Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Strange to find this thread bumped up again... I think leadership has something to do with this since some countries are over it, and well... The US had a change of leadership recently, so things might go smoother. Also, we get paid to stay home, so that's new.
Strange to find this thread bumped up again... I think leadership has something to do with this since some countries are over it, and well... The US had a change of leadership recently, so things might go smoother. Also, we get paid to stay home, so that's new.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
[quote name="@GingaSnap" date="2020-09-14 06:49:27" ] I'm really worried and scared about this entire situation I have to admit. I'm attending college rn, and it really sucks not being able to interact with people at all. Not to mention the area I live in has a lot of elderly people and local nursing homes have been getting hit really bad :( I'm just grateful my grandparents have their own home and can stay inside.. That being said my cousins of all people have been very stubborn anti-mask people and don't wear any face protection when they visit my grandparents.. Honestly it makes me so angry I might just stop associating with them altogether. The worst part is is that their mom is a nurse and their dad is a professor on my campus, and their family likes to brag about being 'intelligent.' [/quote] I just want you to know my cousins and their parents are the same way, you're not alone. Their dad is a chiropractor with a PhD and they claim to be 'good christian people', lmao. I don't talk to anyone in their family at this point. Aside from their general bigotry, I just don't want to associate myself with people who think it's funny to hang a mask from their shirt and say "Technically I AM wearing a mask!1!!" I'm sorry you also have family members like this. I really hope your grandparents don't get sick because of them. You'd be fully justified in cutting contact with them btw. People like that aren't worth the energy it takes to feel hurt by their ignorance. I hope you're doing well & I do hope your family members come to realize the importance of masks/social distancing.
@GingaSnap wrote on 2020-09-14 06:49:27:
I'm really worried and scared about this entire situation I have to admit. I'm attending college rn, and it really sucks not being able to interact with people at all. Not to mention the area I live in has a lot of elderly people and local nursing homes have been getting hit really bad :( I'm just grateful my grandparents have their own home and can stay inside..

That being said my cousins of all people have been very stubborn anti-mask people and don't wear any face protection when they visit my grandparents.. Honestly it makes me so angry I might just stop associating with them altogether. The worst part is is that their mom is a nurse and their dad is a professor on my campus, and their family likes to brag about being 'intelligent.'

I just want you to know my cousins and their parents are the same way, you're not alone. Their dad is a chiropractor with a PhD and they claim to be 'good christian people', lmao. I don't talk to anyone in their family at this point. Aside from their general bigotry, I just don't want to associate myself with people who think it's funny to hang a mask from their shirt and say "Technically I AM wearing a mask!1!!"

I'm sorry you also have family members like this. I really hope your grandparents don't get sick because of them. You'd be fully justified in cutting contact with them btw. People like that aren't worth the energy it takes to feel hurt by their ignorance. I hope you're doing well & I do hope your family members come to realize the importance of masks/social distancing.
I'll just poke in with "high status (or power) does not equal intelligence nor education, and though education overlaps with intelligence, they're not exactly the same." Need an example? My divided, chaotic country...
I'll just poke in with "high status (or power) does not equal intelligence nor education, and though education overlaps with intelligence, they're not exactly the same." Need an example? My divided, chaotic country...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
my mom just had to work a ton because the hospital she works in is understaffed, so i really hope she doesn’t get it and is able to take a break soon. i’m a Christian and so many people i know are refusing to wear masks and be careful, it’s so frustrating. my family is trying to be careful and not selfish, and one of our friends has gotten mad at us because we didn’t want to hang out when they had covid. it’s not hard to wear a mask and social distance, i wish people would understand that. both my parents will be getting the vaccine soon, which means we’re probably going to get made fun of by the “friends” that got mad when we didn’t want to hang out, but i honestly don’t want to be around those people anymore. they’re the stereotypical antivax antimask people and we really only hang out with them because they don’t have any other friends.
my mom just had to work a ton because the hospital she works in is understaffed, so i really hope she doesn’t get it and is able to take a break soon. i’m a Christian and so many people i know are refusing to wear masks and be careful, it’s so frustrating. my family is trying to be careful and not selfish, and one of our friends has gotten mad at us because we didn’t want to hang out when they had covid. it’s not hard to wear a mask and social distance, i wish people would understand that. both my parents will be getting the vaccine soon, which means we’re probably going to get made fun of by the “friends” that got mad when we didn’t want to hang out, but i honestly don’t want to be around those people anymore. they’re the stereotypical antivax antimask people and we really only hang out with them because they don’t have any other friends.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

