Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your phobias?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
human babies and toddlers. i literally can't be in the same room as a baby without getting super anxious and uncomfortable. i can't go to my family gatherings for the holidays anymore cause my cousins my age all have babies/toddlers now. last time i went, one of the toddlers waddled too close to me and i had to go lock myself in the bathroom and cry for like 30 minutes;;;
i can't even look at PICTURES of babies, or baby-related objects like pacifiers and diapers. also, i would rather touch rotting roadkill than touch a baby or anything that is regularly/recently handled by a baby.
i'm also afraid of getting pregnant, not just cause of the resulting baby but all the other stuff about pregnancy. something foreign growing inside me, losing my bodily autonomy, the devastation it'd wreak on my hormones and depression... nnnnno. there's also the fact that the only way i'd ever even GET pregnant would be because i got assaulted, since i'm asexual :(

another thing that can really trigger my anxiety is loose hairs, especially long hairs, ESPECIALLY if they're wet. hate hate hate to touch them, hate it even more if they get stuck to me. sometimes even really thin threads can do this to me, again especially if they're wet

the type of rubber that a lot of stretchy rubber toy animals get made out of also super bothers me. hate to touch it, grosses me out. i'm super glad that silicone doesn't give me this feeling, as it gives me another non-foam option for stress squishies. phew!
human babies and toddlers. i literally can't be in the same room as a baby without getting super anxious and uncomfortable. i can't go to my family gatherings for the holidays anymore cause my cousins my age all have babies/toddlers now. last time i went, one of the toddlers waddled too close to me and i had to go lock myself in the bathroom and cry for like 30 minutes;;;
i can't even look at PICTURES of babies, or baby-related objects like pacifiers and diapers. also, i would rather touch rotting roadkill than touch a baby or anything that is regularly/recently handled by a baby.
i'm also afraid of getting pregnant, not just cause of the resulting baby but all the other stuff about pregnancy. something foreign growing inside me, losing my bodily autonomy, the devastation it'd wreak on my hormones and depression... nnnnno. there's also the fact that the only way i'd ever even GET pregnant would be because i got assaulted, since i'm asexual :(

another thing that can really trigger my anxiety is loose hairs, especially long hairs, ESPECIALLY if they're wet. hate hate hate to touch them, hate it even more if they get stuck to me. sometimes even really thin threads can do this to me, again especially if they're wet

the type of rubber that a lot of stretchy rubber toy animals get made out of also super bothers me. hate to touch it, grosses me out. i'm super glad that silicone doesn't give me this feeling, as it gives me another non-foam option for stress squishies. phew!
due to severe anxiety, i'd say about everything
due to severe anxiety, i'd say about everything
I have a severe phobia of skin conditions and sicknesses that you can give to other people. I had ring worm while I was working at a daycare and it got so bad it completely covered the inside of both of my hands. I was terrified I'd end up giving it to the kids and I wore gloves for over a month to keep from having skin to skin contact. Since then I've been scared of getting things that I could potentially give to other people by accident.

I've also recently become terrified of IVs. Not of needles but of IVs specifically.
I have a severe phobia of skin conditions and sicknesses that you can give to other people. I had ring worm while I was working at a daycare and it got so bad it completely covered the inside of both of my hands. I was terrified I'd end up giving it to the kids and I wore gloves for over a month to keep from having skin to skin contact. Since then I've been scared of getting things that I could potentially give to other people by accident.

I've also recently become terrified of IVs. Not of needles but of IVs specifically.
1c8q357.pngug7lou7.pngBkyl5HP.png
I have a huge fear of empty doorways, but specifically when they're dark. I can't walk through hallways at night if there's a door open. even if the light in the hall is on, if i see an open door with nothing but darkness behind it, i will panic. i just can't stand the thought of there being something in there, waiting for me to walk past and drag me into another dimension. this also applies to dark closets. walk-in closets are scary.
I have a huge fear of empty doorways, but specifically when they're dark. I can't walk through hallways at night if there's a door open. even if the light in the hall is on, if i see an open door with nothing but darkness behind it, i will panic. i just can't stand the thought of there being something in there, waiting for me to walk past and drag me into another dimension. this also applies to dark closets. walk-in closets are scary.
T | It | ASD
Maker of fine graves
I really hate elevators :’)

When I was younger, my anxiety was tERRIBLE- You couldn’t even leave me in the car because it was so bad. I don’t know how this fear started but it just stuck with me ever since. Every time I’d have to go in one, I’d immediately go into the corner if it’s empty. If there were stairs, I’d totally take them (doesn’t help that I have a condition that makes me tire easily though...) unless my Mum/Dad insists that we take the stairs.

Thankfully, my phobia has gone down to just a fear in recent years but I still hate elevators with a burning passion, especially if they’re old and shake.
I hate them... so much...
I really hate elevators :’)

When I was younger, my anxiety was tERRIBLE- You couldn’t even leave me in the car because it was so bad. I don’t know how this fear started but it just stuck with me ever since. Every time I’d have to go in one, I’d immediately go into the corner if it’s empty. If there were stairs, I’d totally take them (doesn’t help that I have a condition that makes me tire easily though...) unless my Mum/Dad insists that we take the stairs.

Thankfully, my phobia has gone down to just a fear in recent years but I still hate elevators with a burning passion, especially if they’re old and shake.
I hate them... so much...
I have arachnophobia, if I walk into a room and see I spider I just nope it out of there and ask someone else to deal with it before I go back in. It got really bad in highschool because my first part time job was cleaning and maintaining the local church, which was old and just a home to spiders. I still get uneasy thinking about having to work there with the low ceilings and spiders in every crack and corner, I had to quit because it was just to much for me.

