Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | opinions on planes?
1 2 3 4 5
planes are my life lol. i love everything related to aviation
planes are my life lol. i love everything related to aviation
nN0tSiK.png7PSccRO.pngsIB6VNJ.pngG1JDeXL.png
I love flying, although I only did it once last year for the first time. But I can fly again in januari 2020 and i'm already looking forward to that. The airports and all do not stress me out either, which is saying something as I have autism and cannot always handle busy places. But I just sit somewhere, grab my book and drown myself in silence and then everything is going to be alright ^_^
Flying itself... Welp I have been staring outside at the clouds with a stupid grin on my face all the time because i loved it.
I love flying, although I only did it once last year for the first time. But I can fly again in januari 2020 and i'm already looking forward to that. The airports and all do not stress me out either, which is saying something as I have autism and cannot always handle busy places. But I just sit somewhere, grab my book and drown myself in silence and then everything is going to be alright ^_^
Flying itself... Welp I have been staring outside at the clouds with a stupid grin on my face all the time because i loved it.
q4HfUW2.pngx72ysXo.png
[/columns]
Flying doesn't bother me too much*. Though long flights do wear on me-mainly due to being in one position with little room for so long. I'm talking flights across the ocean long. Had two of those and that was enough for me.

I work in an airport and I find it fascinating to be honest. It is very much set up like a mall-especially if you've ever been to Atlanta's airport. That's a major hub and definitely has that mall feel to it.

*I do have a fear of heights but I keep in mind that I'm safe and that nothing will happen. And should something happen it'll be too fast for me to worry about. Helps resolve most of that fear. I do also get nervous though if I see thunderstorms in the area and/or the approach of a front. Since my job is weather observing I pretty much know what could possibly happen from those. I've actually freaked out on a tin can (one of those small planes that can hold a bunch of people-like they're used for regional airlines. Not those much smaller usually private planes like Cessnas.) once because we were flying around a bunch of thunderstorms in the area and hitting some nasty turbulence. If the plane was larger it wouldn't have been so bad. For the record we weren't like right next to said storms; turbulence can and often is several miles or so away from the storms so you don't have to be right next to them to get ugly turbulence. And of course there's other ways of getting turbulence that has nothing to do with thunderstorms at all.
Flying doesn't bother me too much*. Though long flights do wear on me-mainly due to being in one position with little room for so long. I'm talking flights across the ocean long. Had two of those and that was enough for me.

I work in an airport and I find it fascinating to be honest. It is very much set up like a mall-especially if you've ever been to Atlanta's airport. That's a major hub and definitely has that mall feel to it.

*I do have a fear of heights but I keep in mind that I'm safe and that nothing will happen. And should something happen it'll be too fast for me to worry about. Helps resolve most of that fear. I do also get nervous though if I see thunderstorms in the area and/or the approach of a front. Since my job is weather observing I pretty much know what could possibly happen from those. I've actually freaked out on a tin can (one of those small planes that can hold a bunch of people-like they're used for regional airlines. Not those much smaller usually private planes like Cessnas.) once because we were flying around a bunch of thunderstorms in the area and hitting some nasty turbulence. If the plane was larger it wouldn't have been so bad. For the record we weren't like right next to said storms; turbulence can and often is several miles or so away from the storms so you don't have to be right next to them to get ugly turbulence. And of course there's other ways of getting turbulence that has nothing to do with thunderstorms at all.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I love planes but I'm super afraid of flying.
*cries*
I love planes but I'm super afraid of flying.
*cries*
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
I love planes and flying!!! I'm probably biased though, as I'm studying to become a pilot myself. :)
I love planes and flying!!! I'm probably biased though, as I'm studying to become a pilot myself. :)
77696944_QykUN2hTzlQMCkD.png
ack, I hate planes. Flying is okay, even though I'm afraid of heights, I just hate the noise and the pressure on my ears.
ack, I hate planes. Flying is okay, even though I'm afraid of heights, I just hate the noise and the pressure on my ears.
(Totally not biased at all)
Fly delta
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8l51FOpU95Q
I love to fly on airplanes especially if you get the windows.
(Totally not biased at all)
Fly delta
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8l51FOpU95Q
I love to fly on airplanes especially if you get the windows.
Unfortunately, it is ugly, sad but not chocolate, beef clinical carrots.
Ridiculus Bibendum nutrition itself.
I love the timelessness of it. Airports have such a chaotic yet calm vibe. People drinking coffee at 3am. Buying Swarovski jewels at midnight. Shopping for alcohol at dawn. Sleeping on chairs. Wistfully looking at other planes taking off. Sprinting in your school shirt dragging your luggage along with your friends because you heard your flight was boarding early only to reach, all sweaty from running, just to find it it was delayed by an hour.