I am hoping this is an okay place to post. I know everyone is frustrated. The worker shortages continue (especially in healthcare). I know that it's depressing to think about. But, I hope we all understand the importance of doing what we can to prevent it. It's horrific to be on the other end of things. To any sick with it, etc, I am so sorry you are dealing with it. To those who are frustrated (for various reasons), I think so many of us are.
I am hoping this is an okay place to post. I know everyone is frustrated. The worker shortages continue (especially in healthcare). I know that it's depressing to think about. But, I hope we all understand the importance of doing what we can to prevent it. It's horrific to be on the other end of things. To any sick with it, etc, I am so sorry you are dealing with it. To those who are frustrated (for various reasons), I think so many of us are.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
oh man, looking at that first post from march 2020 now is painful. it’s been a long ride since then, huh? a year and a half or so since that time, and im still asking myself when it’ll be over. and i think a lot of us are.
oh man, looking at that first post from march 2020 now is painful. it’s been a long ride since then, huh? a year and a half or so since that time, and im still asking myself when it’ll be over. and i think a lot of us are.
autumn • +3 fr time
I hope this mess all ends soon. It's honestly a little scary
I hope this mess all ends soon. It's honestly a little scary
ooSuhor.png
When it all started, I explained to others, prior pandemics took 4 years. There was a really bad point, but it took time. This time around, we have some tools we didn't have before. But, in order for it to work, they have to be implemented well. And, there is a push against that by some. I can't speak to their reasons. But, I think it's a form of denial, psychologically. Like a break, an inability to cope with what is going on around them, and a strong desire to hold onto what was, or pretend it's passed.

However, I do think outcomes have improved. But, with winter coming on here, and the way things work, I can't imagine people won't do things that result in the spread of it more. So, just like times when bad flus go around, I am anxious, cautious, and careful. I hope the best for everyone, no matter what they choose, because (simply), when reality hits home, most regret not taking advantage of things available.

So, here, and now, I just want to wish every single person well. It's scary still. But, at some point, they will get a handle on it, and it will become a seasonal thing. I don't think it will ever go away. But, more, it's getting used to things like masking. Taking precautions. Taking advantage of the tools out there.

I remember in years gone by, book stores. Every winter, the sick would storm libraries and book stores to get things to read while stuck home in bed. We used to say, avoiding the bookstore in winter was wise.

This is similar, now it's coffee shops, etc. Tempting places to congregate. Shopping for the holidays, I used to love doing it in person for some items. Now, I'm cautious.

But, the toll is heavy. And, I need to find my peace. So, will begin taking walks in the parks (few do in the colder weather), with the dog. And, try to embrace the crunching of leaves beneath my feet, the cool brisk air. Perhaps bring a hot cider along for a break at a bench. Find a way to embrace what can be done, more than lament what can't be done.
When it all started, I explained to others, prior pandemics took 4 years. There was a really bad point, but it took time. This time around, we have some tools we didn't have before. But, in order for it to work, they have to be implemented well. And, there is a push against that by some. I can't speak to their reasons. But, I think it's a form of denial, psychologically. Like a break, an inability to cope with what is going on around them, and a strong desire to hold onto what was, or pretend it's passed.

However, I do think outcomes have improved. But, with winter coming on here, and the way things work, I can't imagine people won't do things that result in the spread of it more. So, just like times when bad flus go around, I am anxious, cautious, and careful. I hope the best for everyone, no matter what they choose, because (simply), when reality hits home, most regret not taking advantage of things available.

So, here, and now, I just want to wish every single person well. It's scary still. But, at some point, they will get a handle on it, and it will become a seasonal thing. I don't think it will ever go away. But, more, it's getting used to things like masking. Taking precautions. Taking advantage of the tools out there.

I remember in years gone by, book stores. Every winter, the sick would storm libraries and book stores to get things to read while stuck home in bed. We used to say, avoiding the bookstore in winter was wise.

This is similar, now it's coffee shops, etc. Tempting places to congregate. Shopping for the holidays, I used to love doing it in person for some items. Now, I'm cautious.

But, the toll is heavy. And, I need to find my peace. So, will begin taking walks in the parks (few do in the colder weather), with the dog. And, try to embrace the crunching of leaves beneath my feet, the cool brisk air. Perhaps bring a hot cider along for a break at a bench. Find a way to embrace what can be done, more than lament what can't be done.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
goodness - i wasn’t on fr when the pandemic started, nor was i really on any sort of forums aside from my own small circle on social media. it’s strange to see posts from the time, when everything was so different even though it was only a year ago! i was so hopeful at the beginning of it all, this thread brings me back to that time.
i hope everyone has been doing well and staying safe. we’re getting there, slowly but surely.
goodness - i wasn’t on fr when the pandemic started, nor was i really on any sort of forums aside from my own small circle on social media. it’s strange to see posts from the time, when everything was so different even though it was only a year ago! i was so hopeful at the beginning of it all, this thread brings me back to that time.
i hope everyone has been doing well and staying safe. we’re getting there, slowly but surely.
wqnTQE2.png · they/them
· intp - aquarius
· autistic
· sales tab
Seeing this post pop back up a year and a half later... Man x_x
Seeing this post pop back up a year and a half later... Man x_x
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80