Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | opinions on planes?
1 2 3 4 5
I LOVE airports. They’re basically a cooler version of a shopping mall, with tons of restaurants. I’m usually too broke to buy from them so I just suffer by smelling the aroma of the food

Planes are nice, I like seeing the view! It’s just the take off and landing that sometimes makes me sick....
And boy, the 10+ hour flights kill me inside.
I LOVE airports. They’re basically a cooler version of a shopping mall, with tons of restaurants. I’m usually too broke to buy from them so I just suffer by smelling the aroma of the food

Planes are nice, I like seeing the view! It’s just the take off and landing that sometimes makes me sick....
And boy, the 10+ hour flights kill me inside.
yehet! oho, rat!----

J A E

She/They
INFJ | Gemini
USA: Fr+3
1157000853.png
-- tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
.-listen-

previously StarGatherer
LF swan lake vista
I get very motion sick so planes are not good for me and I avoid being on one whenever possible. Airports are okay, they don't stress me out or anything, I just don't like being on a plane because it makes me feel terrible.
I get very motion sick so planes are not good for me and I avoid being on one whenever possible. Airports are okay, they don't stress me out or anything, I just don't like being on a plane because it makes me feel terrible.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I hate commercial flights with a passion - anxious flyer here but work requires me to fly frequently. This year I’ve flown 4 times for work and I recently had to get an 8 hour international flight to join my ship and will be flying back this time in 2 weeks. Thankfully both were/will be direct flights.

Airports generally stress me out though I think it’s the nerves speaking. Unfortunately it projects as irritability. I’m happier when I’m with a group of people because it helps keep my mind occupied but I solo travel a lot because of work. At least on the return flight there’s usually a group of us on the same flight. I also worry about meeting the port agent at the other end even though they’ve all been good so far.

I enjoy actuallly flying though, I have had a few lessons and want to get a licence at some point so for me it’s more of a control thing. As long as I can ask uestiona and see what the pilot’s doing I’m happy.

Hope you had a good flight!
I hate commercial flights with a passion - anxious flyer here but work requires me to fly frequently. This year I’ve flown 4 times for work and I recently had to get an 8 hour international flight to join my ship and will be flying back this time in 2 weeks. Thankfully both were/will be direct flights.

Airports generally stress me out though I think it’s the nerves speaking. Unfortunately it projects as irritability. I’m happier when I’m with a group of people because it helps keep my mind occupied but I solo travel a lot because of work. At least on the return flight there’s usually a group of us on the same flight. I also worry about meeting the port agent at the other end even though they’ve all been good so far.

I enjoy actuallly flying though, I have had a few lessons and want to get a licence at some point so for me it’s more of a control thing. As long as I can ask uestiona and see what the pilot’s doing I’m happy.

Hope you had a good flight!
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
I rode a plane once when I was younger and really enjoyed it, my face was against the window the whole time since I don’t travel often. But today I’m more anxious about flying and have to remind myself that it’s normal for millions of people. I didn’t know how bad babies were on planes until a few years ago while flying for a hunting trip, on the way there AND back. I can’t imagine the pain for people on 10+ hour trips.
My dumb ears really hate planes. They’re sensitive and often remain popped several hours after landing, often accompanied by headaches. I’ve tried everything from chewing gum or yawning but nothing seems to work :/
Airport shops are pretty neat!(and expensive)
I rode a plane once when I was younger and really enjoyed it, my face was against the window the whole time since I don’t travel often. But today I’m more anxious about flying and have to remind myself that it’s normal for millions of people. I didn’t know how bad babies were on planes until a few years ago while flying for a hunting trip, on the way there AND back. I can’t imagine the pain for people on 10+ hour trips.
My dumb ears really hate planes. They’re sensitive and often remain popped several hours after landing, often accompanied by headaches. I’ve tried everything from chewing gum or yawning but nothing seems to work :/
Airport shops are pretty neat!(and expensive)
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
I love going to airports, but airplanes are always kinda stuffy, making them kinda annoying for me. That said, I do like staring out airplane windows, I guess it just feels satisfying to me to be staring down at everything. I like all of this, even though I am scared of heights, which makes absolutely no freaking sense. Anyway, when get bored or annoyed with planes, I usually just think, hey, your going somewhere cool, yay! Also with a mix of headphones, music, airplane TVs, and/or books, it makes airplanes pretty survivable for me.
I love going to airports, but airplanes are always kinda stuffy, making them kinda annoying for me. That said, I do like staring out airplane windows, I guess it just feels satisfying to me to be staring down at everything. I like all of this, even though I am scared of heights, which makes absolutely no freaking sense. Anyway, when get bored or annoyed with planes, I usually just think, hey, your going somewhere cool, yay! Also with a mix of headphones, music, airplane TVs, and/or books, it makes airplanes pretty survivable for me.
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif

