Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | opinions on planes?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm okay with planes I think? I haven't been on one in about five? years? it's been a while.

although, I recently had a dream where I had to go on a plane and i had such a bad anxiety attack that I started crying (in the dream) and I woke up with a feeling of anxiety

so idk, I'd have to actually go on one, but I don't think I have too bad a fear
I'm okay with planes I think? I haven't been on one in about five? years? it's been a while.

although, I recently had a dream where I had to go on a plane and i had such a bad anxiety attack that I started crying (in the dream) and I woke up with a feeling of anxiety

so idk, I'd have to actually go on one, but I don't think I have too bad a fear
+2 FR time
he/they
I hate going through security and all that, it stresses me the the hell out. Even though I have like nothing that would set off alarms I still get that feeling like "awe heck I packed a bunch of metal for some reason."

The waiting to board and the first 30 minutes of the flight, and the ending when you start to descend has always been my favorite part. I only fly on planes to visit my grandparents out in Vegas, and that's only usually during winter break, so I leave seeing snow flurries and land in the sunny desert, so that's always fun and nostalgic in a way? Though it gets boring for me halfway in the flight as my attention span is the same of a fruit flies lol.
I hate going through security and all that, it stresses me the the hell out. Even though I have like nothing that would set off alarms I still get that feeling like "awe heck I packed a bunch of metal for some reason."

The waiting to board and the first 30 minutes of the flight, and the ending when you start to descend has always been my favorite part. I only fly on planes to visit my grandparents out in Vegas, and that's only usually during winter break, so I leave seeing snow flurries and land in the sunny desert, so that's always fun and nostalgic in a way? Though it gets boring for me halfway in the flight as my attention span is the same of a fruit flies lol.
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
I hate how much they pollute and cross my fingers for technology to manage to develop more environmental friendly planes so that I can feel less bad about my flying.

That being said, the fact that 8 hours on a plane can take me to the other side of the earth whilst 8 hours on a train will take me to the other side of the country is just amazing in my eyes. They open so many possibilities for those of us who love travel but don't always have the time to go by ship/train.
I hate how much they pollute and cross my fingers for technology to manage to develop more environmental friendly planes so that I can feel less bad about my flying.

That being said, the fact that 8 hours on a plane can take me to the other side of the earth whilst 8 hours on a train will take me to the other side of the country is just amazing in my eyes. They open so many possibilities for those of us who love travel but don't always have the time to go by ship/train.
by-knighterrant.png
I HATE airplanes so much.
Obvious reasons include that im scared of heights, crashing, etc. (and turbulance by extent) but i also REALLY hate the food there, to the point where i feel sick just thinking about it. Also i can barely sleep on and after them (jetlag) so ehhh. Probably other reasons that i cant remember right now.

Airports aren't my favorite either but they're not too bad, just kinda confusing and such
I HATE airplanes so much.
Obvious reasons include that im scared of heights, crashing, etc. (and turbulance by extent) but i also REALLY hate the food there, to the point where i feel sick just thinking about it. Also i can barely sleep on and after them (jetlag) so ehhh. Probably other reasons that i cant remember right now.

Airports aren't my favorite either but they're not too bad, just kinda confusing and such
furry_fiddle.png
I hate planes. Not scared of heights or anything, I just want to be able to see out the front ;-; It's a control thing, and also an anxiety thing I guess, but flights are just misery for me.
I hate planes. Not scared of heights or anything, I just want to be able to see out the front ;-; It's a control thing, and also an anxiety thing I guess, but flights are just misery for me.
wY86E88.gif
Been on it once and was scared to death lol.... never again. I have zero reasons to travel anyway.
Been on it once and was scared to death lol.... never again. I have zero reasons to travel anyway.
I love flying and airplanes. I actually have my glider pilot license, so I fly a lot.

I don’t really like airports and commercial flying though. Most gliders don’t have an engine, so whenever I fly in a commercial airplane I don’t like the sound the engines make. It’s too loud for me and I’m not used to it.
Airports are busy and going through security and all that stresses me out.
I love flying and airplanes. I actually have my glider pilot license, so I fly a lot.

