or its a sudden beep i don't have access too? i cant explain it. Microwaves and alarm clocks are perfectly fine though.

Also terrified of needles, a bit of a short story here, i had to go to the dr for mononucleosis, dr had to take my blood and she said "relax or ill have to poke you again!" like yeah that helped thanks

And i guess trypophobia, which happened after i watched a video containing a dog and botflies

I dont think i have claustrophobia, as small places in general dont bother me much, but if its a small place going underground or underwater... then i hate it. I guess its the fear of the ground collapsing, not being able to turn around, or drowning.

Also beetles, after a big one bit me when i was maybe 5 and hung from my finger.

Not sure if this is a fear or just a pet peeve, but i cannot scratch anyone or anything with my nails directly, because of the thought of their skin cells getting under my nails

Also a fear of being "awake"/aware during surgery even though im under anesthesia
FR time +2 (CST/CDT) He/They Demi Bi Transmasc NB
VxdCkvG.pngOwPl6Om.pngOQej0yU.png2WpxpdQ.pngz3oFTt2.pngBZiXP2N.png
I really really hate all types of bugs. Even the ones people are supposed to like, like ladybugs and butterflies are terrifying. The only ones I can even stand to look at are like, those fuzzy moths and maybe praying mantises. Just pictures of them though, I wouldn't want to be near them.
I really really hate all types of bugs. Even the ones people are supposed to like, like ladybugs and butterflies are terrifying. The only ones I can even stand to look at are like, those fuzzy moths and maybe praying mantises. Just pictures of them though, I wouldn't want to be near them.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12