However, I don't love flying. I have a huge fear of plane crashes and if I hear of one (where people died - emergency landings where everyone was okay is fine) I will not step on a plane for the next six months. Turbulence makes me freak out silently.

I remember I went to Cambodia for a school thing. When we came home we flew from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City first, then back to Singapore. It was a night flight from Ho Chi Minh to Singapore and we flew above the clouds next to the moon so it was stunning and smooth.

Then we descended, through a huge layer of clouds. The turbulence was insane and I clutched my seat like I was going to die.

Our flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh also got delayed 4 hours because the air traffic was really congested and it had to just hang out at wherever it was. My friends and I resorted to hitting each other with a giant bag of hardened gummy bears. It felt like a brick.

One thing I love about Singapore Airlines as a Singaporean is that they greet locals when landing back in Singapore with "To all tourists, welcome to Singapore, and to all Singaporeans, a warm welcome home." I feel like it's a nice touch.

I do recall in 2015 my film class was going to go to Taiwan for the Film Festival there. I declined because I didn't have the money to go and also, there was a plane crash in Taiwan a couple months back. It was the one where the plane wing clipped a bridge and crashed into a river. Hell no.
I love the timelessness of it. Airports have such a chaotic yet calm vibe. People drinking coffee at 3am. Buying Swarovski jewels at midnight. Shopping for alcohol at dawn. Sleeping on chairs. Wistfully looking at other planes taking off. Sprinting in your school shirt dragging your luggage along with your friends because you heard your flight was boarding early only to reach, all sweaty from running, just to find it it was delayed by an hour.

However, I don't love flying. I have a huge fear of plane crashes and if I hear of one (where people died - emergency landings where everyone was okay is fine) I will not step on a plane for the next six months. Turbulence makes me freak out silently.

I remember I went to Cambodia for a school thing. When we came home we flew from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City first, then back to Singapore. It was a night flight from Ho Chi Minh to Singapore and we flew above the clouds next to the moon so it was stunning and smooth.

Then we descended, through a huge layer of clouds. The turbulence was insane and I clutched my seat like I was going to die.

Our flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh also got delayed 4 hours because the air traffic was really congested and it had to just hang out at wherever it was. My friends and I resorted to hitting each other with a giant bag of hardened gummy bears. It felt like a brick.

One thing I love about Singapore Airlines as a Singaporean is that they greet locals when landing back in Singapore with "To all tourists, welcome to Singapore, and to all Singaporeans, a warm welcome home." I feel like it's a nice touch.

I do recall in 2015 my film class was going to go to Taiwan for the Film Festival there. I declined because I didn't have the money to go and also, there was a plane crash in Taiwan a couple months back. It was the one where the plane wing clipped a bridge and crashed into a river. Hell no.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I mean Dominaria's the standard, and Innistrad was fun, but I still want a return to Kamigawa and I think Ravnica's starting to be overused and those aren't the type of planes you're talking about.

I honestly kinda hate flying. I'm 6'7" and as I've gotten taller, airplane seat spacing has only shrunk and first class has only gotten more expensive. I don't fly unless I have no choice.
I mean Dominaria's the standard, and Innistrad was fun, but I still want a return to Kamigawa and I think Ravnica's starting to be overused and those aren't the type of planes you're talking about.

I honestly kinda hate flying. I'm 6'7" and as I've gotten taller, airplane seat spacing has only shrunk and first class has only gotten more expensive. I don't fly unless I have no choice.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
I have no real strong opinion on them really. I have flew quite a lot, and they're just....a more time consuming way to travel? It seems that way anyway. Yeah a 3 hour flight to Florida is better than a 27 hour drive. It's nice to look out the window and see everything get smaller, and the clouds are pretty, but it's still boring as heck to fly.

The longest I've flown was 10hours, and I have to say that was the most boring thing in my life.

Planes are pretty darn safe though. Never had a problem in all the flights I've had.

They're just boring as heck. :x
I have no real strong opinion on them really. I have flew quite a lot, and they're just....a more time consuming way to travel? It seems that way anyway. Yeah a 3 hour flight to Florida is better than a 27 hour drive. It's nice to look out the window and see everything get smaller, and the clouds are pretty, but it's still boring as heck to fly.

The longest I've flown was 10hours, and I have to say that was the most boring thing in my life.

Planes are pretty darn safe though. Never had a problem in all the flights I've had.

They're just boring as heck. :x
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4 5