I don’t really like airports and commercial flying though. Most gliders don’t have an engine, so whenever I fly in a commercial airplane I don’t like the sound the engines make. It’s too loud for me and I’m not used to it.
Airports are busy and going through security and all that stresses me out.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
Wishlist
She/Her
FRT+9
I absolutely love planes and flying.
I’ve flown a lot on fairly long flights (coming around 15 hours) and numerous short ones and always been fascinated by everything I guess.
Airports are also really cool (aside from the fact that everything is overpriced) and I’ve always liked to explore around.
Gotten stuck at airports a couple times too, in all kinds of wacky weather, which can be rough though. *flashes back to the 50 hours no sleep in flight and in airports*
I absolutely love planes and flying.
I’ve flown a lot on fairly long flights (coming around 15 hours) and numerous short ones and always been fascinated by everything I guess.
Airports are also really cool (aside from the fact that everything is overpriced) and I’ve always liked to explore around.
Gotten stuck at airports a couple times too, in all kinds of wacky weather, which can be rough though. *flashes back to the 50 hours no sleep in flight and in airports*
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
I love planes. And I used to be kinda afraid that planes could crash and I'd probably die in it, but now I see that the probability of such accidents happeing is so low I have nothing to worry about. I'm looking for a new adventure, being on a plane feels free and wild. Love it.
I love planes. And I used to be kinda afraid that planes could crash and I'd probably die in it, but now I see that the probability of such accidents happeing is so low I have nothing to worry about. I'm looking for a new adventure, being on a plane feels free and wild. Love it.
[quote name="Rexcaliburr" date="2019-12-28 19:52:25" ] I love the timelessness of it. Airports have such a chaotic yet calm vibe. People drinking coffee at 3am. Buying Swarovski jewels at midnight. Shopping for alcohol at dawn. Sleeping on chairs. Wistfully looking at other planes taking off. Sprinting in your school shirt dragging your luggage along with your friends because you heard your flight was boarding early only to reach, all sweaty from running, just to find it it was delayed by an hour. [/quote] Ah yes. This makes me recall the times I've been in airports-especially when I was in the Air Force. First memory to pop up was very early morning at Gulfport's regional airport. Oddly soothing being in a mostly empty airport due to it being so early and getting something to eat as you wait a few hours before your flight. Of course it is interesting seeing how airports try to stand out from each other. McCarren Airport in Las Vegas has slots pretty much as soon as you get off the plane. Or before you get on it! No there's no slot machines on the plane. There's also a distinct southwest vibe to the place due to how they have it set up. Sadly I have only the most vague of memories when I came into Frankfurt. It's vague because I don't really remember looking around; I was in a foreign non English speaking country for the first time in my life and looking around for my sponsor/supervisor to get me and take me to Sembach so I could get set up with my squadron and all that. So I was very anxious during this time.
Rexcaliburr wrote on 2019-12-28 19:52:25:
I love the timelessness of it. Airports have such a chaotic yet calm vibe. People drinking coffee at 3am. Buying Swarovski jewels at midnight. Shopping for alcohol at dawn. Sleeping on chairs. Wistfully looking at other planes taking off. Sprinting in your school shirt dragging your luggage along with your friends because you heard your flight was boarding early only to reach, all sweaty from running, just to find it it was delayed by an hour.

Ah yes. This makes me recall the times I've been in airports-especially when I was in the Air Force. First memory to pop up was very early morning at Gulfport's regional airport. Oddly soothing being in a mostly empty airport due to it being so early and getting something to eat as you wait a few hours before your flight.

Of course it is interesting seeing how airports try to stand out from each other. McCarren Airport in Las Vegas has slots pretty much as soon as you get off the plane. Or before you get on it! No there's no slot machines on the plane. There's also a distinct southwest vibe to the place due to how they have it set up.

Sadly I have only the most vague of memories when I came into Frankfurt. It's vague because I don't really remember looking around; I was in a foreign non English speaking country for the first time in my life and looking around for my sponsor/supervisor to get me and take me to Sembach so I could get set up with my squadron and all that. So I was very anxious during this time.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
1 2 3 4 5