I dont know if there's a name for this but I also have a fear of porcelain dolls. They just sit there staring, creeps me out to no end. I told a friend of mine about it once and as a joke he then just stood completely still and stared at me wide eyed, and then I realized that a real person looking at me dead faced is 1000% worse then a doll. So theres that I guess but luckily people dont just go around sitting completely still looking at each other so I never really have to deal with that one.
I have arachnophobia, if I walk into a room and see I spider I just nope it out of there and ask someone else to deal with it before I go back in. It got really bad in highschool because my first part time job was cleaning and maintaining the local church, which was old and just a home to spiders. I still get uneasy thinking about having to work there with the low ceilings and spiders in every crack and corner, I had to quit because it was just to much for me.

I dont know if there's a name for this but I also have a fear of porcelain dolls. They just sit there staring, creeps me out to no end. I told a friend of mine about it once and as a joke he then just stood completely still and stared at me wide eyed, and then I realized that a real person looking at me dead faced is 1000% worse then a doll. So theres that I guess but luckily people dont just go around sitting completely still looking at each other so I never really have to deal with that one.
bxDQbVS.gif 0f8ec67c8d1726ff5bb29ec279f11c1ccb162bce.png 9b20a1dfbbd0e34670a9a89c4436632f737cf37d.png bxDQbVS.gif
trypiphobia, emetophobia, arachnophobia, whatever the phobia for bees is i die for what it was, and scopophobia

out of all of them, scopophobia is the most severe for me
trypiphobia, emetophobia, arachnophobia, whatever the phobia for bees is i die for what it was, and scopophobia

out of all of them, scopophobia is the most severe for me
RAQUESIS
she/her | infj-t | fr+0 | xxx breeder
XXX DRAGONS FOR SALE HERE
[quote name="jayrot" date="2020-04-07 20:30:13" ] I have arachnophobia, if I walk into a room and see I spider I just nope it out of there and ask someone else to deal with it before I go back in. [/quote] same; if i see a spider in my room im sleeping on the couch downstairs, not with a spider
jayrot wrote on 2020-04-07 20:30:13:
I have arachnophobia, if I walk into a room and see I spider I just nope it out of there and ask someone else to deal with it before I go back in.
same; if i see a spider in my room im sleeping on the couch downstairs, not with a spider
RAQUESIS
she/her | infj-t | fr+0 | xxx breeder
XXX DRAGONS FOR SALE HERE
I just discovered a really fun one. Fear of driving, but only when I am at the wheel. (maybe it could just be classified as severe anxiety? idk)
It is always a blast when I pull out onto the 'highway', which in my town only goes at like, 35mph, when suddenly, unexpectedly I am hyperventilating and loosing focus on the road (no nothing has ever happened, everyone, including me, is in good health). I have thus since only used the back roads, or when absolutely necessary, asked a friend or family member for a ride. At least if a panic attack happens on the back roads, I can easily pull over without much difficulty.
I just discovered a really fun one. Fear of driving, but only when I am at the wheel. (maybe it could just be classified as severe anxiety? idk)
It is always a blast when I pull out onto the 'highway', which in my town only goes at like, 35mph, when suddenly, unexpectedly I am hyperventilating and loosing focus on the road (no nothing has ever happened, everyone, including me, is in good health). I have thus since only used the back roads, or when absolutely necessary, asked a friend or family member for a ride. At least if a panic attack happens on the back roads, I can easily pull over without much difficulty.
SsKM2S5.pngA6YLlF0.pngtDeKDnH.png
I was 7 years old and my cousin and I were in my parents' room to watch TV on their little antenna one. Child blocks didn't exist on antenna TVs in the 90's, so when we changed the channel, we landed right on Stephen King's It. The clown popped out of the shower drain to eat the kid and I ran out into the hallway screaming my little head off. I've hated clowns ever since and would completely freak out when I was younger whenever I saw them. A few years later, my dad actually had to stop my brother's scout master from walking over to me during a school festival because he was dressed as a clown. Apparently a couple of my clown freak outs had involved preemptive attacks and Dad didn't want me accidentally hurting him.

I also have a mild fear of dolls, but only when they move on their own. I don't like horror movies in general, but that's a theme that severely creeps me out. I can't even watch two of the Halloween episodes of Family Matters because Steve gets a haunted ventriloquist doll in them. Oddly enough, I was able to watch the Goosebumps movie just fine despite Slappy. Probably because I knew it would have a happy ending.
I was 7 years old and my cousin and I were in my parents' room to watch TV on their little antenna one. Child blocks didn't exist on antenna TVs in the 90's, so when we changed the channel, we landed right on Stephen King's It. The clown popped out of the shower drain to eat the kid and I ran out into the hallway screaming my little head off. I've hated clowns ever since and would completely freak out when I was younger whenever I saw them. A few years later, my dad actually had to stop my brother's scout master from walking over to me during a school festival because he was dressed as a clown. Apparently a couple of my clown freak outs had involved preemptive attacks and Dad didn't want me accidentally hurting him.

I also have a mild fear of dolls, but only when they move on their own. I don't like horror movies in general, but that's a theme that severely creeps me out. I can't even watch two of the Halloween episodes of Family Matters because Steve gets a haunted ventriloquist doll in them. Oddly enough, I was able to watch the Goosebumps movie just fine despite Slappy. Probably because I knew it would have a happy ending.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12