I had the opportunity and privilege to fly to Hawaii last year and once you get past security and find your gate all is good.
I was sooo stressed about security though, and while I knew perfectly well I wasn’t going to get in trouble, my anxiety kept telling me "What if you accidentally brought a gun?!”
After all that, things are well and good when you find the gate, because then you can wander around and look at stuff.
The flight take-off and landing are rough for me because it feels weird, and jet lag is wack.

I had the opportunity and privilege to fly to Hawaii last year and once you get past security and find your gate all is good.
I was sooo stressed about security though, and while I knew perfectly well I wasn’t going to get in trouble, my anxiety kept telling me "What if you accidentally brought a gun?!”
After all that, things are well and good when you find the gate, because then you can wander around and look at stuff.
The flight take-off and landing are rough for me because it feels weird, and jet lag is wack.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
I don't fly much, but I kind of like it. The whole process makes me a little anxious, but so does everything else, so... eh. Not really any more worrying than, say, a long bus trip.

Planes are actually one of the safest ways to travel, I think the reason it worries people is that it's out of your hands - if something goes wrong (never mind how unlikely that is) there's nothing you can do.

Also I'm tiny so the small seats aren't an issue for me.
I don't fly much, but I kind of like it. The whole process makes me a little anxious, but so does everything else, so... eh. Not really any more worrying than, say, a long bus trip.

Planes are actually one of the safest ways to travel, I think the reason it worries people is that it's out of your hands - if something goes wrong (never mind how unlikely that is) there's nothing you can do.

Also I'm tiny so the small seats aren't an issue for me.
yWVIirM.png
[quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-12-27 06:46:13" ] I started hating planes when I realized that if these things crash I am most likely going to die a horrible, horrible death. I sincerely hope your flight goes according to plan. [/quote] I think I'll pass on trapping myself in a metal tube a few thousand feet in the air thank you very much. I hate being in anything really thats not on solid ground, I was on a whale watching ship a few years back pretty much hated the whole thing even though after awhile I kinda got used to it (still refused to go anywhere near the railing) Also heights are not my thing...·_· edit: no clue why its saying the whole things a quote. Whatever.... edit 2: nvm!
Owlynx wrote on 2019-12-27 06:46:13:
I started hating planes when I realized that if these things crash I am most likely going to die a horrible, horrible death.

I sincerely hope your flight goes according to plan.
I think I'll pass on trapping myself in a metal tube a few thousand feet in the air thank you very much. I hate being in anything really thats not on solid ground, I was on a whale watching ship a few years back pretty much hated the whole thing even though after awhile I kinda got used to it (still refused to go anywhere near the railing)

Also heights are not my thing...·_·

edit: no clue why its saying the whole things a quote. Whatever....
edit 2: nvm!
I like planes! International flights especially. I was a little upset when I went to europe recently that I didnt have a window seat, since I wanted to try and see the aurora (since we were flying over Iceland/near the arctic circle overnight) and didnt get a chance because everyone closed their shades. :(

I also just wish airport stuff wasnt so expensive. A bottle of water shouldnt cost $5.
I like planes! International flights especially. I was a little upset when I went to europe recently that I didnt have a window seat, since I wanted to try and see the aurora (since we were flying over Iceland/near the arctic circle overnight) and didnt get a chance because everyone closed their shades. :(

I also just wish airport stuff wasnt so expensive. A bottle of water shouldnt cost $5.
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
large and make scary noises. no thanks.
large and make scary noises. no thanks.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
1 2 3 4 5